Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4002445 - 08/29/14 03:00 PM Team Fusion Update - August 29th 2014 - Building from the ground up  
Mysticpuma2003 Offline
Mysticpuma2003  Offline

Birmingham, UK
Hello again everyone, it's Friday and it's time for an update smile

Now let me say to start with, apologies for the trickle of news over the last few months but as it's Summer and on occasion (especially in the UK) the sun comes out....we head out of our bunkers and go and see what daylight looks like before heading back and continuing the modding process thumbsup

So behind TF doors, I go round knocking on everyone's inbox and asking for news of what is being worked on only to be told....bugger off Mystic....we're at a critical stage and don't have time to dig out some nibbles for you to use smile Don't worry though, I don't give up that easily and just occasionally I get a message turn up that offers a real taste of some of the challenging work that is being undertaken by our guys and hopefully will be of interest to the community?

So, there I was sitting there hoping for a message in the forums or inbox and sure enough at the 11th hour I get the go ahead to release the following two images. These should be of great interest and I'll explain why smile

So what do we have here?

The first picture is from the newly developed Map Tool that our guys have been working on. On first glance it does look unimpressive but...on the picture you can see that not only the tool already can read terrain, water and textures directly from the game files but also render them appropriately. Yes, this was read directly from the game files. This means that yes, we understand 100% of the files already smile It should be pointed out that even though the graphics look almost complete, is only around 20% of the work. The other 80% is still remaining and most likely there will not be any more screenshots of the tool as we don't want to reveal too much. For this same reason, the toolbars have been removed from the screenshot.

The second image is not read from any of the game files, this terrain has been created from 'scratch' and was generated using the new map tool. It allows us to create all the features you would expect in a map tool such as high points and low points, water, etc, etc (as well as modify current map files available in the game).

It took a lot of work just to get to that point. Writing a terrain/map editor is almost as complicated as writing a game. The whole process of creation of the tool is a very complex and challenging one, requiring many many hours of work. This does mean though that the map code has been decoded and the good news that the community should understand is this tool is the key to us moving forward in terms of creating new Theaters and Campaigns (other than the one we are currently working on!), and therefore add much and many more environments for Cliffs of Dover pilots to fly in, or tank drivers to fight in, or AAA gunner operators to shoot aircraft from smile

Once it is complete then we will be able to move in any direction we choose and a lot more quickly and efficiently.

Okay so once I knew that we were going to officially announce our 'cracking' the map file code and the new map tool, I wondered what questions may be asked, so just in-case, here are some probable answers:

Question: Will this be publicly available?

Answer Currently the map tool when ready will only be for TF members to use, but there are map makers and texture artists waiting in the wings ready to start work once this becomes available and ready to use by the Team.

Question: So hills our mountains can be created too?

Answer: This is a map tool for making maps, it will do just that, make maps. Maps have high and low points, we can make these. This image just shows that we can and have created a tool that reads directly the game map structure and allows us to modify AND create new maps and features on existing maps

Question: Does this mean that we can have maps like the Pacific, Alps, Philippines, Berlin, etc, etc.

Answer: Well it's a map tool and it makes maps....those areas are on maps.....I think the answer is apparent?

Question: When will it be ready?

Answer: Two weeks..........we just don't know which two weeks that will be wink

So there you have another Friday update come and gone, hopefully it was worth the wait? The next update will again most likely be 2-4 weeks, but I'd rather have updates contain news of value than just nothing of much at-al; thumbsup

As always, we are on the lookout for 3D modellers to help build and create new features, aircraft, cockpits, models for future environments so please check out this thread:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11129

If you think you have a skill that could be of use to Team Fusion please contact me by PM or on email linked in the above link smile

And finally for those of you helping us identify bugs, here is the latest report from the Bugtracker which we really would urge you to join and help us pick out those nasty little game spoiling bugs that irritate all of us!

