Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#4011732 - 09/19/14 08:27 AM What is IL2 BoS like?  
MadTommy Offline
MadTommy  Offline

Hi all,

I've been away from my flight sims for some time. I own CloD (TF mod patched) & all DCS modules (WWII planes, for this discussion) and had Rise of Flight from release day. (+others)

I'd love to hear how BoS compares to CloD & DCS and how similar or not it is to Rise of Flight. The pros & cons of it etc. How it stakes up in regards to gameplay, flight, physics & environmental modelling etc etc. How fun is it?

Just opinions would be great. In the past I've heard such a mixed bag of reports I'm really clueless as to what 'kind' on sim BoS is developing into. (and frankly I stopped believing in taking developers or official community fans feedback, so am hoping SimHQ can give an honest appraisal.)
Is it like a newer CloD where you pretty much just jump in and fly or is it more like DCS where it takes several hours simply learning to taxi & take-off! It is about mastering how to simply fly or is it about learning how to achieve kills in MP? (both have their merits - no judgement here)

What is the AI like, is it fun playing with and against the AI, or is it pretty #%&*$# like most AI in sims?

Is there a decent mission editor?

What is the map like?.. If i'm honest one reason early on I wasn't interested in BoS was the fact that it was on a snow white winter map, sounds amazingly dull to fly on, but that might be incorrect.

Thanks for any insight, and please don't use this thread as an excuse to beat-up on each other. We all have our favourite sims, well that is not true for me, I like different sims with different levels of complexity depending on my mood, but you know what i mean.

Cheers.

#4011742 - 09/19/14 09:25 AM Re: What is IL2 BoS like? [Re: MadTommy]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
Happy Birthday komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Hi there,
I hope I can speak with an unbiased mind, as just recently I jumped on the BoS boat!

And boy, I couldn't be happier... But let's not skip any base.

Like you, I have the same line of simulators on my Hard Disks.
I'd like to think we both loved all of them (specially the CLoD with TF patches, that thing is a wonder).

I have a top-of-the-line PC and a full complement of peripherals and whatnot (home cockpit, Track IR, Rudders, etc. etc.)- I'm not bragging, it's for context. wink You'll see...

Context:

I've been Flying RoF for the longest time, after dying after the beauty screenshots on this very forums.
The very same thing happened with CLoD.
The very same thing happened with BoS.

DCS I was already in from the release of the first A10C Beta.

Thanks to my new machine I can play all of this full-graphics, full realism, full immersion on.

Eveything for me is really, really enjoyable, and being of modest to medium skill in Aircraft Warfare I must say I enjoy some more than others. DCS mop the floor with my soul, Rise of Flight fight an even battle, I pretty much own Cliffs of Dover.

Stalngrad Begins:
Battle of Stalingrad is a pretty much different beast.
For starter is still deep in development (It's claimed to be 70% completed- but much of the content is missing, more on this later), with still adjustments and trim on Flight and Damage modeling.

As of now, there isn't much to do- but BOY it's a good little amount.

An eye for ad eye:
Graphically speaking it's breathtaking. More than that, stunning. It's probably the best looking thing around- maybe until DCS 2.0 with EDGE is released, probably!
Give a look at any screenshot took at high altitude, sunset with a broken layer of clouds. It's enough to make a grown man cry of joy.
Seriously. AND- it's pretty much in line with RoF. If that flies smooth, BoS is probably even better. And it loads like a thunderbolt- I do not have an SSD mind you.

Reflections, refractions, shadows, tracks in the snow, sun glare on snow, the BEST Lens Flare I've ever seen (and I HATE it usually!), so many little details that you'll keep discovering new ones time after time... There's no end to the eye candy. biggrin

Simulation with an Heart
This is a fairly interesting point.

Take this- last night I was doing a guts squeezing sequence of touch and go with the P 51 in DCS. In good weather. No wind. Daylight I was sweating. It was demanding and required constant care.

After I shut that down I fired up BoS and I was happily doing the same with some crosswind in a 109. On a frozen river. Multiple times. While chatting on Team Speak. IT. WAS. FUN! (same would probably go for RoF).

