Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#3945278 - 04/27/14 02:56 PM DayZ Diary: Episode 5 - The End of Dayz  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
DayZ + 60

Dear Diary

So, I finally have enough paper and pens to begin. But where to begin? If you are reading this, I am probably dead, because I plan never to show this diary to anyone. Not that there is really anyone to show it to.

To start with the end is a good idea perhaps. My name is Olga Kodetova. I had just turned 32 years old when the madness started.

This is a picture little Filip took of me about a week before...well, before.

This is me now...a photograph Filip took before he got sick, but already then I was using my national service training, keeping the Infected from our door. Then, suddenly, it was inside our doors...

It spread from the port. Some said it was a monkey who bit a sailor at Chernogorsk. Others said a planeload of passengers landed at the Krasnovtas Airstrip and started attacking the people at the terminal. Maybe it was both. Or neither. Within weeks there were just two types of people left in the world, the Infected, and the Immune.

Of my entire family, my father Gustav, mother, Edita, and little Filip...they went down early. First the fever, then boils, then the hunger that makes them lose their mind and attack and eat...anything. When they aren't eating, their body shuts down...they just stand, listless, or wander back and forth. They don't eat each other, the virus seems to recognise itself.

Our neighbours killed them, and burned their bodies. Then there were more, and more. Until there were no neighbours. Only the Infected...and me.

I live in...well...I am not saying. If I lose my diary, I want no one to be able to find me. So far, in my travels out of the city, I have run into two other Immune. Both men. Both armed. The first time, I had been scrounging for food and warm clothing. I met a young man, my age, armed with a knife. He was very wary. He made me take off my jacket and backpack and give him all my food. I had nothing else. He apologised, but he took it all anyway. Then he ran off. The second man I found in a hospital. As as I walked in on him, he shot at me. I ran, and he chased, still shooting. The noise attracted the Infected, and they began chasing too. He gave up chasing me and shot two of them...I didn't stop, I ran into the forest and kept running.

They are not the only Immune I have seen. At the airstrip I saw a group of three men, all armed, in camouflage gear. Moving through the buildings as they they were hunting...humans. I watched them from the trees for some time, then decided to go back into the woods. The airstrip would be there again another day, and perhaps they would not.

No, I trust no one. This is my daily routine.

First I check my supplies. Here is today's inventory:

Cans of drink: 10
Cans of food: 3
Fruit: 2
Bandages: 6
Ammunition for M4: 10 rounds
Ammunition for pistol: 187 rounds.
Books: 4

This is my room.

It has all I need. A bed, a wardrobe, a desk. A stove for when it gets cold, though I am afraid to light it in case the smoke gives me away. A bucket to...you know.

If I have enough supplies for the next few days, I do not leave my room. I sit with the door locked, and read. I look out my small windows at the streets below. Out one window I can see the Havel's house and their burned out car. It is good for seeing if the back door is clear.

Out the front window I can see into one of the city squares, to see if the front door is clear. If I crane my neck I can see as far as the local supermarket. If their are any of the Immune nearby, that is the first place they hit.

I listen for the shuffling sound of the Infected moving around, or the not so subtle noise of the Immune as they rummage through the houses on my street. I could save them the time and tell them there is nothing left on this street that I haven't already found, but I stay quiet. And alive.

I have some rules that have kept me alive so far:

- Watch before you move, and watch some more.
- Do not move in the open, do not move in the daylight, unless you have to
- Never walk in the open, always run.
- Never fight the infected, if you can run
- Never go straight home, always vary your route home

When the infected chase, I try to lead them away from the city. Eventually they give up, and fall into stasis again. I double back around them and back to where I was.

I wish I could gather supplies and store them, but no storage place is safe. I've done that, but they disappear sooner or later. Invisible thieves come in the night.

Like me. I travel light, and do not believe in using my rifle. I have an M4, but only ten bullets for it. Maybe one day I will use it for hunting rabbit or deer, but for now I have been able to survive on food I can scrounge.

For killing the Infected, I prefer my fire axe, or suppressed Amphibia pistol. A single shot to the head with either, and they are down. And the pistol is so quiet, it doesn't attract any other Infected in the area. Or humans.

