Fort Riley, Kansas
A real one.

Ex-pat Kiwi currently serving in the U.S. Army
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4036220 - 11/15/14 10:46 AM Re: So I Made A PSA [Re: DetCord]  
Talon Offline
Talon  Offline

Tampa, FL USA
Let me be the first to say, that PSA is awesome. I hope people take it in and follow through. I never served because I listened to the wrong people. That's a regret, I live with. Still, the good that has come of my decision is that I met my wife and we have two awesome sons that are serving in the USMC. They volunteered selflessly because we raised them to believe in God, family, country, and duty.

I've met and befriended several veterans who served in the Vietnam and Korean wars. Their stories will give you chills when you hear what they endured. Still, many of them persevered by holding on to hope, loyalty, patriotism, brotherhood, and many values that seem to be somewhat nonexistent today. The one thing they have in common is that they believe in the idea of freedom and service.

As a teacher, I struggle with the new generation of "entitled" kids. They do not even respect the pledge or our National Anthem. They have no sense of service, patriotism. Their only concern is "what are you going to do for me today?" I try to explain to them that the way of life they take for granted would not be possible if not for the many brave men and women who served and currently serve.

I am one who agrees that our veterans deserve a lot more than we give them. I'm going to share the video with my colleagues.

Thanks for sharing.
-T

Support simulation in the classroom.
#4036294 - 11/15/14 03:28 PM Re: So I Made A PSA [Re: DetCord]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
Great video DetCord thanks for sharing, loved the music too. I agree Talon. One can hope and pray its just a temporary period of insanity during a youthful period at least for the kids you describe. Unfortunately largely it isn't. Our nation in general has kicked and screamed and tried to pull themselves away from God's hands from Whom all blessings flow.

Everything that can be shaken will be shaken. We're getting ready to head into some interesting times and I think too many don't know it. Its going to be a very rude experience for most.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#4036380 - 11/15/14 08:11 PM Re: So I Made A PSA [Re: DetCord]  
DetCord Offline
DetCord  Offline

Fort Riley, Kansas
These issues really aren't something that can be fixed. People were appalled by the recent VA scandal, but they just said "that's terrible" and went right back to eating their dinners. What most people are unaware of is that the Veterans Administration can only properly serve around 3-8 percent of the Veterans currently alive. That is it. Another little known fact is that the VA employs a policy of curbing patients. If you don't know what this is, look it up.

The primary factor in these issues is the fact that the United States is involved in a major war every 10 years on average. That's millions of troops serving in combat zones all over the globe and the VA simply can't keep up. What I find truly laughable is that everyone seems to think these are new problems or occurrences in this system and they aren't, not by a long-shot. America's Veterans have been getting the ###### end of the stick since the end of the Revolutionary War. If you think that's a quip, it isn't. Do some research on the subject - Have a look at the Bonus Army, treatment of vets at the end of WWII, Korea, Viet-nam, the '91 Gulf War, etc etc etc.

Ex-pat Kiwi currently serving in the U.S. Army
#4036387 - 11/15/14 08:22 PM Re: So I Made A PSA [Re: DetCord]  
BeachAV8R Offline
Lifer
BeachAV8R  Offline
Lifer

KCLT
I've been doing battle with the VA on my father's behalf for the past year since I "joined the fight" so to speak. I was so sick and tired of the way they've been treating his case that I finally had to speak out. I wrote everyone and we finally recently got some traction when I went to the Virginia governor's office. They bumped his case into a section that deals with older cases (my Dad has been fighting the VA for 5 years now - Vietnam Vet that quite definitively got cancer from Agent Orange as a combat engineer in Vietnam). He retired with 24 years in the Army. The VA is a bit like that company in that Matt Damon movie (can't remember the title of the movie)..the health insurance company was "Great Benefit". Deny, deny, deny, frustrate, make paperwork, and eventually the veteran will tire and give up. Not us.

After three years they still can't can't stuff right. Recently they questioned him about his service in the Air Force Reserve. He was never in any reserve. And never in the Air Force. Left and right hands don't communicate at all. It's a travesty.

Very nice video.

BeachAV8R

#4036405 - 11/15/14 09:09 PM Re: So I Made A PSA [Re: DetCord]  
Moses Offline
I have a Rather Large
Moses  Offline
I have a Rather Large

Tulsa, Ok, USA
Great Video I shared it on my FB page

Thanks

Jeff "Moses" Malone
Proud Member of 195th Dambusters Virtual Squadron.
http://561stbms.enjin.com/

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.