Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#3953552 - 05/14/14 06:14 PM Re: DayZ Diary: Episode 5 - The End of Dayz [Re: HeinKill]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Thanks HeinKill, for a good story.
Love Chernarus and been spending so much time there fighting Warfare and whatnot so I rarely need a map not a compass to move around.
Never liked DayZ but your little story here was quite immersive and well written and as said - I get a warm "at home" feeling looking at Chernarus pictures (yes, I am nuts), hats off to you smile

(I hope we'll get the DayZ:SA version of Chernarus to ArmA2 one day, should make wonders to missions like Insurgency)

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3953585 - 05/14/14 07:35 PM Re: DayZ Diary: Episode 5 - The End of Dayz [Re: HeinKill]  
Vitesse Offline
Vitesse  Offline

Devon UK
I think there may be another twist to this story...

...cos someone tied the hands of the hanged man.

Good stuff, Heinkill.

#3953720 - 05/15/14 03:17 AM Re: DayZ Diary: The Librarian [Re: HeinKill]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Originally Posted By: HeinKill
]

Help.

I dont get the nun/batman joke.

H

Ha ! I had to think about that biggrin

Nun in a habit looks like Batman to a drunk wink

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#3953985 - 05/15/14 04:32 PM Re: DayZ Diary: The Librarian [Re: HeinKill]  
Docjonel Offline
Docjonel  Offline

Long-time lurker, one-time SimHQ sim racer here. Enjoyed your post-apocalyptic journal entries Heinkill- well written! Might be fun to form a Chernarus Book Club that gets together for readings from and discussions of the classics at hand. We could even "volunteer" an unsuspecting survivor to do a dramatic reading in front of the gathering. If they do well they are set free, if not they remain our guest. No violence of course, hate the kos types.

Last edited by Docjonel; 05/15/14 04:33 PM.

"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?" -- Mark 8:36
#3954279 - 05/16/14 01:04 AM Re: DayZ Diary: The Librarian [Re: Docjonel]  
Harry-the-Ruskie Offline
Hotshot
Harry-the-Ruskie  Offline
Hotshot

Malaysia
Originally Posted By: Docjonel
Long-time lurker, one-time SimHQ sim racer here. Enjoyed your post-apocalyptic journal entries Heinkill- well written! Might be fun to form a Chernarus Book Club that gets together for readings from and discussions of the classics at hand. We could even "volunteer" an unsuspecting survivor to do a dramatic reading in front of the gathering. If they do well they are set free, if not they remain our guest. No violence of course, hate the kos types.

Yeah I remember you.

You're that guy who famously ran out of gas on the last lap while driving a Lupo and leading the SimHQ race at Cadwell Park.

That was way back in December 2006....almost 8 years ago. I doubt we will forget anytime soon. What a legacy to tell your grand kids.

wink

#3954353 - 05/16/14 05:09 AM Re: DayZ Diary: The Librarian [Re: HeinKill]  
Docjonel Offline
Docjonel  Offline

Holy crap- you still remember that?! Thought eight years was a safe interval to show my face around here again but nooooo. Yeah, I knew how to pit but forgot to learn how to actually put fuel in the damn car, so when every one else sped off in their over-powered Shelby Cobras and proceeded to spin off track while Weasel Keeper and I went putt putting along in our little pedal cars, I thought I had my first SimHQ victory sewn up. So, thanks for bringing that up again, Harry!

"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?" -- Mark 8:36
#3954360 - 05/16/14 05:47 AM Re: DayZ Diary: The Librarian [Re: HeinKill]  
Harry-the-Ruskie Offline
Hotshot
Harry-the-Ruskie  Offline
Hotshot

Malaysia
You are welcomed. How time flies but a walk down memory lane. Brings a smile back to my face as fresh as though it happened yesterday. Good times

I don't see many of the guys we used to race with...Chipwich, Shepski, Marc. Wonder what they are up to now.

#3957965 - 05/25/14 04:05 PM Re: DayZ Diary: The Librarian [Re: Ajay]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
Originally Posted By: Ajay
Originally Posted By: HeinKill
]

Help.

I dont get the nun/batman joke.

H

Ha ! I had to think about that biggrin

Nun in a habit looks like Batman to a drunk wink

OK, for that, you REALLY had to be there! So, were you the nun, or the drunk?

H

[Linked Image]
#3958794 - 05/27/14 05:46 PM Re: DayZ Diary: The Librarian [Re: HeinKill]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
"Why I don't play more online-only games (or, Families and Gaming Don't Mix)"

So you get a couple hours free of duty...maybe it's a weeknight when no one needs help with homework, no one needs to be picked up or dropped off at training, there are no business dinners, travel...

So many gaming choices, so little time. But so many games these days are either online only (like DayZ) or more engaging online (like flight sims), so you take the chance, and pick one - for the sake of this thread, let's make it DayZ.

You're deep into the mission/day/action. It took you an hour from a respawn to hike to the NW airfield to load up with ammo. You're pretty much defenceless, just an axe to protect yourself, until you find a rifle and the right ammo.

Scope out the airfield...ok...lots of zeds around...seems clear. Creep into one of the tents or nissan huts, deal with a couple of zeds with your axe...yes! an M4, scoot into the next tent...yes...a clip or two...

Come out of the tent and walk straight into some D*wad bandit who has probably just spawned in, and just wants to kill you.

Run back through the tent, right, right, go prone in the grass...

He runs after you but he's lost you. You sight on him...to kill or not...is he hunting you or was he just playing safe? No, he's hunting you...he is a bandit.

"Honey! We need milk!"

"In a minute!" He disappears behind a tent, you creep forward to get an angle on him.

"Need it now! Making a sauce!"

"One minute!"

"No...N.O.W...the sauce is burning!"

"Aaaaarrrrgggghhh".

You can't pause online games (well, some sport/strategy games you can, but they only the ones you are playing 1 on 1, not the MMORPGs), so you have to log out.

A shame, you didn't get the D*wad bandit, but doesn't cost your life.

Unless your Life Interruption happens in the middle of getting chewed up by a Zed, or in the middle of a dogfight with a few 109s, or while some D*wad who was hiding in a glitched up wall is hitting you with his axe and you take your eye off the ball for that crucial second as you log out and...

"You are dead: respawn."

And THAT is why I prefer offline play. With save-game opportunities. And redos if a mission goes wrong or you get stuck. Or some D*wad starts team-killing.

Total FWP I know, but Aaaaaarrrrgggggh!

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.