Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#4020935 - 10/10/14 09:26 PM Re: I Backed a Simulation in Early Access, not a WT-ish type 'game' [Re: KrustyvonKlown]  
WernerVoss Offline
WernerVoss  Offline

Originally Posted By: KrustyvonKlown
Originally Posted By: WernerVoss

Well, more fool them for thinking they had been clear when this is the result. We lose a hundred bucks each, they lose their entire project.

Not sure I can really trust the judgement of someone who pisses away $100 for nothing...

Lol! You pissed it away for nothing too...but at least I know it. hahaha

Asus P8P67 Pro Mobo
2500K CPU @ 4.5Ghz
Antec H2O Kuhler 950 Water Cooler
16Gb DDR3 DC RAM @ 1600mhz
EVGA GTX780 Classified GPU
Dell U3014 30" Monitor
xFi Titanium HD sound
Corsair Force 250Gb SSD
Corsair RM850w PSU
W7-64
INTJ
#4020978 - 10/10/14 11:37 PM Re: I Backed a Simulation in Early Access, not a WT-ish type 'game' [Re: apoll]  
KrustyvonKlown Offline
KrustyvonKlown  Offline

Massachusetts
You appear to be pretty clueless, actually.

#4020984 - 10/10/14 11:51 PM Re: I Backed a Simulation in Early Access, not a WT-ish type 'game' [Re: KrustyvonKlown]  
swampyankee Offline
swampyankee  Offline

Originally Posted By: swampyankee
I don't get what this extra resource is in releasing something already built.

The work needed to help people who don't have a friggin' clue how to use it. It's called "customer support". And given your inability to understand such a simple concept, I'm more convinced than ever that they made the right decision.

Again I have to repeat myself.

And if Help for the ME is in the form of the help for the ME in Rof it's all going to be the fans doing anyway. Those ROF ME youtube tutorials weren't a product of 777.

Read more: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4018935/10#ixzz3FmxkPjeP
Follow us: @SimHQ on Twitter | SimHQ on Facebook

This means that if they're going to use the ME from ROF then they'll probably follow suit with the, Ehem, "Customer support". That is, let the community teach each other. They'll be no help coming from them. In fact the very idea that they said we wouldn't get it because it was too hard for some shows a lack of any desire on their part to give any support on this matter. If they do release it, it will only be because of the uproar of those who really care. Those will be the ones to upload the customer support you eluded to on youtube, like ROF.

But your right as usual.

Last edited by swampyankee; 10/10/14 11:53 PM.
#4020992 - 10/11/14 12:01 AM Re: I Backed a Simulation in Early Access, not a WT-ish type 'game' [Re: KrustyvonKlown]  
knightgames Offline
Hotshot
knightgames  Offline
Hotshot

MA
Originally Posted By: knightgames
Actually, I'm pretty sure that the BoS mission builder has features that don't exist on the IL2 version, so the missions should actually be more detailed and complex. The fact that you find something tedious and annoying does not mean that everyone does. All that really matters is what can be accomplished with the tools available.

Then they would have released it already or at least not used the excuse that everyone says the RoF ME is too hard to use.

That's not the reason it's not being released until later. It's not being released with the game because they don't have the resources to support the release of the game and mission editor at the same time. When the game is released they're going to be overwhelmed by people who need help. As you noted, the mission editor is complicated and lots of people are going to need help with that, too. So it makes perfect sense to delay the release of the mission builder until the stampede caused by the game release is over.

This isn't that complicated, or mysterious. Stop reading a conspiracy into every decision they make.

I'm not reading conspiracy into it, Krusty. There are resources on the RoF forum that would easily be employed on the BoS forum. You may be right about them not having the resources to release both the game and ME together, but I personally don't see the need for extra resources for the ME when 777 barely gave more than a passing nod to supporting the ME in RoF. An online tutorial and maybe a sub section on the forum. A RoF user created a Youtube series displaying functions of the ME. IMO that's not using a lot of resources that would interfere with the game release.

