Hop To
#4032374 - 11/06/14 01:13 AM COD: Advanced Warfighter PC  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
Bought this on pc for some reason. Usually go console but have a new pc now and I use an xbox 360 pc controller with this game. As far as COD games go its pretty good so far. Black Ops 1 was my favorite. Barely touched MW3, played very little of Black Ops 2 and just couldn't get into the mp on Ghosts though some of the sp missions were cool.

So far I'm really liking the single player campaign in this. Its still pretty much a cinematic driven action game but it looks great and plays well. I started the mp and its not bad but its hard getting used to the jump suit. COD games are twitchy enough for me but with the added jump suit and dodging its really wild. My main problem is lag. Not sure if its my end or release week server overload but I get froze and CTDs a lot while playing mp.

Started out working for Uncle Sam. Now I'm going to work for Uncle Spacey.

Here's my mp character with custom player card I made. I was surprised to see that they end up being actually superimposed onto your character model in game. Used to be just a backdrop for when you go to view another player. It also shows up on your weapons.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4032395 - 11/06/14 02:13 AM Re: COD: Advanced Warfighter PC [Re: Coot]  
LeemzHQ Offline
360 Gamertag = Leemz
LeemzHQ  Offline
360 Gamertag = Leemz
Hotshot

Massachusetts
I've played about half of the campaign and played some MP and co-op.

I'm completely and utterly bored with it.

It looks pretty, sounds good, great voice acting, high production values, blah, blah, blah.

This franchise has clearly lost its mojo. There is nothing going on that feels new, despite the exo suits and all the jumping and climbing and grappling. So far, there's not a single "WOW" moment in the campaign. And the MP is just people mostly bouncing around like Halo. Ugh.

It even tells a decent story but, try though I may, I can't like it. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate it, either. It's worse than hate, really. It's indifference. I've invested maybe 6-7 hours into it and I don't care if I ever play it again. I'll be trading it in for something new as soon as humanly possible.

My expectations were low but I sincerely wanted to like this game if for no other reason than to have another game for my XBox One. There is a giant, gaping, empty hole where the next-gen games are supposed to be and I was hoping this would fill that emptiness if even just a little bit.

Anyway, sorry for the rant, Coot. The screenshots are nice. The game does present well. There are times, during cut-scenes, where it's hard to tell if you're watching a video game or watching a movie. It's quite impressive, visually.

"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
Edgar Allan Poe
#4032401 - 11/06/14 02:30 AM Re: COD: Advanced Warfighter PC [Re: Coot]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

NP I hear you Leemz. I haven't been really thrilled with them since Black Ops. But I'm enjoying this one more than the last two.

I think the dry period is almost up though for console titles though. I know I've got plenty coming up to look forward to playing on my PS4.

#4032484 - 11/06/14 10:01 AM Re: COD: Advanced Warfighter PC [Re: Coot]  
Para_Bellum Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Para_Bellum  Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Hotshot

Germany
Nice screenies, the faces looks amazing. yep

But after Black Ops my interest in CoD has pretty much gone. Too much scripted on-rails action for my taste.

IMHO CoD 4: Modern Warfare was the culmination of the series, from then it went downhill.

"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm

#4032513 - 11/06/14 12:24 PM Re: COD: Advanced Warfighter PC [Re: Coot]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
All looks too futuristic for me... I'll give it a miss, although the screens look great.

#4032553 - 11/06/14 02:31 PM Re: COD: Advanced Warfighter PC [Re: LeemzHQ]  
AggressorBLUE Offline
Check out my
AggressorBLUE  Offline
Check out my

Jerz
Originally Posted By: LeemzHQ

My expectations were low but I sincerely wanted to like this game if for no other reason than to have another game for my XBox One. There is a giant, gaping, empty hole where the next-gen games are supposed to be and I was hoping this would fill that emptiness if even just a little bit.

It'll take about another year to really build out the pipe line for Next (current?) Gen. The main reason the 360 lit up so quick was that MS killed off the first xbox rather abruptly when the 360 launched. In contrast, the XBO and PS4 are still competing to a certain extent with their predecessors.

That said, GTA V on next gen is truly looking like a next gen title, and the new assassins creed game also looks great. We'll get there smile

In any event, CoD is looking like a gamefly title for me, as I view it as a SP only affair. I've no interest in wading into the festering swamp of foul mouthed racist twitch-shooter cyborg tweens that make up the MP experience, so I've no interest in paying activision full price for half a game.

