Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
#3974419 - 06/29/14 06:31 AM Re: EECH 1.15.2 update available ***** [Re: thealx]  
thealx Offline
thealx  Offline

Quote:
COMM_MAN: Server Version No. 1919252047, Client Version No. 271

this one happens when some value (like position, timers or velocity etc.) overflow it's limit available for saving. most important here not crash itself, but saving process - debug exe (or cohokum exe with debug_log enabled) will catch problem value. most valuable will be previous save that successfully saved - I will be able to replicate this situation, are you using "saves_copies" feature?

Quote:
ASSERT current_face_index_offset < ( number_of_surface_points * NUMBER_OF_INDICES_PER_SLOT_FACTOR ) (J:\EECH\git\eech-view2master\modules\3d\3dobjvb.c:1838)

it's AH1-Z cockpit rendering issue. I didn't tried to fix it because it works without problem in commercial build.

#3974542 - 06/29/14 03:06 PM Re: EECH 1.15.2 update available [Re: thealx]  
Reticuli Offline
Reticuli  Offline

Dayton, OH, USA
Originally Posted By: thealx
Quote:
COMM_MAN: Server Version No. 1919252047, Client Version No. 271

this one happens when some value (like position, timers or velocity etc.) overflow it's limit available for saving. most important here not crash itself, but saving process - debug exe (or cohokum exe with debug_log enabled) will catch problem value. most valuable will be previous save that successfully saved - I will be able to replicate this situation, are you using "saves_copies" feature?

Quote:
ASSERT current_face_index_offset < ( number_of_surface_points * NUMBER_OF_INDICES_PER_SLOT_FACTOR ) (J:\EECH\git\eech-view2master\modules\3d\3dobjvb.c:1838)

it's AH1-Z cockpit rendering issue. I didn't tried to fix it because it works without problem in commercial build.

I'm not using saves copies feature. I didn't know about that. I will turn it on. Thanks.

I'm confused by what you mean by "commercial build".

---

I also noticed ground units aren't maneuvering much. Is sleep or rest or repair periods possibly responsible for units staying put?

Are groups of infantry supposed to fight back. They just stood there as I attack them. I was able to go rearm, come back, and they were still there, hadn't retreated, and again didn't fight back.

On the artillery, is there a campaign where I can test calling in artillery? I'm wondering if terrain is obstructing shots and that's why they're never getting done.

The term "necroposting" was invented by a person with no social memory beyond a year. People with a similar hangup are those o.k. with the internet being transient vapor.

http://www.openfuelstandard.org/2011/12/methanol-wins-open-wager.html

Saitek X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

http://library.avsim.net/register.php

X52 + Silicone Grease = JOY stick
#3974552 - 06/29/14 03:35 PM Re: EECH 1.15.2 update available [Re: thealx]  
thealx Offline
thealx  Offline

Quote:
I'm confused by what you mean by "commercial build".

it's COHOKUM.EXE

Quote:
I also noticed ground units aren't maneuvering much

they even called in the code "routed vehicles". they moving from point A to point B and waiting until death.

Quote:
Are groups of infantry supposed to fight back

I don't know. they got weapons, but I decide to not include magitek's infantry mod that creates patrols everywhere because it's too raw and I had no time to make any tests. I think it's possible to make them attack soft targets by fixing GWUT parameters (GROUP and TASK sections). I'm planning to finish aggressive infantry and make side gunners for helis at one time.

Quote:
On the artillery, is there a campaign where I can test calling in artillery? I'm wondering if terrain is obstructing shots and that's why they're never getting done.

artillery has no LOS check if range more than 5 or 8 km (don't remember), so terrain shouldn't be a problem (sometimes shells can't reach target and hit hills). most of the time they are reloading - vehicles has unlimited ammo, but than less ammo has group than more time delay value. when I checked code and it looks ok I made several tries and accidentally get positive answer on my request for support, but I don't remember what map was that.

#3974567 - 06/29/14 04:53 PM Re: EECH 1.15.2 update available [Re: thealx]  
Reticuli Offline
Reticuli  Offline

Dayton, OH, USA
I get positive answers too sometimes, but the shots never come. It appeared to create BAI missions.

I assume you guys dumped/modded the Scout Comanche for/to the Kiowa, correct? Because I don't see the scout one present and any time I go back into a mission later with the Comanche, it has the wing stubs back on. Do those wing stubs lower the stealth even if no hard points are attached? Opening the bay doors and the gear also each individually increases radar cross section as well, right?