You see, maybe (and just maybe) some modeling has still to take place -just recently they fixed the fact you could fly waay too smoothly without a wing. But so far to fly with BoS is rewarding, FUN, with a greater sense of speed an exhilaratingly adrenaline pumping. Ah, trees are collidable here wink ANd that's VERY good.
THe feeling of a belly landing in a snowy field after your engine was smoked is incomparable so far. It really gives you the feeling of puting down several tons of smooth metal on a snow covered field specially thanks to...

Sound of Silence
Sound effects... apparently you love them or hate them. I fall easily in the first category.
I play only with headphones (small kids and their sleep time- you know...) and good ones too (albeit I paid them less than a 20€).
Words fail me, in helping describing the feeling. Impressively done and no doubt a notch or two above RoF ones.
Engines have a very VERY definite personality and an easily discernible mechanical whine. (Get to hear a 109 on-coming! WHOA!)
Guns chatter, Cannons booming, flak bursting, pieces of metal ricocheting around... A joy.

Only the damaged noise of the Merlin Engine of CLoD sounds better- here, yet, the damaged engine, to me, doesn't sound just as suffering.
Usually I notice my engine is gone only after I perceive the smoky trail with the corner of my eye. Why?

The Need for Skill
Definitely that's due to my greenness. I'm still working out Engines RPM per phase and operational limits.
I just play full realism for fun- Yep I find it fun! biggrin But still this sim is really easy to get in.
PROVIDED that you spend quite some time setting all the axis and buttons to your liking.
Understandably the standard layout of keyboard and HOTAS somehow works for someone and not so much for others. I rather spend an Hour (yep- DCS I'm looking at you) setting everything right before fl- Ah, who am I kidding. I'd LOVE to have that coherency- but generall speaking I just jump in- see what works straight away and crash horribly. And with each subsequent restart I trim down one or two controls and re-crash.

biggrin Gh! I love that. Plus, hey, I'm testing Special FX! (Which reminds me- flames and smoke are outstanding, even though the smoke of a crashed plane lasts nearly a second before vanishing, sad to say the least.)

It's something you'll find out by yourself. But menues are just like RoF, even if with a different colour and more... responding. Somehow for me this game's menues are much faster to get my inputs and saving them.

Anyway, maybe not as realistic as DCS, but BOY! you can have much more fun here. If nothing else restarting after you crashed (or landed if you will) take a second, instead of the several minutes of DCS,
So, summing up- Immediate, fun, realistic enough, and easy to set/fit/adjust.

AI, is a pleasure. I'm having fun. If you're a real Online Ace, probably it's a bit too easy- but for me getting on a 109 and shooting down Lagg3 at 5000mt it's a HOOT! I never managed something that good in other sims. smile
Makes you feel good. I didn't perceive canned maneuvers as the dive-to-deck of early RoF. Solid performances here.

Mission editor SO FAR is exactly the same as in RoF Quick missions- several spots across different maps where to pick a fight with one (or more) waves of single fighters, formation vs formation, or just your plane vs ground target- And as my good friend Tempusmurphy put it, a Stuka with 37mm underwing gondolas plinking at tanks and trains is something you HAVE to try.

Map, map, map, everywhere just snow
I was a bit dissing here too. How much fun can it be to fly over white?
And instead I was sorely mistaken, PROVIDED that you take the time to climb to altitude- let's put that at 2000/3000mt .

Then and there you know this game rocks.
You can cast a glance and know where you are, combining that with a map available in cockpit.
But here I KNOW I am biased. Being a former Mortar team leader, I just have maps in my bloodstream.
I like them, I can read them, and orienting is sort of a hobby. One of the reasons that brought me in RoF too. VFR is simply gorgeous.

It's really a work of love, this landscape. But you have to SEE it, not just merely look out.
See what's out there. And you'll be impressed. 7

Now, yeah- ok, buildings devastated by weeks of fighting in Stalingrad are as simple as square boxes with alpha channels to simulate windows and holes. So. What.

