Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#3984682 - 07/22/14 11:43 PM So how do i deal with this guy..road rager, sh/t getting real  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
A couple of weeks ago i was driving to work, near peak morning traffic and just coming to a slow down at an orange light..nearly red. This car , fairly well moving, zips in front of me, like comes across from left to right barely a foot from my front guard and runs the light, no indicator. Now i don't get jumpy or whatever when driving but this dude was moving and must have seen the gap and just planted it. After getting through the red light he had to jam his brakes so as to not plow into the stopped traffic. I was like pharkin' 'ell ! you idjit! and gave him a flash of my lights. Further up the road, he is in the opposite lane and as i come up on him i see him winding down his window. It's winter here atm and 6.45am is cold enough here in Brissy that you don't wind down your window. I guess he is going to have a go because i flashed my lights, don't know as my lane stops and he continues onthen peels off down another road.

Next day, same lights, exactly the same thing happens. I wasn't even thinking about it until he flashed across the front of my car again. You got to be joking. Same deal, he just misses my car , making it sway a little as he rockets past, and beeps his horn. No way this is isn't on purpose. I don't bother flashing,just sit there thinking what a tool this guy is.

Fast forward to this morning.

Coming down one of the main back feeder roads, doubles lanes either way. It's a 70 zone, everyone does 80 down here except for the spots were we know the cops hang out. We are coming up to one over the brow of a hill and are doing spot on 70. I am sitting behind a 4B, four or so car lengths back when i spot this guy way back in my rear view. Easy car to see, red current model Yaris with white 'boy racer ' stripes. He is coming up well over 80k's and hour. I slip into the opposite lane and sit right on the corner of the 4B.

Yaris boy zooms up and sits right on my a@@, not a couple of feet back, soclose i can hardly see his bonnet. I see red, shouldn't have. I speed up a tad to get about two feet between us and hit the anchors, hard. He Does as well and has to dive into the next lane to avoid, i keep slowing, wind down my window and tell him to ' Please don't do that' in the harshest way possible, he is shouting out like a maniac so i dodge at him, not just dart across and dart back, but fully make him have to avoid me and slow.I then start slowing us both down by blocking his lane. I grab my jack handle from the rear floor as we are almost stopped and he sees this, cuts around me and takes off up the road.

Now, i don't do this sort of stuff, but i saw red and totally lost my cool with this tool. Sort of blew me out. So do i just let it all slide and totally avoid him, we are meeting at similar times on the road it seems , give or take ten or fifteen. I can't change my route or my time. I thought about ringing the cops, got his rego, but i don't want to waste my time with them as sfa would more than likely happen unless something actually went down. I don't have a gopro which would be awesome,just a cheapo android phone so i probably couldn't film him if it continues either.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3984685 - 07/22/14 11:47 PM Re: So how do i deal with this guy..road rager, sh/t getting real [Re: Ajay]  
Stormtrooper Offline
Lifer
Stormtrooper  Offline
Lifer

Call the cops and see if you can setup a sting. Tell them what he's been doing and what stretch of road it's on. GoPro?

#3984687 - 07/23/14 12:00 AM Re: So how do i deal with this guy..road rager, sh/t getting real [Re: Ajay]  
piper Offline
Veteran
piper  Offline
Veteran

Raleigh,NC
You've never seen the movie, Mad Max?-)

Spend $200 on a beater car. Spot the dude, jump in front and slam the brakes. More damage to his than yours,
and when the cops come it's his fault.

Oh, and hold your neck when the cops come. Cheap lawyer will sue the crap out of his insurance co.

#3984688 - 07/23/14 12:04 AM Re: So how do i deal with this guy..road rager, sh/t getting real [Re: Ajay]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
I think Stormtrooper's right. At least let them know what's been happening with said vehicle in case they can have officers keeping an eye on that area and try to play it cool from here on out doing everything as safe as you can.

I made a booboo myself a few weeks ago. It was raining and I believe there was a miscommunication of actions on both me and another driver. Getting irritated at what I perceived as lack of cooperation on the road so that both of us could end up where I thought each of us wanted to be I sped up out of emotion to get around him and majorly fish tailed in a bad way to get in the lane. He passed me honking and I honked back out of irritation and embarrassment. Had there been an accident it would have been my fault. Didn't mean for it to happen that way, its just one of those goofy road moments that don't work out and escalate to unsafe, emotion based mistakes. It was my mistake and God help me I never want to have that happen again. I'd rather do my best, keep my head and be slow and safe rather than to loose my cool again.