The term "necroposting" was invented by a person with no social memory beyond a year. People with a similar hangup are those o.k. with the internet being transient vapor.

Saitek X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

#3974587 - 06/29/14 05:52 PM Re: EECH 1.15.2 update available [Re: thealx]  
thealx Offline
thealx  Offline

Quote:
Because I don't see the scout one present and any time I go back into a mission later with the Comanche, it has the wing stubs back on

Comanche has now stub wings for recon missions by default, or you talking about some specific situation?

Quote:
Do those wing stubs lower the stealth even if no hard points are attached? Opening the bay doors and the gear also each individually increases radar cross section as well

with stub wings attached Comanche has no stealth bonus. without wings raised gears decrease stealth factor 50%, closed bay doors 35%. can't say how correct calculations are, maybe it's just a linear modifier of recognition range but not RCS.

#3974639 - 06/29/14 07:49 PM Re: EECH 1.15.2 update available [Re: thealx]  
Reticuli Offline
Reticuli  Offline

Dayton, OH, USA
I thought there was a Comanche "Scout" -- as in scout-only -- version in EECH that had no radar and no stub wings and was listed in groups on the map screen under "Scout". Now we have Kiowa's listed under scout, but no Comanche pure scout helos. The only Comanche I see is under Scout/Attack. Am I remembering incorrectly?

If I remove the external stores in the loadout screen, the wings disappear. If I save, exit, and come back into the saved game the stub wings are back on that Comanche. Considering there seems to be either no stealth on the Comanche right now or it often does not seem to be working, I'm thinking the stub wings might not be showing but the aircraft is still being treated by the sim as if it has them.

I'm also still having issues with objects showing up in the helmet display's FLIR, but not in the FLIR sensor due to fog effects or something. You can't automatically detect objects unless you have used the radar first or are very close to them.

Finally, do the navigation lights on the AI aircraft increase detection probability?

#3974651 - 06/29/14 08:19 PM Re: EECH 1.15.2 update available [Re: thealx]  
thealx Offline
thealx  Offline

Quote:
I thought there was a Comanche "Scout" -- as in scout-only -- version in EECH that had no radar and no stub wings and was listed in groups on the map screen under "Scout"

I know nothing about it. in 1.15 Comanche already had radar and attachable stub wings whatever objectives are.

Quote:
Considering there seems to be either no stealth on the Comanche right now

now I see. looks like some bug with helicopter initialization at game loading. both stealth calculation and visual model rendering uses same function to check stub wings state, so after loading it looses stealth bonus indeed.

Quote:
I'm also still having issues with objects showing up in the helmet display's FLIR, but not in the FLIR sensor due to fog effects or something

screenshots will be useful, there is a lot of problems with rendering, can't say what exactly you talking about.

Quote:
Finally, do the navigation lights on the AI aircraft increase detection probability?

I think they not.

#3974675 - 06/29/14 09:04 PM Re: EECH 1.15.2 update available [Re: thealx]  
Reticuli Offline
Reticuli  Offline

Dayton, OH, USA

Quote:
I'm also still having issues with objects showing up in the helmet display's FLIR, but not in the FLIR sensor due to fog effects or something

screenshots will be useful, there is a lot of problems with rendering, can't say what exactly you talking about.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3963449/Re:_EECH_1.15.2_update_availab#Post3963449

Pretty similar to this, just sometimes the PNVS/NV FLIR even being on isn't enough. It's like the haze is too intrusive. I get that FLIR should be more faint at longer ranges (though admittedly fire, explosions, muzzle flashes, and tracers should be blooming, which they're not), but for some reason on the sensor FLIR it's either totally opaque or too obscuring sooner than the helmet. I have the ranges in the ini maxed on both. Is it possibly an issue of reduced contrast on some EO/FLIR mod that is presenting as an apparent complete absence of objects too early at longer ranges?

And I don't know if cheats-to-off is affecting anything, but auto detect on EO/FLIR/DTV is really bad and usually doesn't kick in unless I'm hitting Next Target to prompt it or something. The copilot alerts me and I have to hit next target in the FLIR for it to work, and of course at rather closer ranges than is safe. If I manually detect (i.e. pass the sensor crosshair over the object(s)) when ground stabilized or use the radar briefly, then it seems to be catalogued and I can flip between targets, but then the enemy supernaturally responds to me with instantaneous response time and perfect directionality.

