Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#3984791 - 07/23/14 05:13 AM Re: So how do i deal with this guy..road rager, sh/t getting real [Re: Ajay]  
Harry-the-Ruskie Offline
Hotshot
Harry-the-Ruskie  Offline
Hotshot

Malaysia
Ajay,

I have to deal with idiots like these all the time. Malaysians are some of the worst in the World as regards to driving etiquette.

You are doing the right thing going to the fuzz and getting an official record. Last thing you want to do is taking matters into your own hand, escalating into a fistfight and worse.

If you are looking for a good economical dashcam consider the Mobius Action Cam.

It records in 1080p and had a long trackrecord of development in close cooperation with the rc community. The official thread is here and please note the official eBay sellers/resellers. Don't buy it from anyone else.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1904559

Good luck mate and take care.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3984988 - 07/23/14 06:09 PM Re: So how do i deal with this guy..road rager, sh/t getting real [Re: Ajay]  
Murphy Offline
Administrator
Murphy  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Northern Michigan, USA
Yeah Ajay, we call that "Documentation", and you'll need it if anything happens in the future. And it probably will. A dash cam would also be a very good idea, or at least carry your I-phone to film it, and put it on record, if you pass words.

So take the time, and stop by the local PD and make the report. It won't take but a few minutes, and may save you a whole lot of legal fee's and time in the can, if things escalate. And it appears they probably will. That guy is a psycho, and he'll remember you.

Remember I said this, because your going to wish you did, if you don't wink
If you're not concerned about yourself, think of the other guy who he gets....this will help if you have his plate number and make/model of vehicle, even a short desc of the driver. W/M/45 blk hair, mustache...etc.
Be nice if you could pick him out of a lineup of 5-7 other guys.
He might end up killing someone with his vehicle.

Happens all the time.

"I never thought it would happen to ME!"......lol....

Or....you could just keep driving and let the next guy worry about it...... wink
Your choice.

"Murphy's Law"
#3985017 - 07/23/14 06:53 PM Re: So how do i deal with this guy..road rager, sh/t getting real [Re: Ajay]  
Para_Bellum Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Para_Bellum  Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Hotshot

Germany
Never ever let yourself get dragged down to the same level as those idiots.

It's never worth it.

"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm

#3985083 - 07/23/14 09:12 PM Re: So how do i deal with this guy..road rager, sh/t getting real [Re: Ajay]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
oselisan
Unregistered

+1 for the dashcam

I got one back home. Hopefully my father kept it in the car and is using it. There's one psychological added value for the dashcam. Since you're recording and you know you're recording you're less likely to be an idiot yourself.

I found it out when I installed it. Was thinking, "ooh, camera's recording can work both ways. Gotta be a good boy!"

And I'm not denying it, I have that unfortunate tendency for uncontrollable rage.

#3985100 - 07/23/14 09:46 PM Re: So how do i deal with this guy..road rager, sh/t getting real [Re: Ajay]  
Billzilla Offline
Billzilla  Offline

Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Another vote for an in-car video camera.
I've had one in my cars for a while now (after a guy backed into my WRX at the lights. He could have claimed I ran into him but fortunately didn't, but I decided to have proof after that) and have caught on video some amazingly stupid crap.

The police will do exactly nothing when you show them the video though, they don't care.

Out of ammo
Out of energy
Out of ideas
Down to harsh language
#3985101 - 07/23/14 09:46 PM Re: So how do i deal with this guy..road rager, sh/t getting real [Re: Ajay]  
Mace71 Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Mace71  Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran

Darlington, UK.
I'd have done the same as you Ajay, and have on one occasion but just with my fists. 3 workmen in a van sounding their horn over and over as I was at a box junction waiting to turn right (you cannot pause in a box junction or get a ticket) so I got out and screamed at the driver to get out of the van, I even tried to open the door. They didn't move.

Sometimes dicks need their bluff to be called.

Antec 902 | Intel i7 920 2.66Ghz OC'd to 3.40GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 660 Black Knight 2048MB GDDR5 | Corsair 6GB DDR3 | Coolermaster V8 CPU Cooler | W7 64

"There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing." Aristotle
#3985136 - 07/23/14 10:53 PM Re: So how do i deal with this guy..road rager, sh/t getting real [Re: Billzilla]  
Murphy Offline
Administrator
Murphy  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Northern Michigan, USA
Originally Posted By: Billzilla
I've had one in my cars for a while now (after a guy backed into my WRX at the lights. He could have claimed I ran into him but fortunately didn't, but I decided to have proof after that) and have caught on video some amazingly stupid crap.

The police will do exactly nothing when you show them the video though, they don't care.

