Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4009485 - 09/13/14 10:53 PM Latests news from the DayZ twitch stream  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ

World Containers planned for end of October

Map Borders will not be expanded but an island is possible for the distant future

Sound will improve in the next 6 months

Goal is 100 player servers but won't happen until server performance is better

Advanced Player tracking also based on server performance

Military items are to spawn with the dynamic events (heli crashes, police wrecks)

Horticulture in testing with Bratislava team (soon to exp .50 maybe?)

Several months away from advanced animal AI

Suicide will be implemented when there is spare time

Possible creation of another pistol holster

Advanced character creation most likely will not be pursued. If there is a desire from community after version 1.0 it might be possible

Dynamic events will spawn out of range of network bubble

Infections from zombies are still planned (but not THE zombie infection)

Chainsaw was completed a long time ago but there are items that need to be added to support its function, we will see it in beta

Programming team will soontm be working on implementing injured animations and bayonet attacks

Player base building won't include towers, over two stories probably won't be possible. Expect player bases to consist of barricades, construction lights, tents, and small player houses. (You won't want people to find you base by creating giant structures)

At least one LMG is planned

SVD is also planned

Most high tier weapons will only spawn at dynamic events (like the M4 currently)

Police cars are part of the dynamic system but are not spawning currently

Current dynamic system includes (Russian heli, NATO heli, Police car wreck, V3S wreck and more are coming)

You will be able to smoke cigarettes, maybe drugs (addiction/dependency will not be forced)

Cannibalism will likely be possible

Zombie behaviors are increased

Brian Hicks will be modeled as a zombie and there will be more zombie models

Can lock doors and safes but nothing is truly safe, players can bash open the doors and lock pick safes ("DayZ isn't DayZ without permanent loss" - Brian Hicks)

New Player heads will come throughout early access

Improving the damage system because right now items are either in the condition discovered or completely ruined

Visual effects to aid in knowing whether you're overheating or freezing to death

VBS engine is not a possible copy and paste. They want rivers and snow to be possible but it's currently unknown if it will be in game

Putting improvised camo such as mud or grass on yourself is possible and fairly easy to do but it is not currently on any of their to do lists

Smearing zombie guts on yourself will be discussed with the lead designers but the zeds in DayZ aren't dead, they're infected individuals

Expanding existing controls, must make sense because DayZ isn't a military simulator like the Arma series

New UI and options when renderer is replaced, giving players more control over how the game looks

Brighter colors like pink and more female friendly clothes are possible but need to look at number of players that would actually wear it

Anything that takes the control away from the players will not be implemented. This goes for animated stealth kills such as choking a player out or slitting their throat. Players should and will have full control of their actions at all times, no preset animations that take away from that

Improvised guillie suits are being modelled and the burlap wrap will be replaced. Pros and cons will be limiting having a backpack but the suit itself blends perfectly with the team

Many questions couldn't be answered because Brian did not want to speak on behalf of other team members. He only stated what he knew for sure.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4009560 - 09/14/14 03:37 AM Re: Latests news from the DayZ twitch stream [Re: Ajay]  
Harry-the-Ruskie Offline
Hotshot
Harry-the-Ruskie  Offline
Hotshot

Malaysia
Thanks Ajay.

#4009597 - 09/14/14 07:53 AM Re: Latests news from the DayZ twitch stream [Re: Ajay]  
Ratcatcher Offline
Ratcatcher  Offline

North Yorkshire, UK
We're getting there!

I would like to see an increase in Z's though. Would also like to see them introduce a zombie buildup mechanic. I.e you head into town, there's a few Z's about, you make some noise (either having to shoot or breaking down a door...when it's implemented ) and Z's start building up and converging on your position.

Obviously this would have to be managed with the different z classes, you wouldn't want all the sprinting Z's to turn up and swamp you, more like having just the crawlers or hoppers start moving slowly towards you. In that way you would build the tension and put you on a time scale as to when you had to move.

It would also make you have to consider more carefully when you did or didn't shoot, etc.

#4009905 - 09/15/14 03:28 AM Re: Latests news from the DayZ twitch stream [Re: Ajay]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
I just hope they can actually fix the zeds..this is the one area i am really on the fence about.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4009925 - 09/15/14 05:34 AM Re: Latests news from the DayZ twitch stream [Re: Ajay]  
HitchHikingFlatlander Offline
HitchHikingFlatlander  Offline

California
Well they definitely have a long way to go but its getting there slowly but surely.

I've got a bad feeling about this.....

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.