Speaking of targets, radar previous and next targets seem to be doing the same thing. If you skip over an Enemy Sam, you have to cycle back through all the targets regardless of which key you use. I even checked my X65 profile and I did have them mapped properly.

Quote:
[quote]Considering there seems to be either no stealth on the Comanche right now

now I see. looks like some bug with helicopter initialization at game loading. both stealth calculation and visual model rendering uses same function to check stub wings state, so after loading it looses stealth bonus indeed.

O.k, that's one bug, obviously. But you're certain that 100% of the time when the wing stubs are temporarily not present but the sim still thinks it's a scout/attack Comanche that the LO characteristics are preserved until you re-enter the sim and the wing stubs re-appear?

Also, you mentioned 35% when the bay doors are open. Do you mean you have a 50% reduction in radar detectability in the wingless Comanche that switches to a 35% reduction when open OR to 35% total detectability when open OR you get 35% less detection than 50% (85% total) without wings and with the bay doors closed?

I assume IR signature reduction is not compromised when the wings or bay doors come into play, but what about with an engine fire?

Does the sim model auditory detection by infantry, lite vehicles, etc?

#3975579 - 07/01/14 05:29 PM Re: EECH 1.15.2 update available [Re: thealx]  
thealx Offline
thealx  Offline

Reticuli, are you talking about mode without cockpit graphics only? if so - it wasn't updated for long time and I missed it too, noticed that everything is wrong only after you posted that screens. screen with FLIR is just green NV for example, so it's pointless to discuss issues that caused by mess in the scripts for different cockpit rendering. if not - I need more screens, info about weather conditions etc. because both objects visibility and targets recognition works fine for me (in reasonable limits at least).

Quote:
Also, you mentioned 35% when the bay doors are open. Do you mean you have a 50% reduction in radar detectability in the wingless Comanche that switches to a 35% reduction when open OR to 35% total detectability when open OR you get 35% less detection than 50% (85% total) without wings and with the bay doors closed?

are you serious?))
wings presents OR both bay opened and gears retracted comanche has no stealth advantage
without wings, gears retracted, bay opened stealth modifier value 0.5,
without wings, gears extended, bay closed stealth modifier value 0.65,
without wings, gears retracted, bay closed stealth modifier value 0.15

Quote:
I assume IR signature reduction is not compromised when the wings or bay doors come into play, but what about with an engine fire?

there is no temperature calculations, even synthetic.

Quote:
Does the sim model auditory detection by infantry, lite vehicles, etc?

don't know, but it's unlikely.

Last edited by thealx; 07/03/14 03:15 AM.
#3976164 - 07/03/14 12:15 AM Re: EECH 1.15.2 update available [Re: thealx]  
Reticuli Offline
Reticuli  Offline

Dayton, OH, USA
Retracted and raised usually mean the same thing in English when talking landing gear. I assume you mean "retracted" as gear up, and "raised" as gear down or extended. Thanks.

#3976203 - 07/03/14 03:17 AM Re: EECH 1.15.2 update available [Re: thealx]  
thealx Offline
thealx  Offline

yeah, you are right.

#3976230 - 07/03/14 07:14 AM Re: EECH 1.15.2 update available [Re: thealx]  
Reticuli Offline
Reticuli  Offline

Dayton, OH, USA
Is there any value to quickly closing the bay doors after launching, or is that pretty much giving your position away, so it doesn't matter? I notice that the time to impact data disappears when you do that, so there's some incentive to keep them open. But I don't know if detection is instantaneous and continuous, or if it's delayed and/or can be broken or interrupted.

#3976253 - 07/03/14 10:33 AM Re: EECH 1.15.2 update available [Re: thealx]  
Viper1970 Offline
Viper1970  Offline

Bavaria, near Munich
Many thanks for your very detailed answer. I will test the things you told. Unfortunately I haven't had much time for flying. I had much trouble in my relationship. banghead No it's over..., more time for flying thumbsup

Last edited by V1970; 07/03/14 10:37 AM.