You know, one of the canned missions that come with the game (3 pieces of art- if you ask me, nice briefing and credible setting) puts you in a sturdy but cumbersome Il2 on an airfield strike mission. Well, flying back home, with a wounded bird, followed by the only surviving wingman, tailing two angry enemy fighters closing on you, at all the speed your engine can muster low above the mentioned CardboardGrad- Well, trust me those building were of any concern, if not for the collision on them.

I had enough to mind at! biggrin Plus adrenaline and fun.
But that's just me- I guess I COULD have paused and killed the suspension of disbelief by tsk-ing at those unattractive buildings.
Or- I chose to have fun. smile

In the end

I loved it in screenshot, I love it now that I have it, I will love it for a long time.
And I'm going to smile the whole time I think back at it. It's an experience.

But the final score can only be yours. I can only shows where the game begins.

TL;DR:
Get in it now. smile

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#4011743 - 09/19/14 09:25 AM Re: What is IL2 BoS like? [Re: MadTommy]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Holy smoke I wrote a lot. jawdrop

Sorry. oops

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#4011815 - 09/19/14 03:15 PM Re: What is IL2 BoS like? [Re: MadTommy]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
That's a rather shorthand way of putting it, but you boiled it down to the bare essentials I guess.

smile

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4011816 - 09/19/14 03:17 PM Re: What is IL2 BoS like? [Re: MadTommy]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

I know. I simply can't seem to be able to write anything these days.

(and re-reading I really can't spell though, Sorry frown )

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
#4011817 - 09/19/14 03:18 PM Re: What is IL2 BoS like? [Re: MadTommy]  
paf_eaf310 Offline
paf_eaf310  Offline

biggrin

#4011895 - 09/19/14 05:49 PM Re: What is IL2 BoS like? [Re: MadTommy]  
Rush Offline
Rush  Offline

A Brit in Holland.NL
Nice write up...

Im on the fence here and Im wondering if it flies and feels like CLoD with TF patches update?

Cheers.

#4011952 - 09/19/14 07:55 PM Re: What is IL2 BoS like? [Re: Rush]  
lokitexas Offline
lokitexas  Offline

San Antonio, TX.
Originally Posted By: Rush
Nice write up...

Im on the fence here and Im wondering if it flies and feels like CLoD with TF patches update?

Cheers.

Its ok not great at this point in time.

Sound is way below CLoD.
Looks is way below CLoD, especially cockpits where you will spend most of your time.
FM is way below CLoD until they fix gun firing delay, and off negative G bugs, then it might be on par.
Content is way below CLoD, but thats just due to it not being done.

So it does not feel, sound, fly, or look like CLoD.

It is not horrible, but it seems lacking in comparison. Also, it is not fair to compare before release, but at the state it is in now, unless you like MP dogfights, or quick mission's with 16 planes, you might want to wait.

2 thing that bother me is the SP campaign preview shows XP points. Why is XP points for missions in a WWII sim game? This is not War Thunder, right? The other is the fact the official forum is HIGHLY censored. Anyone talking about an issue with the game is deleted in if it shows the games flaws. Makes it look rosey and like everyone loves it. Its a very false sense of the game.

Dont get me wrong, I want BoS to rise to the top, but lots of little things are making me cautious. I already spent the cash, but feel CLoD with TF is still miles ahead.

#4011956 - 09/19/14 08:00 PM Re: What is IL2 BoS like? [Re: MadTommy]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

I can see how opinion can vary...but I own Clod and BoS and I find BoS quite better under every aspect.

But good to know that there are different tastes...

Peace. smile

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
#4011966 - 09/19/14 08:30 PM Re: What is IL2 BoS like? [Re: lokitexas]  
Hooves Offline
Hooves  Offline

Originally Posted By: lokitexas
Nice write up...

Cheers.

Sound is way below CLoD.
Looks is way below CLoD, especially cockpits where you will spend most of your time.
FM is way below CLoD until they fix gun firing delay, and off negative G bugs, then it might be on par.

It is not horrible, but it seems lacking in comparison. Also, it is not fair to compare before release, but at the state it is in now, unless you like MP dogfights, or quick mission's with 16 planes, you might want to wait.

