Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
#4004441 - 09/03/14 02:22 PM Re: EECH 1.15.2 update available ***** [Re: thealx]  
Pesanur Offline
Pesanur  Offline

Originally Posted By: thealx
easier in what way? if you talking about FM it will be better for you to use default flight model. also you can set easy difficulty level - it will decrease amount of damage taken by player twice and also there will be no armor value for all game units.

I'm mean that IA units are too effective, making the game a lot more difficult. And option for a less effective enemies can be welcomed.

#4004488 - 09/03/14 03:50 PM Re: EECH 1.15.2 update available [Re: thealx]  
thealx Offline
thealx  Offline

Quote:
I'm mean that IA units are too effective

changing air_scan_range value for vehicles and/or aircrafts will be easier way to decrease their effectiveness. but of course it will affect whole game process, so decreasing scan range of red's units you maybe should do the same for blue's.
Quote:
And option for a less effective enemies can be welcomed.

I'll think about it.

#4004526 - 09/03/14 05:10 PM Re: EECH 1.15.2 update available [Re: thealx]  
SimonAlonso Offline
SimonAlonso  Offline

spain
I think that the difficulty level is perfect, I m really addicted, better make the wingman's more efficient, often they do different things that I want, so I need to control them in dangerous conditions.

#4004692 - 09/03/14 10:47 PM Re: EECH 1.15.2 update available [Re: thealx]  
NutsnBolts Offline
Needs moar Mi-24
NutsnBolts  Offline
Needs moar Mi-24

York, UK
Found just a couple of little visual bugs while playing.

First, when using the NVGs, the port nav light on the Mi-24 is invisible in external view. Dunno if that's a bug or an intentional feature.

Also, taxiing fixed-wing aircraft, particularly fighters, have been moving around with their gear retracted. Some helis are also starting with their gear up where possible, although so far I haven't noticed a pattern.

That apart, having far too much fun with this. Only complaint I have is that it'd be really nice to get non-linear pedal back; currently the things are absolutely demonic, although that does mean you can make very, very quick turns!

<Insert witty sig block here>
#4004698 - 09/03/14 11:26 PM Re: EECH 1.15.2 update available [Re: thealx]  
ricnunes Offline
ricnunes  Offline

Portugal
I'm not practicing comparing EECH with any other games so all my changes based on boring numbers from open sources, and I found that default flight model gives too much lift. I can be wrong, or I just miscalculate some values, but I have no real helicopter control experience and only way to make things right is just messing around with values and wait for result. this FM in early testing stage so all feedback like yours will be taken into account in flight model improving process.
btw, available power can be increased with changing main_rotor_induced_air max (usually 26.0) in dynamics/.dyn files.

Well, I also don't have real helicopter control experience as I believe most other members here (namely EECH players) also don't have and that's why I believe it's very important to compare the flight model/dynamics of EECH with other realistic helicopter flight sims (such as Jane's Longbow 2 or DCS:BS2 for example) in order to achieve a more realistic experience with EECH flight model/dynamics. IMO, there is more to a flight simulation and simple numbers/values.
I understand that the new flight model is still in development and that's one more reason why I feel compelled to give my feedback to you.
Speaking of feedback, there's one more thing I would like to add regarding the flight model:
- In my experience when playing other helicopter sims I noticed that the helicopter trends to nose up, specially when applying collective/torque which make sense since the main helicopter lift is upwards but in the new EECH flight model the helicopter trends to nose down even when applying collective/torque which is the opposite of all other helicopter flight sims (and IMO, it kinda defies logic).

Quote:

it's hard to tell what components AGM-114R has - even if it's already in service there is not much detailed information. only found that pilot can change missile detonation mode (?) after launch to make explosion more effective (and I suppose it's different to ESAF that was present on earlier Hellfire missiles). I can only guess how it works, but I found it's similar to Vikhr detonation control, only difference for I-251 Shkval it should be done before launch. you can disable proximity fuze by setting detonation_radius = 0.0 for Hellfire.