But I always carry my most precious items with me. Food, ammunition, medicines? No. Books. Without books, I would go mad in this new world. Books to keep me calm when I am alone and hear noises. Books to distract me when the boredom is too much and I want to go outside...because death waits out there. Books because...I like the quiet.

Because I am a librarian.

Or I was. At the ------ high school.

Right now I have four books I am reading - Kidnapped, The Barrier, Crime and Punishment, and Trailin'. I read a different one every time. That way the reading does not get boring.

In fact, that is a better name for me. Who is Oga Kodetova now anyway? That girl is dead. She died along with this city.

I am The Librarian.

[Linked Image]
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3945293 - 04/27/14 03:41 PM Re: DayZ Diary: The Librarian [Re: HeinKill]  
AlphaSix Offline
AlphaSix  Offline

Some other rules may also be useful
Rule # 4: seatbelts

Rule # 1: cardio

Rule # 2: double tap

By the way. I disagree with your rule "- Never walk in the open, always run."

And if you find some batteries show us some video streams.

#3945416 - 04/27/14 09:32 PM Re: DayZ Diary: The Librarian [Re: HeinKill]  
HitchHikingFlatlander Offline
HitchHikingFlatlander  Offline

California
Nice AAR! And remember NO LATE BOOKS!

I've got a bad feeling about this.....
#3945523 - 04/28/14 02:02 AM Re: DayZ Diary: The Librarian [Re: HeinKill]  
Harry-the-Ruskie Offline
Hotshot
Harry-the-Ruskie  Offline
Hotshot

Malaysia
What are the books for ? I haven't touched the SA for a long time.

#3945859 - 04/28/14 05:15 PM Re: DayZ Diary: The Librarian [Re: HeinKill]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA
I havent found Emma Stone yet frown

HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
#3945917 - 04/28/14 06:30 PM Re: DayZ Diary: The Librarian [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
AlphaSix Offline
AlphaSix  Offline

"What are the books for ?"

Just like in real life ... for reading and for lighting campfires

Last edited by AlphaSix; 04/28/14 06:32 PM.
#3946141 - 04/29/14 12:43 AM Re: DayZ Diary: The Librarian [Re: HeinKill]  
HitchHikingFlatlander Offline
HitchHikingFlatlander  Offline

California
And an alternate source of toilet paper depending on the book in question.

I've got a bad feeling about this.....
#3946267 - 04/29/14 05:53 AM Re: DayZ Diary: The Librarian [Re: HeinKill]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
..and you can throw them now. Guy was running around Berezino throwing bibles at people the other night. Pooping in soon so the toilet paper deal may become a real one. Things are gettin' nastee.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#3946552 - 04/29/14 04:36 PM Re: DayZ Diary: The Librarian [Re: HeinKill]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA
haha, that would be awesome if they integrated that..

so now instead of worrying about food and water, you also have to goto the bathroom ... lol.

I'm still wondering why there isnt better loot in those 30 story apartment buildings and stuff.... granted I'm not setting foot in one, as I've twice by falling through walls.

HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
#3946701 - 04/29/14 08:57 PM Re: DayZ Diary: The Librarian [Re: Ajay]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
Originally Posted By: Ajay
..and you can throw them now. Guy was running around Berezino throwing bibles at people the other night. Pooping in soon so the toilet paper deal may become a real one. Things are gettin' nastee.

Help.

I dont get the nun/batman joke.

H

[Linked Image]
#3947298 - 04/30/14 09:09 PM Re: DayZ Diary: The Librarian Episode 2 [Re: HeinKill]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
DayZ + 64

Dear Diary

Why so serious? Reading my first entry I realised, this is not me. “If you are reading this I am probably dead…” – that sounds like a melodramatic teenager writing.

And today was a good day.

Inventory:

Books – 8!
Food – 3 fruit, 1 potato, 6 cans
Drink - 4 cans, 1 cantine
Ammunition – 127 rounds .22, 10 rounds 7.62
Health - OK, bruised leg.

I started today low on food, and with only four books. The biggest problem was not the food, but the fact I was finished reading one of the books:

‘Kidnapped’ – the story of a boy taken from his home in Scotland and escapes being sold for slavery in America. My rating: 3 stars out of 5, because there was quite a lot of wandering around Scotland and not much action.

That left me only three books, and I need at least four to keep me occupied because it is boring to read the same book several days in a row – like always watching the same TV show. So I had to leave my room today, I couldn’t avoid it.

