Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 202 of 240 1 2 200 201 202 203 204 239 240
#3954349 - 05/16/14 04:37 AM Re: Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge *** [Re: komemiute]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
Originally Posted By: komemiute
As soon as I landed by the blue smoke of the Artillery site 2-0 (I think it was the first one) I gingerly tried to check how close to the smoke I was and pressed F2. Exactly in that moment the mission (or possibly just me) crashed.

Thanks for the comments on the mission --
Sturm Mountain Radar
F-15C, A-10A/C, UH-1H vs Ka-50, Mig-29S
Winter, F10 View FOW, Head To Head
---
Summary
The Red Democratic Republic is at it again -- another early warning radar system has been erected on Sturm Mountain.
Blue Liberation Front forces must destroy this radar site. Artillery units are in place but need to be re-supplied with ammo by helicopter.
Red fighter jets are expected to attack out of Vaziani.

---

There have been about 4 or 5 times since v128 that Hollo Pointe has thrown a DCS Stopped Working message as I or others leave the server. The client name is still in the slot. There was also the first Friday night of the Fly-In when Viper crashed his F-15C and exited and you lost your connection at the same time, but me and EP stayed connected.

It is best to have the server crash log and any client crash logs to upload to DCS. I'd like to run some F-15C sessions because I am suspicious of having them in a mission, to tell the truth... If we encounter issues this weekend I'll try to capture crash logs.

Oh, BTW kome, the server did not crash the other night when you got booted out on the F2 View.

WC

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3954358 - 05/16/14 05:39 AM Re: Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Ok. I kind of supposed that. Wonder what happened... Thanks for checking.

Edit: can you tell me if I landed close enough to the smoke to trigger the ammo delivery? (if your tools give you the reading, that is)

Last edited by komemiute; 05/16/14 05:46 AM.

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#3954412 - 05/16/14 12:13 PM Re: Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
EAF_92 Whiskey Offline
EAF_92 Whiskey  Offline

Suffolk, UK
I was on the server at the time komemiute mentioned although I left shortly after he arrived, I hope it wasn't my departure that caused the crash for you komemite, if so apologies.

I've been popping into the server briefly recently with a view to getting involved in the action although as I'm UK based it's usually empty.

I've been simming for nearly 20 years but have only recently got into DCS flying the A10C and I'm at the stage where I can handle most of the systems so I'm now looking to find things to blow up!

The Hollo Pointe server seems to have some great missions running so I'm looking forward to getting involved. Hopefully I'll be able to hook up with some of you experts as well.

Cheers,

WB.

I'm Spartacus.
#3954432 - 05/16/14 01:15 PM Re: Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Hey Whiskey, either case no worries. biggrin Had to go to bed anyway.
If you see me there, drop in- no problem. I'm always happy to meet new simmers.

My english is less than stellar as I'm italian, but basically anyone managed to understand me. :P
Bear on with me if I ask you to repeat a sentence now and then! biggrin

While hardly a boss, I can fly and operate decently the 'Hawg and the Huey.
Even though I basically own every module so far.

Now that I think of it I'd like to try some CA too...

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#3954448 - 05/16/14 02:02 PM Re: Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: komemiute]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
can you tell me if I landed close enough to the smoke to trigger the ammo delivery?

Yes -- the Blue smoke changes to Orange. Or maybe it changes from Orange to Blue -- the briefing is a little confusing -- I need to clean that up. smile

Hey, Whiskey, welcome aboard!

WC

#3954471 - 05/16/14 02:48 PM Re: Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: komemiute]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

My english is less than stellar as I'm italian, but basically anyone managed to understand me. :P

You keep saying that but if it means anything last time I was on with you I was a bit surprised since I was expecting a real thick accent... but you were very easy to understand and speak very well!

#3954472 - 05/16/14 02:49 PM Re: Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Peally Offline
Hotshot
Peally  Offline
Hotshot

Wisconsin, USA
Yeah kome your accent is completely understandable. Especially when we're used to listening to those dang brits neaner

Yeah, yeah, I'm just kidding wink

Scully: Victim died of multiple stab wounds.
Mulder: *throws her a file* Ever heard of the knife alien?
#3954500 - 05/16/14 03:44 PM Re: Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

LOL!

