Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#3989666 - 08/02/14 12:26 PM Latest mod for Steel fury now available  
33lima Offline
33lima  Offline

Belfast, NI

SimHQ Battle of Britain II screenshots thread
CombatAce Mission Reports
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." (attributed to Marcus Aurelius)

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3991697 - 08/06/14 02:34 PM Re: Latest mod for Steel fury now available [Re: 33lima]  
trek Offline
trek  Offline

33lima,

Check your link for the STA Download. I've tried to DL it a half-dozen times and its' not working. The last time I got a bogus virus-infection pop-up scam.

#3991794 - 08/06/14 06:40 PM Re: Latest mod for Steel fury now available [Re: 33lima]  
33lima Offline
33lima  Offline

Belfast, NI
Hi Trek

I got popup ads a lot too but following up your post I think I've worked it out.

Register on the STA forum, then log in. THEN click the link to the STA download you want, on 4shared.com. Just tried this and it works with no popups, every time. Log out, and the popups are back. So the trick seems to be, log onto the STA forum before you click the link to 4shared.

When you get to 4Shared, the download link is the one ringed red, below:

I created a 4shared account, alternatives are to login via Facebook etc.

Much the same as the previous NTA mod.

Thanks for bringing this up, I'll mention this over at the STA forum; if I'm right a note is needed to tell folks you need to log on before trying to d/l.

Last edited by 33lima; 08/06/14 06:57 PM.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." (attributed to Marcus Aurelius)

#3991933 - 08/07/14 01:50 AM Re: Latest mod for Steel fury now available [Re: 33lima]  
trek Offline
trek  Offline

Hey 33lima,
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I later noticed on your forum about logging in. I will take your advice and try that tomorrow morning. I haven't played Steel Fury for some time. I bought both SF and T34 vs. Tiger when they first came out. I have both of those games in the boxed disc versions. I still have the old NTA and other mods installed thru the mod manager.

Looks like the new STA and the three mission packs may encourage me to get back into the game. I noticed that they include Rends' missions like Seelow Heights, etc. which I also have on the old install.

On the other thread about WW2 tank games people were discussing others I own too. I still have my original Playstation Disc copy of Panzer Front and can still play it on my first generation PS3 with the backward compatibilty mode that only the original PS3 included. I know its' not considered a sim but it sure was fun to play. It even had some quasi-historical missions like "Barkmann's Corner." Considering when it was made and as it was a console game I think its' remarkable.

I still play the modded Panzer Elite sometimes and also own Steel Beasts which is probably my favorite tank sim. I too would like to see ESim produce an add-on to Steel Beast that would cover WW2.

Anyway, thanks for hosting the SF mods and keeping the game alive. Your hard work is very much appreciated.

#3992112 - 08/07/14 02:00 PM Re: Latest mod for Steel fury now available [Re: 33lima]  
trek Offline
trek  Offline

33lima,

OK, I've DL'd STA 1.0 and the Steel Sound Mod. When you indicate the current update in the install order what are you referring to? The only thing I see in your downloads is under utilities which is a 4gb patch. I'm currently running the SPM 1.5 version of Steel Fury. I mistakenly thought I had the NTA mod installed.

Also, none of the links for the three mission packs seem to be activated. Are they ready to be downloaded yet?

#3992137 - 08/07/14 02:43 PM Re: Latest mod for Steel fury now available [Re: 33lima]  
trek Offline
trek  Offline

Follow-up. I just DL'd Mission Pack 2. I will have to wait until tomorrow to DL Mission Pack 3 as I've exceeded my free DL limit on the site. I've noticed that the link for Mission Pack 1 is still not activated. Does that indicate that it is not completely finished yet?

And I'm still wondering about the current update question from my previous post.

My apologies about all of these questions, but as I stated I've been away from SF for awhile and there is a lot of new stuff for me to digest at one time. I'm very happy to see all of the new content though, thanks to you and other contributors.

#3992166 - 08/07/14 04:03 PM Re: Latest mod for Steel fury now available [Re: 33lima]  
tirta Offline
tirta  Offline

what??
another new mod already?
I thought NTA1.8 is the latest one?

33lima, is this one better than NTA1.8 ?

#3992229 - 08/07/14 06:22 PM Re: Latest mod for Steel fury now available [Re: 33lima]  
trek Offline
trek  Offline

tirta,
Yes, this is the newest mod. I've installed STA 1.0, the new sound mod and one mission pack. I must say that the entire process is much easier than in the past too. The guys did a great job on this one.

33lima,
Well, I've got everything I was able to DL today installed: Steel Sound Mod, STA 1.0 and the 2nd Mission Pack. Tomorrow I will DL the 3rd Mission Pack. Looks like from reading further on the STA Forum I understand that Lockie hasn't quite finished the 1st Mission Pack and that would explain why the link is not activated yet.

