Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
#4032372 - 11/06/14 01:05 AM Re: WOFF v2.0 Screen Shots ! [Re: Polovski]  
OldHat Offline
OldHat  Offline

Just wondering if there's going to be a feature to allow engine restart after landing?? Can't seem to find it on the list.

#4032425 - 11/06/14 03:48 AM Re: WOFF v2.0 Screen Shots ! [Re: Winding Man]  
OldHat Offline
OldHat  Offline

Originally Posted By: Winding Man
Hi Guys - there are no outstanding patches for WOFF Ver1.

What is up and coming is an Expansion to WOFF V2.0 and it is payware.

Here is the preliminary features list (Note we reserve the right to change this list etc):

1) Expanded Theatre: Terror Over England:

Fly Home Defence in England and defend your country against incoming Zeppelin and Gotha Raids - Day and Night - on the actual times dates that they historically took place.

Fly With up to 12 Accurately researched British Home Defence squadrons to choose from as well as with special Home Defence Machines.

Or Enlist in one of the Gotha IV Equipped Bosta squadrons in Europe near the Western Front, and fly day and night sorties against England, Paris and the French Channel ports.
Note: Night sorties by Bosta squadrons begin in early August 1917, as they did historically, prior to this they carry out day operations.

New additional Craft for this Theatre of Operations include:

Gotha IV complete with all fully rendered gunner stations
Zeppelin R Type (AI flyable only at the moment)
Zeppelin P Type (AI flyable only at the moment)
BE2C HD (Home Defence Type)
BE12 HD (Home Defence Type)

Note: If Flying in a Bosta with Gothas, night missions start in early August 1917 as they did historically - up until then the missions are day sorties.

2) Expanded Campaign Features:

Advance Time: by a day, a week, or a month to allow your squad to recover from a bad sorty - craft and men are replenished as appropriate, and a detailed summary tells you what took place for the period of advance.
Note Advancing Time only brings your squad more quickly back to full complement - it will not speed up transfer requests etc!

Leave Request Button: now implemented - if the player has served more than 15 days since last going on leave he may submit a request for leave.
Note the request button only appears after 15 days have elapsed since last leave approval.
There are now two leave types - 48 hour pass if days since last leave is less than 45 days or a 5 day pass if days since last leave is greater than 45 days.

Time Advance to next Historical Date: If the player is in a region where historical missions are taking place a 'Time Advance to next Event Date' button will appear to enable him to optionally fast forward time to the next historical event date.
Note: The player may or may not be directly involved in these events - this is a region criteria advance.
This button will not appear if there are no historical events in the region.

New Workshops settings: Encounters - High or Realistic to tweak the chances of encounters for those that want it.

Claims System Revisions:

If 'Log All' setting is not selected in workshops then no claims can be made for Quick Combat or Scenario Flights irrespective of Workshops Claims and Promotions settings.

Workshops Setting Claims and Promotions Normal:
A 'Make Claim' button is available in Mission Details page after every sortie - players must fill in a claim form by pressing the button himself when appropriate - there is no prompting to fill in a claim form.

Workshops Setting Claims and Promotions Easy:
The player is prompted and taken to the claim form to make a claim whenever he has an air victory.

Workshops Setting Claims and Promotions Easiest:
Claims are automatically made on the players behalf when he has an air victory - the claim form system is bypassed.

New: Night activity implemented in England to reflect actual night activity in WW1.

3) Improvements and Additions:

DX9 rendering option now built in via workshops to create dynamic self shadowing of aircraft, dynamic ground shadows for ground objects, cloud shadows - all varying with the sun angle and moon.
DX9 Terrain Bump mapping and Improved Sea rendering - with minimal cost to FPS (does use more memory).

External Camera Field of View now settable in workshops (DX9 shader enabled)

Night effects have been revised to render darker flak and smoke at night.

New Searchlights added to theatre where needed- England and now in Europe (dynamically lit if using DX9 shaders).

Additional targets for long range bombing activity implemented in England and France.

Night complements and air activity implemented to better suit actual war time night activity.

Modestly Increased Bomber and 2 seater Recce Air Activity in theater.

Modestly Increased General Air Activity in theater.

Revised and improved Cliffs of Dover Geographic terrain models.