I'd report it though to some degree and maybe just let a family member or friend aware of where you are at on the road at certain times of day just so that you are not alone in dealing with this and that someone else has a heads up. Hopefully the turd has it out of his system and you won't have to deal with it again. If you continue to play it cool and drive by the book and it happens a third time, then there's no question that you should alert your police.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#3984690 - 07/23/14 12:08 AM Re: So how do i deal with this guy..road rager, sh/t getting real [Re: Ajay]  
oldgrognard Online content
Administrator
oldgrognard  Online Content
Administrator
Lifer

USA
Report it to the police. It establishes a record for the future. Always helps to have some documentation on your side.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
#3984694 - 07/23/14 12:20 AM Re: So how do i deal with this guy..road rager, sh/t getting real [Re: Ajay]  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada
Had that happen this AM.

Single lane goes to 2 lane after passing thru the intersection. There is a PU truck in front off me coming off the lights, so when he does doesn't get in the left lane I move there (left lane turns into a left turn lane). A car in a hurry is coming up from behind the PU truck and I am beside the truck but slowly falling back (speed limit 60kph but most do 70-80kph). As soon as he sees a bit of a gap he turns into the left lane almost going over the dividing line and colliding with a car coming the other direction. I backed of when I saw his stunt beginning, but if I hadn't would have clipped his left corner and possibly caused a roll over. He makes the left turn and then a right into a gas station.

The kicker was he was in a hurry to get to the gas station. If he had followed the PU truck he would have been filling his car by the time he pulled up to the pumps instead of going in the back way.

Young punk, trying to impress the female in the car???

Just shook the head and kept driving, thinking Darwin will have another someday.

There was only 16 squadrons of RAF fighters that used 100 octane during the BoB.
The Fw190A could not fly with the outer cannon removed.
There was no Fw190A-8s flying with the JGs in 1945.
#3984697 - 07/23/14 12:37 AM Re: So how do i deal with this guy..road rager, sh/t getting real [Re: Ajay]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
It can be maddening. I saw this dickhead teenager, with his girlfriend in his Mommy's car passing 5 cars, still in the wrong lane and missed a head on with a guy on a motorcycle, I mean inches. I followed the stupid prick . I had my wife and kids in the car too. followed him about 5 km to a mall parking lot, I was going up and down the parking aisles slowly, I was going to box his car in and call the cops. He did a double back on me and drove away. He's lucky, I was furious, he almost killed a guy in his late 40's to 50's on that motorcycle.

#3984699 - 07/23/14 12:40 AM Re: So how do i deal with this guy..road rager, sh/t getting real [Re: Ajay]  
Stormtrooper Offline
Lifer
Stormtrooper  Offline
Lifer

Something like this is what i had in mind

#3984701 - 07/23/14 12:45 AM Re: So how do i deal with this guy..road rager, sh/t getting real [Re: Ajay]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
On another note, I cut a guy off a few years back, totally my fault, I was tired (shift work) coming up to a set of lights , at the last second I decided to go into the left turn lane ( I was in my 4x4 dakota) I ended up cutting off this guy in his Civic. Early 20's, bigger than me too. Well he is enraged and follows me, rolls down his windows and is yelling #%&*$# at me, like "are you stupid "#%&*$# like that, I just keep driving, he doesn't stop. OK, I'm getting pissed now, I roll down my passenger window and yell WHAT ? WHAT ARE GOING TO DO ? CHASE ME ALL OVER TOWN ? #%&*$# OFF." he looked taken back, and that ended that. ( I've been told more than once that i am menacing looking) I know I was wrong, but I wasn't about to apologize to a maniac either.

#3984704 - 07/23/14 12:52 AM Re: So how do i deal with this guy..road rager, sh/t getting real [Re: Ajay]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
To answer AJay's question, I would call the cops, give him the plate number, like another poster said, it's good to create a history that the cops can fall back on. I would watch for the dick, and not give him an inch of road.

#3984726 - 07/23/14 02:11 AM Re: So how do i deal with this guy..road rager, sh/t getting real [Re: Ajay]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Thanks chaps, haven't lost my cool like that in years, i can restrain myself very well normally. I have told a few guys at work the story from start to finish so they know the deal. I will just play dumb with him from now on and ignore him, i might report his plate at least so there is a reference if he keeps it up.

Annoying.