Most of the houses near me have been ransacked by the Immune by now, and books are popular loot – not because they read them, but because they can burn them to stay warm. So I knew I would have to travel several city blocks away to the outskirts of town to try to find some houses where all the books were not taken yet. I needed another good action book to replace Kidnapped.

My first problem. I could not find my LED light. I was sure it was in my room somewhere but I had dropped it and now it was gone. So it would have to be a day raid – very dangerous.

I waited until evening came. Snipers can't see as well in the dusk, I remember that from national service. That, and what blisters feel like after you march on them all day...

From my back window I saw one of the Infected, just shuffling around in the rain.

So it would have to be the front door tonight. I like the closed and quiet streets of my neighbourhood, there is not much reason for humans to hide here and I am careful of all the possible ambush spots. I avoid supermarkets, jails, and factories where the Hunters seem to focus, looking for weapons and ammunition. If you can't shoot with it, kill it or copulate with it, it isn't interesting to the Hunters. If you can’t eat, drink or read it, it is not interesting to me.

I ran five blocks before I came to one of the rich neighbourhoods with the two storey houses. They usually have good books. But of course, standing right in the middle of the best street in the neighbourhood...

Usually I would just choose another street rather than fight one of the Immune, but it was getting late. I didn't want to be out after dark without a light. Times like this I appreciate my silenced pistol.

Inside the house I saw that the end had not come quietly for this family...or maybe the father was just a terrible piano player and the wife couldn't take it anymore.

Upstairs was a discarded double barreled rifle. Uninteresting.

Now this was loot!

The Last Trail. Hadn't read it. I stashed it in my backpack.

Another rich dead person's house. Jackpot!

3 more books, including one in French!

l'le Mist Rieuse? Now I would need to find a French dictionary somewhere.

Then I got cocky. I was feeling high - 4 books! One Infected down. I decided to chance my luck and ran to the hospital on the edge of the city, because I was low on bandages, with only 6 left.

Got to the hospital, no problem - only one Infected spotted and I went around him up a side street - and once in the hospital I quickly found a first aid kit.

Stepped out the back of the hospital to admire the sunset, out where the city turns into fields.

She came screaming at me from nowhere.

I had my axe ready though.

I looked down at her face. I always look at their faces. It is a small city, you never know if it will be an old classmate, a teacher, a coworker, some b*tch you got in a fight with at a dance club...she was still quite pretty, if you ignored the pus filled blisters...

The fight attracted her ugly friend though. The pretty ones always have an ugly friend - it was the same in the dance clubs. It helps the pretty ones feel prettier.

She managed to hit me on the leg, but not to make me bleed. My leg is bruised though. Cow.

In a way though I am grateful, because I would have just run home, but I decided to get out of the rain and catch my breath after the fight and I found these.

No more having to squint into the distance to look for snipers, Infected or Immune hunters!

It was starting to get dark when I got back home. Ah, home sweet home.

I couldn't decide what was the best find of this raid - the first aid kit, the books, or the binos!

I guess I was lucky. Three kills, no serious injuries. No Immune Hunters encountered. It was a good day.

But there is one other thing diary. Today I found a piece of paper. It was taped to the window of the Supermarket.

On it was written this:

To whoever reads this. We are a large group of survivors. We are heavily armed, but we are farmers. We are going to Lopatino where the soil is fertile and water is plentiful, to start a colony on communal principles. Here is our manifesto.

All will work, even the children and old
All who are willing to work, are welcome
All will fight to defend our commune, even the children and old
Everything we find, grow or make, we will share equally – a child’s part shall be half an adult’s part
Any person, child or adult, who shows signs of Infection, will be quarantined and if necessary, executed
All decisions, including the decision to execute one of our Infected, are by majority

Please come and join us if you accept this manifesto. We will rebuild Chernarus, from the rich soils of Lopatino.

Diary, can it be true? Is there a peaceful community at Lopatino of people trying to remake the world?

I sat and did some calculation. If I hoarded some food. If I travelled by night, and hid by day. If I stayed off the roads and away from the towns and villages.

I could make Lopatino in three, maybe four days.

Lopatino.

I have a picture somewhere we took on holiday once...from a scenic lookout. Yes, here...

