Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#4030710 - 11/02/14 06:21 PM Re: Il-2 Sturmovik studio head’s unprofessional conduct exposed [Re: Bearcat99]  
xXNightEagleXx Offline
xXNightEagleXx  Offline

Originally Posted By: Bearcat99
Originally Posted By: AbortedMan
I agree. At this point I think that we will be fortunate if anyone decides to even attempt to take on the hardcore market again. Too much BS not enough return. Hopefully BoS will survive this.
Hah, you act as if this was done for only reasons of being bored and wanting to be malicious.

All this "blame the customer" train of thought is what got them (and you) here in the first place.

This email thread was revealed solely to stop Jason's lies being posted on BoS forums where any attempt at defusing them would result in heavy moderation.

The "blame" for this all falls on the shoulders of the folks who made the decisions to get things to this point ultimately... That is my take on it anyway.

Look .. as far as I am concerned BoS is a good sim and it does still have a lot of potential if those making decisions about it choose to make the correct decisions. I think that some of you mistake my desreved loyalty to the product for blind loyalty to it's developers. That is not the case. For me... the sim deserves to stand on it's own merits inspite of some of the ridiculously counterproductive decisions made at just about every level of it's deployment.

Sorry Bearcat99 but in my experience you can't just be so faithful that path will change along the way. Usually once a company decide what path they want to follow they stick to it. It is so obvious they decided the mass path that slides to console taste. It is not in my interest to ruin their business (as long as they refund me since they betrayed my trust) but I'm not in position/mood to support them neither.

#4030713 - 11/02/14 06:34 PM Re: Il-2 Sturmovik studio head’s unprofessional conduct exposed [Re: Robusti]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline
leaf_on_the_wind  Offline

Could anyone in this thread be a Mod from the IL2 Bos forums ?

Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

#4030715 - 11/02/14 06:42 PM Re: Il-2 Sturmovik studio head’s unprofessional conduct exposed [Re: Bearcat99]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

.. the hardcore market again...

smile

#4030716 - 11/02/14 06:45 PM Re: Il-2 Sturmovik studio head’s unprofessional conduct exposed [Re: Robusti]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Hopefully BOS will survive the negative publicity, allow more options, and go on to be a decent combat flight sim series. That said IMHO the IL-2 series took a major step backwards when IC adopted the ROF DX9 game engine, and dropped the far more capable COD DX11 game engine. Not to mention the fact that the BOS development is drifting away from the fundamental game play of the IL-2 series, with XP points, unlocks, and limited FMB use. Thats not to say that the BOS game engine can't be improved, and may even catch up to the capabilities of the COD game engine, but I don't see that happening any time soon. BOS could have the advantage of a paid development crew, with a source code, but it appears that Team Fusion is made up of some very capable people that are overcoming any source code roadblocks.

Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
#4030723 - 11/02/14 07:02 PM Re: Il-2 Sturmovik studio head’s unprofessional conduct exposed [Re: Robusti]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

In all honesty Chivas, I don't see any game engine issues here.
It's all about how they pack it all together as far as I've seen.
To me there is a good sim inside, maybe not totally hardcore with He-111 looping after take off, but there is a "sim" there but I just don't want to touch it with the tools LOFT gave us.

Remove all the "online-singleplayer", unlocks and this thick shell of annoyance they stubbornly applied all over it, add a usable FMB and I'm sure lots of ex-IL2 dudes will join up.

IMO of course.
(but I've most definitively been wrong before)

#4030728 - 11/02/14 07:35 PM Re: Il-2 Sturmovik studio head’s unprofessional conduct exposed [Re: Robusti]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
Oh god... the drama!
Everyday it's like being in a soap opera.
Most people, (remember there are many, many people who play games that don't venture near a public forum) will continue to support because they like what they have.
Me, well I think the game will survive on its own merit. There are many things to like about it, and there are a few things I hate about it, regardless of the game politics and design choices.

If I was ever to be in a position to put together a flight sim, I would never, ever do an open development to get 'loyal fans' to assist in the journey... never!

#4030732 - 11/02/14 07:43 PM Re: Il-2 Sturmovik studio head’s unprofessional conduct exposed [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: leaf_on_the_wind
Could anyone in this thread be a Mod from the IL2 Bos forums ?

