Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#4012664 - 09/21/14 07:02 PM Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. [Re: The Nephilim]  
hannibal Offline
hannibal  Offline

Originally Posted By: The Nephilim
Well I just pulled the trigger on the Buttkicker Simulation, I should get it by mid next week hopefully.. will keep you all posted..

i am content with my buttkicker setup.
unlike simvibe, i dont have to worry about profiles and game compatability
im sure simvibe gives better immersion, but i am not going to spend that kind of money when it is going to work on 2-3 games.

i have a crown xls1500 pushing a buttkicker LFE and a dayton audio SA70 pushing an aura bass shaker.
my coworker was blown away when it came to taking off and landing in the DCS aircraft.

i think u will be a happy camper for the budget and results.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4012665 - 09/21/14 07:07 PM Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. [Re: The Nephilim]  
hannibal Offline
hannibal  Offline

btw, what kind of ampliifer will u use for your buttkicker? i hear the buttkicker amps can be flaky.
but if u go with an amplifier of a different make, make sure u utilize a USB audio interface, which has RCA line level audio outputs... during my research, the PC line out audio levels are less that what would come out of a standard audio system (im yet to confirm with a fluke multimeter)

but in my setup, i have a Behringer UAC202 usb audio interface out to a crossover unit (for low pass) into a radio shack distribution amplifier (reduce signal loss) and out to the two amplifiers..

#4012751 - 09/22/14 12:05 AM Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. [Re: Attackmack]  
The Nephilim Online tunes
S3D GuRu
The Nephilim  Online Tunes
S3D GuRu
Hotshot

3rd Stone from the Sun !!
Originally Posted By: Attackmack
Well I just pulled the trigger on the Buttkicker Simulation, I should get it by mid next week hopefully.. will keep you all posted..

Ive been interested in a buttkicker for a while now.
But whats the difference between the buttkicker Sim and the buttkicker gamer2?

Well the Gamer2 Attaches to your chair pole mount and the Simulation you need to mount it on the chair somewhere and the Simulation has a bigger transducer..

Either is fine I just wanted a bigger Transducer.. I might even get the bigger Amp they offer..

Intel i7 10700K @ 4.8GHZ / ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4AC Motherboard / Asus 1080GTX OC / SoundBlaster Z / Windows 10 64bit / Reverb G2 VR Gear. / Thrustmaster Cougar + MFD's / Buttkicker Simulation / Thrustmaster Cougar
#4013258 - 09/23/14 04:24 AM Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. [Re: The Nephilim]  
HitchHikingFlatlander Offline
HitchHikingFlatlander  Offline

California
The first generation amp was flaky mine burnt out after a couple years. To be fair they were going to replace it but I at the time I had a lot of things going on and let it go. Now I have the second generation BK and the amp is a definite improvement. I also had both transducers from the old/new units so I had one in my pit and the other mounted below my couch. Movies were freaking awesome with it.

Neph if you mount it to an office chair you'll probably want to pick up some foam chunks to stuff in the loose parts because it will rattle. Luckily for me my pit set up is pretty tight so its not a problem. Mounted mine to a pc of threaded pipe attached to a floor flange.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Mueller-Strea...ed+floor+flange

I've got a bad feeling about this.....
#4013369 - 09/23/14 01:45 PM Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. [Re: The Nephilim]  
hannibal Offline
hannibal  Offline

dont forget rubber isolators...

#4013575 - 09/23/14 08:57 PM Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. [Re: hannibal]  
S3D GuRu
S3D GuRu
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: hannibal
dont forget rubber isolators...

for the chair?? I have a cement floor so I don't need them..

EDIT: there has been a slight delay in Production of the Simulation kit.. I just was emailed by Ricotech that the Simulation Buttkicker is on a 4-6week delay before they get any back in stock..

OH well Perhaps I can get the Watercooled system I been eying up last few months while I wait for the Buttkicker..

Last edited by The Nephilim; 09/24/14 01:10 AM.

Intel i7 10700K @ 4.8GHZ / ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4AC Motherboard / Asus 1080GTX OC / SoundBlaster Z / Windows 10 64bit / Reverb G2 VR Gear. / Thrustmaster Cougar + MFD's / Buttkicker Simulation / Thrustmaster Cougar
#4013917 - 09/24/14 05:04 PM Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. [Re: The Nephilim]  
hannibal Offline
hannibal  Offline

ok. np.
i dont know what the requirements of the simulation buttkicker,
but rubber isolators help maximize the performance of transducers by allowing flexibility of the pit to shake..
if not the pit on concrete will cause the buttkicker to 'bottom out'..possiblity damage ur transducer

i suggest u email the buttkicker tech support, send a picture to them, and have them give you a recommedation about your pit.