I'll be honest. I know I'm being sullen regarding the release of BoS and having the botched CoD release heightens the bitter taste in my mouth. I'd like to see this succeed. I'm quite happy with Cod since TF ironed out a lot of issues, but I don't think either game will meet my expectations even after the best efforts are expended to do so.

Right now, I find CoD a better experience despite so many good things in BoS.

#4021010 - 10/11/14 01:22 AM Re: I Backed a Simulation in Early Access, not a WT-ish type 'game' [Re: swampyankee]  
KrustyvonKlown Offline
KrustyvonKlown  Offline

Massachusetts
I don't get what this extra resource is in releasing something already built.

The work needed to help people who don't have a friggin' clue how to use it. It's called "customer support". And given your inability to understand such a simple concept, I'm more convinced than ever that they made the right decision.

And if Help for the ME is in the form of the help for the ME in Rof it's all going to be the fans doing anyway.

Sorry, but that isn't how it works. Everyone does not go to the forum for help. They still need to provide support.

#4021067 - 10/11/14 05:12 AM Re: I Backed a Simulation in Early Access, not a WT-ish type 'game' [Re: apoll]  
HogDriver Offline
Retired Flight Simmer
HogDriver  Offline
Retired Flight Simmer

I feel like I woke up on "Opposite Day" where suddenly Cliffs of Dover is the game to be playing, and BoS is the one to avoid.

I refuse to buy a flight sim that I have no interest in playing, on the off chance that MAYBE someday they'll make the one I really want to play.

#4023388 - 10/16/14 08:15 PM Re: I Backed a Simulation in Early Access, not a WT-ish type 'game' [Re: Master]  
F19_Klunk Offline
Cr@p Plane aficionado
F19_Klunk  Offline
Cr@p Plane aficionado

Somewhere, Meatball land
Originally Posted By: Master
I have said this a hundred times already but I will say it again. If I could I would get my money back from BoS and so would all my squad mates who bought it. What a waste to say that least. I have already gone out of my way to prevent people from buying the game. The argument against such tactics is that if we ruin BoS's sales then they wont do a sequel. Well... im not sure I want a sequel if it continues in the same line ans BoS.

Your sir are the quitessential of a person who is bitter, spiteful and truly a tool too completely destroy a genre which is already on the verge of extinction. You boast about how you go out of your way to prevent people to buy a game which You sir do not approve of, without a second thought about those of us who think very positively about this game. You even hint that by deliberately ruining the sales, it could save You from a sequel You don't want. I have the solution for you sir. Instead of wasting your time scheming the demise of a company and the hopes for the success and future gaming experiences for us who truly enjoy this game and hope for more: do not buy the sequel if there ever is one. Sounds like a good idea? Spend your money, time and effort on something else.... Be a mature man ..please!

http://www.svaf.net
Nobody can hear you scream.. in an open cockpit
#4023389 - 10/16/14 08:21 PM Re: I Backed a Simulation in Early Access, not a WT-ish type 'game' [Re: F19_Klunk]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
Originally Posted By: F19_Klunk

Your sir are the quitessential of a person who is bitter, spiteful and truly a tool too completely destroy a genre which is already on the verge of extinction.

One could argue that this "gamey" crap is what destroyed the genre…what's worse…if by some miracle this departure from simming is a success, the genre we knew is already done for.

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#4023390 - 10/16/14 08:25 PM Re: I Backed a Simulation in Early Access, not a WT-ish type 'game' [Re: Force10]  
KrustyvonKlown Offline
KrustyvonKlown  Offline

Massachusetts
Originally Posted By: Force10

Your sir are the quitessential of a person who is bitter, spiteful and truly a tool too completely destroy a genre which is already on the verge of extinction.

One could argue that this "gamey" crap is what destroyed the genre…what's worse…if by some miracle this departure from simming is a success, the genre we knew is already done for.

Do you spend any time at all wondering why there aren't any developers working on your ideal game?

#4023393 - 10/16/14 08:33 PM Re: I Backed a Simulation in Early Access, not a WT-ish type 'game' [Re: Force10]  
F19_Klunk Offline
Cr@p Plane aficionado
F19_Klunk  Offline
Cr@p Plane aficionado

Somewhere, Meatball land

Tell me.. Considering u spending all this time in a forum devoted to a game which u quite obviously abhor.... Why do you bother? Wouldn't it just be easier .and more pleasant.. for u if u actually spend that time on something u like and approve of?