It was good farming country, I guess. Small, easy to defend? You could build fences, barriers, to keep out the Infected and the Hunters. Turn the Church into a redoubt, or that barn may be better, on a hill.

Or, I could just stay here and read.

[Linked Image]
#3947677 - 05/01/14 04:22 PM Re: DayZ Diary: The Librarian Episode 2 [Re: HeinKill]  
SHar82 Offline
Ol f@rt gamer since Ti99
SHar82  Offline
Ol f@rt gamer since Ti99

Toronto, Canada
Jules Verne's L'ile Mysterieuse (The mysterious Island)... classic of the first French science fiction genre.
you don't have French accents on your computer so it's why all the letters with accent are missing.

Nice diary of a dying world... smile2

Last edited by SHar82; 05/01/14 04:26 PM.

Spring chicken to sh!tehawk in one easy lesson

PSN/XBL: Guynemer27
WarThunder/STEAM: Guynemer27
EA/Origin: Dude27
Project Cars: Dude27
#3947825 - 05/01/14 09:09 PM Re: DayZ Diary: The Librarian Episode 2 [Re: HeinKill]  
AlphaSix Offline
AlphaSix  Offline

You are going to break the rule "No, I trust no one". My well meant advice: stay with what you know, follow the rules.
One can forsee an utter disaster

#3948077 - 05/02/14 01:43 PM Re: DayZ Diary: The Librarian Episode 2 [Re: HeinKill]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
DayZ+ 70

Dear Diary

I can't stop thinking about Lopatino. I found some more photographs we took on that holiday.

The old shed would be very easy to reinforce and defend, if that was their plan. It makes perfect sense they would go here, far from the coast, far from the airfields and military installations that attract the Hunters. A clear view from high ground for many miles to enable them to detect the approach of any Infected.

Did they make it?

Are they there?

More important...can I trust them?

[Linked Image]
#3950714 - 05/08/14 12:12 PM Re: DayZ Diary: The Librarian Episode 3 [Re: HeinKill]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
DayZ +90

Dear Diary

Yes. I have decided.

I am going to try to make it to Lopatino.

Here is what I am packing:

Books – Only 2! I shouldn't take any, but I need to take these. My two favourites.

Food and Drink – As you can see, well stocked. I can always forage along the way if I need to.

Ammunition – 22 rounds
Health - no issues

Weapons: well, my axe of course, but I have decided not to carry the M4 or my silenced .22 pistol with me, instead, for sentimental reasons, I will take my father's two police service pistols. In the police force he was known as Dirty Garri, because of these pistols. Two .357 Magnums, polished silver with a walnut grip. Six shots in each. They are filthy, and noisy, but one shot will blow a hole in an Infected so big you could see daylight through it.

I do not expect any trouble once I get out of the city.

Here is the route I will take diary. Yes, I can tell you now where I have been living, because one way or another I am not likely to be coming back here.

I will leave Berezino tonight, and take the valley directly west to Dubrovka. The most dangerous part, will be getting out of the city without being seen by Hunters. They have become more and more desperate the last few days, and the gun battles on the streets have been attracting the Infected as well.

I need to get from Dubrovka and past Anrapb Mountain before morning. Then I can get some water from the lake at Prud, have some breakfast, take a nap. In the afternoon I'll go northwest around the hills to avoid Kabanino, then go southwest to avoid the big military airfield. It will no doubt be full of Hunters, scavenging for caches of weapons.

My plan is to get to Vybor, by the evening of the second day. It is only a half day's walk from Lopatino - I can resupply there, and then scout my way into Lopatino.

Out West. Thattaway.

If there is even anyone at Lopatino... If not, they may have left another note.

Now, just the wait until nightfall.

[Linked Image]
#3951268 - 05/09/14 12:54 PM Re: DayZ Diary: The Librarian Episode 3 [Re: HeinKill]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
Ah shoite. Just respawned without my backpack, vest or anything except my axe, coat, hat, and an apple. I'm even standing here in bare feet - it swiped my shoes!

Hard to keep up a storyline in an alpha build!

Sigh, off to scrounge again.

