Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#4030922 - 11/03/14 05:27 AM Re: Will there be a SimHQ review now it's officially out? [Re: the Dutchman]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
When threads devolve like this I like to think they're lyrics to an opera. One conducted on ice.

Because, you know, every musical is better on ice.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#4030946 - 11/03/14 07:46 AM Re: Will there be a SimHQ review now it's officially out? [Re: the Dutchman]  
robtek Offline
robtek  Offline

Truth, in all it's forms, is usually very entertaining.

#4031035 - 11/03/14 02:08 PM Re: Will there be a SimHQ review now it's officially out? [Re: the Dutchman]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Blade_Meister
Bearcat, this is so ridicules, you used the word idiots in your OP, at least be man enough to just own that. It says a lot a bout a mans character when they say(write) something and then will not own up to it. You went back and edited it because you were called out about it by me right after you posted it. The paragraph above my Signature , S!Blade<><
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4026329/3

What are you talking about?? I never denied that... that I said "idiots". What I took objection to was the idea that Airdrop posted... that somehow I was trying to hide that, that I was editing my posts and trying to insinuate that I never did that.. that the post as it is now was the original post .. which was not the case.. I edited it because I was wrong and used a poor choice of words which is what I said and then I get labeled indirectly as some kind of cowardly liar. Or even worse a paid shill.. when all along I have stated why I promote the sim the way I do.. in fact I promote the genre.. It is not just BoS. You will not find me tearing down any sim anywhere. Not CoD. Not IL2. Not WT.. or any other sim.. except CFS3.. I have to admit I have blasted CFS3 but not recently..

I also objected to the notion that

Quote:
Bearcat you've thrown more personal insults at people on this forum and then act as if it never happened.

As if I was posting personal insults at individuals all over the d@mn forum. Which was not the case. You take what I say out of context. And you know what.. most of these "hard core" folks DO snobbishly turn up their noses at anything that they even remotely consider arcade. You cherry pick what I said and totally ignore the meat of what I said... I stand by what I said.. and everything I wrote in this thread speaks for itself.

Apparently whatever I say will be slammed and taken out of context .. and this back and forth BS could go on forever so.. You guys have fun.

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
#4031151 - 11/03/14 04:42 PM Re: Will there be a SimHQ review now it's officially out? [Re: bisher]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
Originally Posted By: bisher
I would love to see a review

HeinKill! wink

Hi all,

Thx but I flagged to Doug (Guod) some time ago that I have been labelled a 'hater' by 777 so I consider that disqualifies me from doing a SimHQ review.

H

[Linked Image]
#4031158 - 11/03/14 04:48 PM Re: Will there be a SimHQ review now it's officially out? [Re: HeinKill]  
dillon_biz Offline
dillon_biz  Offline

Originally Posted By: HeinKill

HeinKill! wink

Hi all,

Thx but I flagged to Doug (Guod) some time ago that I have been labelled a 'hater' by 777 so I consider that disqualifies me from doing a SimHQ review.

H

jawdrop

#4031199 - 11/03/14 05:46 PM Re: Will there be a SimHQ review now it's officially out? [Re: SkullBiscuit]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Originally Posted By: SkullBiscuit
Originally Posted By: AbortedMan

It gets more surreal -- so Jason is saying that Founders funded some other project other than BoS?!

OK....I've read enough at this point

Guilty

Guilty of incompetence or misappropriation....no Founders were told to fund anything other than BoS

It does not matter what they spent the money on. You were buying a product. The money they earned from the sale of that product can be spent any way they wish. You were NOT giving them money as an investor or venture capitalist. You have no say in how they run their company or what they do with their money.

There has been no fraud or misappropriation of funds.

#4031206 - 11/03/14 05:58 PM Re: Will there be a SimHQ review now it's officially out? [Re: HeinKill]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Originally Posted By: HeinKill

HeinKill! wink

Hi all,

H

The truth is you go out of your way to be constructive and have put in much effort to allow SimHQ members to better understand this sim

I was thought to be hater too, for asking some questions about depth of this game, but after looking at the 'haters' list and seeing I was not on it, I was placed on it wink Just kidding about the last part smile

#4031259 - 11/03/14 07:26 PM Re: Will there be a SimHQ review now it's officially out? [Re: Master]  
AbortedMan Offline
AbortedMan  Offline

Originally Posted By: Master
Originally Posted By: SkullBiscuit
Originally Posted By: AbortedMan

It gets more surreal -- so Jason is saying that Founders funded some other project other than BoS?!

OK....I've read enough at this point

Guilty

Guilty of incompetence or misappropriation....no Founders were told to fund anything other than BoS

It does not matter what they spent the money on. You were buying a product. The money they earned from the sale of that product can be spent any way they wish. You were NOT giving them money as an investor or venture capitalist. You have no say in how they run their company or what they do with their money.

There has been no fraud or misappropriation of funds.
Makes me wonder why they called us "founders" though.

