Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4013398 - 09/23/14 02:55 PM Looking for Beery's R&R file for B-17 II  
Jer Stryker Offline
Jer Stryker  Offline

Indianapolis, Indiana
Hi All,

Like many, I greatly anticipated B-17 The Mighty 8th. So much so that I even imported the UK version so as not to have to wait a few extra weeks for the US version. Alas when the game came out it had all the problems, plus my PC was not up to the task, and the game went on the shelf. In the 13 years since I've been working on my career (I'm an airline pilot now, so it's working out), got married and have 3 kids, and of course I've been enjoying other games/sims in the mean time, but B-17 has always been nagging at me as the one game I looked forward to so much but never played.

Well, now I've finally decided to give it a go and I may be just a couple years too late, as most of the community sites no longer exist (I have found the Mediafire site and the resurrected Doc's help links). Anyway, I'd like to do a simple, fun bomber commander tour, and from what I've read (and what I've played so far) it looks like Beery's R&R file may be just the thing to give me the experience I am looking for.

Unfortunately I can't seem to find it. It's not on any of the current B-17 sites that I've found. Beery's site is no more (and the Internet Archive does not contain the file either), and I've been unable to find current contact info for him as well.

Does anyone happen to still have his R&R file (I believe version 5 is the most "recent" one)? If not, any solid leads as to where I might find it?

Thanks.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4013534 - 09/23/14 07:11 PM Re: Looking for Beery's R&R file for B-17 II [Re: Jer Stryker]  
Johan217 Offline
Johan217  Offline

Gent, Belgium
I never throw anything away smile
Here's a link to version 5
http://users.telenet.be/johan_eaf274/downloads/beeryrr5.zip

With all that talk about B17II I might reinstall it myself. Plenty of good memories. Nothing like putting your virtual life in the hands of an AI pilot winkngrin

Undercarriage lever a bit sticky was it, Sir?
#4013646 - 09/24/14 12:00 AM Re: Looking for Beery's R&R file for B-17 II [Re: Jer Stryker]  
Jer Stryker Offline
Jer Stryker  Offline

Indianapolis, Indiana
I never throw anything away either. I have the Adlib patch for F-19 Stealth Fighter here somewhere, heh.

Thanks so much! And yeah, so far the AI pilot has killed me every mission I've tried. I can't pack anything bigger than a gamepad on a trip so I'm thinking this is one sim I might actually be able to play on the road.

Now if I could just unassign the throttles from the trigger axis I'd be all set. I've tried everything and I'm pretty sure it's just something I'm going to have to live with.

Thanks again!

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.