All British French and German Squads overhauled to include for more historical craft.

Revised AI morale factors to reduce 'fight to the death' scenarios even more, and to encourage better self preservation.

Increased wind buffeting effects.

Some Terrain tile revisions and improvements.

'Newly planted Growing crops' terrain now implemented in Spring - England and Europe.

Distant Dots (of Aircraft) improved to more accurately resemble 'specks' in the distance with subtle colour change.

4) Extra Flyable Machines and associated Squadrons to ensure comprehensive campaign usage:

Aviatik BI
Aviatik BII
Fokker EIV (Twin Machine gun version)
Halberstadt DIII (Argus Engine)

5) In total 9 additional Aircraft are included in the Expansion.

HTH

WM

I say it again that this is an impressive list of features.

Suggestion: Would be good to sticky this in a separate thread titled something like "WOFF 2.0 Feature list preview" or similar to get more attention. Also, posting it on other sim websites would be good advertisement.

#4032472 - 11/06/14 09:28 AM Re: WOFF v2.0 Screen Shots ! [Re: Polovski]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Thanks.

To avoid more "wonder if feature x is in this expansion" basically if it's not on the list then it's highly likely it's not in the features wink

Obviously there will be one or two minor tweaks or whatever that we can't remember but most cool things we would of course like to blow a trumpet for so it's not in. Maybe in a future version.

We will obviously post the news in various places soon.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4032476 - 11/06/14 09:36 AM Re: WOFF v2.0 Screen Shots ! [Re: Polovski]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

It wasn't taken out just reduced a bit and the days you fly on bad days reduced. Wolfstriked, ANY feature takes time to create and add into the sim, there are many features in V2.0 we wanted from day one but time/resources/requirements didn't allow. All good things come to those who wait wink

Regards,

Polovski,
#4032478 - 11/06/14 09:45 AM Re: WOFF v2.0 Screen Shots ! [Re: Polovski]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
Looking good. Time to try to find my PayPal password.
And, using the philosophy of it never hurts to ask, perhaps sometime in the future the "Claims" and "Promtions" features in the Workshop could be unattached from each other? That way claims can be set to one level and promotions to another?

And it looks like the current mission/time method will still be default? I like the current system just fine but I like the "Requeat Leave" feature.

#4032491 - 11/06/14 10:20 AM Re: WOFF v2.0 Screen Shots ! [Re: Polovski]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

As we have said a few times best to ask in the Wish List sticky thread, for stuff you'd like - that's why we posted a feature list to avoid people asking is this in it, or can we have that here - thanks.

Regards,

Polovski,
#4032514 - 11/06/14 12:30 PM Re: WOFF v2.0 Screen Shots ! [Re: Polovski]  
trindade Offline
Mach2 Club
trindade  Offline
Mach2 Club

Portugal
Looks good! Any idea about the price of the expansion?

#4032520 - 11/06/14 12:50 PM Re: WOFF v2.0 Screen Shots ! [Re: Polovski]  
JFM Offline
JFM  Offline

Naples, FL
Really love the changed claims options. That just plants the flag on top of Suribachi. Excellent. The dynamic ground shadows are going to pop visual immersion, and the new crop textures sound great.

I look forward to some rougher air now and again. IMO it's way too smooth in all conditions. I have a lot of time flying C-152/172/182s and believe me, you can get the hell kicked out you in those things when the wind is up, like a bean in a Maraca. Especially under a few thousand feet AGL. Same on cool, calm, sunny days when the ground heats up in the morning--hang on!

Great job, worth the wait, although my credit card is now smoking...

#4032533 - 11/06/14 01:36 PM Re: WOFF v2.0 Screen Shots ! [Re: Polovski]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
I'm with you JFM. I'm really looking forward to the increased turbulence. I'm sure it's probably going to be kept to a modest level as the AI has to be able to fly through it, but still I'm grateful for any movement of the ball in the right direction, so to speak. My credit card is ready whenever the devs say that 2.0 is good to go.

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4032538 - 11/06/14 01:50 PM Re: WOFF v2.0 Screen Shots ! [Re: Polovski]  
Hasse Offline
Hasse  Offline

Increased turbulence will most likely make it harder to get kills, which is good.

