Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
#3978836 - 07/09/14 10:54 PM Re: New DCS planes: Typhoon +BAE Hawk [Re: Snoopy_476th]  
AggressorBLUE Offline
Check out my
AggressorBLUE  Offline
Check out my

Jerz
Originally Posted By: Snoopy_476th
It could also be other company's just take a chance but VEAO wants to ensure all is good prior to release.

IIRC they are (unfortunately) being reactive with the legal issues.

My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ W/ Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / GTX 1070/ 16 Gigs DDR3 RAM / A Few SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case

Other Assets Deployed:
HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 smile
TrackIR TIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro biggrin
Simpit: Obutto R3VOLUTION

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3986671 - 07/27/14 01:22 PM Re: New DCS planes: Typhoon +BAE Hawk [Re: Genbrien]  
Silver_Dragon Offline
Silver_Dragon  Offline

Arafo, Canary Islands, Spain
By DCS: World Facebook, and Ells228 (VEAO Team), the VEAO Hawk T.M1 will be coming as flyable add-on on the DCS: world 1.2.9 version.

https://www.facebook.com/DcsWorld?fref=nf
Quote:
DCS Hawk will be released in 1.2.9

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2129245&postcount=1399
Quote:
You'll see it in 1.2.9

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2129266&postcount=1402
Quote:
Flyable

More News to the Front
#3986696 - 07/27/14 02:45 PM Re: New DCS planes: Typhoon +BAE Hawk [Re: Genbrien]  
cdelucia Offline
cdelucia  Offline

Pittsburgh, PA
So it's available now (seeing as how DCS is at 1.2.9.30604.475)? Also, what level is the flight model on this one again?

#3986712 - 07/27/14 03:05 PM Re: New DCS planes: Typhoon +BAE Hawk [Re: cdelucia]  
Snoopy_476th Offline
Snoopy_476th  Offline

Warner Robins Ga, USA
Originally Posted By: cdelucia
So it's available now (seeing as how DCS is at 1.2.9.30604.475)? Also, what level is the flight model on this one again?

Not available yet but it will be in 1.2.9 "soon. The flight model is SFM currently but PFM (aka AFM) is being worked on.

#3987855 - 07/29/14 04:46 PM Re: New DCS planes: Typhoon +BAE Hawk [Re: Genbrien]  
AggressorBLUE Offline
Check out my
AggressorBLUE  Offline
Check out my

Jerz
Yeah, i read that as "it will be available BEFORE the next big dcs update"

My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ W/ Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / GTX 1070/ 16 Gigs DDR3 RAM / A Few SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case

Other Assets Deployed:
HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 smile
TrackIR TIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro biggrin
Simpit: Obutto R3VOLUTION

#3988014 - 07/29/14 08:43 PM Re: New DCS planes: Typhoon +BAE Hawk [Re: Genbrien]  
Silver_Dragon Offline
Silver_Dragon  Offline

VEAO Hawk Update.
Quote:
Dev Diary Update 29/07/2014

Final testing of the AI Hawk in 1.2.9 is under way and as you can see from the screen below the testing team are having fun blowing up my aircraft!!!

A couple of small bugs to fix, but as you can see, the full damage model will be part of the AI aircraft, something I know has been asked about quite a lot.

We also have a team of ED testers that are looking at the AI and base mod for us as well so final hurdles are being jumped over racing to that finish line!!

Legal issues have been resolved, well agreed on a path forward, can I get a WHOOP WHOOP!! (as I'm sure the lawyer will be doing when he sends me the bill).

The new website and store are being developed and will be going to our testing team early next week to start testing those transactions making sure paying for the Hawk will be as seamless as possible.
Details for Steam and ED store are also being compiled.

Hawk promo video is being recorded and edited next week so expect that to be on YouTube. Subscribe to our YouTube channel so you get the update when it's out.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTT...z10UWbwHs9Bd0g

So when we said soon, we meant soon. I can't give final dates just yet but when we're at that last dash to the finish line over the last hurdle I'll let you know.

