Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Changelog-

Map and spawn changes :

Severograd, and new villages in vicinity

New items :

-Hunting Knife
-Balaclava (different versions)
-Firefighter jacket (different versions)
-Cattle Prod
-Stun Baton
-Telescopic Baton
-MASKA helm
-Medical Thermometer
-RDG-5 Explosive Grenade
-Soviet Officer Hat
-Various spawn table changes

New mechanics :

-New melee hit detection
-Player temperature
-Resuscitation
-Fibrillation
-New events (helicopter crashes, vehicle spawns etc.)
-New door implementation
-Players can now run up and down the stairs
-Zombie variations
-First iteration of central economy.
-Animal navmesh

New animations :

-Digging Animations
-New restrained crouch pose
-New restrained crouch walk
-CPR animations
-New zombie walks, runs, sprints and idle variations
-Ragdoll changes

Fixed :

-Duplication techniques removed
-Shotgun pellets in multiplayer are now working
-Player can no longer take an item in hand while handcuffed
-Various gesture related fixes and polishing
-Raised move with bow in Standing stance and rotations with bow
-Minor polishing for different reloads
-Unintended fishing cancellation by player movement should be reduced
-Wearing raincoat and gorkas now prevents you from soaking from rain
-Clothes drying revisioned
-Berry picking, tree and kindling gathering and worms digging can now be cancelled
-Player gets wet even when only partially submerged in water
-Ruined axe warning message
-Balaclava mask can get wet
-Weather client synchronization
-7.62x39 cartridges have weight
-Rags and sticks are spent when they are in hand before crafting starts
-Allowed swing detection for most melee weapons
-Added sound, music, radio and speech fade in dead state
-Battery licking animation for check battery action
-Various desync issues
-Various server performance issues
-Player can no longer change weapon when in water
-Player collisions adjusted to reduce clipping through walls in various situations
-Fixed an issue where certain gestures would not get called from raised stance
-Fixed footstep sounds in various moves
-Fixed an issue where the player could fall to the ground after performing "Drink All" action
-Fixed an issue where on occasion, one player restraining another would not result in succesful restrained animation on the player being restrained
-Fixed an issue where the player entering water would not get disarmed automatically under certain circumstances

Issues :

-Persistence (Events do not get loaded properly after server restart)
-Persistence (Server state can become corrupted due to grenades stored in containers)
-Melee (When using rapid left click there is a high chance that melee weapon will get switched)
-Broken shadows in some cases
-Zombies are unable to get into some of the buildings.
-Events (bad positioning on spawn, items might spawn below ground, can be seen on inventory screen)

Balota tents are gone..

Hicks- we'll be issuing a small update to stable next week to nerf Balota a bit more than what we have now. (You'll see)

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4011155 - 09/17/14 11:01 PM Re: .49 on stable [Re: Ajay]  
Stormtrooper Offline
Lifer
Stormtrooper  Offline
Lifer

Balota tents were a waste of time anyway. Seemed to have a large zombie population too as i was always running through it wasting half my ammo on them.

#4011181 - 09/18/14 12:20 AM Re: .49 on stable [Re: Ajay]  
HitchHikingFlatlander Offline
HitchHikingFlatlander  Offline

California
Wow some nice additions will have to try this out in the couple days. And characters got wiped too right?

I've got a bad feeling about this.....
#4011242 - 09/18/14 03:17 AM Re: .49 on stable [Re: Ajay]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Chars gonski smile

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4011325 - 09/18/14 11:48 AM Re: .49 on stable [Re: Ajay]  
Stormtrooper Offline
Lifer
Stormtrooper  Offline
Lifer

Originally Posted By: Ajay
Chars gonski smile

Not quite...My .48 character (Check version number wink )

#4011334 - 09/18/14 12:19 PM Re: .49 on stable [Re: Ajay]  
Stormtrooper Offline
Lifer
Stormtrooper  Offline
Lifer

Nevermind *sniffle*

#4011664 - 09/19/14 03:00 AM Re: .49 on stable [Re: Ajay]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
biggrin

