Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4011645 - 09/19/14 02:31 AM What's next?  
AngryIrishman Offline
AngryIrishman  Offline

What are the plans for the next development after BOS? I haven't seen anything.

#4011655 - 09/19/14 02:41 AM Re: What's next? [Re: AngryIrishman]  
Sim Offline
Hotshot
Sim  Offline
Hotshot

I think there is a hint of Moscow during summer time frame.

#4011679 - 09/19/14 03:35 AM Re: What's next? [Re: AngryIrishman]  
vocatx Offline
vocatx  Offline

Voca, Texas
There are a couple of long threads at the BoS forum about this. I'm personally hoping for a theater nobody has done in a flight sim that I know of: CBI. The Chinese flew French, British, Italian, Russian, and American aircraft, and maybe some from another country or two. I'd love to do a bombing run in a Martin B-10 or fly CAP in a P-66 or P-43 or a bomber intercept in a CW-21. Battle of the Lowlands 1940 would be good too.

4H_V-man

System Specs:
MSI 870 A-G54
AMD X4 Phenom II @ 3.4 ghz
8 Gb DDR3 1333 RAM
1 Tb Western Digital
250 Gb Western Digital
320 Gb Seagate
Radeon HD 6970 graphics
Thermaltake 650 Modualar power supply
Thermaltake Element V full tower
#4011814 - 09/19/14 03:14 PM Re: What's next? [Re: AngryIrishman]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
CFS4 was supposed to be CBI. Saw a lovely screenshot of a C-47 flying over the hump, was far better than CFS3, I'd say a notch above what Il-2:46 was. sigh

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4011846 - 09/19/14 04:06 PM Re: What's next? [Re: vocatx]  
KrustyvonKlown Offline
KrustyvonKlown  Offline

Massachusetts
Originally Posted By: vocatx
There are a couple of long threads at the BoS forum about this. I'm personally hoping for a theater nobody has done in a flight sim that I know of: CBI. The Chinese flew French, British, Italian, Russian, and American aircraft, and maybe some from another country or two. I'd love to do a bombing run in a Martin B-10 or fly CAP in a P-66 or P-43 or a bomber intercept in a CW-21. Battle of the Lowlands 1940 would be good too.

There is no chance that they'll do any of that any time soon, if ever. They're going with mainstream battles that they know will sell. Even the Med is probably too much of a risk for them right now.

#4011968 - 09/19/14 08:33 PM Re: What's next? [Re: AngryIrishman]  
Hooves Offline
Hooves  Offline

And guys Id hate to break this to you, but the game isnt even released. How are you seriously expecting the announcement of the next theatre?

#4011978 - 09/19/14 08:52 PM Re: What's next? [Re: Hooves]  
knightgames Offline
Hotshot
knightgames  Offline
Hotshot

MA
Originally Posted By: Hooves
And guys Id hate to break this to you, but the game isnt even released. How are you seriously expecting the announcement of the next theatre?

I get the feeling that the official release is going to be anti-climatic. Most of us have been playing BoS for 9 months now, followed the updates and have gotten our "Christmas Toys" over the duration. When the game finally releases there's not going to be much we haven't already seen or played with. Other than the campaign I believe we all have a decent idea of what to expect upon release. There's not going to be too many surprises. There's not going to be a Christmas Morning with all the unopened boxes and gift wrap. Heck, there won't even be a box to open up with digital download. wink

Because of that I think it's natural to wonder what's ahead from the development team. I've seen a lot of snow and hunger for a different desk top to play my game on. I'd like to know what new game pieces await me to buy. just speculation after a lengthy development time.

#4012043 - 09/19/14 11:55 PM Re: What's next? [Re: knightgames]  
Hooves Offline
Hooves  Offline

Originally Posted By: knightgames

There's not going to be a Christmas Morning with all the unopened boxes and gift wrap. Heck, there won't even be a box to open up with digital download. wink

I would never be to sure wink

You are right most have been playing for some time, but that is not who they are basing their future plans off. They have marketing to do and things to make release special. Honestly though, did you SERIOUSLY expect the next theater before this one is out? Step back a sec and just think about that for a minute. Now if they surprise all of us and do that, Ill be tickled pink!! Logic tells me that isnt a possibility. Lets enjoy release and the next few months to get our feet in the snow, and others in the editor. There is still plenty out there to be created and worked on.

One thing that I think even the 1CGS team is under estimating is the enthusiasm and numbers of WWII fans of all interest, and skill levels. It overshadows their previous endeavor, RoF, in a large way. I expect to see many more mods and community inputs than the WWI genre could ever produce.

#4012217 - 09/20/14 03:01 PM Re: What's next? [Re: Hooves]  
knightgames Offline
Hotshot
knightgames  Offline
Hotshot

MA
Originally Posted By: knightgames

There's not going to be a Christmas Morning with all the unopened boxes and gift wrap. Heck, there won't even be a box to open up with digital download. wink

I would never be to sure wink

You are right most have been playing for some time, but that is not who they are basing their future plans off. They have marketing to do and things to make release special. Honestly though, did you SERIOUSLY expect the next theater before this one is out? Step back a sec and just think about that for a minute. Now if they surprise all of us and do that, Ill be tickled pink!! Logic tells me that isnt a possibility. Lets enjoy release and the next few months to get our feet in the snow, and others in the editor. There is still plenty out there to be created and worked on.

One thing that I think even the 1CGS team is under estimating is the enthusiasm and numbers of WWII fans of all interest, and skill levels. It overshadows their previous endeavor, RoF, in a large way. I expect to see many more mods and community inputs than the WWI genre could ever produce.

Oh, I understand what you're saying Hooves and I agree with the logic. We're already in the boat. 777 still needs to cast it's net for the larger harvest of customers. We're small in number compared to the numbers they need to be successful.

With a few exceptions I think 777 has succeeded in putting out a fun and somewhat detailed flight sim. Seeing the development for as long as you and I have and the quality there-of I do think it's natural to speculate. What I do think is a bit of a stretch in the speculation department is hoping for something along the lines of a Pacific Theatre release. Realistically, it's not practical.

That said, 777 has been up front the whole time, saying that no discussion of future add-ons will take place until the game is released.

I certainly do hope for the level of player involvement like we had in the old IL2 days. It was great seeing the forum release multiple campaigns, skins, and campaign generator updates on a regular basis. Another thing I liked was the great theatrical videos released by some forum members. BoS hasn't reached the stage of development to create something so detailed and theatrical yet but it will.

Moderated by  CyBerkut, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.