Do you think that anyone in this thread doesn't know who Syn and I are? C'mon man cut the BS. You need to just stop with that all together because in the bigger picture that doesn't mean jack.

The way I see it after reading the entire email which I could not do fully from the .. this all started out civil enough .. and this line right here:

Quote:
Listen no one hates this unlock system more than me. I have railed against it internally SINCE THE BEGINNING.

.. says a lot.

This whole thing has been taken way out of proportion. All this drama and judgmental BS over a feature that people don't like .. a feature that was added in direct contradiction to the warnings of Jason.. and others... and a feature that at the end of the day does not take away from the overall quality of the sim but whoose implementation has done more damage than anyone could have imagined. UN FARKINBELIVEABLE

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
#4030735 - 11/02/14 07:47 PM Re: Il-2 Sturmovik studio head’s unprofessional conduct exposed [Re: theOden]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: theOden
In all honesty Chivas, I don't see any game engine issues here.
It's all about how they pack it all together as far as I've seen.
To me there is a good sim inside, maybe not totally hardcore with He-111 looping after take off, but there is a "sim" there but I just don't want to touch it with the tools LOFT gave us.

Remove all the "online-singleplayer", unlocks and this thick shell of annoyance they stubbornly applied all over it, add a usable FMB and I'm sure lots of ex-IL2 dudes will join up.

IMO of course.
(but I've most definitively been wrong before)

That is the part that actually pisses me off the most.. and the main reason why I continue to cheer the sim on.. all this BS is just not even necessary. Once again we have a developer with a built in fanbase.. a rabid one at that.. so all you have to do is cater to them and loosen things up a bit to attract the newbs.. and you have a bonafide hit right out of ther gate... buuuut Nooooooooooooooooo sigh .

Some of you guys say in true Yoda fashion.."There is another..." but you know what.. while that "other" is nice and all... I want something that I can be pretty confident that I will be able to see a decent Mustang in in 4 years tops.. I want to see something that will give me some of the things that I want to see in a sim in a reasonable amount of time.. I don't want to sit around and wait 3-4 years between major theater updates and aircraft updates etc.. BoS has the potential to deliver that .. and to do it even quicker if the devs would just listen..

#4030736 - 11/02/14 07:51 PM Re: Il-2 Sturmovik studio head’s unprofessional conduct exposed [Re: Trooper117]  
robtek Offline
robtek  Offline

Originally Posted By: Trooper117
Oh god... the drama!
Everyday it's like being in a soap opera.
Most people, (remember there are many, many people who play games that don't venture near a public forum) will continue to support because they like what they have.
Me, well I think the game will survive on its own merit. There are many things to like about it, and there are a few things I hate about it, regardless of the game politics and design choices.

If I was ever to be in a position to put together a flight sim, I would never, ever do an open development to get 'loyal fans' to assist in the journey... never!

You make it look as if it was the problem that the devs asked their target group for advice.

That is like the tail wagging with the dog, first asking and getting mostly sound advice, fine, but then ignoring most advices and telling the founders: you aren't my target group anyway, that did rise the unhappiness.
This game has everything needed to survive, are the devs and the publisher able to use that potential, that seems rather unlikely, regarding the already shown kind of customer relations.

#4030743 - 11/02/14 08:11 PM Re: Il-2 Sturmovik studio head’s unprofessional conduct exposed [Re: Robusti]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
I don't get into game politics... I simply look at a game, play it, and then decide whether I like it or not.
If I don't I stop playing it... it's all pretty simple.
Sure, I will give constructive criticism. If someone acts on the advice that I and others may have given, great... if not, well I tried to give some positive input at least, but I don't get bent out of shape over it.

This will all blow over, and in a years time we will be still playing it... be sure smile

#4030749 - 11/02/14 08:33 PM Re: Il-2 Sturmovik studio head’s unprofessional conduct exposed [Re: Bearcat99]  
Mysticpuma2003 Offline
Mysticpuma2003  Offline

Birmingham, UK
I want something that I can be pretty confident that I will be able to see a decent Mustang in in 4 years tops.. I want to see something that will give me some of the thinsg that I want to see in a sim in a reasonable amount of time.. I don't want to sit around and wait 3-4 years between major theater updates and aircraft updates etc..

