Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4011709 - 09/19/14 05:51 AM Skyrim:- A little help please (Speed glitch bug)  
Harry-the-Ruskie Offline
Hotshot
Harry-the-Ruskie  Offline
Hotshot

Malaysia
I'm enjoying this very much so I hardly play anything else atm.

Unfortunately I got the speed glitch bug where your character inexplicably run at super speeds.

There's a couple of suggested fixes on the net, including one where you set Skyrim to use just one CPU core. None of them work except for the console command fix 'Player.SetAV SpeedMult xxx'

However, this is only a partial fix for me in that :-

(1) Everytime I reload a savegame (and I do this a lot since it is hard to survive with Skyrim Requiem) you have to reactivate the console command; and

(2) Sometimes after encountering certain hostile NPCs, notably those with frost enchantments, the super speed thing goes completely out of control negating any attempts of a fix short of restarting with an older savegame and losing all progress in between saves.

Given the difficult levelling in Requeim, I have been playing at least 100 hours happily grinding away even if I am only Level 12 but its maddening to think a reversal of all the effort just for some stupid bug that Bethesda don't seem to want to fix.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4011710 - 09/19/14 05:52 AM Re: Skyrim:- A little help please (Speed glitch bug) [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
Snap Offline
Veteran
Snap  Offline
Veteran

You should play other games, like 7 Days To Die and Left For Dead 2.

#4011712 - 09/19/14 06:00 AM Re: Skyrim:- A little help please (Speed glitch bug) [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
Harry-the-Ruskie Offline
Hotshot
Hotshot

Malaysia
I bought L4D2 to join up with you guys and after several sessions and *poof* everybody dissapeared, went off and do their own thing.

#4011717 - 09/19/14 06:42 AM Re: Skyrim:- A little help please (Speed glitch bug) [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
Snap Offline
Veteran
Snap  Offline
Veteran

You merely need to say the word and we will appear.

#4011871 - 09/19/14 05:01 PM Re: Skyrim:- A little help please (Speed glitch bug) [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Not familiar with that bug, but doing a search it does seem fairly common. All the answers I saw seem to be what you've already discovered. What command are you using?

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4012250 - 09/20/14 05:33 PM Re: Skyrim:- A little help please (Speed glitch bug) [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
Harry-the-Ruskie Offline
Hotshot
Hotshot

Malaysia
This game is just trying screw me.

Now I got a Stamina drain debuff that lasts 24 hours in the active effects page everytime I use a weapon.

After countless hours reading and re-reading a whole ton of literature, learning how to install Skyrim mods, getting to grips with Mod Manager, downloading all the mods, analyzing them and tweaking the Skyrim experience. 150+ hours into the game grinding away building my character and *bang!* it kicks me in the nuts with gamestoppers.

F**king Bethesda and a pox on their flaccid a$$es for wasting my time.

A bit burned right now with all this. Going to step away from gaming for a bit and get back to being outdoorsy again with all that stuff I have done before this and should be doing more than spending my time in front of the pc.

Been nice knowing ya'll. See you sometime next year....maybe.

#4012252 - 09/20/14 05:37 PM Re: Skyrim:- A little help please (Speed glitch bug) [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Did you use LOOT mod sorter? Maybe there's a conflict. That one does a far better job of it. Nexus used to screw it up if mods were installed in the wrong order. I'd have to sort with LOOT and then mark the load file read only.
Eventually I restarted a new game, loaded them in proper order to begin with and no issues after that.

Could you try uninstalling that Requiem mod and reinstall it?

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4012274 - 09/20/14 07:01 PM Re: Skyrim:- A little help please (Speed glitch bug) [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
Harry-the-Ruskie Offline
Hotshot
Hotshot

Malaysia
Not even going to do that.

I'm done with gaming for this year at least and probably with Skyrim for good.

There's a bunch of outdoor projects that I have been meaning to get going and those that I have currently got going which should take priority now over any PC....and that includes some serious bicycling time and archery.

See you guys sometime and take care.