#4031264 - 11/03/14 07:35 PM Re: Will there be a SimHQ review now it's officially out? [Re: the Dutchman]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Just a forum title they give out. It means absolutely nothing.

#4031273 - 11/03/14 07:57 PM Re: Will there be a SimHQ review now it's officially out? [Re: the Dutchman]  
Prangster Offline
Prangster  Offline

UK
It's very simple economics. Say I'm a fruit farmer with an apple tree. I get a loan from some backer that covers all my costs up to harvest time. While the apples are growing I sell some of the fruit to apple lovers. I can't give them the apples until harvest time but I keep them updated on the progress of their fruit and even give them a special "Founders" title as a reward for pre-ordering their apple. When harvest time comes around the founders get there apples and the rest are sold. All the money from the Founders and the regular sales goes to payback my backers and any that is left over can go towards paying for next years crop. Of course if I don't sell enough apples I won't have any money to survive in the apple growing business until the next harvest and I go off and publish a best selling ipod game about an apple farmer and become a millionaire instead.

I hope that helps explain in simple term where your Founder money goes. I can always illustrate it with nice colorful pictures if that helps. smile

Ian "Prangster" Jeremiah
#4031286 - 11/03/14 08:16 PM Re: Will there be a SimHQ review now it's officially out? [Re: the Dutchman]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

It is best to think of it like this.

You preordered the game. You got a "founder" title which means nothing and access to the alpha along with a copy of the game. They used the money from that for hookers and blow. You still got exactly what you paid for.

#4031293 - 11/03/14 08:23 PM Re: Will there be a SimHQ review now it's officially out? [Re: Master]  
SkullBiscuit Offline
SkullBiscuit  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Master
It is best to think of it like this.

You preordered the game. You got a "founder" title which means nothing and access to the alpha along with a copy of the game. They used the money from that for hookers and blow. You still got exactly what you paid for.

Technically true...they can use the money for anything they want since we had no contract

But I would not have given them the proverbial plugged nickel for hookers and blow

Even if they offered me some biggrin

AMD 8 core at 4.7Ghz
16GB Ram
GTX 970 4GB
Sim on SSD
Win 7 64bit
#4031304 - 11/03/14 08:34 PM Re: Will there be a SimHQ review now it's officially out? [Re: the Dutchman]  
WernerVoss Offline
WernerVoss  Offline

Originally Posted By: Prangster
It's very simple economics. Say I'm a fruit farmer with an apple tree. I get a loan from some backer that covers all my costs up to harvest time. While the apples are growing I sell some of the fruit to apple lovers. I can't give them the apples until harvest time but I keep them updated on the progress of their fruit and even give them a special "Founders" title as a reward for pre-ordering their apple. When harvest time comes around the founders get there apples and the rest are sold. All the money from the Founders and the regular sales goes to payback my backers and any that is left over can go towards paying for next years crop. Of course if I don't sell enough apples I won't have any money to survive in the apple growing business until the next harvest and I go off and publish a best selling ipod game about an apple farmer and become a millionaire instead.

I hope that helps explain in simple term where your Founder money goes. I can always illustrate it with nice colorful pictures if that helps. smile

biggrin

Asus P8P67 Pro Mobo
2500K CPU @ 4.5Ghz
Antec H2O Kuhler 950 Water Cooler
16Gb DDR3 DC RAM @ 1600mhz
EVGA GTX780 Classified GPU
Dell U3014 30" Monitor
xFi Titanium HD sound
Corsair Force 250Gb SSD
Corsair RM850w PSU
W7-64
INTJ
#4031306 - 11/03/14 08:36 PM Re: Will there be a SimHQ review now it's officially out? [Re: Prangster]  
SkullBiscuit Offline
SkullBiscuit  Offline

USA

I like pictures...the Army is a "visual culture" and communicates best with pictures (maps) since they convey spacial relationships (important in combat) much better than words wave

However in this case they are not necessary.....when I put money down in advance for my Apples (BoS) --- this is like a Futures Contract --- I expect it to be used for the production of more Apples..since I like Apples......and when I am told later that my money is going towards funding okra (Hello Kitty or you pick the title within the 1C lineup)...then at that very least I have to think that they did not need as much money that I gave them for Apples (I overpaid)...or I've been duped into funding vegetables I find obnoxious

Either way...it makes me unwilling to fund them in the future

AMD 8 core at 4.7Ghz
16GB Ram
GTX 970 4GB
Sim on SSD
Win 7 64bit
#4031307 - 11/03/14 08:37 PM Re: Will there be a SimHQ review now it's officially out? [Re: WernerVoss]  
SkullBiscuit Offline
SkullBiscuit  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: WernerVoss

biggrin

What he said....since you like pictures biggrin

AMD 8 core at 4.7Ghz
16GB Ram
GTX 970 4GB
Sim on SSD
Win 7 64bit
#4031308 - 11/03/14 08:38 PM Re: Will there be a SimHQ review now it's officially out? [Re: the Dutchman]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

You know some of that money HAD to have been used for hookers! It is Russia after all!