My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ W/ Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / GTX 1070/ 16 Gigs DDR3 RAM / A Few SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case

Other Assets Deployed:
HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 smile
TrackIR TIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro biggrin
Simpit: Obutto R3VOLUTION

#4032711 - 11/06/14 06:58 PM Re: COD: Advanced Warfighter PC [Re: LeemzHQ]  
DetCord Offline
DetCord  Offline

Fort Riley, Kansas
This franchise has clearly lost its mojo. There is nothing going on that feels new, despite the exo suits and all the jumping and climbing and grappling. So far, there's not a single "WOW" moment in the campaign. And the MP is just people mostly bouncing around like Halo. Ugh.

It even tells a decent story but, try though I may, I can't like it. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate it, either. It's worse than hate, really. It's indifference. I've invested maybe 6-7 hours into it and I don't care if I ever play it again. I'll be trading it in for something new as soon as humanly possible.

Though I don't own it, as Activision is never getting another penny from me, that seems to be the overall impression from a great many players. I think most people are just done with the CoD series, its game-play style and their constant churning out of carbon copies year after year. Sales in the series have consistently dropped with every release since MW3. They either need to innovate (ha, yeah right!), or establish a new IP.

The biggest obstacle to IW and Activision actually doing something interesting and game changing is their own fanbase.

Fanbase:

Ex-pat Kiwi currently serving in the U.S. Army
#4032769 - 11/06/14 09:03 PM Re: COD: Advanced Warfighter PC [Re: Coot]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

I hate seeing such young kids playing games like this or GTAs. That's just my personal belief though. As an adult I don't need these games but certainly a child does not need to be playing these types of loud, fast-paced combat games. Its negative stimulus in my opinion. They don't need to participate in these games where violence and fowl language abounds. Wrong kind of input. Heck, if they're 16 or 17, let 'em have a go. Then when they're 18 they consume whatever they want.

Pictures like that just make me sad.

#4032976 - 11/07/14 10:21 AM Re: COD: Advanced Warfighter PC [Re: Coot]  
Wklink Offline
Permanent Latrine Orderly
Wklink  Offline
Permanent Latrine Orderly
Hotshot

Olympia, Washington
Me too but that is what the whole COD franchise is catering too these days. Actually almost all of the first person shooters made these days cater to the 11-15 year olds. They may put mature on their packaging but that doesn't stop anyone from buying them.

The artist formerly known as SimHq Tom Cofield
#4033146 - 11/07/14 05:44 PM Re: COD: Advanced Warfighter PC [Re: DetCord]  
AggressorBLUE Offline
Check out my
AggressorBLUE  Offline
Check out my

Jerz
Originally Posted By: DetCord

Though I don't own it, as Activision is never getting another penny from me, that seems to be the overall impression from a great many players. I think most people are just done with the CoD series, its game-play style and their constant churning out of carbon copies year after year. Sales in the series have consistently dropped with every release since MW3. They either need to innovate (ha, yeah right!), or establish a new IP.

The biggest obstacle to IW and Activision actually doing something interesting and game changing is their own fanbase.

Fanbase:

Agreed.

Also, why does he need three controllers? confused

I will toss in though, I think 14+ is an acceptable age for that kind of content. At that point they've heard worse in school, and it's not like it's any worse than what you'll see on prime-time TV.

My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ W/ Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / GTX 1070/ 16 Gigs DDR3 RAM / A Few SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case

Other Assets Deployed:
HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 smile
TrackIR TIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro biggrin
Simpit: Obutto R3VOLUTION

#4033181 - 11/07/14 07:22 PM Re: COD: Advanced Warfighter PC [Re: Coot]  
Peally Offline
Hotshot
Peally  Offline
Hotshot

Wisconsin, USA
I don't, people's un-monitored little crotch fruits are the reason Xbox Live multiplayer is as horrible as it is without a closed group of friends.

Scully: Victim died of multiple stab wounds.
Mulder: *throws her a file* Ever heard of the knife alien?
#4033197 - 11/07/14 08:01 PM Re: COD: Advanced Warfighter PC [Re: Coot]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Originally Posted By: Coot

Keyser Söze!

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4033295 - 11/08/14 12:33 AM Re: COD: Advanced Warfighter PC [Re: Peally]  
LeemzHQ Offline
360 Gamertag = Leemz
LeemzHQ  Offline
360 Gamertag = Leemz
Hotshot

Massachusetts
Originally Posted By: Peally
I don't, people's un-monitored little crotch fruits are the reason Xbox Live multiplayer is as horrible as it is without a closed group of friends.

