Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4003941 - 09/02/14 12:27 PM PzBtl911(v) AAR "RT Operation Rising Bear Mission 4"  
Duke911 Offline
Schlappeseppel
Duke911  Offline
Schlappeseppel

Hessen/ Germany
Servus,

The AAR from mission 1 you can find here.
The AAR from mission 2 you can find here.
The AAR from mission 3 you can find here.

More Informations about this campaign you can read in the "Battle Book".

Here can you see the position of all units after mission 3:

After taking battle positions on BHL, we checked our destroyed tanks. My mechanics worked the hole night to fix the problems. I said to these guys, do what you can, a tank must driving,firing and the radio communication must work.
Forget thermals, EMES or the fire control system. I need these 5 tanks rolling. We got some new stuff from the Battle Group HQ. Our CDR sent us all soldiers which were educated in Leopards.
0400 o`clock in the morning was the last briefing in the HQ.

Our CDR came in and told us: "Now we start again with our Offensive operations to liberate SUMY and set conditions for political negotiations."

This was the plan:

Recce Sqn:
- Maintain screen location on BHL
- Deny RusFed Recce situational awareness
- Maintain contact with German / US CTs on the left and ZSU forces on the right

German CT "CT ACHILLES":
- First in Assault
- Re position prior to 0700, D+1
- Bypass airport
- Cut RusFed LOC.
- Be prepared to spt airport assault on order

Canadian CT "CT HECTOR":
- Maintain position on BHL
- Block and RusFed movement to the West
- On Order, advance and clear SUMY in support of ZSU force

US CT "CT ODYSSEUS":
- Second in Assault
- Re position prior to 0700, D+1
- Link up with PEGASUS forces in airport
- Cut RusFed LOC.
- Be prepared to spt airport assault on order

UK CT "CT PERSEUS":
- Maintain position on BHL
- Block and RusFed movement to the West
- On Order, advance and clear SUMY in support of ZSU force

ZSU CT:
- Advance and clear SUMY
- Secure "Critical Infrastructure 2"
- Link up with German / US CTs
- Use river to secure right flank

CT PEGASUS:
- Provide AH-64 / Tiger support to all attacks
- Conduct Air Assault on Airport
- Link up with US CT
- Be prepared to provide UAV coverage of over entire frontage and possible depth targets.

Main effort:
Secure SUMY

Supporting Effort(s):
- Set favourable conditions for political negotiations
- Minimise damage to Ukrainian infrastructure

Fires:

Guns can provide:
6 x 4 tube howitzer fire units

UK CT can provide:
3 x 3 tube mortar fire unit

Priority of fires will be determined at BG level and allocated accordingly.

I don`t wanted to go through the woods with my tank company. So I suggested to make a sweep to the left. Attack north of the woods, sweep to the south, link up with US-CT and attack again south.
My Colonel said yes and ordered the US-CT behind us.
After the briefing I talked to our Battle Group Seargent Major. He told me our Colonel did not sleep the last 24 hours. I gave him some sleeping tablets for the Colonel. 2 hours sleep are better then nothing, we need our Colonel awake.

During the drive back to my HQ I prepared my company orders.

Here you can read my company orders.

Colors:
Blue: German CT, recce, engineers, arty and BG HQ
Yellow: Canadien CT
Purple: US CT
brown: UK CT
green: ZSU
red: Russian forces

For this mission I had 2 of my guys in the Alfa platoon (Falli, LtDan). I had 3 guys from france in the Bravo platoon (Froggy, DarkLabor and Tom). The Charly platoon and the rest of the company was under my control.

On 06:25 we started our engines. Good job of my mechanics, everything works.
06:30 "ACHILLES to all: Tora, Tora, Tora, good luck guys, OUT"

x+0

After 5 minutes we found an enemy combat outpost. A platoon of BMP-3s was in defensive positions. Not very long after we found them.

x+5

5 minutes later the Bravo platoon found an enemy tank platoon, equipped with T-90s.

You can see the Leopard got a hit at 06:40:31, in the same second the T-90 got a hit from DarkLabor.
#%&*$# happens.

Damn, but our tank was only immobilized, time to call for an ARV. We don`t stopped our attack.
2 Minutes later Bravo found a minefield, but it was not a problem to make a sweep to the left.
We had enough space for maneuver and we used it. We had a recon platoon too in our area. The platoon leader suggested to overwatch my left flank. Good idea so I have more guns in line.

x+12

Now the plan was to go in line formation with the US-CT. The plan worked and the US guys found a minefield too.
Looks like the russians protected their right flank with these minefields.