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4011827 - 09/19/14 03:33 PM Re: .49 on stable [Re: Ajay]  
Charlie_SB Offline
Charlie_SB  Offline

I died like never before last night. Had an epic last stand with my shotgun while bleeding out. Fighting the interface to reload, fighting the interface to try to find clothing to make rags, fighting the zombies and loosing every one of those fights. A buddy and I were trying to meet up, but since we were dying all the time it was quite hard. Still had a good time and actually met some people who I did not kill ... one even said "Hi". Going to try to setup some kind of camp thing tonight though... if I live long enough that is.

-C-

#4012707 - 09/21/14 09:16 PM Re: .49 on stable [Re: Ajay]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
Can't find any persistent servers in .49, they all say 'persistance disabled' - has there been a bug discovered?

I find it very boring as a newly spawned character with the extra element of freezing all the time, as well as being hungry and thirsty. So now you have to find clothes as well as food and drink. Fine if you are the first to spawn in an area, but it is very annoying to freeze and starve while searching houses that have already been well looted. The only solution sometimes is to server hop rather than run around starving, freezing and searching looted houses, and that defeats the purpose.

Just dumb...in what scenario did we all wake up on a beach with just a t shirt on in the middle of winter?

I find this easily the most tedious part of this game.

H

[Linked Image]
#4012804 - 09/22/14 03:38 AM Re: .49 on stable [Re: Ajay]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
I must be lucky (in one respect) haven't frozen yet smile Always play med to high pop servers and seem to be able to find enough gear quickly enough get through. Biggest gripe for my partner and i atm is still desync, zeds coming through walls, and the inventory seems to be asleep half the time.

Re the wake up on the beach deal. I have always wanted a spawn in a cabin in the woods or any house anywhere really. You have lasted past the worst of the outbreak, used up your supplies and now have to venture outside. The beach scenario with absolutely no back story is just weird. Got smashed and woke up with nothing and the world has gone to sh/t ?

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4012847 - 09/22/14 10:01 AM Re: .49 on stable [Re: Ajay]  
Falstar Offline
Falstar  Offline

Edina, MN 55439
I thought the back story was you washed up on shore after plane crash off the coast.

#4012951 - 09/22/14 02:01 PM Re: .49 on stable [Re: Falstar]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
Originally Posted By: Falstar
I thought the back story was you washed up on shore after plane crash off the coast.

Or fell out of a plane if you spawn in a village inland?

smile

Not that it really matters, irrespective of back story I just think it is dumb you spend an hour finding clothes and food (water is everywhere) when really you should be focused on finding survival tools (shelter, weapons, materials for huntin', fishin' and cookin')

Another thing, I am indoors, wearing plenty of clothes and am still being told I am cooling down/cold? What should I do...light a fire?

H

[Linked Image]
#4013222 - 09/23/14 02:02 AM Re: .49 on stable [Re: Falstar]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Originally Posted By: Falstar

There has never been any 'official' back story on why you spawn where you do, just this ..

'A 225 km2 open world post-soviet state and one of the areas hit by a new and presently unknown infection which has wiped out most of the world's population. You are one of the few who have survived and now you must search this new wasteland in order to fight for your life against what is left of the indigenous population, now infected with the disease.'

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4013977 - 09/24/14 07:32 PM Re: .49 on stable [Re: Ajay]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
Wow .49 Stable even with hotfix is really porked? Seems so from the forums and I keep spawning nekkid without my loot.

Gonna leave Dayz alone for a while until fixed. Back to sims!

H

[Linked Image]
#4014018 - 09/24/14 08:56 PM Re: .49 on stable [Re: Ajay]  
Charlie_SB Offline
Charlie_SB  Offline

.49 on stable works ok for me. We played for 3 hours yesterday and a little today with no issues. We even pitched a tent which might or might not be there when we get back from our excursion. Searching through those apartment blocks for the tent was about as boring as DayZ gets though. Crap framerate and ladder deathtraps everywhere ... and empty room upon empty room.