We're trying BC...we're trying smile

[img]http://i41.tinypic.com/2yjr679.png[/img]
#4030753 - 11/02/14 08:48 PM Re: Il-2 Sturmovik studio head’s unprofessional conduct exposed [Re: Robusti]  
Bumfluff Offline
Bumfluff  Offline

I would argue this email leak is the result of the havy censorship on the bos forum.

If they hadn't been so dictatorial over there this thing would have run its course in the community.

Now it's everywhere.

#4030770 - 11/02/14 09:27 PM Re: Il-2 Sturmovik studio head’s unprofessional conduct exposed [Re: Robusti]  
AbortedMan Offline
AbortedMan  Offline

The email was revealed to quell Jason's truth spinning and lying about what happened for just that reason.

#4030773 - 11/02/14 09:39 PM Re: Il-2 Sturmovik studio head’s unprofessional conduct exposed [Re: Robusti]  
SYN_Haashashin Offline
SYN_Haashashin  Offline

Unprofessional, like it or it, whatever reason you try to justify your acts, it is what it is.

You just cant go ahead and public personal and privates emails, period.

#4030776 - 11/02/14 09:41 PM Re: Il-2 Sturmovik studio head’s unprofessional conduct exposed [Re: Bumfluff]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Bumfluff
I would argue this email leak is the result of the havy censorship on the bos forum.
If they hadn't been so dictatorial over there this thing would have run its course in the community.
Now it's everywhere.

Well not to pass the buck or anything.. but I was kind of scarce over there for the past few weeks with real life commitments that kept me from being very active on the forums.. I came back to this $hitstorm @ a week or so ago..

#4030779 - 11/02/14 09:56 PM Re: Il-2 Sturmovik studio head’s unprofessional conduct exposed [Re: SYN_Haashashin]  
AbortedMan Offline
AbortedMan  Offline

Originally Posted By: SYN_Haashashin
Unprofessional, like it or it, whatever reason you try to justify your acts, it is what it is.

You just cant go ahead and public personal and privates emails, period.
Hmm, that's not true, because I did.

Jason wants to say what he wants about people then block any attempt for the people involved to clarify or defend themselves he makes these sort of things happen.

If you want, you can look at this way...he won't be lying about this anymore than he already has. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if another story was made up if he ever publicly addresses the situation.

Originally Posted By: SYN_Haashashin
This is complete uncall for, and most unprofessional behavior I have ever seen by someone that have legal papers sign with the other party, NDA remember??

This may be fault of two parties, but to me only one of them when ahead and broke all rules by doing what you did. Period. This is crap.
I never signed an NDA for anything involving BoS, nor was I ever requested to.

Last edited by AbortedMan; 11/02/14 10:00 PM.
#4030786 - 11/02/14 10:17 PM Re: Il-2 Sturmovik studio head’s unprofessional conduct exposed [Re: WernerVoss]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline
leaf_on_the_wind  Offline

Originally Posted By: WernerVoss
Wrong somebody, even to the point of lying about them, and then remove their ability to defend themselves, that'll almost always lead to fireworks.

A very apt statement sir !S

Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

#4030791 - 11/02/14 10:33 PM Re: Il-2 Sturmovik studio head’s unprofessional conduct exposed [Re: Robusti]  
AbortedMan Offline
AbortedMan  Offline

There's no crusade going on here. Jason obviously thought the situation warranted explanation, but he gets to say whatever he wants whether it's true or not? Not if I can help it.

Anything I've produced regarding Jason is in the same exact vein as his posts on the BoS forums. To explain what happened only because people wanted to know what is going on. Nothing more. His actions speak for and about him, I don't.

#4030798 - 11/02/14 10:55 PM Re: Il-2 Sturmovik studio head’s unprofessional conduct exposed [Re: Robusti]  
Murphy Offline
Administrator
Murphy  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Northern Michigan, USA

A point to remember;
Stating what you believe to be a truth, may not be to another.
State your case and leave it at that, repeated insults will not be tolerated.
And lets try to be civil.

Thanks,
Murphy.

"Murphy's Law"
#4030989 - 11/03/14 11:59 AM Re: Il-2 Sturmovik studio head’s unprofessional conduct exposed [Re: Robusti]  
dillon_biz Offline
dillon_biz  Offline

Yeah this whole mentality that we're on a crusade to kill WWII sims is absurd.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  CyBerkut 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.