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
#3954544 - 05/16/14 06:39 PM Re: Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: komemiute]  
tempusmurphy Offline
tempusmurphy  Offline

outside London
excuse me!!! there is nothing wrong with the british accent... It is us who have trouble with you colonial types biggrin

Dont think of it as being vastly outnumbered ... but just having a large target selection.

The only thing more accurate than incoming fire, is incoming friendly fire

Tracers work BOTH ways...

" I have a cunning plan my lord "
#3954557 - 05/16/14 06:58 PM Re: Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Peally Offline
Hotshot
Peally  Offline
Hotshot

Wisconsin, USA
I dun know whatchyall is talkin bout.

#3954560 - 05/16/14 07:05 PM Re: Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

Mission briefing for my Hosta mission that will be running tonight- It's changed names a couple times but I'm settled one now and it should stick.

SLOTS: 6 A-10A/C / 4 SU25/T / 2 KA50 / 2 UH1 / JTAC / GC

HOSTA LA KUDEPSTA, SOCHI!

Abkhazian military leaders, seeing an opportunity to swarm the base at Sochi-Adler, have made an aggressive move NW into Russia. Abbie forces reached as far as HOSTA hoping to get into reinforced positions before we could muster tangible resistance. Unfortunately, the countryside has taken a beating during the inevitable fighting that occurred along the way. Fortunately, we have just enough forces in theater to kick their asses back to the border and plug the hole.

MISSION OBJECTIVE: GET AT LEATS 8 GROUND UNITS TO THE MAIN BRIDGE INTO ABKHAZIA NEAR THE COAST AND PLUG THE GAP.

BLUE:

THREAT BOARD:

Abkhazian heavy armored forces will consist of a mix of old and new- including T55 tanks, T72s as well as occasional T80Us. Lighter units will likely be BTR80s and BMP1s.

Anti Aircraft threats are a haunting variable. Sochi Adler air base must be assumed to be more heavily protected than the peripheral holdings and will likely include SA8s, SA13s and Shilka AAA. Outposts can be expected to have Shilka AAA, ZSU23 positions as well as MANPADS. Keep those flare patterns ready!

TANKER SUPPORT: Texaco will be on station inland at 16000ft. Ring them at 150AM on X1.

Sorry folks- no freebies on this one. It will be up to the air power to determine whether or not the road to Sochi-Adler is clear. Our ground forces are limited in number but have a slight technological advantage... They're still GREATLY outnumbered so don't send them through too early.

SLEDGE FLIGHT: Your primary responsibility is to whittle down ground forces protecting against our offensive array poised to plug the gap at SOCHI-ADLER. RECOMMEND you focus on SOCHI-ADLER first and rearm / refuel there.

SLASHER: Your primary objective is to scout ahead of the armored force and help identify forward positions occupied by the enemy.

HUEYS: If you think they stand a chance, get supplies from the FARP and deliver them to pockets of resistence gathered inland. 1 crate needs to be delivered to each area before they can mount an assault.

TERMINATOR: You should be able to gain a high vantage point over our various target areas. Coordinate activities with SLEDGE and SLASHER flights to help ensure our ground forces are able to make it through to the Abkhazian border and seal the hole.

GC: Once you're comfortable with the progress against Abbie defenses, move your ground forces towards the main bridge between Abkhazia and Russia near the coast- just SE of SOCHI-ADLER.

#3954582 - 05/16/14 07:54 PM Re: Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

An hour and I'll be all over it!
I hope there will be more as I REALLY want to drop some crates...

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
#3954584 - 05/16/14 07:55 PM Re: Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Peally Offline
Hotshot
Peally  Offline
Hotshot

Wisconsin, USA
Sounds great. Eno let me know if this is a stupid request but is it possible for you (and Crew, you too!) to create some sort of repository for all of your briefings on your respective servers like that? You guys have so many missions I can never keep them straight (some WIP, some very well completed too) and it'd be awesome to know exactly what is available where.

