Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3962782 - 06/04/14 06:43 PM Multiplayer ?  
Powerstomp Offline
Powerstomp  Offline

East Coast / USA
___ It's been years since I've played. I'm looking to get back into the game. I used to host alot back in 2006 with version 1.6.2W3T2. Back when you had to goto a website and write down the posted IP address of the host ,then manually type it in to join. I've spent the last week reading up on all the latest versions ,bugs ,etc.

___ I've also installed (from scratch) version 1.15.0 along with the maps ,terrain ,& smoke patches.
I've noticed the new in-game "Multiplayer" server list. I have'nt tried hosting yet ,as I've been spending time just refreshing my skills on flying , and getting used to everything again first.
(Waiting before I install the new 1.15.2 patch)

___ But I have yet to see any servers listed for the few days I've been playing. I figured there was just no-one playing or either the master server that the game uses to show the list of current game servers was down.

__ I looked through the EECH.INI file and noticed there are two master servers listed.

The primary : hoxdna.org
The secondary : eech.dhs.org
I typed these into the web browser out of curiosity. One says "Our servers are too busy to handle your request" while the other just doesn't exist. I don't know if this means they are down or just specifically designed for the game to respond to.

My question is : Is anyone out there playing ,and if so , have you played multiplayer with a friend recently ? I read that when a player is playing ,his game is automatically posted on the in-game server list.
Is this still working ? I don't have a friend that can check to see if I'm actually appearing on the server list as I'm playing.

(I changed the usemaster=0 to usemaster=1 in the EECH.INI file ,so it would report my game to the master server.)
(Don't know why it was set on 0 by default ,but it's good for everyone to know ,if they want their game to be posted ,they must change this)

( This is not a bug report. I will post those on the specified bug Report Thread)

Eagerly awaiting ..... Thank you,
Powerstomp smile2

#3962848 - 06/04/14 08:15 PM Re: Multiplayer ? [Re: Powerstomp]  
Staniol Offline
Staniol  Offline

Hungary
it would be great to fly with huge number of players in the dynamic campaign environment of EECH, but as far as I remember, even 2-3 player coop had issues.
I must admit, I did not try it for the last 4 years, but I assume none of the improvements touched the mp code.

Freedom of speech is our birth right, but the privilege of being heard needs to be gained.
#3962855 - 06/04/14 08:26 PM Re: Multiplayer ? [Re: Powerstomp]  
thealx Offline
thealx  Offline

there are was several weapon fixes and minor stability changes. I just played a while "with myself" with two game copies launched, can't say it's amazing to play like a client but at least it's playable. I didn't test any global network features, can't say should it work or not.

#3962883 - 06/04/14 09:09 PM Re: Multiplayer ? [Re: Staniol]  
Powerstomp Offline
Powerstomp  Offline

East Coast / USA
Originally Posted By: Staniol
it would be great to fly with huge number of players in the dynamic campaign environment of EECH, but as far as I remember, even 2-3 player coop had issues.
I must admit, I did not try it for the last 4 years, but I assume none of the improvements touched the mp code.

In the recent reading I've done, I have noticed quite a few bugs, especially in the recent updates. Don't get me wrong .... I greatly appreciate all the hard work these people do in updating EECH and reaching for a higher level of gameplay and appearance. But ,in response to your reply : Back in 2006 ,using Version 1.6.2W3T2 and preceding versions, I hosted and played with more than 6 players simultaneously without a single glitch ,crash ,or disconnection. Even though I had to post the IP on a website & clients had to type it in manually to join. Which I would'nt mind doing again , if necessary. But even that website is gone.

It was a blast !
Not only coop ,but some clients were on red and some on blue. We would kill the AI as well as each other.

____ And I'm looking forward to getting this game back into a big multiplayer festival.
Hopefully , the multiplayer side of EECH will get the attention and priority it deserves.

I was thrilled to see that they have upgraded to an in-game server list. I just hope it's still working.

________________________Powerstomp smile2

#3962920 - 06/04/14 10:00 PM Re: Multiplayer ? [Re: Powerstomp]  
Reticuli Offline
Reticuli  Offline

Dayton, OH, USA
I was also curious if there's EE Multiplayer going down anywhere. I'm up for it when the community considers the current build's stability is good enough. I have never done EE multiplayer.

