Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#4025678 - 10/22/14 04:25 PM Re: Is this worth getting? [Re: KodiakJac]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
Originally Posted By: Bucksnort
Originally Posted By: Force10
I don't believe in the montra that we should keep shoveling money their way and maybe…just maybe they will make a sim out of it someday.

Amen.

Can I get an Amen in the House tonight??? This statment cuts right to the very heart of the matter. Thank you Sir.
exitstageleft Don't want to be standing next to you when the Gulag Guards come looking for you! Back to Grinding Comrade, you will like it, or else! boom

S!Blade<><

Last edited by Blade_Meister; 10/22/14 04:25 PM.
#4025804 - 10/22/14 09:09 PM Re: Is this worth getting? [Re: JimBobb]  
JimBobb Offline
JimBobb  Offline

Let's hear some reviews folks.....

#4025811 - 10/22/14 09:17 PM Re: Is this worth getting? [Re: JimBobb]  
lokitexas Offline
lokitexas  Offline

San Antonio, TX.
Originally Posted By: JimBobb
Let's hear some reviews folks.....

Nothing has really changed in the past few weaks. Still a bad single player campaign. Still no FMB. Still xp points needed for unlocks in SP and MP. Still have to be connected to play the SP campaign. Still only presets for graphics settings. Still sound issues with hits on player plane. Still no historical squads. Still no Dserver. Not much else to say.

Bare bones, small scale, decent graphics, WWII flight game. Need to give it 6months or more to see anything I assume.

From last week to launch, still the same.

#4025817 - 10/22/14 09:27 PM Re: Is this worth getting? [Re: JimBobb]  
JimBobb Offline
JimBobb  Offline

Sounds like same with RoF

#4025845 - 10/22/14 10:36 PM Re: Is this worth getting? [Re: JimBobb]  
Logan Offline
Head Tater peeler
Logan  Offline
Head Tater peeler

Yep Jimbobb, it is. I enjoy ROF even with all the..um fixes that are needed. BOS is still the same. I did run a campaign on auto pilot just to see what it was. I just don't have 40 to 60 hours to grind to unlock it all. So if I do fly MP it will be just the base models for me. Ha! a bomber pilot without bombs..this should be fun!
Anyways, Blade I'm stealing your saying! biggrin
"Back to Grinding Comrade, you will like it, or else!"

Logan,
Head Tater peeler,OIC of nothing
#4025850 - 10/22/14 10:50 PM Re: Is this worth getting? [Re: JimBobb]  
JimBobb Offline
JimBobb  Offline

Unlocks? in a simulator that you pay full price? am i reading this right?

#4025852 - 10/22/14 10:54 PM Re: Is this worth getting? [Re: Logan]  
SYN_Haashashin Offline
SYN_Haashashin  Offline

Originally Posted By: Logan
So if I do fly MP it will be just the base models for me. Ha! a bomber pilot without bombs..this should be fun!

Sorry but this is plain wrong! All bomber have a standard load out, He-111 has a 4x250 kg bombs as standard, no need to unlock those. A lot of misinformation running around.

#4025868 - 10/22/14 11:32 PM Re: Is this worth getting? [Re: SYN_Haashashin]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
Originally Posted By: SYN_Haashashin
So if I do fly MP it will be just the base models for me. Ha! a bomber pilot without bombs..this should be fun!

Sorry but this is plain wrong! All bomber have a standard load out, He-111 has a 4x250 kg bombs as standard, no need to unlock those. A lot of misinformation running around.

Can you please clarify on more of the misinformation running around? I am seriously interested??? Would love to read what you know????

S!Blade<><

#4025869 - 10/22/14 11:39 PM Re: Is this worth getting? [Re: Force10]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Originally Posted By: Chivas
Remember old il-2 when we payed for whole expansion and not for single planes?..... good times.....

Combat flight sims have become too complex and costly for the old IL-2 business model of just paying for whole expansions. I think the model of paying for intermittent complex aircraft, and maps might better sustain a development with more regular pay days, instead of one every few years.