#4031372 - 11/03/14 11:13 PM Re: Will there be a SimHQ review now it's officially out? [Re: the Dutchman]  
AbortedMan Offline
AbortedMan  Offline

Right...thanks.

According to Jason's statement, our money isn't going to the apples at all. So what exactly is it we're founders of? How many people are under the pretense that their money went to BoS? A lot.

It's really not a big deal, just semantics, but another drop in the bucket.

#4031384 - 11/04/14 12:02 AM Re: Will there be a SimHQ review now it's officially out? [Re: the Dutchman]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

I would think they mean founders of the BoS community.

I also imaging that there are many like you who thought the money went straight to BoS and are upset to learn otherwise. It is a very misleading title to say the least.

#4031437 - 11/04/14 02:55 AM Re: Will there be a SimHQ review now it's officially out? [Re: Bearcat99]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
Originally Posted By: Bearcat99
Bearcat, this is so ridicules, you used the word idiots in your OP, at least be man enough to just own that. It says a lot a bout a mans character when they say(write) something and then will not own up to it. You went back and edited it because you were called out about it by me right after you posted it. The paragraph above my Signature , S!Blade<><
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4026329/3
11/2/14 09:08 AM http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4027230/7

What are you talking about?? I never denied that... that I said "idiots".

Bearcat99..........., you are a joking right? Bearcat99, I am sure you are of good intention, but please don't come on here and say I am an idiot again.
Edit: WOW! just WOW! Dude.
10/24/14 08:12 AM http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4026329/3

Originally Posted By:Bearcat99
I didn't call you an idiot..... and why does everyone keep bringing up the fact that I am a moderator at BoS.. as if 1) I was the only moderator at BoS ... newsflash.. I am not. Or that somehow because of the fact that I am a moderator at BoS means that I cannot post elsewhere...
10/24/14 08:12 AM http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4026329/3

What are you talking about?? I never denied that... that I said "idiots".

Ok Bearcat99, if you say so. I guess I should just believe you because you are a good guy with out an agenda here? I put all the page references, time and dates, in case you think I manipulated anything. And before you say," I didn't call you an idiot", you used the word idiot in your OP, referring to anyone who read your OP and who took a negative view or had a low opinion of BOS and was letting(sharing) that be known on the Forums (BOS Forum, Atag Forum, Sim HQ Forum, Steam Forum). So yes, you did call me an idiot, along with a lot of other readers here.
You know, there are people all over these Forums that like BOS and there are people all over them that don't like BOS. Say what you want to say and let others say what they want to say and get on with it. It is so tiring hearing you say the same thing over & over & over...etc. repetitive, repetitive..etc. Think about what you want to say before you write it, make sure it is the Truth to the best of your knowledge, not a Spin on what you want(an agenda), say what you want to say, stand behind it, don't change any wording you use and you are good as Gold. If BOS is half as good as you purport it to be and Flight Simmers need it half as much as you say we do, then a few people with a low opinion of BOS will never kill it or the genre. But if a bunch of lies are spread about how good or bad BOS is and those lies are exposed, then that will either Energize BOS or kill BOS, and rightly so. I honestly don't see anybody on a mission to kill BOS, except maybe Jason and 1C/777 through stupid decisions(there again that is IMHO). Granted there are some that are pretty negative, but anything else that is written about BOS is just opinion anyway, and we all have our own opinion of what makes a Flight Sim Great. So please for The Love Of God, stop plastering the, "your going to kill Bos, Your going to kill the Genre, you are committing suicide for all of us", on every Forum, again and again and again.. I can't speak for everyone, but for myself, I got it, your point is well made. I still don't agree with you, but, "I Got It".

S!Blade<><

#4031461 - 11/04/14 07:37 AM Re: Will there be a SimHQ review now it's officially out? [Re: Bearcat99]  
Wolf_Rider Offline
Wolf_Rider  Offline

Australia

~
What are you talking about?? I never denied that... that I said "idiots". What I took objection to was the idea that Airdrop posted... that somehow I was trying to hide that, that I was editing my posts and trying to insinuate that I never did that.. that the post as it is now was the original post .. which was not the case.. I edited it because I was wrong and used a poor choice of words which is what I said and then I get labeled indirectly as some kind of cowardly liar. Or even worse a paid shill.. when all along I have stated why I promote the sim the way I do.. ~

"Jason wanted me to squelch any conversation of RoF or CoD since the folks posting in those threads have such a hard time acting like adults" Bearcat - another forum far far away 2012

Last edited by Wolf_Rider; 11/04/14 07:52 AM.

“Hypocrisy in anything whatever may deceive the cleverest and most penetrating man, but the least wide-awake of children recognizes it, and is revolted by it, however ingeniously it may be disguised.”

Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  CyBerkut 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.