The term "necroposting" was invented by a person with no social memory beyond a year. People with a similar hangup are those o.k. with the internet being transient vapor.

http://www.openfuelstandard.org/2011/12/methanol-wins-open-wager.html

Saitek X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

http://library.avsim.net/register.php

X52 + Silicone Grease = JOY stick
#3963361 - 06/05/14 08:50 PM Re: Multiplayer ? [Re: Reticuli]  
ukSleek Offline
ukSleek  Offline

England
A few years ago we were able to connect and fly with Hamachi http://hamachi.en.softonic.com/

Be Good..Be Strong..;)

#3964451 - 06/08/14 12:51 AM Re: Multiplayer ? [Re: Powerstomp]  
Powerstomp Offline
Powerstomp  Offline

East Coast / USA
_________ Confirmed !_________

Both master servers that EECH uses to provide the Multiplayer in-game list are down!

__After finding someone to do a trial and error connection test , I was able to determine that players must contact each other via messenger ,email , or other means , so that the host can give his IP address to the client or clients who wish to join. The clients must then type the IP address into the TCP/IP field in the EECH multiplayer option screen to join.( just like the good old days )

I know this sounds like alot to go through ,but until the master server goes back up, or a new one is created ,this is the only way multiplayer is currently possible for EECH.
I can tell you . . . It's worth it. I had a blast playing with another forum member a few hours ago.

___ The connection was a complete success. The gameplay was also pretty stable. (v1.15.0)
______ I would like to thank Snachito for helping me with all the multiplayer testing with the current version and mods.

Anyone who wishes to connect and play ,send me a private message. I will respond and set up a convenient day and time for gameplay. Instructions will follow.

__________ Powerstomp smile2

#3966029 - 06/11/14 10:43 AM Re: Multiplayer ? [Re: Powerstomp]  
ricnunes Offline
ricnunes  Offline

Portugal
It's great to know that EECH still works in Multiplayer with the most recent patches!

To be honest and regarding the part of having to type the server's IP address in order to connect, I must say that I don't mind about it at all, first because it's not hard at all doing it and secondly in my experience in Multiplayer (which isn't that great, I admit) I found that joining a game by typing the Server's IP address is by far the best and most effective filter against Cheaters, Grievers, Idiots that blow up friendly side's stuff on purpose, etc...

#3980619 - 07/14/14 07:23 AM Re: Multiplayer ? [Re: Powerstomp]  
citizen guod Offline
Lifer
citizen guod  Offline
Lifer

Hi guys. While I've moved over to the sim racing side, I still have love for my old friend EECH. I'm going to try and see if I can get it to load on the dedicated game server (which is still hosted by me through SimHQ Motorsports). I got it working a couple of years ago, and hopefully it'll work again. If it works, the server will not be on all the time so it doesn't conflict with other events (Arma3, our racing stuff) but we'll try to setup a test night if successful. Is there a multiplayer "do and don't" list for 1.15.2 beyond what is in this thread?

Wisdom is knowing what's enough
#3980959 - 07/14/14 10:36 PM Re: Multiplayer ? [Re: Powerstomp]  
Powerstomp Offline
Powerstomp  Offline

East Coast / USA
__ Sounds good ! I've been hosting a nondedicated server recently for a friend and myself. (version 1.15.0)
Although ; anyone is welcome to join. (Just private message me for IP #)

__ I found a list of Items posted for multiplayer stability. I can't remember if it was in this forum or not.
But , just in case you haven't seen it yet, I'll post it below.
___ Let me know when you get the server running. I'll be upgrading to version 1.15.2 soon , and I would love to join and have some multiplayer fun.
I'll be happy to help test.

___ Items that can improve multiplayer stability: ___

Remove eech.ini everytime you launch a new game version. (There's no need to delete game.cfg.)
Do not enable rotor downwash. (This causes entity crashes)
Disable Windows firewall when running another firewall.
Allow incoming ICMP requests by your firewall.
Turn off campaign commander. (Only the server/host can run campaign commander. It can cause bad connections.)
Don't hand off PFZs to AI.
Choose only default helicopters (i.e. Hokum, Havoc, Comanche, Apache).
All other helicopters are suspected for crashing the server. The Black Hawk could be an exception.
Avoid joining servers at the same time.
Delete any IP address in the connection box, or fill in the server's IP address.
When the IP address box is cleared, restart the game.

Do not click on enemy map items.
Don't move the active waypoint.
Change the pilot name after a crash. (This can also help in other situations.)
Recon cannot be sent by client side.
The slewable chain gun doesn't act as a slewable chain gun. Rockets seem to have aiming trouble as well.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.