H

[Linked Image]
#3951355 - 05/09/14 03:03 PM Re: DayZ Diary: The Librarian Episode 3 [Re: HeinKill]  
WhoCares Offline
WhoCares  Offline

I guess you wanted to say that while waiting for nightfall, you went to bed to sleep a little and some savage scavanger has stolen most of your stuff. And you consider yourself lucky that he just let you sleep and didn't kill you as well.
Lesson to be learned - always sleep with all your stuff on you.

Storyline saved wink

#3952694 - 05/12/14 07:30 PM Re: DayZ Diary: Episode 4 - Road Trip [Re: HeinKill]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
DayZ +92

Polib mi prdel Diary!

I went for a sunset walk to the coast before my big trip inland. Just wanted to see the sea one last time, like it was old times - before the Infected, the Immune, the Hunters. There is a stretch of coast where Hunters never go, because there are no good sniper positions. And because there are no people, there are no Infected either. It was beautiful, and no one was around to bother me.

Meanwhile however, some peecha found my 'nest'. He took everything except what I was carrying, even my hat and my books!

Luckily I had my M4 and my axe with me, but only one clip of ammo and a couple of pieces of fruit.

That changed my plans a little. First, I had to clear out of Berezino straight away, as my hideaway was no longer secret. Second, I needed to forage along the way, to gather some supplies. I would try to stick to my plan for getting to Lopatino - I could resupply in Dubrovka and Vybor.

I left as soon as I got back to my looted apartment, at 1 a.m. The thief had taken my daddy's two prized Magnums, but luckily he missed my service revolvers, a couple of .45s, hidden in the bottom of my wardrobe, plus a box of shells. I wouldn't be defenceless.

I was tempted to try to forage on my way out of Berezino but I knew it had been mostly picked dry...I might as well just make my break. I got out of town without problems and hit Dubrovka around dawn.

I approached the town carefully, creeping through the long grass looking for Immune, Hunters, Infected, and then I saw...

Just a scarecrow...but...

Standing beyond, right in front of a nice big house that didn't look like it had been ransacked...one of the Infected. I was at the extreme of my range. I crawled up through the bushes and sighted on him.

It took me two shots to drop him. I waited to see if I had alerted anyone, or anything, else, but the town seemed quiet.

He looked like a politician I had seen on the TV. No loss to humanity then...

Inside the house - booty! A nice clean copy of Don Quixote!

But no food. I would need something in my belly soon.

Then I saw a supermarket. Little chance there was anything left, but you could never be sure. It depended how quickly the virus had hit the town, and how many hunters or immune had passed through.

I wasn't the first to visit it though. Other Immune had no doubt been there, because they had drawn the infected like flies. There were no less than three hanging around the back and I walked straight into them! I only had my pistol drawn...

So I ran. Around a few houses, down a sidestreet, hoping I would lose them, hoping I wouldn't attract more. Afer a few turns, all but one had given up the chase. I ran into a house and he followed me in - no room for my M4, I grabbed my axe

His friend was waiting at the back door, but I heard him huffing around out there and was able to get my M4 out to deal with him. I hate the sound of that thing inside a house...but at least it doesn't carry as far.

Doubling back to the supermarket I found some fruit, and a bag of rice. That was enough, I headed out of town for Prud lake - I wanted to get there before full sun. It was an easy trip along the valley floor. The lake seemed quiet, deserted.

It was a long time since I had been so alone. In Berezino there were always the Infected stumbling around, Immune ransacking houses, Hunters fighting in the streets. Out here...

Nothing.

I put my back to a tree under cover of some shrubs, and settled in for the afternoon.

As the sun disappeared, I made my run for Vybor.

It was a cold, uneventful trip.

On the outskirts of town, while it was still light, I saw a nice dry barn, sitting on a hill with a good view over the town.

I had no idea what state Vybor was in - overrun with Infected, crawling with Hunters? I didn't want to find out in the dark, so I waited for dawn in the barn.

The barn was near an abandoned factory, which offered the perfect high point to scope out the town from. It didn't take long to see, it was crawling with Infection.

I dealt with what I could, from up on the rooftop.

I just wanted to get through it without getting hurt...I was cold, hungry and just wanted to get to Lopatino.

They were all over the main road, like leeches. I didn't bother skirting around, I just ran straight past them. At least where there were Infected, there were no Hunters. Who knows who would be lying in ambush in the side streets?