We attacked now in line formation with the US-CT to the south. It worked pretty well. If I looked out of my tank, I saw 2 companies in line, and the sun came up, pretty cool view. We found some new T-90s and a lot of Infantry in front of us.

x+25

x+26

During this time I heard chopper sounds. The plan was to recapture the Airfield by an assault with our choopers and ZSU para troops. I thought no, no, no that´s to early. Got the CDR my last situation report?
It doesn`t matter the choppers were on the way and I pushed a little bit my CT. I wanted to take out as much enemy hardware we could.

x+38

Damn another immobilized callsign and the first russian troops surrender.

x+45

x+50

For us the mission run very smooth. We had only to change our positions after 2 minutes to avoid enemy arty strikes. My platoon leaders made a very good job.

The US-CT was attaking the Airfield to support the ZSU para troops. My job was to attack to the south again and to have some eyes to the eastern part of the Airfield.

x+60

x+65

My job was done, we could overwatch OBJ CAT with Charly platoon. I established a combat outpost with my Alfa platoon to secure our area from the east. Bravo was in position to overwatch to the WEST and NORTH WEST. Time to bring my support units in and to resupply my CT.

x+65

x+70

In x+75 I had visuelle contact with the UK-CT.

x+75

x+80

My Company Seargent visited the Alfa platoon. Falli was out of cigarettes. Time for a snickers and a coffee.

My mercedes drove to Charly platoon and brought him breakfast. I don`t know how my Company Seargent organized some baguettes for these guys.

After 83 Minutes the mission and the campaign was over.

x+83

The score:

In this mission my CT destroyed 11x T-90s, 20x IFVs, 2 trucks and took out 22 enemy soldiers.

We lost no callsign, we had only two immobilized Leopards.

Here you can download the server report file.

Summary:

Mission1:
The main effort was to march in formation to BHL in totally darkness. 87 minutes of concentration.
For me the painfully radio message is, if I hit a tree and have to report this. So this time no hits.
I think it was a good decision of the BG ANZAC guys to start with this task. To organize a march with a complete Battle Group is a hard mission, in totally darkness is much harder. I think my CT did it good. I had the advantage to have for every section a human player.

Mission2:
Worked also very well. The main effort was to support and to survive with no damages.

Mission3:
My favorite mission. A hell of a fight, sleep deprivation and a dig in reinforced MechInfBn, awesome.

Mission4:
Runs very smooth for us. My platton leaders did a very good job. Also their teammates worked good together.

Thank you to my french connection. It`s always a pleasure to work with my french comrades. They work very professionell and they are good gunners too. Thank you guys and see you to the LNoT in october.
I want also say thank you to my comrades, Eisenschwein, Falli, Burns, LtDan and Gladiator from PzBtl911(v).
I know these guys since years. Good job too guys.

At least a big THANK YOU to the BG ANZAC guys for organizing this event.

And a big THANK YOU to my BG CDR.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

-HACKE TAU-

Duke

Last edited by Duke911; 09/02/14 02:23 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4004136 - 09/02/14 09:16 PM Re: PzBtl911(v) AAR "RT Operation Rising Bear Mission 4" [Re: Duke911]  
Gibsonm Offline
Gibsonm  Offline

Sydney, NSW
Thanks for writing all four up.

I/we had fun putting it together and look forward to a reunion at the upcoming PzBtl 911 event.

An overarching AAR for all four battles from across the BG is still on my "to do" list but I have a couple of higher priority tasks at the moment.

Mark (}-:
LTCOL RAAC
IAW the Defence Communication Manual 2016, Chapter 3, paragraphs 3.28 - 3.30 - The views expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of the Department of Defence.
#4004606 - 09/03/14 07:57 PM Re: PzBtl911(v) AAR "RT Operation Rising Bear Mission 4" [Re: Duke911]  
enigma6584 Offline
enigma6584  Offline

Wisconsin, USA
Another superb write-up. Thanks for taking time to do these, they are most enjoyable. thumbsup

#4005309 - 09/05/14 08:30 AM Re: PzBtl911(v) AAR "RT Operation Rising Bear Mission 4" [Re: Duke911]  
Ronin_GE Offline
Ronin_GE  Offline

As allways, exellent work Duke!

nec cupias, nec metuas

official steelbeasts website
www.steelbeasts.com
Panzerbataillon 911(v) Webseite
www.steelbeasts.org

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.