I know you've given a list of mission summaries before but everything always seems to be changing.

#3954609 - 05/16/14 08:56 PM Re: Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

Unfortunately they change so often to account for the different errors and failings during various updates it's tough to keep them all straight. I'm not sure of the best way to do that.

I don't know if crew actually changes his as often as I do... but he might be able to come up with something that will work.

Last edited by eno75; 05/16/14 08:56 PM.
#3954620 - 05/16/14 09:29 PM Re: Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

May I suggest a new thread with a simple "mission name-> mission briefing post"?

Or let's do like the big boys do and create a simple Blog with an entry for each mission with the briefing.

Please, please, please... I'm NOT bashing anyone or anything...

I'm rather offering help!
Shall we do this?

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
#3954621 - 05/16/14 09:33 PM Re: Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
Peally,
This post link has most of the Hollo Pointe mission briefing *summary sections*. I made this list for the Spring Fly-In, so it is fairly up to date although I know there have been a few minor changes in a couple of the briefings.
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3934268#Post3934268

In the next few weeks I'll make a new post to list all of the HP mission briefings. It's kinda a pia because the text has to be copied out and pasted and then cleaned up for line breaks and stuff. But then I can bring the text into a word processor and find all the speling errors.

WC

#3954633 - 05/16/14 10:14 PM Re: Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

One other thing that Wesley asked for back in the day was for me to categorize the missions on the number of players that were ideal for it- that way the admins could look at how many people were online and go to the appropriate folder...

It's always the little things-

On that note- Hueys still having issues with the sling loads?

#3954660 - 05/17/14 12:05 AM Re: Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
Sturm Mountain Radar

Huey task clarified:
Blue helicopters must find the four artillery sites and re-supply them with ammo. When close to an artillery group the location will be marked with Orange smoke. Helicopters must move in very close to the units and drop supplies; the Orange smoke will change to Blue. Blue smoke will indicate that the artillery group has ammo to fire.
Huey pilots - if you see Orange smoke - get in closer to the arty until they pop Blue smoke.

WC

#3954666 - 05/17/14 12:20 AM Re: Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
BeachAV8R Offline
Lifer
BeachAV8R  Offline
Lifer

KCLT
Originally Posted By: Wrecking Crew
But then I can bring the text into a word processor and find all the speling errors.

I like you. thumbsup

BeachAV8R

#3954898 - 05/17/14 08:46 PM Re: Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

Do U C What AFACs?

Briefing:

Abkhazian forces have sprinted across the border. The vehicles involved suggest a smash and grab of some sort but intelligence is still trying to figure out what they're after.

We're still not even sure what city is under seige but we should know soon enough.

They pushed through an unprepared peace time GEO front line and judging by the absence of substantial logistical support we're expecting their objective is near the border.

Strangely, we've been stationed in Abkhazia for the past two months and none of our hosts know what's going on.

Blue:

THREATS: On arrival we expect that the ABBIES priority will be to stash vehicles throughout the city while ground forces deploy to accomplish whatever the objective is. A perimeter of ZSU23 positions can be expected. A variety of armored vehicles from BTRs to T72s have been reported under a Shilka and Strella umbrella supported by a Sborka.

AFAC RONIN: Deploy to IP OVERSIGHT and await orders. There are a number of potential destinations and you'll be given appropriate instructions once the endgame is identified. You and your wingman will be expected to locate and mark targets for the Strikers.

STRIKERS: Report to AFAC RONIN and engage designated targets. These forces are not grandstanding out in the open- they have secured the area and know it's in their own best interest to stay hidden from prying eyes. It is important that you deploy ordinance in a fashion that minimizes collateral damage.

SCALPER / SLASHER:

The ABBIE infantry is believed to have established defensive perimeters in forested regions around the city. We think they may be looking for someone or something- or a combination thereof. Your sole objective will be to neutralize infantry in the area when it is safe to do so. Coordinate with AFAC RONIN and nearby JTAC on the ground. Watch for coloured smoke and be prepared to scoop up precious cargo!

Page 202 of 240 1 2 200 201 202 203 204 239 240

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.