Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3960145 - 05/30/14 02:23 PM Friends list?  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
Does anyone know how you can join friends or play together online? I see how to add friends but so far I cannot figure out how to get in a game together, can we create or host a match and invite people or is it completely random?

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
AMD FX6300 Vishera 3.5 Ghz
ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked 4 GB DDR5
16Gb Patriot Viper 3 RAM DDR3 1866Mhz
Onikuma Gaming Headset (has annoying blue lights I don't use)
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3960322 - 05/30/14 06:36 PM Re: Friends list? [Re: KRT_Bong]  
mugwump Offline
mugwump  Offline

Vancouver, Canuckistan
Here's the blurb from the wiki.

Quote:
War Thunder players now have the ability to join in groups up to 4 by using the new Squad feature. The use is simple. Host should go to the top right of the screen where the "Contacts" icon (looks a bit like 2 heads stuck together) which is at the bottom left of this cluster. Host should click on this icon to open another box to the left which will have contacts in it. People whose names are in green are currently available for game play and can therefore be invited to the host's squad. Click on the desired name and then look under this window for a tab with planes on it. This reads "Invite to Squad" when you bring the cursor over it. Clicking this will do just that.

The invited friend should look at incoming messages in the "Chat" icon back in the top right cluster beside the "Contacts" icon. Since the host sent an incoming message, this should have a gold highlight around it.

From here the invited friend should click this chat icon and select the message which mentions accepting the invitation to a squad.

Once this invitation is accepted, the invited friend should go to the bottom of the incoming message then select "Ready" when ready to join the game.

Once "Ready" is selected, the "Chat" window and "Contacts" windows have icons of unavailable friends in red with just a pilot head, available friends in green with a pilot head in green and squad members in gray with a clock or green with a chain link. These squad members in gray with a clock are not yet ready and green with a link are ready.

All squad members can see the readiness status of all other squad members.

Use either the chat feature or Team Speak to coordinate.

To access squad chat during battle enter " /s" (without quotes and press space), or press the "Tab" button and you will be switched to squad chat and your messages will only be seen by your squad instead of whole team.

Once all squad members are ready, the host will select the first "To Battle panel. The game type (Arcade, Historic or Real) then select the server (RU, EU or US) and finally select the second "To Battle" panel to begin the game.

We have experienced some members being left in the hangar; some have gone into different games and some have been placed on opposing games, but this method works better than the old efforts where we all tried to join by pressing the second "To Battle" panel simultaneously.

If one members leaves, then to rejoin, a second invitation must be sent.

S = k ln W
#3961498 - 06/02/14 01:14 PM Re: Friends list? [Re: KRT_Bong]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
Thanks, I was able to create a mission and get friends in it. I'm liking this game more and more now.

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
AMD FX6300 Vishera 3.5 Ghz
ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked 4 GB DDR5
16Gb Patriot Viper 3 RAM DDR3 1866Mhz
Onikuma Gaming Headset (has annoying blue lights I don't use)

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.