CockpitPC1: Ryzen9 5950X|64GB DDR4|512GB M2 SSD|2TB M2 SSD|Geforce RTX3090|Reverb G2|Win11Pro
CockpitPC2: PhenomII X6 1100T|32GB DDR2|2x 2TB HDD|2x Geforce GTX660 SLI|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC1: Ryzen9 3900XT|32GB DDR4|2x 2TB HDD|Geforce RTX2070|Win11 Pro
ComUnitPC2: PhenomII X6 1100T|16GB DDR2|2x 2TB HDD|Geforce GTX660|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC3: AthlonII X2 250|2GB DDR2|2TB HDD|Geforce 5950Ultra|2x VoodooII SLI|WinXPPro32&WinME
ComUnitPC4: K6-2+|768MB SDR|640GB HDD|Geforce 256DDR|VoodooI|Win98SE
#3976260 - 07/03/14 11:14 AM Re: EECH 1.15.2 update available [Re: thealx]  
SimonAlonso Offline
SimonAlonso  Offline

spain
Does Magitec have an infantry mod?
I didn't know nothing about it.
Can I have it, I would like to test it.
Thanks

#3976466 - 07/03/14 07:03 PM Re: EECH 1.15.2 update available [Re: Viper1970]  
thealx Offline
thealx  Offline

Quote:
Is there any value to quickly closing the bay doors after launching, or is that pretty much giving your position away, so it doesn't matter?

I think if you was spotted nothing will help you to hide again. but it's just game experience, right now I have no time to analyze source code, maybe there are some ticks.

Originally Posted By: V1970
No it's over..., more time for flying thumbsup

it was wise decision - choose EECH! biggrin biggrin biggrin

Quote:
Does Magitec have an infantry mod?

yes, but it's on early testing stage. I can make test version with his infantry changes and current troops weapons (in his version they are shooting from 12.7mm, dangerous fellas) but I can't say when it will be ready.

#3977009 - 07/05/14 04:42 PM Re: EECH 1.15.2 update available [Re: thealx]  
SKIP2008 Offline
SKIP2008  Offline

ITALY
Hi, a little update to the current GWUT1152:
Increased power output for AH64A/D and uh60L, AGM114K Hellfire II updated to the K2A version(HEAT with external blast fragmentation sleeve), TOW updated to the F version (increased armor penetration capability and max range) and increased radar capabilities for AH64D and KA52.

http://speedy.sh/YaG9j/GWUT1152.CSV

#3977029 - 07/05/14 06:51 PM Re: EECH 1.15.2 update available [Re: SKIP2008]  
Reticuli Offline
Reticuli  Offline

Dayton, OH, USA
I really like how difficult it is to make it up mountains without further modifications. That's one of the reasons for the Apache E's engine upgrades. Otherwise they're like a lumbering RV at those altitudes and you have to go through the valleys preferably. It also forces you to utilize translational lift and/or ground effect when climbing and not to waste torque by doing so either in a hover or at very high speed. And of course there's real benefit to reducing fuel weight and carrying less ordinance. The fact you cannot hover in a fully-loaded Hind makes me think thealx may have nailed the air lift values, even if it is a lot more work to fly.

Originally Posted By: SKIP2008
Hi, a little update to the current GWUT1152:
Increased power output for AH64A/D and uh60L, AGM114K Hellfire II updated to the K2A version(HEAT with external blast fragmentation sleeve), TOW updated to the F version (increased armor penetration capability and max range) and increased radar capabilities for AH64D and KA52.

http://speedy.sh/YaG9j/GWUT1152.CSV

Anyone know of a way to increase the range allowed for transmitting recon data?

#3977208 - 07/06/14 01:27 PM Re: EECH 1.15.2 update available [Re: Reticuli]  
thealx Offline
thealx  Offline

Originally Posted By: Reticuli

[WAYPOINTS] / 21 Recon / hc_action_radius (current value 2000)

#3977225 - 07/06/14 02:44 PM Re: EECH 1.15.2 update available [Re: thealx]  
Reticuli Offline
Reticuli  Offline

Dayton, OH, USA
Originally Posted By: Reticuli

[WAYPOINTS] / 21 Recon / hc_action_radius (current value 2000)

Cool, thanks man. Are there any explanations for the non-weapons portion of the GWUT anywhere?

Any chance we'll ever get brake pedal axis assignments?

#3977233 - 07/06/14 03:00 PM Re: EECH 1.15.2 update available [Re: thealx]  
thealx Offline
thealx  Offline

there is some comments in the code, never saw proper explanations anywhere.

of course it can be done someday, if we not talking about probability percentage =)
are US helicopters has separated wheel brakes in real? on my opinion they useless because tail rotor make turns much easier.

Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.