Quite clear there are many of us who think this is our only hope..and yes...we really enjoy BoS

Last edited by F19_Klunk; 10/16/14 08:35 PM.

#4023396 - 10/16/14 08:39 PM Re: I Backed a Simulation in Early Access, not a WT-ish type 'game' [Re: apoll]  
Bard Offline
Bard  Offline

Victoria BC Canada
*flies by to check out latest WW2 combat sim*

*sees nothing has changed, either with developers doing a good job, or the inability of the community to have an adult discussion*

wink

Last edited by Bard; 10/16/14 08:39 PM.

What WW2 Fighter pilots say about Angels and Airspeed:

"Nice job of getting down to the basics - love your choice of a cover!" Col. Clarence 'Bud' Anderson

"I have enjoyed reading angels and airspeed, it should prove good reading for all interested in combat tactics and their application related to the fluid air environment and state of technology in WWII years. All the best as you make it available." - Col. Charles McGee - Tuskegee Airman

NEVER ENGAGE STUPID.
#4023398 - 10/16/14 08:41 PM Re: I Backed a Simulation in Early Access, not a WT-ish type 'game' [Re: apoll]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

He doesn't share your opinion so he should leave? classy.
Why even click on a thread with a caption such as this one has if you only want to read happy thoughts?

#4023404 - 10/16/14 08:52 PM Re: I Backed a Simulation in Early Access, not a WT-ish type 'game' [Re: theOden]  
KrustyvonKlown Offline
KrustyvonKlown  Offline

Massachusetts
Originally Posted By: theOden

Yeah, he should leave. I bought Wings of Prey. I didn't like it I didn't spend 1 minute on their forum complaining about it. I moved on with my life. The people who hate BoS should do the same.

#4023406 - 10/16/14 08:53 PM Re: I Backed a Simulation in Early Access, not a WT-ish type 'game' [Re: theOden]  
lokitexas Offline
lokitexas  Offline

San Antonio, TX.
Why even click on a thread with a caption such as this one has if you only want to read happy thoughts?

They believe telling people to go away and calling people haters, etc. somehow helps the company sell more games.

Truth is these same people who will eat up anything put in front of them is the exact reason devs can 1/2ass a product be ok with it. I said it before 777 can put crap in a box and someone will say its the best thing ever. They are getting closer to that actually...that is if BoS will be sold in box form lol.

No but seriously, the only argument a lot of people have is "well go away". That pretty much is a last ditch effort when they cant convince someone the game they like everyone should like.

Last edited by lokitexas; 10/16/14 08:54 PM.
#4023407 - 10/16/14 08:54 PM Re: I Backed a Simulation in Early Access, not a WT-ish type 'game' [Re: KrustyvonKlown]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA

Yeah, he should leave. I bought Wings of Prey. I didn't like it I didn't spend 1 minute on their forum complaining about it. I moved on with my life. The people who hate BoS should do the same.

If they would like to refund me my $100…I will gladly leave the BOS forum.

Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

#4023411 - 10/16/14 09:08 PM Re: I Backed a Simulation in Early Access, not a WT-ish type 'game' [Re: apoll]  
F19_Klunk Offline
Cr@p Plane aficionado
F19_Klunk  Offline
Cr@p Plane aficionado

Somewhere, Meatball land
I have no wish force to leave...it was an honest question because I don't understand the concept of hanging around a place dedicated to something I hate. There is nothing to gain with a forum where everybody thinks the same and feels the same. We are all here for the love of this genre, even id we differ in opinions of what is good and what is bad.
And I don't need Oden to lipread me because u do a terrible job.

For me, ALL games and sims dedicated to flight combat is good... No matter what I think of a particular title. We need these kind of games no matter if they are arcadish or more complex and it benefits noone to bash a title jist because it's not in one's taste...or hoping for poor sales (as I have read in oher threads)..because u know what? The less this GENRE sells, it's more likely that no one dares to invest and take a chance producing games such as this.