You take the film to court, and the judge will do something.

And ALL police are not the same. I see you have formed an opinion, and it encompasses ALL of one group of people.
I find that sad. And obviously not true. Many cases have been decided on filmed evidence. FACT.
Just like all drivers, are not the same.
All humans are not the same.

Facts.

Another 'fact', most cameras do not show the side view. Which is how a large amount of accidents happen, broadsides, the worst kind, other than head on's.

If your camera does not encompass the entire incident, it may be inadmissible in court.
Maybe why some police don't care about your camera.
I DON"T KNOW.....lol....

"Murphy's Law"
#3985144 - 07/23/14 11:07 PM Re: So how do i deal with this guy..road rager, sh/t getting real [Re: ]  
Wireman Offline
Lurker Extraordinaire
Wireman  Offline
Lurker Extraordinaire
Hotshot

The First State, USA
Originally Posted By: oselisan
There's one psychological added value for the dashcam. Since you're recording and you know you're recording you're less likely to be an idiot yourself.

I found it out when I installed it. Was thinking, "ooh, camera's recording can work both ways. Gotta be a good boy!"

You'll overcome that in time.

#3985202 - 07/24/14 02:25 AM Re: So how do i deal with this guy..road rager, sh/t getting real [Re: Ajay]  
Cali Offline
Military Advisor - USAF
Cali  Offline
Military Advisor - USAF

Davis-Monthan AFB, Az
Maybe not a good idea to stop and got out of your car, no telling who has a gun nowadays.

i5-2500k @ 3.3, Asus P8Z77-V LE mobo Windows 7 64-bit, 8GB 1866mhz
EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, Warthog, uber modded Cougar, TM Cougar MFD's, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard

#3985220 - 07/24/14 04:34 AM Re: So how do i deal with this guy..road rager, sh/t getting real [Re: Murphy]  
Billzilla Offline
Billzilla  Offline

Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Originally Posted By: Murphy
Originally Posted By: Billzilla

You take the film to court, and the judge will do something.

And ALL police are not the same. I see you have formed an opinion, and it encompasses ALL of one group of people.

So how do you 'take it to court'?
Are the legal proceedings done the same way here as in the US? Do you know?

My comments on the QPS (Queensland Police Force) are based on personal experience with them and also a lot of other people. Unless someone gets hurt, shot, etc, they almost always are just not interested in doing anything.
Is your experience with them the same?

Out of ammo
Out of energy
Out of ideas
Down to harsh language
#3985225 - 07/24/14 05:06 AM Re: So how do i deal with this guy..road rager, sh/t getting real [Re: Cali]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
oselisan
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Cali
Maybe not a good idea to stop and got out of your car, no telling who has a gun nowadays.

one of the reasons i'm eager to go back to my country. i found out how easy it is to get a gun back at home compared to other countries and that's the first thing on my to do list once i arrive.

#3985255 - 07/24/14 08:33 AM Re: So how do i deal with this guy..road rager, sh/t getting real [Re: Ajay]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
All i have done at this stage was the phone in and when i got home i wrote out all three experiences in s much detail as i could , included a google map screenshot and marked location of cars and a run through of the incidents so basic a child could understand it. More so if it does happen again then i am not relying on memory if i have to go to the police. I left fifteen minutes earlier and will do this for a couple of weeks. Once i go back to my regular time, if it happens again i will just straight to the cop shop and file a report. I put all of the stuff i did on a usb and have it in the glovebox.

This is the first two times he hassled me, it isn't much but i thought if i didn't do it last night while it was fresh then i would forget things.

Definitely won't be contemplating keeping a gun in the car biggrin I would be too tempted to start popping tyres in my daily commute just to get a clear lane wink

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#3985257 - 07/24/14 08:44 AM Re: So how do i deal with this guy..road rager, sh/t getting real [Re: Ajay]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Originally Posted By: Murphy
Yeah Ajay, we call that "Documentation", and you'll need it if anything happens in the future. And it probably will. A dash cam would also be a very good idea, or at least carry your I-phone to film it, and put it on record, if you pass words.

So take the time, and stop by the local PD and make the report. It won't take but a few minutes, and may save you a whole lot of legal fee's and time in the can, if things escalate. And it appears they probably will. That guy is a psycho, and he'll remember you.

Remember I said this, because your going to wish you did, if you don't wink
If you're not concerned about yourself, think of the other guy who he gets....this will help if you have his plate number and make/model of vehicle, even a short desc of the driver. W/M/45 blk hair, mustache...etc.
Be nice if you could pick him out of a lineup of 5-7 other guys.
He might end up killing someone with his vehicle.

Happens all the time.