#4013963 - 09/24/14 06:54 PM Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. [Re: hannibal]  
S3D GuRu
S3D GuRu
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: hannibal
ok. np.
i dont know what the requirements of the simulation buttkicker,
but rubber isolators help maximize the performance of transducers by allowing flexibility of the pit to shake..
if not the pit on concrete will cause the buttkicker to 'bottom out'..possiblity damage ur transducer

i suggest u email the buttkicker tech support, send a picture to them, and have them give you a recommedation about your pit.

Yes I can email support but I have a Office Chair and it would be hard putting rubber isolaters on the wheels.. And If I did manage to do that the cahir would be stationary not sure I like that idea but I will see what Buttkicker has to say..

I do know they want you to isolate the seat or pit in order to maximize performance especially if on a Floor above a basement.. as it would tend to shake the entire floor and expend its energy doing that instead of the seat..

I think it will not bottom out because of that but if it bottomed out you put too many watts into it..

#4013974 - 09/24/14 07:30 PM Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. [Re: The Nephilim]  
S3D GuRu
S3D GuRu
Hotshot

Well I just got off the phone with Buttkicker and I do not need Rubber isolaters.. But after talking with him I am inclined to think what I really want is the Drum Throne version..

#4014151 - 09/25/14 04:52 AM Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. [Re: The Nephilim]  
hannibal Offline
hannibal  Offline

ok. cool. im glad u sought consultation and got an answer that was satisfactory from professionals.

yea, that b-kicker throne would be over kill for an office chair...
but i would do it!!!
my LFE is comparable to the throne, the throne is at 2 ohms, where the LFE is 4 ohms...

#4014417 - 09/25/14 06:46 PM Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. [Re: The Nephilim]  
Attackmack Offline
Attackmack  Offline

Well I just got off the phone with Buttkicker and I do not need Rubber isolaters.. But after talking with him I am inclined to think what I really want is the Drum Throne version..

Thats a good salesman for ya wink

#4014573 - 09/26/14 12:40 AM Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. [Re: Attackmack]  
S3D GuRu
S3D GuRu
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: Attackmack

Thats a good salesman for ya wink

Well he said I only need the Simulation but after looking at the Throne I was like wowed about the amount of Watts of the Amp..

IT seems I may not get the throne that is near 700bucks but get the Simulation with a bigger amp more watts.. the Simulation buttkicker can take 400watts and the Amp with the Simulation is only 90w..

So I may build a kit vs buying the kit.. that way I get the amp I want..

Well I do believe this is what I will get once they are back in Stock:

http://www.ricmotech.com/product_p/bkk-bk-kit-4-nw.htm

Last edited by The Nephilim; 09/26/14 01:44 AM.

#4014594 - 09/26/14 02:54 AM Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. [Re: The Nephilim]  
HitchHikingFlatlander Offline
HitchHikingFlatlander  Offline

California
They do have some nice kits. Once I thought of using my flange mounting method and bolting it to the floor in my room to see if it make the whole room shake, am I crazy? I don't think so....

I've got a bad feeling about this.....
#4014936 - 09/27/14 12:39 AM Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. [Re: The Nephilim]  
S3D GuRu
S3D GuRu
Hotshot

Well if you have the real big Transducers and multiples It would have a tough time shaking the room.. IT is best to used the Buttkicker as advertised..

Crazy maybe but that is ok we are all a little Off wink

#4064258 - 01/15/15 03:01 PM Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. [Re: The Nephilim]  
S3D GuRu
S3D GuRu
Hotshot

Well I went out the other day to Micro center and bought a eVGA 980GTX now I have 1 small problem the cars oil pump I think died and now I need to take the car to the repair shop and the card back to micor center to pay for the job..

I also had a bulb break the other night and am waiting for the new bulb to arrive which was shipped yesterday, I may get it Sat..

I really wanted to put in the new video card and test it out in ESO and DCSW Well will have to wait another month to get it back again.. It will be worth the wait and perhaps by then EDGE will be released..

#4064536 - 01/16/15 05:52 AM Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. [Re: The Nephilim]  
S3D GuRu
S3D GuRu
Hotshot

Well back on track as I put the card in and had some troubles booting the PC but I finally solved the issues and wow the 980 is a monster.. I even like the DSR Feature it really imporves the lower resolution I run a lot...

I wish I would of tried upscaling years ago..