Enjoy the eye candy whilst I weep at my broken aircraft :'(

Cheers,
Chris.

Last edited by Silver_Dragon; 07/29/14 08:44 PM.

More News to the Front
#3988019 - 07/29/14 09:01 PM Re: New DCS planes: Typhoon +BAE Hawk [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
Chris2525 Offline
Chris2525  Offline

Canada
https://www.facebook.com/DcsWorld?fref=nf
Quote:
DCS Hawk will be released in 1.2.9

That can either be an indication that the Hawk is close, or that 2.0 is not.

Last edited by Chris2525; 07/29/14 09:02 PM.

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 / Intel Core i7-3770K @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.9GHz / 8192MB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX780 / TM Warthog / Saitek Pro Fight Rudder Pedals / TrackIR5
#4102146 - 04/06/15 10:36 AM Re: New DCS planes: Typhoon +BAE Hawk [Re: Genbrien]  
Penguran Offline
Penguran  Offline

Is VEAO Typhoon still a thing? It's been 2 years since the announcement and they haven't even shown a 3d model so far.

#4102147 - 04/06/15 10:42 AM Re: New DCS planes: Typhoon +BAE Hawk [Re: Genbrien]  
Snoopy_476th Offline
Snoopy_476th  Offline

Warner Robins Ga, USA
It is

#4102163 - 04/06/15 11:26 AM Re: New DCS planes: Typhoon +BAE Hawk [Re: Genbrien]  
II_JG77_Con Offline
JG77_Con
II_JG77_Con  Offline
JG77_Con

Going to wait for the advanced module . And edge of course

#4102256 - 04/06/15 03:30 PM Re: New DCS planes: Typhoon +BAE Hawk [Re: II_JG77_Con]  
Penguran Offline
Penguran  Offline

Originally Posted By: JG77_Con
Going to wait for the advanced module . And edge of course

Same here. Not going to support trainer planes.

#4102591 - 04/07/15 12:04 PM Re: New DCS planes: Typhoon +BAE Hawk [Re: Penguran]  
Genbrien Offline
Stick to the plan man!
Genbrien  Offline
Stick to the plan man!

Quebec, Canada
Originally Posted By: Penguran
they haven't even shown a 3d model so far.

Originally Posted By: Pman
no eye candy until June time I'd suggest at the current development pace.

We simply can't show it as we don't have the redacted version to show yet

Pman

ED's forum link

XBL/PSN/others: genbrien
Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Samsung 23'' 1920*1080
CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz Keyboard: Logitech G15
GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: G700s
PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saitek X55, TrackIr5
RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr2 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz
Case: Cooler Master 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb
#4127456 - 06/01/15 03:51 PM Re: New DCS planes: Typhoon +BAE Hawk [Re: Genbrien]  
Silver_Dragon Offline
Silver_Dragon  Offline

Small update of the VEAO Eurofighter develop

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=143832
Quote:
In case you missed this in the other thread...

Anyway, with Typhoon as you can imagine we had to do a lot of research and discussions on what we could include in the public version compared to the military version.
We now have a very firm outline of what that is.
That is currently being produced into a sort of schematic project plan.
At the same time we are exploring what DCS can and can't do with regards to systems and what our team has knowledge with and what other teams have knowledge with and if we're not sure we'll reach out to our friends in other development teams for pointers and help.
We're also looking at what technology is already available; TAD, TGP, Etc. from the A-10C and what we can use changing some symbology.