On the current update question: I assume I don't need anything else as everything in the game with what I've already installed is working like a charm!

If you have any info or advice on everything I've posted here so far I'd appreciate any help you can offer. I see there are many more mods on the STA forum I can DL and I wonder if many of them change the game enough that they are worth downloading as well. For example, how efficient is the DL that enables ant-aliasing?

SF looks and plays better than ever too! What a great job everyone is doing on this game!

#3992259 - 08/07/14 07:06 PM Re: Latest mod for Steel fury now available [Re: trek]  
33lima Offline
33lima  Offline

Belfast, NI
Hi Trek

Glad you're sorted! I got the 1st mission pack soon after release but evidently it has been taken down pending some re-work.

I think the anti-aliasing 'mod' may be NvidiaInspector itself - some settings were discovered which enable anti-aliasing to be applied in SF, which didn't work before as you likely know already. I already have them applied in an NvidiaInspector profile for SF so didn't need to use this new d/l. I think I need to check if I'm using the optimum settings for my card (GTS 250) but even as it is, it's better than it used to be, without. Post if you need to discuss.

I think the essentials are as listed, the sound mod then all three mission packs then the main mod, which by the sound(!) of it you have now.

I would definitely recommend at least the winter and desert 'weather' mods.

The winter mod 'does what it says on the tin' and brings life and variety to missions intended for it, like 'Counterstrike' in King Tigers, including a temporary winter camouflage for your tanks. You CAN play with the stock terrain but winter is a nice change:

Desert terrain is the other most desirable mod, essential really for the modest but growing selection of missions set in that theatre:

You have to enable the 'weather' mod and disable after use but still worthwhile. All the weather mods are worth having I think, tho I'd get 'Desert' and 'Winter' as the priority.

#3992264 - 08/07/14 07:12 PM Re: Latest mod for Steel fury now available [Re: tirta]  
33lima Offline
33lima  Offline

Belfast, NI
Hi Tirta

the Day 1 changes of STA over NTA are as listed on the STA home page, namely:

- added new tank Pz.35(t) (GER)
- gun 37mm KWK34(t) 39cal. + paired 7.9mm MG37(t), 7.9mm MG37(t) radist
shells:
- AP, PZGR(t) umg39, 675m/s
- APC, PZGR40(t)39/37, 980m/s
- HE, SPRGR(t)39, 657m/s
- added ATR platoon mod.1941 (GBR)
- fixed tank T-35A, his shells and sights
- fixed center mas for the regiment gun 76.2mm
- fixed multi-sound of MG-34
- added new tank M4A2 (USA)
- fixed mission "Tiger at the battle field" (GMP2.x)
- added "street lamp #01"
- added "street bench #01"
- fixed missions #02, 03 from campaign Barbarossa and slightly adjusted polygons
- added British `Valentine` MK3 with insignias
- added a fuel truck Blitz (desert, tri-color camo) (GER)
- added new destroyable building `toilet`
- added new APC `Universal carrier` (GBR)
- fixed armor of the Panther F
- fixed Pz38(t)
- fixed Marder III(H)

I think some missions in the NTA mission packs may not have made it into STA; but more STA missions are being developed, including one for the new Sherman M4A2. And STA has fixes for some NTA issues, as listed above.

#3992280 - 08/07/14 08:03 PM Re: Latest mod for Steel fury now available [Re: 33lima]  
tirta Offline
tirta  Offline

Hi trek & 33lima,

Thanks for the replies.
I have read the new forum from link above.
It seems that the new mod are based on nta1.8.

And the mod's main creator is lockie,
the same person behind nta1.8.
For some unknown reason, he gets out from graviteam forum and make a new one.
So now he give his mod a different name, too.

Lockie has helped me a lot with SF problems in the past, and he seems very capable finding solutions to make the game better.
I am sure the new mod will be better in his hand.

Thanks lockie.
I really appreciate what you have done with SF.

#3992466 - 08/08/14 03:25 AM Re: Latest mod for Steel fury now available [Re: 33lima]  
frinik22 Offline
frinik22  Offline

Ok just so people understand what happened. Lockie is Ukrainian and some of the Admins on the Graviteam forum are Russians. Lockie had expressed perhaps too forcefully or too much his opinion on the events in the Ukraine and has offended or irritated the Russian Admins. He was probably told to stop and refused. As a result sometimes around the 26th July he was banned ( probably temporarily) from the forum. He then decided to leave it altogether , start a new one and remove all download links for the NTA1.8 and mission packs from the Graviteam forum. This is why STA has replaced NTA as a sign of a clean break/fresh start. But it's essentially a continuation ... This is my interpretation.

