Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3942762 - 04/22/14 06:55 AM A Zed ate my night off...  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
So my wife declared last night she was going to watch some Norwegian family drama film and I figured fine, I'll grab some precious (these days) game time! Checked the boards to see what was hopping and I see this erstwhile crew of simmers (you guys) is spending its time in Zombieland. What?

I read the newbies' guide while it was downloading and gave it a run last night... suddenly it's 1 a.m.

Cool game. I managed to die three times in five hours. I chose servers with only a few humans in them as I figured humans are more likely to kill you than zombies. First time only took a short while as I tried to punch out a zombie with my bare fists (had nothing else) which didn't go so well. Second time I got myself nicely tooled up, with the Awesome Axe of One Hit Wondrousness, lots of food, water and even a can opener, and then made the mistake of going to an airbase. Stumbled on a guy lying in the grass with a rifle, figured he was hunting zombie, said 'hey wassup' and he got up and shot me. Not real polite. Third time I was still getting tooled up, climbed up the top of one of those spiral prisons to have a look around and zombie saw me from about 500 metres across town, came running straight over (they can run through fences?) and up the stairs, chased me off the top of the tower. Sheesh.

I finished the session holed up in a little house in the woods, near a pond, which I leave only to make short trips into the nearest town for supplies. I am collecting a good libary of books. If you stumble on me, the password for you guys is 'Frankenstein' - anyone else will be shot on sight.

wink

Fred

[Linked Image]
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3943052 - 04/22/14 09:33 PM Re: A Zed ate my night off... [Re: HeinKill]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Don't mean to derail the thread too badly, but are you the HeinKill of 'Plink' fame? If you are you'll know what I mean. Still the funniest posts I've read on sim boards. For some reason I think that was on Combatsim, but maybe it was here.

If not the same, my apologies for derailing the thread.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#3943200 - 04/23/14 05:40 AM Re: A Zed ate my night off... [Re: HeinKill]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
Ja ja....zat voz zen, und zis is now....Hahahahahahah! (Plink) scheisse...mein glass augen is fallen in my Martini....Fritz! Get the grubenwinkler! I can't grab it viz zis verdammt artificial hand!

Fritz? Vy are you lookingk at me like zat? Fritz, vy are you valking like zat? Fritz, vy are your teeths gnashing like zat?

Nein! Fritz you haff become a zombie!!

Gott. Hahaaahahaha Fritz you are so slow! Votch me dance around you hitting you viz my baseball bat. Ha you like zat? Come und get some.

Ow. You can jump ja? Ow. Ok Fritz it voz just a joke ja? Like a love tap leiblingk. Ow! Fritz I am bleedingk in my Martini you schwein!

You are unconscious.

(Ja, und ze verst part is thinkingk vot Fritz is doingk to my body vile I am unconscious.)

PS

You might like these:

Fat Fritz goes to war: http://youtu.be/eCn_AoedlI8
Fat Fritz goes to war 2: The joyride http://youtu.be/4CooR3fR17M
Fat Fritz goes to war 3: The Heist http://youtu.be/wi5exsUO_58

[Linked Image]
#3943291 - 04/23/14 01:39 PM Re: A Zed ate my night off... [Re: HeinKill]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Haha, so were those posts at Combatsim? Wonder if they are archived? The adventures on the way to visit Hilda were classic. Anyway sorry for the derailment, but it was so darn funny.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#3943338 - 04/23/14 03:20 PM Re: A Zed ate my night off... [Re: DBond]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
Originally Posted By: DBond
Haha, so were those posts at Combatsim? Wonder if they are archived? The adventures on the way to visit Hilda were classic. Anyway sorry for the derailment, but it was so darn funny.

Indeedy. It was only 15 years ago. For better and worse, the internet never forgets, search EAW archive 1:

http://www.combatsim.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=search

However I have grown up now and am a much more mature person. Now back to my question about zombies.

Before I go searching all of zombieland for backpacks, is it possible to put a fully loaded backpack inside a backpack? I think I read somewhere about a 'backpack exploit' but don't want to waste time if that exploit has been eliminated.

I have run out of pockets to put all my books in. I know, I know, other players collect guns. Other players look forward to the day when stashed loot persist between sessions so they can hide weapons all over the place. Noisy useless things.

I look forward to building a library that persists between sessions.

Free for all to visit and borrow and death to anyone who returns a book late.

Hein-(the librarian)-Kill

PS I tried to kill a zombie with a book. That didn't go so well either. Also, the old saying that the pen is mightier than the sword (or axe)? That is BS too.