We play hardcore only

-C-

#4014329 - 09/25/14 03:45 PM Re: .49 on stable [Re: Ajay]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
Tried again after hotfix.

Having open doors takes a bit of getting used to...saved a lot of time knowing a building had been looted already, now you have to check them all out!

Grrrr

Otherwise seems ok tho seems even harder to find the needed combination of gun and ammo. Currently have a carbine, mosin and MP5 and no ammo for either/any after much searching. Dont want to go to NW airfield (there be bandits) but may have to ... durnit.

H

[Linked Image]
#4014595 - 09/26/14 02:56 AM Re: .49 on stable [Re: Ajay]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Still seems very easy to quickly gear up.

Spawned at Cherno docks, 30 minutes later once at Kamenka iam good to go - Smersh backpack, assault vest, firemans jacket, gorka helmet and eyeshield, camo pants, akm with two mags, 80 spare rounds, binos, knife, matches, plenty of food, healthy.

Myshinko mil tents were a gyp, couple cans of sardines and some compasses.Also still getting a restart no matter what server i pick after 30 or so minutes,annoying but par for the course.

Incoming infected dude does look cool though, much better than what we have currently. I'm still hoping we get the much talked about infected kids from a while back, i wonder if it will affect playstyles at all or if it is just to much of a pc sh/tstorm that they canned the idea totally.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4015535 - 09/28/14 03:17 PM Re: .49 on stable [Re: Ajay]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
Agree if you are lucky to spawn near Cherno, you are close to Balota, and then between Kamenka and NW aifrield there are two small mil bases, so ammo for an AK is not impossible to find. Same if you're lucky enough to spawn up north near or in Novo or Svetlo, though I haven't tried the NE airfield lately - didn't they turn it civilian?

Murphy seems to have decided though that I should always spawn near Solnichny where you have the choice of going north to bandit country at Berezino (always well looted, full of idiots who kill you even if you are unarmed, and very little ammo) or a long way south to Elektro, or inland where there is food and clothing but little ammo, on the edge of starving/freezing the whole way. Can usually find a gun of some sort, that isn't the problem, but ammo in any quantity is the prob. Did those Chernaruskies really keep so many guns in their houses and so little ammo?

There really needs to be at least a small mil base within reasonable reach of this part of the coast, not just small villages, forest and mountains. Or at least a hunting and fishing shop in a couple of the towns, with ammo on the shelves.

ANyway now if I spawn anywhere on that eastern coast near Solnichny I try to find the nearest high building and throw myself off!

H

[Linked Image]
#4015695 - 09/29/14 12:32 AM Re: .49 on stable [Re: Ajay]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
I'm with ya, Sol means one thing to me , suicide. I just don't care for that spawn anymore. I remember Bere being one of my favourite places in the mod, at least with the tents you had a chance of finding something interesting, and it was generally a quiet place with mostly friendlys who didn't mind a chat when they did come through.

We played a 3 hour sesh last night and found a ton of sks and mosin rounds from our trek from Starty/nwaf/milbase/balota, but we were constantly changing servers as restarts were happening every 30 minutes or so. Everywhere we went would have had minimal traffic through, loot seemed mostly untouched. My mate ended up swapping out his 30mag and his akm disappeared into the ether anyway so we ditched over 200 rounds of sks the scrub and kept our mosins biggrin

Hunting, fishing and camping stores are something i have asked about for a lont time now,perfect place for so many loot spawns. Tents, fishing gear, sleeping bags, ammo, knives, outdoor clothing, boots etc. Seems weird not to have them.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4017113 - 10/02/14 01:03 PM Re: .49 on stable [Re: Ajay]  
Chris2525 Offline
Chris2525  Offline

Canada
Zombies still hitting you with melee attacks from 5 metres away. That's probably the most annoying feature.

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 / Intel Core i7-3770K @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.9GHz / 8192MB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX780 / TM Warthog / Saitek Pro Fight Rudder Pedals / TrackIR5
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.