2 thing that bother me is the SP campaign preview shows XP points. Why is XP points for missions in a WWII sim game? This is not War Thunder, right? The other is the fact the official forum is HIGHLY censored. Anyone talking about an issue with the game is deleted in if it shows the games flaws. Makes it look rosey and like everyone loves it. Its a very false sense of the game.

Dont get me wrong, I want BoS to rise to the top, but lots of little things are making me cautious. I already spent the cash, but feel CLoD with TF is still miles ahead.

Sorry but I have to contest some of these points. Visually it is on par. Being as Visuals are Subjective. I can say the same for sound.
So ill leave those alone.

But Content Lacking in comparison?

BoS has 10 flyable Aircraft.
Doesnt cliffs have 11 Flayables
One of which is a Biplane the other being a modern aerobatic plane?

So to say its way behind is a bit of a stretch.

#4011969 - 09/19/14 08:38 PM Re: What is IL2 BoS like? [Re: Hooves]  
lokitexas Offline
lokitexas  Offline

San Antonio, TX.
Originally Posted By: Hooves
Nice write up...

Cheers.

Sound is way below CLoD.

Sorry but I have to contest some of these points. Visually it is on par. Being as Visuals are Subjective. I can say the same for sound.

CONTENT does not mean just planes. And BoS has 8 planes, or you can get 2 more for $40 to make it 10.

Beyond the quick mission builder one SP mission and MP dogfights, there is nothing else right now. Its not a stretch at all.

CLoD with TF campaign, some well made player campaigns, quick missions, single missions, full mission builder is leaps ahead at this current time. When the FMB and career comes for BoS, we shall see.

And like I said, with the campaign in BoS being about XP points, and scores for landing etc, it is looking more War Thunder than IL2, imo.

As much as folks like BoS, can you honestly, with a strait face, tell me you like the cockpits in BoS better than CLoD? I know even the most die hard 777 fans that can admit the cockpits are not up to par.

#4011990 - 09/19/14 09:29 PM Re: What is IL2 BoS like? [Re: MadTommy]  
paf_eaf310 Offline
paf_eaf310  Offline

CLoD definately have the higher quality pits (just compare number of textures & sizes)and I love them. But for me BOS is more homogenous, everything is more fitting in the overall appearance.
But in the end its a matter of taste wink

Last edited by paf_eaf310; 09/19/14 09:30 PM.
#4012036 - 09/19/14 11:35 PM Re: What is IL2 BoS like? [Re: lokitexas]  
Hooves Offline
Hooves  Offline

Nice write up...

Cheers.

Sound is way below CLoD.

CONTENT does not mean just planes. And BoS has 8 planes, or you can get 2 more for $40 to make it 10.

Beyond the quick mission builder one SP mission and MP dogfights, there is nothing else right now. Its not a stretch at all.

CLoD with TF campaign, some well made player campaigns, quick missions, single missions, full mission builder is leaps ahead at this current time. When the FMB and career comes for BoS, we shall see.

And like I said, with the campaign in BoS being about XP points, and scores for landing etc, it is looking more War Thunder than IL2, imo.

As much as folks like BoS, can you honestly, with a strait face, tell me you like the cockpits in BoS better than CLoD? I know even the most die hard 777 fans that can admit the cockpits are not up to par.

Sorry Loki, once again you are wrong.
The Current MP missions in BoS feature not just dogfights, Resupply missions, capture-able bases and logistics support are already in play and working well. Everything we have been doing in the BoS Editor has not only been learned in the last 2 weeks. But is on par and in some cases MUCH better than what I was able to do in the CoD editor.

As far as the cockpits go, I can tell you with a straight face, that I like neither of them more than the other. That is to say they both look amazing to me. Both games have positives and negatives. I enjoy both titles currently. Im excited that Clod has a team effectively carrying on support and doing a fine job of it, and I'm also excited that BoS is as good at it is at 75% and its the first time out of the gate.

What many people LOVE to overlook is the path that the 1CGS team took to get where they are today. Forgoing some options, to reach a release goal that isn't.....COUGH 7 years COUGH... As the title progresses they plan to add official coop campaigns and other theaters all based on how this title does at the Box Office as it were.