I would think most are on board for the new model of pricing if there is a flight sim when all is said and done. I'm not spending anymore for the arcade elements that are now in place. If my $100 wasn't enough to help get us there to a worthy IL-2 type flight sim…then I guess I'm out of this one. I don't believe in the montra that we should keep shoveling money their way and maybe…just maybe they will make a sim out of it someday.

I said nothing about shoveling money at them for nothing. Do you expect to get the next aircraft and maps in the next theater for free. Instead of the developer having to wait a few years until the next theater is complete, for another pay day, the next aircraft, and maps can be sold as they are made. If for example an aircraft planned for the expansion is finished early, it can be sold for use on the existing map. Nothing says you have to buy the additional aircraft now. If your that worried wait until all the content necessary for the next theater is complete, then buy it.

What we pay for a decent combat flight sims compared to their actual value is ridiculous. They can make a little more money selling the content piece meal, after the initial release. Twenty five dollars for an aircraft certainly isn't overpaying for the amount of work required to build them. I'd pay quite a bit more for a four engine bomber, and if you don't want to fly it, don't buy it, and it will just be an AI aircraft in your particular install. A steady flow of funding would help secure the future of the continued content we all want.

Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
#4025891 - 10/23/14 12:19 AM Re: Is this worth getting? [Re: Chivas]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
Remember old il-2 when we payed for whole expansion and not for single planes?..... good times.....

Combat flight sims have become too complex and costly for the old IL-2 business model of just paying for whole expansions. I think the model of paying for intermittent complex aircraft, and maps might better sustain a development with more regular pay days, instead of one every few years.

I would think most are on board for the new model of pricing if there is a flight sim when all is said and done. I'm not spending anymore for the arcade elements that are now in place. If my $100 wasn't enough to help get us there to a worthy IL-2 type flight sim…then I guess I'm out of this one. I don't believe in the montra that we should keep shoveling money their way and maybe…just maybe they will make a sim out of it someday.

I said nothing about shoveling money at them for nothing. Do you expect to get the next aircraft and maps in the next theater for free. Instead of the developer having to wait a few years until the next theater is complete, for another pay day, the next aircraft, and maps can be sold as they are made. If for example an aircraft planned for the expansion is finished early, it can be sold for use on the existing map. Nothing says you have to buy the additional aircraft now. If your that worried wait until all the content necessary for the next theater is complete, then buy it.

What we pay for a decent combat flight sims compared to their actual value is ridiculous. They can make a little more money selling the content piece meal, after the initial release. Twenty five dollars for an aircraft certainly isn't overpaying for the amount of work required to build them. I'd pay quite a bit more for a four engine bomber, and if you don't want to fly it, don't buy it, and it will just be an AI aircraft in your particular install. A steady flow of funding would help secure the future of the continued content we all want.

Yikes Chivas…did you totally not read what I wrote? Let me re-post my first sentence:

Quote:
I would think most are on board for the new model of pricing if there is a flight sim when all is said and done.

That should take care of your rant above.

As I said...I'm fine with paying per plane/theater…or whatever. My point was I'm not buying anything until they make this a sim…not some stepping stone for the War Thunder crowd. I just don't want to hear "We need to buy all the DLC to support the developers so they can make this the sim we wanted"…BS.

The flight sim crowd are the one's that helped fund this departure from simming…not the War Thunder crowd.

Read my post again…I wasn't debating the business model itself.

Last edited by Force10; 10/23/14 12:19 AM.

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#4025894 - 10/23/14 12:29 AM Re: Is this worth getting? [Re: Chivas]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
A steady flow of funding would help secure the future of the continued content we all want.

I would completely agree with you if 1C/777 had delivered a game that was fully adjustable to my desire and ability. Instead for 95$ I have received a game delivered to me that is adjusted the way 1C/777 want it to be adjusted for me. I am quite appreciative for their concern, but I am quite capable of adjusting and setting up a game the way I like to use it. Many of us funded BOS and did not get the content we wanted in the first place, not even close. So why would I want to fund them again in hopes of getting what I, and many others it appears, wanted in the first place. "Fool me once, SHAME on you! Fool me twice SHAME on me!" Gomer Pile
S!Blade<><

#4025907 - 10/23/14 01:09 AM Re: Is this worth getting? [Re: Blade_Meister]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Blade_Meister
A steady flow of funding would help secure the future of the continued content we all want.