Force...give me your details and I'll give u your 100 ...and I'll let u keep the game.

Last edited by F19_Klunk; 10/16/14 09:11 PM.

#4023413 - 10/16/14 09:14 PM Re: I Backed a Simulation in Early Access, not a WT-ish type 'game' [Re: Force10]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

If they would like to refund me my $100…I will gladly leave the BOS forum.

me too!

#4023422 - 10/16/14 09:22 PM Re: I Backed a Simulation in Early Access, not a WT-ish type 'game' [Re: F19_Klunk]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
I have no wish force to leave...it was an honest question because I don't understand the concept of hanging around a place dedicated to something I hate.

Please show where exactly I said I hated the game…or even said anything remotely in that direction. The only thing I "hate" about this whole thing are the strong-arm tactics by members like Krusty that cast an even more negative feeling towards the game. It's a shame when we make requests for more of a "simulation" that we get crapped on by folks like him…unfortunately it makes someone that was just mildly disappointed in something…go full on angry because they keep getting a sharp stick in the eye from the developer police.

I'm sure he means well, but he doesn't realize all his posturing, strong-arming and insults almost make a person hate the game even more for having to deal with his crap.

Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

#4023432 - 10/16/14 09:44 PM Re: I Backed a Simulation in Early Access, not a WT-ish type 'game' [Re: Force10]  
F19_Klunk Offline
Cr@p Plane aficionado
F19_Klunk  Offline
Cr@p Plane aficionado

Somewhere, Meatball land
I have no wish force to leave...it was an honest question because I don't understand the concept of hanging around a place dedicated to something I hate.

Please show where exactly I said I hated the game…or even said anything remotely in that direction. The only thing I "hate" about this whole thing are the strong-arm tactics by members like Krusty that cast an even more negative feeling towards the game. It's a shame when we make requests for more of a "simulation" that we get crapped on by folks like him…unfortunately it makes someone that was just mildly disappointed in something…go full on angry because they keep getting a sharp stick in the eye from the developer police.

I'm sure he means well, but he doesn't realize all his posturing, strong-arming and insults almost make a person hate the game even more for having to deal with his crap.

Forums are forum..good and bad...and yes I am sure Krusty means well.... He probably wants to defend a game which he...with all it's flaws and shortcomings already has learnt to love..as I have...and am. Sure there are things in the game I would hope would be different or more ...should we say substantial.. But for me my impression overall of this title is overwhelmingly positive.... And I can see great potential in what the team has been able to create in a very short time mind you..and it makes me angry..and defensive..when I take notice of things, comments, unfair reviews, that could be a hindrance for this title to be a success ....so that we might see all those things we now lack implemented into the game. Critisism directed towards the developers is important, but is Has to be constructive rather than destructive... Fair rather than unfair... Factual rather than emotional...

I haven't posted on SimHQ for ages, but when I saw so many..in my view... Hateful comments...well it just ticked me off. I mean to actually suggest to sabotage (as someone said) the sales by flooding the internet with negative reviews is just..... Plainly.... Absurd...and to be honest.... Inmature. And stuff like that makes me rage, no matter what title, game, genre we are talking about.., just have a look atvtbe OP' second suggestion.. Gaaaah

Anyway...sorry if I Offended anyone.

Last edited by F19_Klunk; 10/16/14 09:53 PM.

#4023461 - 10/16/14 11:01 PM Re: I Backed a Simulation in Early Access, not a WT-ish type 'game' [Re: Force10]  
KrustyvonKlown Offline
KrustyvonKlown  Offline

Massachusetts

WTF are you talking about? You're in here telling us that a 0 review for this game is completely reasonable. Now you're saying that you don't hate the game, but you're just butthurt because I'm not being nice to you. Make up your mind. And try growing up a little.

I'm not crapping on you because you want more of a simulation. I think the unlock design is idiotic. But the idea that it kills the entire game is completely ridiculous. I'd like to see them do lots of stuff with this game, but I also realize that they don't have the money to do the things that I'd like to see. Some people in here have ridiculously unrealistic expectations.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  CyBerkut, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.