"I never thought it would happen to ME!"......lol....

Cheers Murph, just read this. I really should go file the report, i have been thinking along the lines of...i wonder who else this guy hassles on the road. I wouldn't be able to identify him in a lineup, the first two times i was unsure if it was a guy or girl as i never got close enough to see, just a shape in a car from behind. Third time, i only briefly saw a ratty looking male mid twenties maybe, scruffy longish goatee, scrubby untrimmed face, beanie and a fluoro work shirt. Maybe if they did the lineup with five other shaved guys biggrin

Originally Posted By: Para_Bellum
Never ever let yourself get dragged down to the same level as those idiots.

It's never worth it.

Yeah..i know. I was really out of character, been a long time since someone pushed my buttons like that smile

cheers all for the advice.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#3985264 - 07/24/14 09:10 AM Re: So how do i deal with this guy..road rager, sh/t getting real [Re: Ajay]  
EAF331 MadDog Offline
XBL: LanceHawkins
EAF331 MadDog  Offline
XBL: LanceHawkins
Hotshot

Oslo, Norway
Originally Posted By: Ajay

When looking at this - remember that Ajay is from DownUnderLand where they drive on the wrong side of the road, so he's headed north on the map, and not south like most of us would assume from that side of the road wink

#3985279 - 07/24/14 10:40 AM Re: So how do i deal with this guy..road rager, sh/t getting real [Re: Ajay]  
mikew Offline
mikew  Offline

UK
That's a bit irrelevant since Ajay's opponent is travelling in the same direction and sneaking up behind in a rather unchivalrous manner.

The choice of weapons would traditionally decide which side of the road to drive on. For normal right-handed people, this would mean driving on the left with swords and on the right for lances.
With horseless carriages (which seem to be used in this case) it's actually better to drive on the left in both cases, as the lance can be better controlled through the driver's side window.

Anyway, this will depend on one of the combatants 'doing a U-ey' on Beaudesert Rd.

#3985333 - 07/24/14 01:25 PM Re: So how do i deal with this guy..road rager, sh/t getting real [Re: Ajay]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Ajay
I grab my jack handle from the rear floor as we are almost stopped and he sees this, cuts around me and takes off up the road.

I hope you were not planning on getting out because while a jack handle is a powerful weapon a Yaris has about a ton on your little jack handle.

#3985353 - 07/24/14 01:58 PM Re: So how do i deal with this guy..road rager, sh/t getting real [Re: Ajay]  
Jayhawk Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Jayhawk  Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot

Docking Bay 94
Should he start following you around in his car, calmly drive to the next police station. wink

Why men throw their lives away attacking an armed Witcher... I'll never know. Something wrong with my face?
#3985357 - 07/24/14 02:03 PM Re: So how do i deal with this guy..road rager, sh/t getting real [Re: Ajay]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
Ajay, come to think of it, this thread is a time stamped document of your experience.

#3985363 - 07/24/14 02:13 PM Re: So how do i deal with this guy..road rager, sh/t getting real [Re: Ajay]  
Haggart Offline
I Fought Diablo
Haggart  Offline
I Fought Diablo
Veteran

The Lone Star State
What you did wrong Ajay was to flash your lights at the guy. He got exactly what he wanted - a response from you.
Do you know his state of mind ? How about that Glock or AK-47 sitting in his front seat ? How long has he been out of the penitentiary ?

Don't respond to road rage nuts out there it might get you shot and killed.
Make a police report as stated previously and have a way to take video or photos in case of future incidents.

Man killed in road rage incident July 14th, 2014
nvestigators said a black Jeep Wrangler and a gold vehicle were heading westbound on Southeast Military Drive just before 7 p.m. Sunday, when an altercation of some sort occurred and shots were fired.

http://www.ksat.com/content/pns/ksat/new...identified.html

"everything lives by a law, a central balance sustains all"
#3985369 - 07/24/14 02:23 PM Re: So how do i deal with this guy..road rager, sh/t getting real [Re: Haggart]  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada
Originally Posted By: Haggart
What you did wrong Ajay was to flash your lights at the guy. He got exactly what he wanted - a response from you.
Do you know his state of mind ? How about that Glock or AK-47 sitting in his front seat ? How long has he been out of the penitentiary ?

Don't respond to road rage nuts out there it might get you shot and killed.
Make a police report as stated previously and have a way to take video or photos in case of future incidents.

As it isn't the USA, the likelihood of getting shot is rather remote.

There was only 16 squadrons of RAF fighters that used 100 octane during the BoB.
The Fw190A could not fly with the outer cannon removed.
There was no Fw190A-8s flying with the JGs in 1945.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.