Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4034546 - 11/11/14 12:22 PM Paint supplies  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ

The tanks actually look pretty sweet, pretty arcadey gameplay but it sure is cool to have fun and not give a rats about fm's, dm's and rivet counting in a game biggrin Best part ? haven't dished out a single penny for over 50 hours of fun so far.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4034552 - 11/11/14 12:44 PM Re: Paint supplies [Re: Ajay]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
I actually play more WoT than WT,however that may change as I get to grips with it.

The one thing about WT is that you feel like you have a heavy tank under your control.They lurch,they sound right,they look fantastic and that's it with WT,the game looks superb. In WoT the tanks don't feel like tanks so much.

Plus with things like calling in arty and choosing to take control of an aircraft mid-battle (something I've not done yet) all makes a great gaming experience.

I'm about to unlock the StuG III Ausf. A and like you I've not paid a penny so far (level 7).

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4034869 - 11/12/14 12:59 AM Re: Paint supplies [Re: Ajay]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Agree on the lurch and the weight feel and sounds, so much panic when you end up in a bad position and have to reverse or try and get out of dodge quickly biggrin

I just finished the tier II grind, Germany and Russia. Going the KV2 on the Russian side so i can sit back and plop 152mm shells around without worrying about dashing in madly and defending. Following the Panther path on the German side, going to miss my F1 and F2 though. I am absolutely terrible in the stugs, lucky if i can break even in them.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4035062 - 11/12/14 03:29 PM Re: Paint supplies [Re: Ajay]  
Pooch Offline
Hotshot
Pooch  Offline
Hotshot

Orlando, FL
They can tell me all day about how arcadey these games are. I don't care. I enjoy the hell out of 'em. Moreso WoT at the moment. But I think that's because I get tired of the Russian tanks. I want my Sherman, and my M18 and the Chaffee...etc.
Yeah, it's nice having a game that you can just jump into and it runs flawlessly and you don't have to mod to get to look good. Been playing them for well over a year now, and I also haven't sank a cent into either one of them.
Played WoT for over two hours last night. Just stayed with my light tanks and had a great time. Got the T37 and I'm working my way to the Walker Bulldog.
Believe it or not, I sold my T29 heavy to get that T37. Sounds stupid, I know, but I'd rather move fast than travel across the battlefield at the snails pace of those heavies. The T29 was good, but it made me realize that the heavy tanks aren't my thing. Having fun with this. And I'm keeping my eye out for the American tanks in WT.

"From our orbital vantage point, we observe an earth without borders, full of peace, beauty and magnificence, and we pray that humanity as a whole can imagine a borderless world as we see it, and strive to live as one in peace."
Astronaut William C. McCool RIP, January 29, 2003 - Space Shuttle Columbia

#4035107 - 11/12/14 05:28 PM Re: Paint supplies [Re: Ajay]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
At the moment I've gone back to tier 1 and 2 games as I find them more fun.I bought a fully equipped T-18 so I could go 'seal-clubbing' but that's not working out too good. There are some good players playing the lower tiers.

I bought 2 Elite tanks,a Churchill and the Löwe. I only have 1,500 games and when playing the Löwe I usually attract such comments as 'gg Löwe noob player with 1k battles buys tier 8'. The level of hate you see in the chat is something else in WoT I find.

Does anyone use the WoT XVM mod?

Last edited by Chucky; 11/12/14 05:45 PM.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4035238 - 11/12/14 10:27 PM Re: Paint supplies [Re: Pooch]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Originally Posted By: Pooch

Believe it or not, I sold my T29 heavy to get that T37. Sounds stupid, I know, but I'd rather move fast than travel across the battlefield at the snails pace of those heavies. The T29 was good, but it made me realize that the heavy tanks aren't my thing. Having fun with this. And I'm keeping my eye out for the American tanks in WT.

I unlocked the KV1 in WT earlier in the week and was all excited to go out and smite the enemy mercilessly..spawn in and crawled towards them and then started taking hits before i even reached the cover of town (Poland). Whilst awaiting track repair i was drowning in a deluge of hits and near misses, everyone unconscious, sat there until she cooked out. Next couple of matches i was pining for my mediums..i much prefer the speed and maneuverability of the medium tanks over the harder hitting slowpokes although they do have there place.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.