Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#4011500 - 09/18/14 08:33 PM Re: Legal EAW Full Game Downloads [Re: Col. Gibbon]  
AngleOff Offline
AngleOff  Offline

PA., USA
I know I asked this a long time ago, but could someone please correct me again?
When the code was released to the community, wasn't it stated that we could do whatever
we wanted with it as long as it was NOT for profit?

Doesn't releasing a fully working 1.40 for free fall into this catagory?
Thanks,

AO

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4011505 - 09/18/14 08:48 PM Re: Legal EAW Full Game Downloads [Re: Col. Gibbon]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
Ive been installing all day runs great as a base install...But most of the sets on 1.40 wont work.Think the ETO\DAW was the only one that did...Does anybody else have any luck with any of them???I tried moving the dir sets now installed to the not installed folder and tried to set up SPAW and it wont run and starting some others gives me an error 53.Still going to try and set a few up.

Last edited by rwatson; 09/18/14 08:53 PM.

Russ
Semper Fi
#4011527 - 09/18/14 09:20 PM Re: Legal EAW Full Game Downloads [Re: Col. Gibbon]  
Col. Gibbon Offline
A nobody
Col. Gibbon  Offline
A nobody
Veteran

Hi AngleOff.

At the time of the agreement, EAW was still available as a pay download, from Atari, and several other pay sites, so we were never allowed to offer full downloads.

Also, we were never allowed to charge for any of our mods, including exe realeases.

Now we have no way for anyone to get a legal copy of the default game, so unless you have a working disk, or can pick one up, there is no way for new players to try the game.

Yes, it's 16 years since EAW was released, and there is a whole new generation who have never had the chance to play it, on many platforms.

So we need to get permission from Atari to post a free full version, or Atati to post out updated EAW, on their website, so it can be legally downloaded once again.

I hope that covers your question? wink

Supports EAW 1.29.exe, Drop in and Play Technology. wink

1.29 download
#4011571 - 09/18/14 11:41 PM Re: Legal EAW Full Game Downloads [Re: Col. Gibbon]  
AngleOff Offline
AngleOff  Offline

PA., USA
Originally Posted By: Col. Gibbon
Hi AngleOff.

At the time of the agreement, EAW was still available as a pay download, from Atari, and several other pay sites, so we were never allowed to offer full downloads.

I didn't know there was anything in the agreement that stated we could not offer free, full, modded downloads.
Only that whatever was done, was not for profit. Example:
Quote:

In this way it is also understood that no such discussion or game development shall pertain to, be directed at, or be in furtherance of any activity that seeks to, does or will exploit such game code or the game title for any commercial or profitable purpose, that thereby diminishes or dilutes the good will in or to such game and/or its trademark (in part or whole), or that otherwise disparages or casts a negative light on Atari Interactive in any form, any of its affiliates, and/or their respective intellectual property rights, business activities, or ownership of the aforementioned title proffered upon this agreement.

Personally, I thought the agreement was quite clear...but if anyone is worried, I would just ask their permission.
They were quite gracious in this agreement, and there would seem to be no reason for that to change. biggrin

AO

#4011654 - 09/19/14 02:41 AM Re: Legal EAW Full Game Downloads [Re: Col. Gibbon]  
Brit44 'Aldo' Offline
Every Human is Unique
Brit44 'Aldo'  Offline
Every Human is Unique

I don't have a copy of the agreement and I asked Moogy to remove me from the Gen, do to my NDA. I still think it is best I stay out of the code work untill I have no NDA.

Quote:
I didn't know there was anything in the agreement that stated we could not offer free, full, modded downloads.

I define "full" as every file needed to fly against the AI or another human.

"Full" is the word I worry about. I have never seen an agreement that allows the full release of intellectual propery rights. My personal opinion is that "full" release of EAW diminishes or dilutes the trademark and intellectual property rights of the copyright owner of EAW. I have always been told that Atari is the owner of EAW as intellectual property.

I agree with AO, that it should be asked if Atari has an objection.

Jon,
Customer support is not who you need to talk to. Customer support is for the end user. You need to talk to someone in product development or legal (what ever wording Atari uses from those departments).

TPA who TWI
"The 10th Amendment simply says that any powers that aren’t mentioned in the Constitution as belonging to the government belong to the states themselves."
#4011728 - 09/19/14 08:03 AM Re: Legal EAW Full Game Downloads [Re: Col. Gibbon]  
Col. Gibbon Offline
A nobody
Col. Gibbon  Offline
A nobody
Veteran

Hi Allen.

I have no other contact to use. I'm using them as a starting point, and I hope I will be passed up the food chain, to someone who will have the agreement, and will be able to talk with the CEO about our case.

It would be much easier for Nate to have done this, has he had the direct email contacts, but I have nothing, so I'm working from the bottom up. smile

1.29 download
#4011736 - 09/19/14 08:56 AM Re: Legal EAW Full Game Downloads [Re: Col. Gibbon]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Montagnac, L'Herault, France
I sent a friends request and a message to the author of the article who is a Facebook member.
From his page I suspect that he may not use it frequently, and I have no reply at this juncture frown

wink

Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
#4012122 - 09/20/14 05:25 AM Re: Legal EAW Full Game Downloads [Re: Col. Gibbon]  
Brit44 'Aldo' Offline
Every Human is Unique
Brit44 'Aldo'  Offline
Every Human is Unique

Jon,
I was wrong in my assumption for contact info. They make it hard, you were correct. But, given the amount of stock info they give out on there home page, I would believe the contact name or title should be in there. :P find a vp and rattle there secretary's email.

