Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3949961 - 05/06/14 07:55 PM saitek x45 problem  
evoblade Offline
evoblade  Offline

Spain
Hi Guys,

I have a little problem with configuring my x45 to my A-10C, which was working perfectly, all the buttons were set as per HOTAS etc and I was using button 7 under the trigger as my PINKIE / Modifier so that I could get it as near as what is needed to be realistic
I then updated to the latest version of A-10c, went back in to check it was all still the same settings and bugger me if all my Pinkie settings were not recognized , I've tried rebooting , unplug the Joystick etc etc, and the game will still not see button 7, even on it's own, so now alot of the settings like Boat switch, DMS, China hat, CMS, Mic, I cant configure.
I've tried clearing them then adding again, but button 7 is not recognized as a modifier.
So now I'm a little pissed to say the least,
Does anyone have any ideas how to correct my little dilemma ,

Many thanks

Shane

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3949973 - 05/06/14 08:09 PM Re: saitek x45 problem [Re: evoblade]  
EinsteinEP Offline
Just a Noob
EinsteinEP  Offline
Just a Noob

Tucson, AZ
Hrm. I was able to map my Warthog's pinkie as a modifier, but I haven't checked my X-52 Pro. That's the closet to an X-45 I can get, so I'll check that tonight.

Are you running the SST S/W in the background? Or use that key in a program that traps inputs, like TrackIR?

Shoot to Kill.
Play to Have Fun.
#3949978 - 05/06/14 08:21 PM Re: saitek x45 problem [Re: EinsteinEP]  
evoblade Offline
evoblade  Offline

Spain
Hi Einstein.
I was able to when I first downloaded the sim from the disc, but i thought I'd download the updates as I noticed a couple of things weren't behaving as they should be, I'm not running the Saitek software albeit I have downloaded it and updated my stick, I haven't used Madcatz profile, rather use the program that comes under options, and I don't yet have Trackir but it is coming soon.
I saved the profile from when it was working fine, and obviously I've loaded that each time, but all my pinkie settings are red'ed out, bit of a mare as I was just getting used to knowing where everything was without having to pause and check my profile sheet,

Thankyou for taking the time to read

much appreciated

#3950001 - 05/06/14 09:06 PM Re: saitek x45 problem [Re: evoblade]  
evoblade Offline
evoblade  Offline

Spain
Einstein,

It's ok, I managed to faff around with the settings and got my button 7 / pinkie recognized within the modifier box, and hey presto all the red disappeared and I'm now back with my original settings smile

thank you anyway

#3950116 - 05/07/14 03:07 AM Re: saitek x45 problem [Re: evoblade]  
EinsteinEP Offline
Just a Noob
EinsteinEP  Offline
Just a Noob

Tucson, AZ
evo,

Glad to hear you got it worked out. If you know how you fixed it, it would be great to post it here so others who have the same problem in the future will also be able to find a solution.

Shoot to Kill.
Play to Have Fun.
#3950191 - 05/07/14 10:27 AM Re: saitek x45 problem [Re: EinsteinEP]  
evoblade Offline
evoblade  Offline

Spain
Rgr that Einstein,

In the game options, click on Controls, go to Modifiers cell bottom left this will bring up the modifier panel and shows a list of available modifiers, ie, Alt, Ctrl, Mouse etc etc
Click the ADD button which will bring up another panel with Device name which has a drop down triangle, default is Keyboard, once you click the drop down your stick device will show, click on it.
Under that cell is another, Select Modifier button again with a drop down triangle, click on the drop down and you will see a list of every button you have on your stick, scroll down to relevant button, ( Mine was Joy btn 7 ) click on it and it's done.

I don't know if this will work for all types of stick , but worth a try.

If you a profile alrready loaded and some of your cells were red'ed out , these should now disappear and you'll see your modifier button.

For instance Joy button 21 on my throttle is Coolie Hat Up, with my pinkie ie btn 7 , it becomes Boat Switch Fwd.

Hopefully that's clear as mud smile

Happy flying

keep low move fast

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.