"Fool me once, SHAME on you! Fool me twice SHAME on me!" Gomer Pile

As I was reading your post that saying came to mind before I finished the paragraph...but you beat me to it! hahaha

Never again...

Dogfighting is what you do "after" you drop your bombs and blow something up!
Can you say "JABO!" thumbsup
#4025935 - 10/23/14 02:17 AM Re: Is this worth getting? [Re: Blade_Meister]  
Logan Offline
Head Tater peeler
Logan  Offline
Head Tater peeler

Originally Posted By: Blade_Meister
Originally Posted By: SYN_Haashashin

Can you please clarify on more of the misinformation running around? I am seriously interested??? Would love to read what you know????

S!Blade<><

Sorry I should have been clear. Say My buddy and I want to take a few lagg's up for a jabo run then get into a dogfight, if I don't do the grind I will not have the bombs for my fighter. SYN Haashashin I should have posted that the first time. Sorry didn't mean to mislead anyone. Yes the bombers do have bombs.

Logan,
Head Tater peeler,OIC of nothing
#4025957 - 10/23/14 03:28 AM Re: Is this worth getting? [Re: JimBobb]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
The bottom line to the OP is BoS is worth it. It may not be to some others.. and you know what I HATE the idea of having to do a campaign... I have never done one.. started a bunch.. but never finished any of them. That is not my thing... but you know what else? I am going to do a campaign. I spent my hard earned money for this sim and at it's core it is a good product with great potential and I'll be d@mned if I am going to let my money just go to waste because there are some things I don't like about the finished product. People can sit around and cry in their beer and pan the sim like a bunch of kids and not fly it or boycott it or whatever if they want to.. or they can be men about it and suck it up and do what has to be done.

I look at it this way... this sim has a forced training section. I don't like it.. but I saw enough of the sim in alpha and beta to know that it is a good sim and not only that .. this launch is the best launch of a WWII sim in a decade. There are basically 3 WWII sims that guys like us can fly at the moment... IL2 .. which IMO is STILL the overall best WWII sim ever created.. dated? Yup... ! But IL2 is still a heck of a lot of fun and it cannot be beaten for it's diversity. Then you have CoD ... and while it was a disaster at release .. because lets face it.. if only a hand full of guys.. even say hypothetically 500 guys.. can fly it .. and everyone else has to spend thousands just to upgrade their rigs so they can run it.. the release is a failure and CoD was probably the biggest flop in modern sim history... but having said that 1C (that last official patch was a milestone.. let's be real..) and Team Fusion particularly.. without any official help from 1C after that last "official" patch turned CoD around to what it is today.. a CONTENDER.... and after that you have BoS... that is it gents... WoP could have been good.. but they abandoned it within the first year I think and came out with WT.. and while WT is a nice flying game... it is not a sim.. and it has little in common with BoS regardless to what some may say. That is IT. So you can wait .. or not.. but as it is BoS is nowhere near the horrible piece of garbage some make it out to be. It is nothing akin to WT either. The only thing they have in common are the same things that WT has in common with any other flying and fighting software... other than that they are miles apart.

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
#4025959 - 10/23/14 03:41 AM Re: Is this worth getting? [Re: JimBobb]  
walter Offline
walter  Offline

I spend 95$ expecting a hard core sim that allows me to jump in and enjoy all it has to offer,
what I ended up with is War Thunder light that makes me grind silly xp points to change aircraft skins
and forces me to fly the campaign in air start mode, this is not what I had expected, shame on the developers.

Cheers
Walt

Last edited by walter; 10/23/14 03:52 AM.
#4025964 - 10/23/14 04:01 AM Re: Is this worth getting? [Re: JimBobb]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
On steam, the deluxe version of this game is selling for $109.99 CDN

That seems, in it's current state, and considering the inherent restrictions of the game, a bit much

#4025965 - 10/23/14 04:07 AM Re: Is this worth getting? [Re: JimBobb]  
walter Offline
walter  Offline

They should port the whole thing over to play station and be done with, that way everybody understands
what it is all about.