Following our last trip to Conningsby we decided to completely re-model the external and internal cockpit models. The old model was one we developed for a project for the RAF back in 2009 and was not up to current DCS levels.
Once I receive the cockpit model I will implement the switch test system, as I did with Hawk which sets the foundation for the advanced system model (ASM).
This helps and aids the programmers in checking code for functions and in something like Typhoon is essential.
Hawk has over 170 switches, buttons and dials. Typhoon has many more with multiple functions in each MHDD push button for example.
So the foundation needs to be right the first time.
The base flight model (EFM) has already started to be worked on and will be tweaked once we have the model.
Animations of external and internal flight model will start when the model is complete.

One feature of the MHDD's is they change automatically based in a set of parameters; aircraft start up, taxi, take off, combat, Etc..
Again we are researching how best to implement that in DCS.

All new areas not done before in DCS...

So, when will it be out. To be honest when it's ready...my aim is by end of this year but we'll see when we start getting into systems code and the hundreds of pages for the MHDD's.

This is currently our biggest project, in line with the NH-90 for systems functionality and we can share a lot between the two aircraft.

We are also looking to see if we can create a base template for all-glass cockpit systems; unlikely but if we can it will save time in future military and public projects.

Hope that's enough of an update for you

Thanks,
Chris.

More News to the Front
#4127463 - 06/01/15 04:07 PM Re: New DCS planes: Typhoon +BAE Hawk [Re: Genbrien]  
scrim Offline
scrim  Offline

Still seems far off, but at least it's nice to hear something about what's going on.

I understand that the Block they're doing is only LGB capable as far as AG munitions are concerned. Would anyone happen to recall what other Block they said they might develop later on, and what that is capable of bringing in addition to LGBs? I was quite disappointed to read that Brimstone missiles were completely off the table.

#4141381 - 06/30/15 04:14 PM Re: New DCS planes: Typhoon +BAE Hawk [Re: Genbrien]  
Silver_Dragon Offline
Silver_Dragon  Offline

Q&A VEAO Eurofigter, VEAO working on the Trench Blk 5 aircraft with the RAF on a military / professional version, the entertainment version coming after them with discounts, no release date.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2424289&postcount=1
Quote:
Hello everybody,
I thought it would be a good idea to launch a FAQ thread on the VEAO Typhoon module that is currently WIP. The purpose of this FAQ is to answer the most basic and interesting questions that newcomers will likely have about this project.

I want to stress that I’m not a member of the VEAO team, but I have consulted the team to obtain their support/approval for this FAQ thread and to proof read it advance.

The questions represent a collection of those repeatedly raised in the threads of this forum channel. I have derived some additional questions from them. The responses are based on statements made by the VEAO team, with myself providing some complementary comments and information where appropriate and feasible.

This FAQ might be updated over time as new questions emerge.

My thanks goes to Pman for the kind support and approval of this FAQ

Kind regards
Spectre

Q: When is the VEAO Typhoon module going to be released?

A: There is no fix release date set. The VEAO team aims at completing the Typhoon module until the end of 2015. This date is a team internal target based on current estimates. It is not a promise and potentially subject to change. A more accurate and reliable forecast can only be made once the project has passed a certain maturity gate. Stay tuned for further updates in the future.

Q: To what quality standards will the VEAO Typhoon adhere to in terms of flight and systems modeling?

A: The VEAO Typhoon will feature an External Flight Model (EFM), which is comparable to ED’s Professional Flight Model (PFM), as well as Advanced Systems Modeling (ASM).

Q: How realistic will the VEAO Typhoon be in comparison to the real aircraft?

A: The VEAO team intends to create an authentic representation of the real aircraft within the given constraints.

Q: The Eurofighter Typhoon is a relative recent, advanced combat aircraft, aren’t most of its features/capabilities classified?

A: Not everything about this aircraft is classified, but of course there are several classified aspects. That’s actually true for all military aircraft in active service and even for many former types that aren’t operational anymore.

Q: Given the above, how is VEAO going to create an authentic replication of the real aircraft?

A: VEAO has contacts within the UK military and is in the process of developing a military version of the Typhoon module. The team subsequently has the access to the information and data needed to create an authentic model of the aircraft. The public version that will be released as a certified 3rd party add-on module for DCS World will be based on this military version. However, it will be a deducted/-de-classified version of it.