I've been wasting money on failed sim projects this year, so I'd like to receive something good for a change! Could you please reveal the release date? smile

"Upon my word I've had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers."

James McCudden, Five Years in the Royal Flying Corps
#4032547 - 11/06/14 02:13 PM Re: WOFF v2.0 Screen Shots ! [Re: Polovski]  
JimBobb Offline
JimBobb  Offline

Am i right to deduct price of expansion to be 24,99 like the previous ones at start? :P

#4032568 - 11/06/14 03:05 PM Re: WOFF v2.0 Screen Shots ! [Re: Polovski]  
trindade Offline
Mach2 Club
trindade  Offline
Mach2 Club

Portugal
I'm just curious, i'll buy it anyway! yep

#4032602 - 11/06/14 03:58 PM Re: WOFF v2.0 Screen Shots ! [Re: Polovski]  
JFM Offline
JFM  Offline

Naples, FL
Hasse, I can't believe you fell for all that pre-access and Kickstarter stuff.

neaner

I'm just messing with him. I took it up the highway with that stuff for about seven times JimBobb's projected cost. duh Whatever WOFF 2.0 costs I know it will 1. actually come out and 2. actually contain what they said it will contain and 3. not have any 11th hour "oh, by the way" revelations that ruin everything for me.

#4032646 - 11/06/14 04:49 PM Re: WOFF v2.0 Screen Shots ! [Re: Rover_27]  
Tailspinner Offline
Tailspinner  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: Rover_27
I'm crying. You're the best!

Makes me happy to read that my kind words to OBD can move you to tears. That is if you were referring to my comments!

#4032673 - 11/06/14 06:01 PM Re: WOFF v2.0 Screen Shots ! [Re: Hasse]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
Originally Posted By: Hasse
Increased turbulence will most likely make it harder to get kills, which is good.

As long as the AI know that as well... lol!

#4032679 - 11/06/14 06:12 PM Re: WOFF v2.0 Screen Shots ! [Re: Trooper117]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
Originally Posted By: Trooper117
Originally Posted By: Hasse

As long as the AI know that as well... lol!

It is my understanding that the AI uses the same exact flight models that the players do, so yes it should make it a little harder for them to get kills as well. Longer, more challenging dogfights sounds good to me. However balancing that out is that Winder said the AI self preservation instinct has been bumped up a little bit to make "fights to the death" less common. Both of these things seem like another step up for realism as far as I can tell.

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4032715 - 11/06/14 07:11 PM Re: WOFF v2.0 Screen Shots ! [Re: Polovski]  
ArisFuser Offline
ArisFuser  Offline

Ain´t it fun? Last week (JUST last week), IL2 BOS subforum in SimHQ showed more than 60 users, meanwhile WOFF got a steady 25-30. You can go check now ;),...or save your time,...WOFF wins 61-17 smile You can´t fool all people all the time.

Last edited by ArisFuser; 11/06/14 07:12 PM.
#4032736 - 11/06/14 07:50 PM Re: WOFF v2.0 Screen Shots ! [Re: ArisFuser]  
dutch Offline
dutch  Offline

EURO-zone
Originally Posted By: ArisFuser
Ain´t it fun? Last week (JUST last week), IL2 BOS subforum in SimHQ showed more than 60 users, meanwhile WOFF got a steady 25-30. You can go check now ;),...or save your time,...WOFF wins 61-17 smile You can´t fool all people all the time.

On the official Bos forum it is 193 btw.
While this is the official WoFF forum, think you can better compare to the official Rof forum were postings are rather low [can not find the visitors] and the Ilya Muromets forum that seems to be reduced to zero activities. I hope for Jason the Steam Rof forum is more crowded.

btw, I'm impressed by all the screens here published.

Last edited by dutch; 11/06/14 07:58 PM.
#4032751 - 11/06/14 08:16 PM Re: WOFF v2.0 Screen Shots ! [Re: ArisFuser]  
OldHat Offline
OldHat  Offline

Originally Posted By: ArisFuser

And I thought I was the only one keeping track of those numbers.... LOL! At one point, I saw WOFF reach 110!

#4032773 - 11/06/14 09:13 PM Re: WOFF v2.0 Screen Shots ! [Re: Polovski]  
gaw1 Offline
gaw1  Offline

Ooooooooooooooooooooo.......

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM