VERDUN on steam. ($20 in BETA)

Enjoyed this a lot last night.
It is a ww1 shooter that makes you take and assault trenches. If you fail your assault you have to go back and defend your last line.
A lot of fun as this is mainly a bolt action game. You can however use clubs, pistols, GAS attacks, early machine gun and sub machine guns and all manner of other cool things never seen before in a shooter... since every other shooter covers modern or ww2. The ww1 uniforms are early war which is to say nice and bright still.

The game still has features like holding breath to shoot and other things you would expect from AAA FPS games. There are a lot of perks and unlocks.

Squads are joined in fours and gain experience together as well as individual experience.
You can be German, French, British and I think Austrian.... within that I believe their are also canadian, australian, german alpine division etc.

I should mention that all this is in even though the game is only ALPHA.
Like mechwarrior you absolutely have to push together. Although in this game at least you can respawn when you die.

We had one guy notify us like Jayz that he was going to start streaming and the community seems very strong. Or at least as strong in numbers compared to mech. Full 32 players servers or close to were the norm for me.

Last edited by Destraex; 10/24/14 03:37 PM.