Tony,
I'm still working on that Polaris "tune-up" and have not had a chance to fire up EAW yet.

TPA who TWI
"The 10th Amendment simply says that any powers that aren’t mentioned in the Constitution as belonging to the government belong to the states themselves."
#4015422 - 09/28/14 06:58 AM Re: Legal EAW Full Game Downloads [Re: Col. Gibbon]  
Stratos Offline
Hotshot
Stratos  Offline
Hotshot

Amposta, Spain
So what happened in the end? I still have my EAW CD, but is there a way to have a one step install from there?

And yes, I still lurk around the forum every week. Still no game gave me what EAW did back in the old times.

Last edited by Stratos; 09/28/14 07:00 AM.

-Sir in case of retreat, were we have to retreat??
-To the Graveyard!!

sandbagger.uk.com/stratos.html
#4015442 - 09/28/14 08:26 AM Re: Legal EAW Full Game Downloads [Re: Stratos]  
Col. Gibbon Offline
A nobody
Col. Gibbon  Offline
A nobody
Veteran

Nothing yet Stratos.

I expect my email is working it's way up the food chain. wink

1.29 download
#4015443 - 09/28/14 08:26 AM Re: Legal EAW Full Game Downloads [Re: Col. Gibbon]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Check post #4011133 September 18th in this thread and use this link which was posted at the end of it:

140 No CDF install
Before you try to run EAW you must use the DirSetExeManager with these selections and make sure you pick a planeset even though only one is available.

wink

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

#4015761 - 09/29/14 03:40 AM Re: Legal EAW Full Game Downloads [Re: Stratos]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Stratos
So what happened in the end? I still have my EAW CD, but is there a way to have a one step install from there?

And yes, I still lurk around the forum every week. Still no game gave me what EAW did back in the old times.

I apologise for being grumpy with you Jordi, and it may be a language problem, but as you post in English our responses are in English too.
You have a long track record in this forum of posting questions that people answer. The problem is that we never know if you have read the answers or have acted upon any advice given because you never respond.

wink Jel

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4016191 - 09/30/14 09:05 AM Re: Legal EAW Full Game Downloads [Re: Col. Gibbon]  
Stratos Offline
Hotshot
Stratos  Offline
Hotshot

Amposta, Spain
Man I usually respond, maybe I missed one or two, but saying I never respond is a bit too much. Anyway, thanks for the link. Apreciated.

-To the Graveyard!!

#4016195 - 09/30/14 09:41 AM Re: Legal EAW Full Game Downloads [Re: Col. Gibbon]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Good to hear Jordi- let me know how it goes with that install, and if it works OK I can PM you a link to the other scenarios such as SAW smile

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4017376 - 10/02/14 10:23 PM Re: Legal EAW Full Game Downloads [Re: Col. Gibbon]  
PeterMBooth Offline
PeterMBooth  Offline

Pontypridd, South Wales,UK
Hi Tony,

So am I right in assuming the 1-40 no Cd does not need the various files from the original game that you told us to load for the previous versions and remind me please , where the heck can I find my EAW.ini file - sorry getting old (though younger than you) and my memory is going. Please keep it simple as I am pretty brain dead at the moment.

Cheers,

Pete

With increasing age should come wisdom and tolerance, but as the saying goes, "there is no fool like an old fool" as I prove regularly!

#4017494 - 10/03/14 08:04 AM Re: Legal EAW Full Game Downloads [Re: Col. Gibbon]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Peter

PM sent wink

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4020637 - 10/10/14 09:38 AM Re: Legal EAW Full Game Downloads [Re: Col. Gibbon]  
Stratos Offline
Hotshot
Stratos  Offline
Hotshot

Amposta, Spain
Hi Jel! Got everything working at last! Wondering If you guys have a keyset for the 1.40 patch. And also will like to take a look to other scenarios, skins and terrains.

Thanks!!

-To the Graveyard!!

#4020846 - 10/10/14 07:04 PM Re: Legal EAW Full Game Downloads [Re: Col. Gibbon]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Jordi I have sent you a link in a PM to a page where you can get more ETO, DAW, SAW, SPAW and Moggy's IRAQ.

What do you mean be a "keyset"?

wink

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4020895 - 10/10/14 08:29 PM Re: Legal EAW Full Game Downloads [Re: Col. Gibbon]  
Stratos Offline
Hotshot
Stratos  Offline
Hotshot

Amposta, Spain
A list of a keyboard telling what keys are needed for control, things like starting engines, radiator...

-To the Graveyard!!

#4034650 - 11/11/14 04:32 PM Re: Legal EAW Full Game Downloads [Re: Col. Gibbon]  
Baron Von Martin Offline
Baron Von Martin  Offline

Peenemuende, MB.
Hello,

Stratos, is this not programmable in the .ini file irregardless of version?

S!

BVM

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.