#4077847 - 02/13/15 01:41 AM Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. [Re: The Nephilim]  
S3D GuRu
S3D GuRu
Hotshot

Well things are going good for me so fat this year with one little setback.. nThusim which is the Softweare I use to warp my games to the Curved screen has some issues now with DX9 titles and warping..

This is since I put in the new 980GTX And newer drivers.. I had bug report to nThusim and hopefully they can get this figured out soon.. I have a few DX 9 Titles I still play and 2 of them are my Flight sims DCSW and F4 BMS..

I just use single screen for those currently the only game I have that works is ESO as it is a DX11 Ttile weird DX9 used to be their goto games for nThusim to work..

Well I had bought a HOTAS Cougar with the NXT mod and I also ordered the Buttkicker Simulation which should be here by Sat.. I will hook it up and I need some hardware like bolts but need to wait to see what size I will need to get.

I am thinking they are 1/4" and the length needs to be determined.. I will hopefully get it early and need to goto the local hardware store to get the bolts.. I may need a new drill bit too.. I hate drilling through steel with a dull bit..

Well I also amd going to redo the FSSB Mod in my 2nd HOTAS and that will be for F4 BMS and the other stick I will use for my other sims..

I do fly the KA50 so a Regular functioning stick is required and this uber mod is pretty cool so far.. I have some backup springs but will see IF I can find some more elsewhere..

I am hoping the Buttkicker Simulator works well.. I did have a Butkicker Gamer and sold it wish I never did that.. but I did like it before so this should be a treat again..

Just need to get some time to solder the FSSB Sensor I got in the mail today and hook that all up.. I just need to find my Double sided tape and 4 Pennies..

#4079202 - 02/16/15 01:40 AM Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. [Re: The Nephilim]  
S3D GuRu
S3D GuRu
Hotshot

Well I am just going to buy the FSSB mod from Realsimulators expensive yes but I already spent more trying to get the cheapo FSSB Mod to work.. Hopefully the FSSB Mod is a good quality..

I also hooked up my Buttkicker Simulation.. I may need to screw it directly to the wood of the seat bottom.. I get some vibration but not as much as the gamer I used to have or around the same but a bit less I think because of the Mod I did to my chair with 1/4" Steel plates..

I think If I screw it to the wooden part with LAG screws I wil get a bett buttkickin.. Either that or I may order a bigger amp..

Other then that I will need to try and find a sound mod for the F16 and BMS.. I tried it but it seems to lack bottom end of which I had noticed before and metioned it but it gets me nowhere.. hopefully I can find an engine sound replacement..

I think I have one from an old friend from years ago I will go and look and see If I still got it..

Well countdown begins for the NEW FSSB Mod I am looking forward to that..

#4079305 - 02/16/15 08:41 AM Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. [Re: The Nephilim]  
S3D GuRu
S3D GuRu
Hotshot

Well I found a Sound mod by my old buddy Hammer.. I installed and ran it tonight in Multiplayer. I will need to look closer at what files were added to the sounds files..

I just installed the original uber mod that I got with my stick so I was just curious to how it worked . I almost like it better then the uber nxt but both are really nice mods..

I am debating on what to do with it..as Once I get the FSSB Mod from RealSimulator I will not need it and I have the original gimbals that I took out to install the original uber mod..

Man I have a very nice setup now with the Uber nxt mod with my Buttkicker.. I just need to give nThusim a boost to get the 4.0 released with hopefully the fix for Dx9 titles and warping working..

Weird as DX9 used to be the mainstay of what did work with nThusim.. Sucks NVidia changed something for the worse.. I was even getting really bad artifacting in the TGP tonight with the newer drivers.. Man it was worse then before..

#4090347 - 03/10/15 08:37 PM Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. [Re: The Nephilim]  
S3D GuRu
S3D GuRu
Hotshot

Well moving Forward I bought a Bosch Laser Level and Configured my screen to perfection.. I can not believe how bad the alignment was.. I am going to have to move the Projectors up a bit as now the lower right is in shade for somereason..

I am a firm believer in being as close to perfection as I can get and this Auto Leveler has done a really good job.. I was thinking of doing this for sometime I am glad I went ahead and bought the Laser level..

The good thing is it has a insert to be able to attatch to my Mike stand so I have a solid base and the auto level feature makes it a perfectly straight line..

I can not wait until I try a flight sim now with the new correction..

here is the model I bought:

http://www.boschtools.com/Products/Tools/Pages/BoschProductDetail.aspx?pid=GLL 2

Last edited by The Nephilim; 03/10/15 08:38 PM.

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.