Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#4027143 - 10/25/14 03:31 PM Re: Can anybody proof the rumor on low cost russian version [Re: Zoltann]  
Zoltann Offline
Dux Ripae
Zoltann  Offline
Dux Ripae

Well gents, Bandy wants it in black and white in english. Fair enough I say.

So the meaning of this threat is stop this ASSUMING because it makes an ASS (of) U (and) ME.

Lets get this rumor out of the world then.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/12175-russian-version-dvd-2-free-aircraft-true-or-not-jason/

hopefully it stays...

#4027146 - 10/25/14 03:35 PM Re: Can anybody proof the rumor on low cost russian version [Re: Sokol1]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Chief Pheasant Controller
Airdrop01  Offline
Chief Pheasant Controller
Hotshot

Kansas, USA
Originally Posted By: Sokol1
Igromania: (GT)"Note that in Russia will also be released a special" Start "edition in Jewel-package of price of 499 rubles." (Original text bellow, this forum dont accept Cyrillic character).

http://www.igromania.ru/news/238726/Vyshla_cifrovaya_versiya_Il-2_SHturmovik_Bitva_za_Stalingrad.htm

Loft: http://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/2045-...-28#entry219036
http://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/2045-...-29#entry219062
http://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/2045-...-30#entry219109

ZAK: http://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/2045-...-28#entry219047

BTW - Notice that Digital (download) Premium and Standard versions - Steam and Web Shop - on Russian market has equivalent price of Western versions.

Look, I found a game related use for a minor in Russian. Wow. What a bunch of crooks.

Thanks for those links, Sokol.

explode

"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Indeed we call blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of the perseverance of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, because “the Lord is compassionate and merciful. James 5:11
#4027148 - 10/25/14 03:37 PM Re: Can anybody proof the rumor on low cost russian version [Re: Zoltann]  
Zoltann Offline
Dux Ripae
Zoltann  Offline
Dux Ripae

first reply from yakmaster:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/307960/discussions/0/619569341112252356/#c619569341140519173

Its in german, by "a DEV" and confirms SOKOLs answer.

More will come, surely...

Get some ketchup for that crow buddy

#4027187 - 10/25/14 04:28 PM Re: Can anybody proof the rumor on low cost russian version [Re: mugwump]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Originally Posted By: mugwump
Haven't heard a peep from Jason in quite a while. Wonder if he has anything to say on the matter?

Jason left SimHQ for good but the thread about it was deleted because of all the, "Dont let the door hit you on the way out," comments.

#4027226 - 10/25/14 05:53 PM Re: Can anybody proof the rumor on low cost russian version [Re: Zoltann]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
Jason sets his keyboard on fire when he wants to deny something. So the lack of response to these questions on steam and Sturmo forums is all the confirmation I need.

Two weeks ago they came on this forum and categorically said about the two plane version, "There is NO plan to release a free version"

Riiiight. Because 500 roubles/12 bucks for two planes is totally different.

Now the whole unlock BS makes sense.

- build the game with XP system to unlock planes because thats how they plan to make money (charge you for planes if you buy the two plane version); unlocking field mods was just a side thing
- release the two plane version to your home market
- get a base of founders paying full price of 50 or 90 bucks and give them all planes unlocked, and when those sales have peaked offer the two plane version in western markets too

The main offering will eventually be the two plane version, and the main business model will be selling plane and field mod unlock packs.

H

[Linked Image]
#4027235 - 10/25/14 06:03 PM Re: Can anybody proof the rumor on low cost russian version [Re: Zoltann]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
@ Bandy

In answer to: "Russian version on DVD with 2 free aircraft true or not Jason?"

Quote:
Just for Russian market. Not my call.

In North America we will sell Standard Edition in the box with several posters and key card for $59.99.

Jason

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/1217...on/#entry188427

Last edited by Sokol1; 10/25/14 06:06 PM.
#4027243 - 10/25/14 06:20 PM Re: Can anybody proof the rumor on low cost russian version [Re: Zoltann]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
"Just for the Russian market."

Right.

"We have no plan to release it in any other market" (yet)

H

[Linked Image]
#4027250 - 10/25/14 06:41 PM Re: Can anybody proof the rumor on low cost russian version [Re: Zoltann]  
Desode Offline
Ps3 & 360 GT : DESODE
Desode  Offline

I just keep Shaking my head at this whole thing !
I Told Jason on these Very Forums to watch his Back with 1C !
I told him that they would Probably Destroy his Good Name and 777's reputation forever !

Now It's all Coming True !

I actually feel Sorry for Jason but he was WARNED.
1C hung the 1l2 lisence in front of him and 777 and They all took the bait Hook line and Sinker !
Now they are getting Shredded by Hands Down the Worst, Most Greedy, Scheming, Back Stabbing, game publisher in the world,, None other then 1C Publishing !

Jason, Should have went and talked to Gaijin before he got involved with 1C publishing.
They would have set him Straight about how 1C Screwed them over and How they Screwed over their games Fan Base !