And I hate to break this to you. As far as their current campaign goes. WE (hard core sim enthusiasts) are NOT the primary target. Why? Because we are a VERY small community. They're move to target a crowd who wants more from WT than Gaijin offers is much more business savvy than creating the ULTIMATE UBER FLIGHT SIM EVAR!! Because like its cousin Clod, it would fall a day late and dollar short in the making money department, if they were to limit the target audience.

I digress, I'm sure you have read these statements from countless others, but still ignored them all as I can see where your allegiances reside. And that's fine, to each his own. I like to Embrace ALL flight sims. In fact I'm going to stop Typing this so I can dawn my Oculus Rift and play me some MIG21 FISHBED!!!!

Last edited by Hooves; 09/19/14 11:47 PM.
#4012060 - 09/20/14 12:44 AM Re: What is IL2 BoS like? [Re: Hooves]  
lokitexas Offline
lokitexas  Offline

San Antonio, TX.
Nice write up...

Cheers.

Sound is way below CLoD.

Sorry Loki, once again you are wrong.
The Current MP missions in BoS feature not just dogfights, Resupply missions, capture-able bases and logistics support are already in play and working well. Everything we have been doing in the BoS Editor has not only been learned in the last 2 weeks. But is on par and in some cases MUCH better than what I was able to do in the CoD editor.

As far as the cockpits go, I can tell you with a straight face, that I like neither of them more than the other. That is to say they both look amazing to me. Both games have positives and negatives. I enjoy both titles currently. Im excited that Clod has a team effectively carrying on support and doing a fine job of it, and I'm also excited that BoS is as good at it is at 75% and its the first time out of the gate.

What many people LOVE to overlook is the path that the 1CGS team took to get where they are today. Forgoing some options, to reach a release goal that isn't.....COUGH 7 years COUGH... As the title progresses they plan to add official coop campaigns and other theaters all based on how this title does at the Box Office as it were.

And I hate to break this to you. As far as their current campaign goes. WE (hard core sim enthusiasts) are NOT the primary target. Why? Because we are a VERY small community. They're move to target a crowd who wants more from WT than Gaijin offers is much more business savvy than creating the ULTIMATE UBER FLIGHT SIM EVAR!! Because like its cousin Clod, it would fall a day late and dollar short in the making money department, if they were to limit the target audience.

I digress, I'm sure you have read these statements from countless others, but still ignored them all as I can see where your allegiances reside. And that's fine, to each his own. I like to Embrace ALL flight sims. In fact I'm going to stop Typing this so I can dawn my Oculus Rift and play me some MIG21 FISHBED!!!!

My allegiances are with a good flight sim....regardless of the name on the box. Just so happens for WWII action I put Il2 1946 and CLoD ahead of BoS...for now.

But I do agree BoS is definitely marketed towards the War Thunder crowd more than ever. I don't dispute that at all.

Enjoy MG21, I might grab that this weekend. At least DCS still markets to the small niche of simmers.

#4012067 - 09/20/14 01:05 AM Re: What is IL2 BoS like? [Re: MadTommy]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
CloD was so successful that the team crashed and burned, Ubi dumped it, and 1C went to 777.

So whatever your opinion of how CloD did things (and oddly no one says the stock CloD is good, it seems people always tack "mods" on there, which means adding another year plus of development after the final patch), the truth is the business model failed. Too much was spent for too little return. So forget seeing anything like that anytime soon, because it's akin to asking Ford to bring back the Edsel or NASA to bring back the space shuttle.

This is an attempt to make another successful commercial WWII sim. If you're going to bash it for not being 100% of what you want, because 80% isn't good enough, well too bad for you.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4012071 - 09/20/14 01:15 AM Re: What is IL2 BoS like? [Re: Jedi Master]  
lokitexas Offline
lokitexas  Offline

San Antonio, TX.
Originally Posted By: Jedi Master
CloD was so successful that the team crashed and burned, Ubi dumped it, and 1C went to 777.