From everything that I read about the AGM-114R or Romeo Hellfire is that the fuse/detonator is impact only. What changes, or to be more precise what the pilot is able to change is how the warhead explodes once the missile fuse detonates (which is by impact).
The Romeo Hellfire has a new multi-purpose warhead built-in which can explode in different ways, depending on what mode was selected by the pilot/gunner/crew. For example the AGM-114R warhead can explode similarly to a conventional HEAT warhead in order to defeat armoured targets (such as MBTs) or instead it explode like a Blast/Fragmentation warhead to be more effective against personnel/infantry, equipment or lightly armored vehicles or it can be set to explode only after penetrating the target in order to be more effective to destroy buildings (such as Bunkers, for example). But and nevertheless what sets the missile warhead to detonate is impact only (and not proximity).
In order to know a bit more about the AGM-114R, there's an interesting presentation which can be consulted/downloaded here (it seems to be an 'official' document):
http://www.msl.army.mil/Documents/Briefings/JAMS/HF_Romeo_Public%20Release%20Briefingrev1.pdf

Regarding your suggestion of setting the detonation_radius = 0.0 for Hellfire is not a solution as the game currently is because it would certainly make the game, namely the campaigns more unbalanced and even more unrealistic.
Setting detonation_radius = 0.0 for Hellfire would IMO be a good idea for a future update but this same update would need to be accompanied by changes in the Vikhr missile, namely to reduce the Vikhr's accuracy and agility (compared to the Hellfire missile) and of course lots of testing.

Anyway, my main problem (and IMO the only "gameplay breaking" problem regarding this issue) is about the AGM-114L Radar Hellfire only which currently is completely ineffective against slow-moving airborne targets (or resuming, against helicopters).
Other missiles such as the AGM-114R or Vikhr are IMO acceptable in terms of engaging air targets, namely helicopters.

Resuming, I think and believe that the AGM-114L Radar Hellfire should have in EECH a very similar capability/precision against low flying targets (helicopter) as the AGM-114R Romeo Hellfire and Vikhr currently have.

#4004701 - 09/03/14 11:30 PM Re: EECH 1.15.2 update available [Re: Pesanur]  
ricnunes Offline
ricnunes  Offline

Portugal
Originally Posted By: Pesanur
easier in what way? if you talking about FM it will be better for you to use default flight model. also you can set easy difficulty level - it will decrease amount of damage taken by player twice and also there will be no armor value for all game units.

I'm mean that IA units are too effective, making the game a lot more difficult. And option for a less effective enemies can be welcomed.

Have you tried to set the Difficulty option to "Easy"?
This option is set to "Medium" by default and can be accessed thru the 'Options' Menu (in the main menu) and 'Realism' submenu.

#4004706 - 09/03/14 11:39 PM Re: EECH 1.15.2 update available [Re: thealx]  
NutsnBolts Offline
Needs moar Mi-24
NutsnBolts  Offline
Needs moar Mi-24

York, UK
Ricnunes,

I've found exactly the opposing problem with the AGM-114R, rather than the 114L; it was comfortably able to track a Mi-24 doing 300+kph, perpendicular to the launching helicopter. It even managed it when I put the Hind in a split-S. The agility of the basic missile (warhead type not specified) seems to be pretty high. See pages 4 and 5 of this thread for this matter.

Personally, I find the values currently in-game fine, although I can't say I've experienced your weird collective behaviour in any of my playing. The only exception to this is when I jumped into a hovering Mi-17 and, in spite of putting on 120% collective, couldn't manage to get the thing even to stay in the air - no translational lift and a heavily-laden bird.

Can you give any more details on what you're doing at the time?

#4005101 - 09/04/14 07:27 PM Re: EECH 1.15.2 update available [Re: NutsnBolts]  
ricnunes Offline
ricnunes  Offline

Portugal
I don't know what "more details" can I give after those two lengthy posts of mine (where I believe I described those issues with quite detail).

So this time I'll try a different approach and try to be more to the point this time:

Originally Posted By: NutsnBolts
Ricnunes,

I've found exactly the opposing problem with the AGM-114R, rather than the 114L; it was comfortably able to track a Mi-24 doing 300+kph, perpendicular to the launching helicopter. It even managed it when I put the Hind in a split-S. The agility of the basic missile (warhead type not specified) seems to be pretty high. See pages 4 and 5 of this thread for this matter.

Sorry (and don't get me wrong) but I believe that I'm not getting what you mean with this ("tracking helicopters doing maneuvers").