Cheers
Walt

#4025968 - 10/23/14 04:22 AM Re: Is this worth getting? [Re: Bearcat99]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Bearcat99
There are basically 3 WWII sims that guys like us can fly at the moment... IL2 .. which IMO is STILL the overall best WWII sim ever created.. dated? Yup... ! But IL2 is still a heck of a lot of fun and it cannot be beaten for it's diversity. Then you have CoD ... and while it was a disaster at release .. because lets face it.. if only a hand full of guys.. even say hypothetically 500 guys.. can fly it .. and everyone else has to spend thousands just to upgrade their rigs so they can run it.. the release is a failure and CoD was probably the biggest flop in modern sim history... but having said that 1C (that last official patch was a milestone.. let's be real..) and Team Fusion particularly.. without any official help from 1C after that last "official" patch turned CoD around to what it is today.. a CONTENDER.... and after that you have BoS... that is it gents...

Bearcat,

I would say 4 WWII sims. Take a look at CFS3 with the ETO mod (European Theater of Operations). I bought CFS3 to run WOFF and had never looked at CFS3 alone until a few monhts ago. With the ETO mod it blew me away. It is very very good. Not the scope of IL-2 1946 in skins and maps, etc. but still very very good at what it does. They have also done the PTO (Pacific Theater of Operations) and MAW (Mediterranean Air War) mods. But ETO is where to start with CFS3 (and add the JBScenery mod). This is the way to tell if it is worth your time to update and mod it more. Looking at stock CFS3 you would have no clue how good the ETO mod can make it (at least I didnt'). Admittedly, its MP community is almost non-existent, but the SP dynamic campaigns are great.

I had no idea the CFS3 modding community had done this much as I'm a hard core IL-2 1946 guy, but over the last few months I've spent most of my time playing CFS3/ETO and MAW since finding it. Am I a hardcore IL-2 1946 guy...absolutely, but now I'm also a hardcore CFS3 guy as well:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/forumdisplay.php?7-CFS3-General-Discussion

If you like what you see with the ETO mod, then also add the following WOFF mods to CFS3: Ankor's DirectX Self Shadowing (which also includes a water/ocean mod), SweetFX, and Aris Fusion Clouds Mod and you'll have a game that stands between IL-2 1946 and CloD in graphics quality, in particular the plane models.

#4025980 - 10/23/14 05:15 AM Re: Is this worth getting? [Re: Bearcat99]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
People can sit around and cry in their beer and pan the sim like a bunch of kids and not fly it or boycott it or whatever if they want to.. or they can be men about it and suck it up and do what has to be done.

Blah! Blah! Blah! I would suggest that maybe you should man up and admit that BOS would be right at home on XBox 1 or PS4. This is not a Sim, it's an arcade game with a hint of Sim in it, using a successful Sim Franchise name to sell the product. Maybe 1c/777 in this next year can pull a rabbit out of the hat and fix this debacle. As of right now, I have 3 hours in, a half a dozen unlocks and to be quite honest, no attitude in this next statement, I am already bored with it. The nice feeling of flight and nice graphics just are not enough for me personally. Sorry, I have a hard time when someone tells me to man up to something, when that something is not worth manning up to in my eyes. I do applaud your effort to see the positive side of BOS and 1C/777.

S!Blade<><

#4025987 - 10/23/14 05:39 AM Re: Is this worth getting? [Re: Bearcat99]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
People can sit around and cry in their beer and pan the sim like a bunch of kids and not fly it or boycott it or whatever if they want to.. or they can be men about it and suck it up and do what has to be done.

I know you're saying this because you're as frustrated as the rest of us. But the bottomline is that's not going to happen with something that's supposed to be fun. People will walk away from it. We man up and go to work and do the things in life we sometimes don't like because they gotta be done.

Entertainment is where we don't have to do that. Entertainment is different.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  CyBerkut, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.