#4012364 - 09/20/14 11:26 PM Re: Skyrim:- A little help please (Speed glitch bug) [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
letterboy1 Offline
(Heterosexual)Tchaikovsky Ballet Fan
letterboy1  Offline
(Heterosexual)Tchaikovsky Ballet Fan
Lifer

Columbus, GA USA
Much luck and love to the cycling and archery, Harry! I like PC gaming, but I can't argue against the benefits of those outdoor activities! I myself just purchased a decent bicycle and appreciate how awesome cycling can be (even though my laziness gets in the way). Anyways, go with your instincts! smile

The issue is not p*ssy. The issue is monkey.
#4012579 - 09/21/14 03:17 PM Re: Skyrim:- A little help please (Speed glitch bug) [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
Peally Offline
Hotshot
Peally  Offline
Hotshot

Wisconsin, USA
Some of you massively need chill pills.

Scully: Victim died of multiple stab wounds.
Mulder: *throws her a file* Ever heard of the knife alien?
#4012596 - 09/21/14 04:21 PM Re: Skyrim:- A little help please (Speed glitch bug) [Re: letterboy1]  
Harry-the-Ruskie Offline
Hotshot
Hotshot

Malaysia
Originally Posted By: letterboy1
Much luck and love to the cycling and archery, Harry! I like PC gaming, but I can't argue against the benefits of those outdoor activities! I myself just purchased a decent bicycle and appreciate how awesome cycling can be (even though my laziness gets in the way). Anyways, go with your instincts! smile

It is a great sport isn't it ? Best cardio I get without busting up the knees (provided you set up the saddle properly for your ride height). I used to be puzzled why people will spend more coin on a better bike when I thought 'any' half-decent bike will do. Now I know. The funny thing is after awhile when you actually see the returns and benefits, you start buying into the idea of having to have the proper toys (or at least the minimum) to get the most out of every session. I finally got that heart rate monitor and bicycling computer. I can work out some stuff like the cadence without it but just having it makes everything much easier. Surprisingly, sometimes when I thought I wasn't getting up to top end of my target heart rate zone, I'm actually there. I ride everyday except Sundays for at least an hour with at least 30 minutes of timed laps.

#4012913 - 09/22/14 01:17 PM Re: Skyrim:- A little help please (Speed glitch bug) [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
If you play without the mods, you don't get these kinds of headaches.

Just saying.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4012995 - 09/22/14 03:23 PM Re: Skyrim:- A little help please (Speed glitch bug) [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
Harry-the-Ruskie Offline
Hotshot
Hotshot

Malaysia
The vanilla game, in particular the leveling system, is sh!t in that Bethesda chose to dumb and water it down since Oblivion. I modded the hell out of Oblivion as did several of us here at SimHQ.

Somehow Bethesda think it is better than a delevelled system or what came from the older games such as Morrowind.

Part of the fact that modders took all the effort to come up with their so called gameplay enhancement mods is also to address these limitations. You just have look at how well Nexus Mod hub is accepted by the community to see that Skyrim can be so much better than its default. Bethesda of course could not be expected to tweak the game indefinitely. But the game really plays so much more better with stuff like Frostfall, Hunterborn thrown in. The combat is also a lot more involved under Requiem.

Still, I'm surprised if the majority simply play vanilla with no mods. Maybe if you are first timer to the ES series but for others we like to shoot for something better. And why not ?

Just saying.

Anyway, this thread is done.

#4013047 - 09/22/14 05:54 PM Re: Skyrim:- A little help please (Speed glitch bug) [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Well, seeing as mods can't be tested to the same level, especially when using multiple ones together, to the point that they introduce game-breaking bugs, I'd say that's a fine reason NOT to use more than a few minor ones.

If the choice is play unmodded game with few glitches or modded with tons of possibly show-stopper ones, I'll play vanilla.
You choose not to play at all, that's fine.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4013051 - 09/22/14 05:57 PM Re: Skyrim:- A little help please (Speed glitch bug) [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
***nerd rage alert***

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.