However, what I mean is something like this:
- For each 10 (ten) AGM-114L Radar Hellfires that I shoot at incoming enemy helicopters (head on towards my helicopter) only 1 (one) or even none actually hit the target/helicopter.
- For each 10 (ten) AGM-114R Romeo Laser Hellfires that I shoot at incoming enemy helicopters (head on towards my helicopter) about 9 (nine) or even all 10 (ten) actually hit the target/helicopter.

Or if you prefer:
AGM-114L Radar Hellfire -> About 10% or less hit ratio against flying Helicopters.
AGM-114R Laser Hellfire -> About 90% or more hit ratio against flying Helicopters.

That's a huge difference between both missiles and I'm puzzled on how can you (or someone else) have an entirely different (opposite) experience!

Quote:

Personally, I find the values currently in-game fine, although I can't say I've experienced your weird collective behaviour in any of my playing. The only exception to this is when I jumped into a hovering Mi-17 and, in spite of putting on 120% collective, couldn't manage to get the thing even to stay in the air - no translational lift and a heavily-laden bird.

Can you give any more details on what you're doing at the time?

Regarding flight model, all I can say is (again) that in order to maintain an Apache helicopter in the air without loosing altitude I must put 90% (or more) on the collective, no matter what flight regime I'm at (hovering or slow, medium, high speed) or no matter what useful payload I have (doesn't matter if I'm flying with 50% fuel plus 8 Hellfire and 2 Rocket pods or for example 100% fuel plus 16 Hellfires -> The behaviour is the same).

But like I previously said, this issue doesn't bother me much since I just select the Default Flight Model in the EECH.INI file (Which IMO is already quite good) and have my problem "solved".

#4005136 - 09/04/14 08:51 PM Re: EECH 1.15.2 update available [Re: thealx]  
NutsnBolts Offline
Needs moar Mi-24
NutsnBolts  Offline
Needs moar Mi-24

York, UK
My apologies; I've misunderstood what you were saying. We're in agreement re: the effectiveness of the AGM-114R, and it's my fault for having misread your previous messages.

I'm going to go and have a few Free Flights in an Apache, and see if I experience the same phenomenon; it's very weird, since translational lift ought to kick in and get you going upwards much more readily than that. Obviously, you solution of using the default FM also works admirably!

#4005314 - 09/05/14 08:42 AM Re: EECH 1.15.2 update available [Re: NutsnBolts]  
ricnunes Offline
ricnunes  Offline

Portugal
Originally Posted By: NutsnBolts
My apologies; I've misunderstood what you were saying. We're in agreement re: the effectiveness of the AGM-114R, and it's my fault for having misread your previous messages.

No problem NutsnBolts.
Even because that now the current Laser Hellfire variant modeled is called AGM-114R and the Radar Hellfire is called AGM-114L, I completely understand that it becomes a f**king (pardon my expression) confusion to sometimes distinguish between both Laser Hellfire and Radar Hellfire wink
It can even become more confusing considering that while in the Cockpit (in the Apache for example) the Laser Hellfire is named AGM-114(L) while the Radar Hellfire is named AGM-114(R).

On top of that, I believe that my previous posts were too lengthy/big and added even more to the confusion biggrin

Quote:

I'm going to go and have a few Free Flights in an Apache, and see if I experience the same phenomenon; it's very weird, since translational lift ought to kick in and get you going upwards much more readily than that. Obviously, you solution of using the default FM also works admirably!

Roger that. Please tell me what you find.

#4005941 - 09/06/14 02:18 PM Re: EECH 1.15.2 update available [Re: thealx]  
SKIP2008 Offline
SKIP2008  Offline

ITALY
Hi, try this: http://www9.zippyshare.com/v/79785434/file.html and another version with Vikhr and Shturm speed lowered according to data found on the web, i hope i'm not wrong: https://www.sendspace.com/file/nhjnwt

Last edited by SKIP2008; 09/06/14 02:41 PM.
#4006479 - 09/07/14 10:01 PM Re: EECH 1.15.2 update available [Re: thealx]  
NutsnBolts Offline
Needs moar Mi-24
NutsnBolts  Offline
Needs moar Mi-24

York, UK
Further bug report: Getting repeated instances of aircraft, particularly helicopters, not attacking targets. Case in point: set up a BAI mission and assigned it to a Ka-52. Loadout of Iglas for self-defence plus 12 Vikhr to hit the target with. The Ka-52 moved along its waypoints, made an attack run, but fired no missiles. It closed to within a few tens of metres of the X waypoint, then withdrew, having inflicted no damage whatsoever on the Blue armoured group it was meant to hit. Another run saw an AI-controlled Mi-24 on a strike mission. The helicopter fired no missiles and did not damage before withdrawing to base, undamaged. Mission failed, again.