Q: What does deducted/de-classified mean and what implications does it have on the public version of the Typhoon module for DCS World?

A: Deduction means that certain classified features won’t be implemented on the public version. It also means that some features might be simulated in a simplified fashion or that they are approximated. Certain data might be tweaked.

Q: What does the above mean to the end user?

A: It will probably mean nothing to the end user. Unless you are a professional involved with the real Eurofighter program from the military or industry side you won’t notice what is missing or not 1:1 implemented in comparison to the real aircraft.

Q: Can VEAO confirm which features will be missing and which are authentic, simplified or approximated?

A: No, VEAO can’t confirm any of the above as it has a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) in place.

Q: What does NDA mean, why is it necessary and what advantages/disadvantages are entailed to it?

A: The NDA enables VEAO to develop both, the military and public versions of the Typhoon. It is as such a pre-condition and without the NDA it wouldn’t be possible.
In addition to the above the advantage is that a more realistic replication of the real aircraft is possible, even if you don’t know what is authentic and what might not be authentic.

Q: Based on what is said above, how can we be sure we aren’t fooled with a fantasy version of the aircraft?

A: You can’t, but you can judge the module on its merits, match it against what’s publicly known and maybe someone with actual insight may leave a hint about how authentic it is or not. The same can be said for any military aircraft that is being modeled for a public flight simulator like DCS World, that’s the compromise all sides have to respect.

Q: What version of the aircraft will be simulated by the VEAO Typhoon module?

A: At release the VEAO Typhoon module will simulate the single seat variant of the aircraft at a standard equivalent to Block 5 as is in service with the British Royal Air Force.

Q: What is a Block 5 Typhoon?

A: As with many other military aircraft production of the Typhoon is split into multiple tranches, batches and blocks. Blocks herein represent the smallest production breakdown and can be described as capability baselines. Block 5 represents the last block of the Tranche 1 order. Block 5 is the final operating capability (FOC) standard. That means Block 5 Typhoons provide the level of capability and functionality laid out in the weapon system performance specification of this aircraft as stipulated in the development contract.

Q: What systems and capabilities does a Block 5 have?

A: Block 5 Typhoons are mainly optimized for air-to-air missions, with some basic air-to-ground capabilities. These aircraft feature the Captor-C radar utilizing a mechanically scanned planar array, the PIRATE infrared sensor, the Defensive Aids Sub-System, the HEA helmet mounted symbology system, the Multifunction Information Distribution System, Direct Voice Input etc.

Q: Will the VEAO Typhoon simulate all of the above systems?

A: The VEAO Typhoon will simulate most of these systems to varying degrees dependent the level of classification and limitations imposed by the DCS World engine. Some like DVI cannot be guaranteed at this point, but the VEAO team is looking at this. Some features might be subject to future updates of this module.

Q: What about weapons, which weapons will be available for the VEAO Typhoon?

A: The exact weapons fit has not been set in stone, but bear in mind that VEAO will only simulate weapons that are integrated on real Typhoon Block 5 aircraft in service with the RAF.

From public sources you can gather that weapons cleared for real Block 5 aircraft comprise the AIM-9L Sidewinder, ASRAAM and IRIS-T infrared guided short range air-to-air missiles (SRAAM), the A, B & C5 variants of the AIM-120 AMRAAM active radar guided medium range air-to-air missile (MRAAM), the internally housed Mauser Bk27 gun, 1000 lb class free fall bombs, UK Paveway II and GBU-16 1000 lb class laser guided bombs (LGBs), GBU-10 2000 lb class LGBs and Enhanced Paveway II dual-mode bombs with laser/GPS-guidance. In addition the aircraft is cleared for carriage of up to three 1000 l supersonic fuel tanks and the Rafael Litening 3 laser designator pod (LDP).