Cheers again smile

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#3984733 - 07/23/14 02:27 AM Re: So how do i deal with this guy..road rager, sh/t getting real [Re: Ajay]  
arthur666 Offline
Pitbull Tickler
arthur666  Offline
Pitbull Tickler

NC, USA
Hey Ajay! I think you have the right attitude, being self-aware when you are in fact losing your cool.

I agree to report him to the cops. Chances are, others have too by now. Just remember: you're cool; he's a d1ck with personal problems.

System Vitals: Intel i5 9600, RTX2060, 16GB DDR3000(OC), Win10 Home 64bit, Saitek X-52, Logitech G27
Current Sims: MSFS2020, Assetto Corsa, StrikeFighters2, IL2:BoS etc, Arma3, American Truck Simulator, SnowRunner
#3984740 - 07/23/14 03:01 AM Re: So how do i deal with this guy..road rager, sh/t getting real [Re: Ajay]  
Darklight Offline
Darklight  Offline

Brisbane
This is just par for the course in QLD isnt it? I pretty much see drivers like this every day. Most drivers are fine obviously, but the number of dickheads on the road is unbelievable. Its often people on their green Ps too.

Get a cheap (<= $60) dashcam from ebay (do a bit of research so you get a decent model), record funny business, then take footage to the police. You may want to put a dashcam on your rear window too.

Storm Clouds over the Western Front - 2D aerial combat game
#3984746 - 07/23/14 03:16 AM Re: So how do i deal with this guy..road rager, sh/t getting real [Re: Ajay]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Well i ended up calling the fuzz maaaan ! They said it is very worrying as he is picking me out and not the usual type of incident that gets phoned in. I need to go in a file a report though, might roll in this afternoon and do it. Has inspired me to think about a dashcam though.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#3984752 - 07/23/14 03:31 AM Re: So how do i deal with this guy..road rager, sh/t getting real [Re: Ajay]  
WolfDancer Offline
WolfDancer  Offline

Ontario, Canada
Conflict Resolution Russian Style: LiveLeak thumbsup

War is the continuation of natural selection by other means.
#3984756 - 07/23/14 03:36 AM Re: So how do i deal with this guy..road rager, sh/t getting real [Re: Ajay]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
Ajay, for the next while I would leave 15 min earlier, and just avoid the stress AND bs, have breakfast at work, or stop somewhere after your paths cross. Guy sounds like a nut job. AVOID.

#3984759 - 07/23/14 03:39 AM Re: So how do i deal with this guy..road rager, sh/t getting real [Re: WangoTango]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Originally Posted By: WangoTango
Ajay, for the next while I would leave 15 min earlier, and just avoid the stress AND bs, have breakfast at work, or stop somewhere after your paths cross. Guy sounds like a nut job. AVOID.

Yeah..like i need an extra fifteen minutes here biggrin But seriously, this is what i will do for a while, i don't need this sort of petty drama in my day to day.

cheers.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#3984762 - 07/23/14 03:42 AM Re: So how do i deal with this guy..road rager, sh/t getting real [Re: WangoTango]  
JimK Offline
Veteran
JimK  Offline
Veteran

Spokane,WA
Originally Posted By: WangoTango

Agree, 100%, he is looking for an excuse to get you out of your car. Avoid it. Timing is everything. Your not
being coward for avoiding a nut job, he simply target another in his time frame. You are it right now Andy.
Avoid it, early is easy.

Erebus Full Tower:Windows 7 Ult 64bit:Intel� Core� i7
3930K Processor(6x 3.20GHz)32GB[4 GB X8] DDR3-1866:GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan 6GB:1.5Kw PSU: 43" Sceptre 4k:
LG Blu-ray burner,: hd1/750GB,hd2/2TB,hd3/1TB,hd4/1TB,HD5/4TB

Youtube videos
Flickr Photos
#3984779 - 07/23/14 04:37 AM Re: So how do i deal with this guy..road rager, sh/t getting real [Re: Ajay]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
No, not being a coward at all. Being smart. A split second bad idea, next thing you know you're calling your wife for bail.

#3984782 - 07/23/14 04:51 AM Re: So how do i deal with this guy..road rager, sh/t getting real [Re: Ajay]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Grab whatever you have that looks like a video camera and set it up on the back window, real obvious.
Have a regular camera ready when he comes around and take a shot of him and his tag, if you can without causing an accident.
Sounds like you've taken the right steps so far though. Document, document, document. Keep your own log of incidents with the guy, record date, time, location and a description.
Often it can come down to who has the better notes to prove a case.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.