Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4029297 - 10/30/14 01:01 PM Bulletin Board weirdness  
Brun Offline
Brun  Offline

London Town
Had a slightly odd experience with the bulletin board last night.

Saw a fantastic offer to transport 24T of gold, in exchange for about 120k space dollars. Luckily that's the exact capacity of my upgraded Cobra so I snapped it up straight away.

Before launching I went to check the transactions (formerly missions) screen to confirm the destination, but there was no current job in progress. Then I notice that I've got a bloody 80k fine, obviously having failed the mission for some reason before I'd even started it. Obviously a bit pissed off about that, until I realised I had a cargo hold full of 'stolen' gold. Fortunately the station I was at (wish I could remember which one) had a black market, and I managed to shift the lot for 105k.

So a seemingly bugged mission lands me with an immediate 80k fine but I end up 25k in profit without actually moving. Nice work if you can get it smile

Makes me wonder whether you can make credits by accepting a mission, abandoning and immediately selling the cargo. I'd read somewhere about a 'reputation' system for the BB, but haven't noticed any suggestion whether that's actually in the game, or whether completion or failure of missions has any effect whatsoever.

Also, despite my initial dislike for the new '3D' Starport Services, being able to access your other screens (and the galaxy map) is a huge improvement. One thing I'd like to see in the bulletin board is different icons to distinguish courier missions, where you simply have to deliver something, from those where you have to actually acquire specific items. Contracts at anarchy stations need more variety as well, the 'goods must be stolen' missions are so impractical as to be completely useless, alternatives are definitely needed.

#4029407 - 10/30/14 04:25 PM Re: Bulletin Board weirdness [Re: Brun]  
kludger Offline
Hotshot
kludger  Offline
Hotshot

SE Pennsylvania, USA
It sounds like you might have run into a bugged mission where the time for completing a mission is impossible:

http://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/c...rly_impossible/

I think if you fail or abandon the mission the cargo becomes 'stolen' so then you just have to lookout for that and whether the profit is worth it.

i7-7700k@4.5ghz, GTX1080Ti,BenQ XL2420G-g-sync,Oculus Rift

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM
Food Safety and Bad Roommates
by KRT_Bong. 04/04/24 02:16 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.