Not sure what could be causing that, since it seems to be basically random. Will expand as I learn more about it.

On a related note, could one of you kindly blokes send me a PM about getting access to the EECH code? I've been in touch with Messyhead, who led me to the EECH Dev page, but the email I sent to the address listed bounced and he suggested trying a post here. Any info therefore appreciated. In my infinite stupidity, I thought I might try my hand at modding.

ETA: Skip, can't replicate your lift issues; even fully laden (in Free Flight mode), the AH-64 lifts off just fine for me. Weirdness.

Last edited by NutsnBolts; 09/07/14 10:02 PM.

#4006597 - 09/08/14 07:58 AM Re: EECH 1.15.2 update available [Re: thealx]  
SKIP2008 Offline
SKIP2008  Offline

ITALY
What happened? I've only edited power output, missiles' specifics and radar scan range nothing else, maybe something gone wrong i'll take a look asap.

#4006640 - 09/08/14 12:29 PM Re: EECH 1.15.2 update available [Re: thealx]  
NutsnBolts Offline
Needs moar Mi-24
NutsnBolts  Offline
Needs moar Mi-24

York, UK
Ah! Misunderstanding mate - I'm talking about a bug in vanilla 1.15.2, not with your modded version. Haven't tried that yet - you can relax smile

I think what may be happening with the non-attacking helis is them getting distracted by another target, then flying too close to a hostile unit, getting damaged and withdrawing. If I catch it again, I'll save the same at the previous autosave and run the debug.exe, see if I can see anything.

#4008084 - 09/11/14 12:03 AM Re: EECH 1.15.2 update available [Re: thealx]  
vyrago Offline
vyrago  Offline

when starting a mission with Mi-28, often the tail boom is already in contact with the sandbag barrier around the helipad resulting in immediate tail rotor damage. It seems to depend on the spawn of the helicopter on the pad: ie, its facing. It can also happen with Mi-24. The apache and Comanche seem ok, their tailbooms seem to fit just within the 'bunker'.

#4008150 - 09/11/14 04:10 AM Re: EECH 1.15.2 update available [Re: thealx]  
thealx Offline
thealx  Offline

vyrago, thanks, it's known problem - helicopter azimuth is always 0 after it placed on the pad.

#4008191 - 09/11/14 09:04 AM Re: EECH 1.15.2 update available [Re: thealx]  
messyhead Offline
messyhead  Offline

vyrago, thanks, it's known problem - helicopter azimuth is always 0 after it placed on the pad.

Dos the azimuth also determine the direction that helo's point when they land?

Could we add a reference of some sort to the FARP pad and use that, so the helo will always be pointing the right direction?

(I'll add something to the bug tracker)

#4008259 - 09/11/14 01:40 PM Re: EECH 1.15.2 update available [Re: thealx]  
thealx Offline
thealx  Offline

Quote:
Dos the azimuth also determine the direction that helo's point when they land?

there is some heading manipulations while AI helicopter is landing, but changing it not a problem.

Quote:
Could we add a reference of some sort to the FARP pad and use that, so the helo will always be pointing the right direction?

already did it. unfortunately, 1/3 landing pads rotated 180* relative to landing route and that cause guarantee 33% tail rotor damage of most helis (exclude coaxial and small one like Comanche). I had some troubles with FARP scenes conversion but I hope I will pass it through next time I will find time for it.

Last edited by thealx; 09/11/14 01:43 PM.
#4043298 - 11/29/14 10:03 PM Re: EECH 1.15.2 update available [Re: thealx]  
thealx Offline
thealx  Offline

1.15.2FIX5 patch details can be found on first page. FARP heading fix wasn't included because it broke savegame and multiplayer compatible with current version, will be available with next update.

#4044952 - 12/03/14 05:18 PM Re: EECH 1.15.2 update available [Re: thealx]  
SimonAlonso Offline
SimonAlonso  Offline

spain
Wawwwww Thealx, again hitting hard.
Thank you very much, you make me happy.

Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.