[Linked Image]
#3943361 - 04/23/14 04:41 PM Re: A Zed ate my night off... [Re: HeinKill]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
LOL HeinKill Fritz the zombie

#3943514 - 04/23/14 09:49 PM Re: A Zed ate my night off... [Re: HeinKill]  
marsvb Offline
marsvb  Offline

united states
lol, the larger backpacks hold 35 single slots, thats 35 books for your conversion needs....and the days of inception style backpack nesting are long past.

The chest rig is 8 slots, several pants have 6 slots and most shirts have 4 slots. I try and find green or brown clothes and i use the green 30 slot backpack called a hunter backpack.
I try and not be noticed so the earth tones help blend in better, but i stay away from the cammo patterns because bandits favor it and the guy looking through the scope may be low on ammo.

new patch out today adds the .44 stuff and experimental is working on respawning loot, tents and packs saving after server restarts is also in the pipeline.

add ogernutz to steam if you want a tour guide, maybe we can trade some books :}

#3943587 - 04/24/14 12:44 AM Re: A Zed ate my night off... [Re: HeinKill]  
HitchHikingFlatlander Offline
HitchHikingFlatlander  Offline

California
LOL glad you enjoyed your first foray into DayZ feel free to add me too, steam name is the same as my forum name. I have been neglecting DayZ lately so wouldn't mind running around with a fellow SHQer!

I've got a bad feeling about this.....
#3943873 - 04/24/14 03:11 PM Re: A Zed ate my night off... [Re: HeinKill]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
So, that's a max of about 48 slots? Should be enough once I finish shopping for all the right kit then because I don't need to carry any food, I just eat it as I find it, and I have a pond for water (doubles for baths - man I am glad I can't smell you guys. I bet you smell worse than the zombies, coz I never see any of you in the water). Use my axe to open the food, don't need a slot for screwdriver or can opener. I never hardly use my Mosin, so I only have one slot for ammo.

But I need that hunter backpack and chest rig! Haven't even seen a chest rig out there yet (sounds rather like something I would buy my wife for valentine's day?)

I can see I will need to trade loot for books though. What would be the best currency for bartering? Ammo? Bandages? IV bags? Pistols?

Will add Ogernutz and HHF to Steam. I am using BigFattFreddy. But just to set expectations, I aint gonna invite you around to my crib. Aint no one gonna know where I live. I mean, I trust you guys, you don't sound like sociopathic bookstealers...but you might tell those other guys. I mean, they look creeeepy.

There are however, exceptions if you have a friend like this...

[Linked Image]
#3943935 - 04/24/14 04:21 PM Re: A Zed ate my night off... [Re: HeinKill]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
In the second pic it almost appears like the girl is tethered to the tree. You can see a wire at the base of the tree

#3943939 - 04/24/14 04:26 PM Re: A Zed ate my night off... [Re: HeinKill]  
marsvb Offline
marsvb  Offline

united states
An example of the pack and chest rig i try to use, weapons vary but the sks is the one i try to get setup. Those tan 2 story houses with the piano in them always have several books laying about upstairs , i will try and find some interesting ones :}

#3943945 - 04/24/14 04:35 PM Re: A Zed ate my night off... [Re: HeinKill]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
You wish bish.

Free roam

[Linked Image]
#3943977 - 04/24/14 05:23 PM Re: A Zed ate my night off... [Re: HeinKill]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Lol, yes, yes I do

#3944047 - 04/24/14 07:12 PM Re: A Zed ate my night off... [Re: HeinKill]  
Mace71 Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Mace71  Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran

Darlington, UK.
I'm glad there are very few military clothes around now as it was silly seeing everyone running round looking like we were playing Arma. Far better with civvy clothes.

Antec 902 | Intel i7 920 2.66Ghz OC'd to 3.40GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 660 Black Knight 2048MB GDDR5 | Corsair 6GB DDR3 | Coolermaster V8 CPU Cooler | W7 64

"There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing." Aristotle
#3944743 - 04/26/14 04:27 AM Re: A Zed ate my night off... [Re: HeinKill]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Ammo boxes and the yellow carry boxes can still cause lag and crashes, i had to ditch a pair the other day. You will see if they are an issue if you logged out with them in pristine,good, worn to badly damaged when next log in. If so it is best to check the condition of your gear within and ditch the box/container.

This is my current dude, trying to keep him in hobo/apoc wandering gunslinger mode, just need some non mil pants. Some guy attacked me in Polana with a pipe wrench while i was considering whether to bandage him or not as he ran into town bleeding, 40 pop server. I ended up giving him one barrel and nearly jumped off my chair with how loud it was , the dog next door started barking , 1.30 am lol biggrin

On a side note..didn't old Fritz end up fighting for the brits ?

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.