Last edited by frinik22; 08/08/14 03:25 AM.
#3992479 - 08/08/14 04:32 AM Re: Latest mod for Steel fury now available [Re: frinik22]  
Brit44 'Aldo' Offline
Every Human is Unique
Brit44 'Aldo'  Offline
Every Human is Unique

Frinik22,
wink my opinion.
Your working too hard to try and put a positive spin this "split". Wishfull thinking will never change the facts of the human existance, it takes effort. If it is a one sided effort, then it is a fools errand. All of the wildabeast of Africa can wish the crocodile will some day call them friend.

Edit:
I was refering to the geo/political realities that have brought about this split, not the mod or modding.

Last edited by Brit44 'Aldo'; 08/08/14 07:47 PM. Reason: clariffication

TPA who TWI
"The 10th Amendment simply says that any powers that aren’t mentioned in the Constitution as belonging to the government belong to the states themselves."
#3992749 - 08/08/14 06:05 PM Re: Latest mod for Steel fury now available [Re: 33lima]  
33lima Offline
33lima  Offline

Belfast, NI
I don't think the STA mod is any more a 'one-sided effort' than the successful NTA mod was; and Lockie was a major player in both. The split is highly regrettable but not the end of the (SF modding) world. The STA mod is out now, has most of the content of the NTA mod (with some new stuff from Day 1) and more in the pipeline. No spin, just facts. Even if its evolution stopped tomorrow it's still a top-notch package, even if bettered by PE in some significant respects.

Last edited by 33lima; 08/08/14 06:19 PM.

#3992968 - 08/09/14 03:20 AM Re: Latest mod for Steel fury now available [Re: 33lima]  
frinik22 Offline
frinik22  Offline

@ Brit44 Aldo | | "All of the wildabeast of Africa can wish the crocodile will some day call them friend.>>>"

I love your quote!!!
biggrin

No I wasn't putting a positive spin just telling my own version of the events from what I heard and also because I know Lockie well. I want people to understand why our former forum ceased to exist literally overnight . That being said and just to put some negative spin I think he was too impulsive and I don't approve of him pulling out all the stakes( i.e. removing all links to the mods and missions packs) from the forum....

Last edited by frinik22; 08/09/14 03:21 AM.
#3992994 - 08/09/14 05:46 AM Re: Latest mod for Steel fury now available [Re: 33lima]  
Brit44 'Aldo' Offline
Every Human is Unique
Brit44 'Aldo'  Offline
Every Human is Unique

Quote:
No I wasn't putting a positive spin just telling my own version of the events from what I heard and also because I know Lockie well. I want people to understand why our former forum ceased to exist literally overnight . That being said and just to put some negative spin I think he was too impulsive and I don't approve of him pulling out all the stakes( i.e. removing all links to the mods and missions packs) from the forum....

Lockie's story sounds familiar. I deleted all my posts on the PanzerElite.com forum once ( maybe twice, it was 10 years ago ). I have even deleted my posts from the PEDG forum once, the entire PEDG forum once, and even the entire Brit44 private forum ( Where we, not just me, developed PEx ) once.

My former friend ( Former for ethical reasons, but the advice is true ) Mork gave me cherrished(spelling) advice ever simmer should remember, "PE is a play". What it means is that the simulations are just a hobby, your real life is what is important.

SF is a play, and none should fault Lockie for how he chooses to spend his hobby time.

TPA who TWI
"The 10th Amendment simply says that any powers that aren’t mentioned in the Constitution as belonging to the government belong to the states themselves."
#3993015 - 08/09/14 09:06 AM Re: Latest mod for Steel fury now available [Re: 33lima]  
33lima Offline
33lima  Offline

Belfast, NI
Meanwhile, the STA mod is about to acquire a new and vital piece of hardware, whose presence on the Steel Fury battlefield will come as a great relief to troops from all sides.

No, I don't mean the STA's new Universal ('Bren') Carrier, or even the new M-4 Sherman variants lined up to the rear...

...I mean this, Code Name 'Thunderbox', seen in testing, perhaps after suffering an internal explosion from the ignition of certain gasses...

The fate of the virtual crew is not reported; we can only hope that they got out in time.

Last edited by 33lima; 08/09/14 09:13 AM.

#3993168 - 08/09/14 05:40 PM Re: Latest mod for Steel fury now available [Re: 33lima]  
Brit44 'Aldo' Offline
Every Human is Unique
Brit44 'Aldo'  Offline
Every Human is Unique

rofl Gives new meaning to the term smoking hole

TPA who TWI
#3993368 - 08/10/14 04:41 AM Re: Latest mod for Steel fury now available [Re: 33lima]  
frinik22 Offline
frinik22  Offline

Ass-tonishing! jawdrop

#3993424 - 08/10/14 11:03 AM Re: Latest mod for Steel fury now available [Re: 33lima]  
tirta Offline
tirta  Offline

I don't understand it.
What is thunderbox?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.