Atleast Gaijin , went So far as to take up the hat Among its Own DEV team and manage to pay for a Update release OUT OF THEIR OWN POCKET !!! They Did that for the Shear Love of their fan Base.

The Question now becomes will , Jason and 777 Go the extra Mile to atleast Show all of the founders that they are Sorry in some way ? !

Or will we find that they don't have the same Integrity that Gaijin did ?

Frankly this Entire thing is just Amazing to me,,, As one person said ,, it's not the $100.
I gave the money to Support the Genre that I love,,,
It's the Straight up bait and Switch that has now come to light !
My Hope that Something will be done to make this right is getting smaller by the day.

They need to atleast remove all the Unlocks for people that pay top Dollar to support their work !
If they can't even manage that,, their reputation will Be RUINED forever with the Sim community ,,,
Honestly,, I would say it may be to little to late but I would appreciate some kind of effort.

I still feel Sorry for Jason.

Desode

Last edited by Desode; 10/25/14 06:43 PM.

Forumrunners.com When you crave teamwork at the Highest Level ! Were waiting for you !

#4027252 - 10/25/14 06:47 PM Re: Can anybody proof the rumor on low cost russian version [Re: Zoltann]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
Even though I think the whole thing is shady, I don't think 'founders' who paid for the early access version have been hard done by.

This cheaper version has only two planes unlocked, the rest you have to earn XP by grinding to unlock the other planes. You can bet the devs will eventually offer unlock packs with the planes in them you can buy.

Founders get all planes unlocked.

Forget the field mods, it was never about the field mods.

As a founder I don't feel cheated if someone pays 12 bucks for a version with two planes, while I played 90 for a version with 10 planes.

I just wish they had had the decency to be transparent and up front about all this, because they have known it all along - and they should especially have admitted it when the whole community exploded over the XP system in the campaign game.

H

[Linked Image]
#4027255 - 10/25/14 06:57 PM Re: Can anybody proof the rumor on low cost russian version [Re: HeinKill]  
Desode Offline
Desode  Offline

Originally Posted By: HeinKill
Even though I think the whole thing is shady, I don't think 'founders' who paid for the early access version have been hard done by.

This cheaper version has only two planes unlocked, the rest you have to earn XP by grinding to unlock the other planes. You can bet the devs will eventually offer unlock packs with the planes in them you can buy.

Founders get all planes unlocked.

Forget the field mods, it was never about the field mods.

As a founder I don't feel cheated if someone pays 12 bucks for a version with two planes, while I played 90 for a version with 10 planes.

I just wish they had had the decency to be transparent and up front about all this, because they have known it all along - and they should especially have admitted it when the whole community exploded over the XP system in the campaign game.

H

I'm Not Convinced that 1C let their hand be shown totally shown until towards the later half of this venture.
I know they Didn't let it be shown with Gaijin..
Gaijin was crushed by what 1C pulled on them and their game's fan base..

1C owns the rights to the IL2 brand and hence they make the choices on how it is sold and all the marketing..

The difference is that 1C had Dev's on this project with 777 (If memory serves me right),, So Yes I would assume that atleast those 1C Dev's knew the game plan behind it all and pushed the Development in that direction.

I Honestly don't think that when Jason first came on here about BOS that he had any clue about 1C's total plan..

In the Past he has Always Been Very Upfront and Transparent as far as I'm concerned,, So I would bet that this has mostly been 1C's doing.

Desode

PS I got my Extra $ out of the Early Access time,, In All Honesty the Money Doesn't bother me.

Last edited by Desode; 10/25/14 06:58 PM.

Forumrunners.com When you crave teamwork at the Highest Level ! Were waiting for you !

#4027270 - 10/25/14 07:30 PM Re: Can anybody proof the rumor on low cost russian version [Re: Zoltann]  
Ghost_swe Offline
Ghost_swe  Offline

sweden
Its not about the money, its about playing with two decks at the same time.

#4027274 - 10/25/14 07:36 PM Re: Can anybody proof the rumor on low cost russian version [Re: Zoltann]  
ObvilionLost Offline
ObvilionLost  Offline

Pittsburgh, PA
Does it really matters how much it cost in Russia for Russian customers? Games in general are cheaper there. Do you think people there will pay 60 dollars for a game, not even going to mention 90 dollars?

#4027278 - 10/25/14 07:39 PM Re: Can anybody proof the rumor on low cost russian version [Re: Master]  
mugwump Offline
mugwump  Offline

Vancouver, Canuckistan
Originally Posted By: Master
Originally Posted By: mugwump
Haven't heard a peep from Jason in quite a while. Wonder if he has anything to say on the matter?

Jason left SimhQ for good but the thread about it was deleted because of all the, "Dont let the door hit you on the way out," comments.

I know. I didn't mean just here. I meant that he'd been very quiet over at the official game forum as well. He's replied now though. Another disappointment.

S = k ln W
#4027292 - 10/25/14 08:37 PM Re: Can anybody proof the rumor on low cost russian version [Re: Ghost_swe]  
SkullBiscuit Offline
SkullBiscuit  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Ghost_swe
Its not about the money, its about playing with two decks at the same time.