From the Team Fusion Bugtracker

The bugtracker (http://tfbt.nuvturais.de/projects/il2clodtf) keeps accumulating data: Since the last published update on June, 28th, 42 new users brought the total up to 759 registered users of which 83 have been active since then. We currently have 111 open issues (83 bugs and 28 feature requests). 2 have already been resolved with patch 4.312 and [url="http://tfbt.nuvturais.de/projects/il2clodtf/issues?set_filter=1&f[]=status_id&op[status_id]=%3D&v[status_id][]=2&f[]=&c[]=tracker&c[]=status&c[]=priority&c[]=subject&c[]=author&c[]=updated_on&c[]=category&c[]=votes_value&group_by="]9 are currently in progress[/url] to be fixed or implemented.

18 new issues have been raised since the last update, among them are (no judgment implied):
  • Reported Bug #616: "Ju 87: brakes have to be stronger" (New)
  • Reported Bug #611: "Poor Map Meshing in sea area at Map Ref AC7 Cherbourg area" (New)
  • Feature Request #606: "Spitfire Mk I, Mk Ia, and Mk IIa: Missing Wheels position Indicator Rod in the Wings" (New)

The issues with the highest (summary) vote currently are:
  • 27: #581: "RAF fighter engines incorrectly start cold in Multiplayer" (New)
  • 19: #602: "Defensive AI Gunner Skill Levels Set Too High" (New)
  • 14: #589: "Hawker Hurricane start up" (New)

We invite all pilots to participate in the bugtracker either by reporting bugs, requesting features, and/or vote on issues. But before you do anything, please read the guidelines and FAQ here: http://tfbt.nuvturais.de/projects/il2clodtf/boards/4
===

[img]http://i41.tinypic.com/2yjr679.png[/img]
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4002846 - 08/30/14 03:06 PM Re: Team Fusion Update - August 29th 2014 - Building from the ground up [Re: Mysticpuma2003]  
Happyflier Offline
Happyflier  Offline

Essex
That is looking really interesting. Great sim and I've already really enjoyed the improvements that Team Fusion has brought to it so far! Great news

#4002990 - 08/30/14 08:31 PM Re: Team Fusion Update - August 29th 2014 - Building from the ground up [Re: Mysticpuma2003]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

That is nothing short of extraordinary.
Applause as always.

clapping

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#4004274 - 09/03/14 04:23 AM Re: Team Fusion Update - August 29th 2014 - Building from the ground up [Re: Mysticpuma2003]  
SC/JG_Oesau Offline
SC/JG_Oesau  Offline

Sydney, Australia
Great stuff TF

CPU - i7-3770K @3.50Ghz, RAM - 32Gb (800Mhz), Video Card - GTX980Ti
TrackIR-4, Thrustmaster Warthog, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Satiek Quadrant, Saitek Switch Panel, Logitech G510 Keyboard, Win 7 Home Prem 64bit
#4004418 - 09/03/14 01:16 PM Re: Team Fusion Update - August 29th 2014 - Building from the ground up [Re: Mysticpuma2003]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Excellent news.

Great job gents and ladies, keep up the fantastic work

#4009059 - 09/12/14 10:30 PM Re: Team Fusion Update - August 29th 2014 - Building from the ground up [Re: Mysticpuma2003]  
the soupdragon Offline
Sexy Beast
the soupdragon  Offline
Sexy Beast
Hotshot

Cardiff South Wales UK
WOW!!! Colour me impressed.
Excellent work guys. Really looking forward to where this takes us.
I think that this is a major breakthrough and I am really excited as to where this can lead.
Again fantastic work by the TF guys

SD

From the hills rebounding
Let this war cry sounding
Summon all at Cambria's call
The mighty force surrounding

Men of Harlech onto glory
This shall ever be your story
Keep these fighting words before ye
Welshmen never yield
#4009140 - 09/13/14 05:51 AM Re: Team Fusion Update - August 29th 2014 - Building from the ground up [Re: Mysticpuma2003]  
15/JG52_Genie Offline
15/JG52_Genie  Offline

Doha, Qatar
keep em flying boys! smile

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.