So whatever your opinion of how CloD did things (and oddly no one says the stock CloD is good, it seems people always tack "mods" on there, which means adding another year plus of development after the final patch), the truth is the business model failed. Too much was spent for too little return. So forget seeing anything like that anytime soon, because it's akin to asking Ford to bring back the Edsel or NASA to bring back the space shuttle.

This is an attempt to make another successful commercial WWII sim. If you're going to bash it for not being 100% of what you want, because 80% isn't good enough, well too bad for you.

The Jedi Master

Nope Ubi and 1C screwed the pooch on CLoD. Yup. I was very vocal about it as well.

Now that TF stepped in and made is playable and improved, its very nice. And I have already acknowledged the fact 777 is not catering to simmers as much as grabbing the WT crowd out of need to make revenue.

Now if you and Hooves could step back and stop getting so defensive over your precious 777 crew, you might realize I am giving them a fair shot and if you read my comments you will see I AM waiting for the final version to compare. But the final version is not here, so I am looking at what is in front of me.

Just because I am not a fanatic and suck up everything they throw out, does not mean I dont like it. I bought it didnt I?

#4012085 - 09/20/14 02:10 AM Re: What is IL2 BoS like? [Re: lokitexas]  
TheBlackPenguin Offline
TheBlackPenguin  Offline

The Jedi Master

Nope Ubi and 1C screwed the pooch on CLoD. Yup. I was very vocal about it as well.

Now that TF stepped in and made is playable and improved, its very nice. And I have already acknowledged the fact 777 is not catering to simmers as much as grabbing the WT crowd out of need to make revenue.

Now if you and Hooves could step back and stop getting so defensive over your precious 777 crew, you might realize I am giving them a fair shot and if you read my comments you will see I AM waiting for the final version to compare. But the final version is not here, so I am looking at what is in front of me.

Just because I am not a fanatic and suck up everything they throw out, does not mean I dont like it. I bought it didnt I?

Just set your expectations to what the developer has said they're going to be doing, why they're doing it and go from there. Most disappointments occur because people fail at reading and then let their imagination get the better of them, so they set an expectation to what they want or imagine and not to what the developers have been saying.

#4012099 - 09/20/14 03:18 AM Re: What is IL2 BoS like? [Re: TheBlackPenguin]  
lokitexas Offline
lokitexas  Offline

San Antonio, TX.
Originally Posted By: TheBlackPenguin

The Jedi Master

Just set your expectations to what the developer has said they're going to be doing, why they're doing it and go from there. Most disappointments occur because people fail at reading and then let their imagination get the better of them, so they set an expectation to what they want or imagine and not to what the developers have been saying.
[u][/u]

So when the Devs said they are going to focus on Single Player mostly in BoS, and it wont be like career in RoF (which was hollow, and slim), what else would one expect?

Surely not a pieced together quick mission builder "campaign" with chapter unlocks, paint job unlocks, weapon unlocks, XP points, no realistic squadrons, and static goals (I.E. intercept missions requires 2 air kills) to progress.

Sorry, but no matter how you spin it, this is War Thunder with CEM.

That bad part about it is they wont attract the base players of WT, and now they seem to push away more sim-minded folks now. Who is their target?

It might evolve, but I can tell you now, with this initial offering, they might not get the launch goals to continue.

#4012112 - 09/20/14 04:07 AM Re: What is IL2 BoS like? [Re: lokitexas]  
LukeFF Offline
Veteran
LukeFF  Offline
Veteran

Redlands, California
The other is the fact the official forum is HIGHLY censored. Anyone talking about an issue with the game is deleted in if it shows the games flaws. Makes it look rosey and like everyone loves it. Its a very false sense of the game.

Utter nonsense, and you know it.

#4012125 - 09/20/14 05:29 AM Re: What is IL2 BoS like? [Re: LukeFF]  
lokitexas Offline
lokitexas  Offline

San Antonio, TX.
Originally Posted By: LukeFF
The other is the fact the official forum is HIGHLY censored. Anyone talking about an issue with the game is deleted in if it shows the games flaws. Makes it look rosey and like everyone loves it. Its a very false sense of the game.

Utter nonsense, and you know it.

Coming from a moderator on those boards....

Sure thing, slick.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  CyBerkut, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.