A couple of Infected tried to follow. Maybe the virus was mutating? They seemed faster, more persistent. Guns, I hate guns, but I wasn't going to risk the axe on these.

I made the outskirts of Lopatino on the evening of the second day.

Another night out in the cold.

I camped under a tree...hoping to see lights, a fire...any sign of life.

Nothing.

On the outskirts of town was an old warehouse, a great place to scope the town.

Not a soul in sight, Infected, or Immune. But that warehouse would make an ideal redoubt...well situated, ringed by high walls that just needed patching...

When I got close though, it was clear it hadn't been explored for months. I didn't understand... walls were solid, high and thick. If I had to choose a place to defend against hordes of Infected, or a posse of Hunters, this would be it.

At least there were no Infected around here at the moment. That gave me hope. Perhaps the town had been swept clear? I climbed to the roof and looked out over the town.

It was...

...dead

But that was good, wasn't it? My hopes rose...perhaps the survivors had cleared the town after all.

To the south, the beautiful farming country I remembered. Surely this is where the survivors who wrote the note would make their stand?

Nothing.

For a moment, just one moment, standing in the sunshine atop that warehouse, I imagined myself in that farmhouse. I had a small child in a crib. I was baking. I was standing under the eaves and looking out across the fields and...

Forget that. I shook myself and climbed down.

The town wasn't clear...I ran into one of the undead as I left the factory

It was pointless, but I began to search the town. Maybe the survivors had headed for the Church, a grand, old bastion of a building.

There was an Infected at the rear of the church, facing out of town, so I took him with my silenced pistol.

The church was locked. From the inside.

I hammered at it until my fists were bloody, crying out, hoping for a voice to answer

The noise just attracted more Infected.

I scoured the town. Killed five more Infected. No sign of life.

Sunk onto the ground in despair. What now? Not even a note in a window to show that anyone had made it this far from Berezino.

But I had made it. And I still had choices. I had cleared the town of Infected now...at least for a while. I could make a new base here. I could move into that farmhouse and I...

But it was too close to the big military airfield for my liking. Hunters probably staged from here...might have been on their way back already.

No.

I decided to keep pushing northwest.

I said goodbye to Lopatino. I was ready to say goodbye to Chernarus.

If only I had known what horror awaited me a few miles up that road...

[Linked Image]
#3952885 - 05/13/14 09:17 AM Re: DayZ Diary: Episode 4 - Road Trip [Re: HeinKill]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
Brilliant again.

#3953492 - 05/14/14 03:59 PM Re: DayZ Diary: Episode 5 - The End of Dayz [Re: HeinKill]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
DayZ + 99

Dear Diary,

My last entry.

I am going to leave you here.

Inventory:

- Don Quixote
- Some food and drink

I got about 3 km Northwest of Lopatino before I found them - the survivors, the farmers who came up here looking for salvation.

All that follows is my guesswork. We'll never know the truth.

I imagine a strong leader got them this far. He got them to Lopatino...maybe they lost a few along the way, but Lopatino was not the answer to their prayers. It was full of Infected when I came, perhaps they had come, and kept coming, and the survivors got tired of fighting them off.

Like this one that attacked me just outside Lopatino. He was stumbling after a rabbit until he saw or heard or smelled me. The virus lets them recognise food, but it can't recognise guns. Yet.

Whatever reason, the survivors pushed on from Lopatino.

Then here, up this lonely road...

They found a village with a few small houses, and they stopped.

There was an argument. I could imagine it, I was having it with myself.

We should go back, we're better off in Lopatino.

We should go on, we need to get out of Chernarus, it might be safer on the other side of the Pass.

There were threats, a falling out. Then the shooting started - they were only a handful. It didn't take long.

It was their leader who did it. Rather see them dead than desert him.

Then he hung himself.

I found them half buried in the backyard of a farmhouse. I thought at first they were Infected, but the only marks on them were the gunshot wounds.

The one hanging had an automatic rifle at his feet.

So this is how Hope dies.

If you are reading this, I have buried my weapons and my ammunition, under the feet of the hanging man. You are welcome to them, I am sick of violence.

But I am not sick of life, like this maniac.

I am going to go over the Grozovy Pass, leave Chernarus. If you are reading this, and want to follow, I might see you there.

What ever is over there, can't possibly be worse than here.

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.