As mentioned before the VEAO Typhoon will simulate the aircraft as is in service with the RAF. That means weapons like the IRIS-T, GBU-10 or GBU-16 won’t be integrated. It can be confirmed that the EPW II won’t be integrated at this point either, but the team is looking at the possibility to implement the Paveway II and LDP. As development of air-to-ground capabilities hasn’t begun on behalf of the VEAO team time will show whether its implementation can be harmonized with the time scales envisaged. If not you’ll have to cope with an air-to-air only capable version of this aircraft. However, that doesn’t rule out the possibility of future additions.

Q: What about other weapons and system capabilities such as Meteor, Storm Shadow, the Captor-E AESA radar, thrust vectoring controls or conformal fuel tanks?

A: All of the above and others are capabilities not available on Block 5 Typhoons, most of them are not even integrated yet and subject to future upgrades, mainly for Tranche 2 & 3 aircraft, whereas Block 5 is Tranche 1.

Q: Will we see more advanced versions of the Typhoon from VEAO in the future?

A: The VEAO team keeps its options open, but there is no firm commitment to develop more advanced versions. The development of such versions would be dependent on a number of factors that cannot be entirely predicted at this point in time.

More News to the Front
#4141383 - 06/30/15 04:41 PM Re: New DCS planes: Typhoon +BAE Hawk [Re: Genbrien]  
scrim Offline
scrim  Offline

So a full fidelity, solely A-A fighter in DCS? Honestly, no thank you.

#4141384 - 06/30/15 04:43 PM Re: New DCS planes: Typhoon +BAE Hawk [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Looking forward to this one!

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4141441 - 06/30/15 07:05 PM Re: New DCS planes: Typhoon +BAE Hawk [Re: Genbrien]  
Rakowar Offline
Rakowar  Offline

Quote:
From public sources you can gather that weapons cleared for real Block 5 aircraft comprise....1000 lb class free fall bombs, UK Paveway II and GBU-16 1000 lb class laser guided bombs (LGBs), GBU-10 2000 lb class LGBs and Enhanced Paveway II dual-mode bombs with laser/GPS-guidance....

...As mentioned before the VEAO Typhoon will simulate the aircraft as is in service with the RAF. That means weapons like the IRIS-T, GBU-10 or GBU-16 won’t be integrated.

And yet...

Honestly, with no air to ground capability I certainly won't be buying the Typhoon.

*Sigh* Are we ever going to get a full fidelity modern multi-role fighter in DCSW? banghead

#4141457 - 06/30/15 07:46 PM Re: New DCS planes: Typhoon +BAE Hawk [Re: Genbrien]  
Eddie Offline
Registered Lunatic
Eddie  Offline
Registered Lunatic

To be fair to VEAO, the real jet doesn't have an A/G capability beyond a very austere, limited, interim one. As they rightly say, the A/G capability lies with the future of T2/T3 and even that is still being integrated. If they put out a Typhoon with A/G capability it'd be almost entirely fictional.

Lack of the A/G capability of the Blk 5 a/c isn't the reason I'd pick for not being interested in the DCS Typhoon, the almost guaranteed absence of many of the features that make Typhoon what it is however, is.

Last edited by Eddie; 06/30/15 07:47 PM.

Eddie

#4141462 - 06/30/15 07:54 PM Re: New DCS planes: Typhoon +BAE Hawk [Re: Genbrien]  
Silver_Dragon Offline
Silver_Dragon  Offline

Rakowar, that pic aircraft has a Uk EFA Trench 2 version.

If RAF only autorice to VEAO a tranche 1 Block 5, we can not expect anything else. The only alternative is that in the future, the RAF authorize a Tranch version 2 or something type of concession over the project to the develop VEAO team. Violating the contract or Unauthorized capabilities can mean the cancellation of the project, Cease and Demise order, a trial, a fine or jail.

More News to the Front
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.