Agreed. Half the reason I stopped playing CoD online was because I was sick of listening to 12 year olds drop an endless string of "N" bombs. Disgusting. I wanted to reach through my monitor and strangle every last one of them.

"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
Edgar Allan Poe
#4033296 - 11/08/14 12:34 AM Re: COD: Advanced Warfighter PC [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
LeemzHQ Offline
360 Gamertag = Leemz
LeemzHQ  Offline
360 Gamertag = Leemz
Hotshot

Massachusetts
Originally Posted By: Raw Kryptonite
Originally Posted By: Coot

Keyser Söze!

Ha! Or, maybe Verbal got his limp fixed.

Edgar Allan Poe
#4033304 - 11/08/14 12:50 AM Re: COD: Advanced Warfighter PC [Re: LeemzHQ]  
DetCord Offline
DetCord  Offline

Fort Riley, Kansas
Originally Posted By: Peally

Agreed. Half the reason I stopped playing CoD online was because I was sick of listening to 12 year olds drop an endless string of "N" bombs. Disgusting. I wanted to reach through my monitor and strangle every last one of them.

XBL really is as awful as everyone thinks it is. The rampant racism, homophobia and egotism is absolutely laughable, and disgusting.

Go to 2:50

#4033324 - 11/08/14 01:54 AM Re: COD: Advanced Warfighter PC [Re: Coot]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

nope

God help me If I heard my child having such a profound lapse in judgment. I'd smack my kid so hard in the mouth he'd think not twice but three times before he let any word come from his mouth. In reality though I'd take his games and most prized possessions and smash them into dust.

#4033389 - 11/08/14 04:35 AM Re: COD: Advanced Warfighter PC [Re: Coot]  
Peally Offline
Hotshot
Peally  Offline
Hotshot

Wisconsin, USA
If I ever caught a kid talking like any of that they'd be getting both a smack and some crushed electronics. I'm not as nice as you smile

Scully: Victim died of multiple stab wounds.
Mulder: *throws her a file* Ever heard of the knife alien?
#4033399 - 11/08/14 05:23 AM Re: COD: Advanced Warfighter PC [Re: Coot]  
NavyNuke99 Offline
One Man Wolfpack
NavyNuke99  Offline
One Man Wolfpack
Hotshot

Raleigh, NC
The few times I've played online on XBL or PSN, I'm always reminded of this:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/online_gaming

" And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'"- John F. Kennedy

"NUKE-ular. It's pronounced NUKE-ular."- Homer Simpson

AMD FX-8350 Vishera @ 4.0 Ghz
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB
CM Storm Series Trooper
Samsung 840 series 500 GB OS/ Game drive
WD Green 2TB Media Drive
Thermaltake Black Widow 850W PSU
#4037431 - 11/18/14 06:00 AM Re: COD: Advanced Warfighter PC [Re: Coot]  
DetCord Offline
DetCord  Offline

Fort Riley, Kansas
The developers think you're stupid.

#4038958 - 11/21/14 03:45 PM Re: COD: Advanced Warfighter PC [Re: Coot]  
Top Gun Offline
Lifer
Top Gun  Offline
Lifer

Roch-Vegas NH
Come one guys, the real reason is these 12-13 yr old are cleaning you out because their reflexes are just so much quicker? I've watched my kid play and I can't believe how he just cleans house. One match he went 32-3, he taunts once in a while to the little kids, but I've never heard him give crap to any adult, he's usually playing w/his clan. In fact he's gotten friend requests from adults because he plays so well.

I let my 13 & 10 yr old play these, draw the line at GTA, I bought it once and I couldn't even handle it and they never played it. I'll let them watch R movies like Fury or Lone Soldier when they're with me only. Nothing like Ted with all the Sex and Drugs. The graphics aren't bad in these games if you teach your kid right from wrong.

I have this game for the 360, it's ok, nothing new like what was already mentioned. My kids like it though, I haven't even tried the MP, but I'm pretty sure I won't like it just from watching them play. I like Titanfall better if I'm going to be jumping all around.

great screens Coot

Last edited by Top Gun; 11/21/14 03:47 PM.

XboxLive Tag: DOBrienTG1969

Dave O'Brien,
Top Gun Photography
Nikon D500 & D7200
Nikkor 70-200VR AF-s F/2.8
Sigma 50-500 & 17-50 F2.8
Sigma 150-600

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.