And that is what we know of right now. There may be a 3rd deck, or a 4th yet to come.

People make decisions on purchases based upon the belief that whatever facts there may be about a product, those facts are not going to materially change from the time I give you the money to the time you deliver the product; you aren't going to remove stuff that I thought was good, or conversely add things (locks) I think are bad.

AND

one group will not be discriminated against in favor of another group

We got laws that cover these concepts. And they exist because of experiences with fraudulent business practices.

When you go to play WT or WoT, their business model is right up front....you can either pay or grind..and the characteristics of the environment are fairly constant...so you can make rational economic decisions on Time vs Money vs Features

We got none of that here...the bait and switch, the uncertainty over future releases to include FMB, the significant differences in pricing for various markets...it all means you don't know if if the money you spent today will make you feel like a sucker tomorrow.

One thing I have learned from this thread from Desode...is this is part and parcel of 1C's operating model....this is likely the last time I purchase a product from them.

AMD 8 core at 4.7Ghz
16GB Ram
GTX 970 4GB
Sim on SSD
Win 7 64bit
#4027316 - 10/25/14 10:14 PM Re: Can anybody proof the rumor on low cost russian version [Re: Zoltann]  
Logan Offline
Head Tater peeler
Logan  Offline
Head Tater peeler

Found this on Dev 81:its about the unlocks but still.. now they come out with a cheap ROF free type version..just great.

Quote:
Is no one else seeing that those of us who bought the game in its early alpha stage was the crowd source to pay for part of it? And now we are treated just as a new buyer of the game (but at a cheaper price now) made to grind as the rest? I bought into it before August of last year so should we be exempt from this single player grind type of play? If I wanted that type of gameplay I could download War Thunder.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/11138-developer-diary-part-81/?p=170693

Logan,
Head Tater peeler,OIC of nothing
#4027321 - 10/25/14 10:48 PM Re: Can anybody proof the rumor on low cost russian version [Re: ObvilionLost]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
Originally Posted By: ObvilionLost
Does it really matters how much it cost in Russia for Russian customers? Games in general are cheaper there. Do you think people there will pay 60 dollars for a game, not even going to mention 90 dollars?

Very true but its not that they are getting a cheaper game that wrankles...it is that they are getting a game we were (rudely) told does not exist...depending on how you conveniently define 'free'.

H

[Linked Image]
#4027324 - 10/25/14 11:01 PM Re: Can anybody proof the rumor on low cost russian version [Re: Zoltann]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
Even if they didn't have to grind the other six planes in this Russian version the $12 price wouldn't bother me. You can only charge what the market will bear and right now the Russian economy is not doing as well as the west. They are still catching up after 70 years of communism. I read where the general population is just now starting to be able to afford fairly decent computers to run something like BoS.

But I think it is terrible they have to grind anything at all. They should have been offered a proper role playing campaign as should the west biggrin

Dogfighting is what you do "after" you drop your bombs and blow something up!
Can you say "JABO!" thumbsup
#4027436 - 10/26/14 06:51 AM Re: Can anybody proof the rumor on low cost russian version [Re: Zoltann]  
Zoltann Offline
Dux Ripae
Zoltann  Offline
Dux Ripae

Even tough it stayed civil at the BOS forum, the threat is locked...

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/12175-russian-version-dvd-2-free-aircraft-true-or-not-jason/

Will slowly go into the invisible pages. But the internet never forgets.

Installing game to give review.

Edit: for what it is worth, I concur that Jasons previous attitude does not fit this policy.

It will undoubtly be very hard to have an "arsch in die hose", meaning a straight spine...

Intuitively I was always annoyed during blogs and pressmeetings of the overbearing dominance and IMHO lack of team spirit from that certain 1C "gentleman".

Good luck on you Jason, now your rep is at stake.

Action=Reaction. Old law of nature.

http://bobgamehub.blogspot.co.at/2014/10/if-you-buy-battle-of-stalingrad-now-for.html#comment-form

Last edited by Zoltann; 10/26/14 12:26 PM.
#4027458 - 10/26/14 10:36 AM Re: Can anybody proof the rumor on low cost russian version [Re: Zoltann]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
Lets not get personal about anyone at 1C 777 these are company decisions.

A Russian company cuts Russian gamers a break - nothing wrong with that. Apple charges less for its music in the US than in Australia. Market dynamics and a touch of nationalism often rule.

But dont hide it. Locking threads asking reasonable questions? What's with that?

[Linked Image]
#4027461 - 10/26/14 11:09 AM Re: Can anybody proof the rumor on low cost russian version [Re: HeinKill]  
Wolf_Rider Offline
Wolf_Rider  Offline

Australia
yet, many don't subscribe to Apple for just that reason

“Hypocrisy in anything whatever may deceive the cleverest and most penetrating man, but the least wide-awake of children recognizes it, and is revolted by it, however ingeniously it may be disguised.”

Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  CyBerkut, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.