Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3940525 - 04/17/14 04:49 AM Issue with medals in the Campaign...?  
SSPEIPER Offline
SSPEIPER  Offline

I just flew my 14th mission and shot down another 2 Nieup 16's to take my tally to 19 thus far.

Post mission I was awarded the Pour le Mérite for the 2nd time....???

I patched the game to the latest version so not sure what it up here.

#3940555 - 04/17/14 09:35 AM Re: Issue with medals in the Campaign...? [Re: SSPEIPER]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

I'm no medal expert but as far as I know some recipients of the Orden Pour le Mérite received the award twice or more.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#3940558 - 04/17/14 09:46 AM Re: Issue with medals in the Campaign...? [Re: SSPEIPER]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Sorry Pol, but no WWI pilot was ever awarded the Orden Pour le Mérite twice, and the only people who ever did where of extremely high rank and even then was very rare. IMHO, the PlM should be set so that it can only be given once in WOFF. My EIII pilot has just been presented it for the third time and he is at 19 victories and four months at the front.

Still the best WWI combat flight sim around though and I am loving it.

cheers

Lou

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

#3940562 - 04/17/14 10:30 AM Re: Issue with medals in the Campaign...? [Re: SSPEIPER]  
Hasse Offline
Hasse  Offline

Yes, that should be fixed, if at all possible. As Lou wrote, no pilot was awarded the PLM twice. A second award came in the form of an oak leave cluster attached to the cross, and only high-ranking officers (or some heads of state of the Central Powers) received them in WW1. There were only a few dozen such awards compared the several hundreds of PLMs awarded during the Great War.

Also the PLM was never awarded to privates and NCOs (same goes for many other awards), but it's understandable that WOFF can't model every little detail of the rather complicated awards systems of the time. smile

"Upon my word I've had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers."

James McCudden, Five Years in the Royal Flying Corps
#3940566 - 04/17/14 10:47 AM Re: Issue with medals in the Campaign...? [Re: SSPEIPER]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Agreed Hasse. It would be nice if the coding could be worked so that privates and non-coms would receive the Goldenes Militär-Verdienstkreuz, (Golden Military Merit Cross), rather than the PlM, as this honour was considered the ORs "Blue Max". But as you say, there is only so much we can expect.
smile2

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.

#3940570 - 04/17/14 11:08 AM Re: Issue with medals in the Campaign...? [Re: SSPEIPER]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

We don't have "with bars" or "with clusters" added to medals though. It should still be possible to receive another or with bars etc but anyway put it on the wish list by all means.

Regards,

Polovski,
#3940578 - 04/17/14 11:36 AM Re: Issue with medals in the Campaign...? [Re: SSPEIPER]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Well OK then, consider it on my list Pol. And by the way, I'm putting you and all the devs up for the Imperial Service Order. If ever there was group more deserving of this most prestigious honour it's you lot.

salute

Lou

[Linked Image]

#3940582 - 04/17/14 11:46 AM Re: Issue with medals in the Campaign...? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: RAF_Louvert

Well OK then, consider it on my list Pol. And by the way, I'm putting you and all the devs up for the Imperial Service Order. If ever there was group more deserving of this most prestigious honour it's you lot.

salute

Lou

Lou;

That is a nice medal which I presume you have acquired. I have a collection too! We should exchange notes some time!

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#3940602 - 04/17/14 12:23 PM Re: Issue with medals in the Campaign...? [Re: SSPEIPER]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Robert, that ISO is actually in the KiwiMedals collection, much as I might wish it were in mine. Yes, we should trade notes, I'd like to see what you have gathered together over the years Sir and share with you my little gathering of Great War trinkets and baubles.

Last edited by RAF_Louvert; 04/17/14 12:24 PM.

[Linked Image]

#3940611 - 04/17/14 12:37 PM Re: Issue with medals in the Campaign...? [Re: SSPEIPER]  
Nefaro Offline
Nefaro  Offline

I believe the German silver chalice awarded for your first air kill doesn't get awarded if you have multiple kills confirmed at the same time.

I had 2 or 3 kills in one mission, on a new pilot, and they were later confirmed at the same time. He never got the award and would never receive it.

(For Tech Reference)
i7-4770k Intel Processor @3.5Ghz, 16GB System RAM, GTX760 2GB video, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD (with Win7-64 on it).
#3940613 - 04/17/14 12:49 PM Re: Issue with medals in the Campaign...? [Re: SSPEIPER]  
Hasse Offline
Hasse  Offline

Yes, there seems to be a problem when multiple victories get confirmed at the same time and some awards are then skipped over.

"Upon my word I've had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers."

#3940685 - 04/17/14 02:50 PM Re: Issue with medals in the Campaign...? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Rick_Rawlings Offline
Rick_Rawlings  Offline

Originally Posted By: RAF_Louvert
My EIII pilot has just been presented it for the third time and he is at 19 victories and four months at the front.

cheers

Lou

Lou, I hear those extra ones make excellent throwing stars for those top secret raids behind the lines! jamesbond

The older I get, the more I realize I don't need to be Han, Luke or Leia. I'm just happy to be rebel scum...
#3940721 - 04/17/14 03:45 PM Re: Issue with medals in the Campaign...? [Re: SSPEIPER]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

GASP! Use an original Great War vintage PlM as a throwing star? Sacrilege!

[Linked Image]

#3940814 - 04/17/14 06:38 PM Re: Issue with medals in the Campaign...? [Re: SSPEIPER]  
manfas Offline
manfas  Offline

It would be great if the German award system could be reworked to be more historically accurate with no multpile PLM decorations and only one Iron Cross class in 1916 and 1917. Did anybody receive The Royal House Order of Hohenzollern?

#3940873 - 04/17/14 08:40 PM Re: Issue with medals in the Campaign...? [Re: SSPEIPER]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Many thanks Lou wink

Manfas, yes it would be great but the awards system is already incredibly complicated even to do what it does now.
To cope with all the different combinations, and the many rules would be a program in itself.

Regards,

Polovski,
#3941077 - 04/18/14 10:39 AM Re: Issue with medals in the Campaign...? [Re: manfas]  
Hasse Offline
Hasse  Offline

Originally Posted By: manfas
It would be great if the German award system could be reworked to be more historically accurate with no multpile PLM decorations and only one Iron Cross class in 1916 and 1917. Did anybody receive The Royal House Order of Hohenzollern?

Actually there were three Iron Cross classes as authorized by the Kaiser in August 1914, when the decoration was re-established: the 2nd and 1st class, and the rare Grand Cross of the Iron Cross with only five recipients during the war.

I have seen the Hohenzollern Order on some AI pilots.

#3941700 - 04/19/14 05:35 PM Re: Issue with medals in the Campaign...? [Re: SSPEIPER]  
Al Lowe Offline
Sgt. in charge of the booze
Al Lowe  Offline

Mason, MI USA
I don't know how the current German military hands out gongs, but in both WWI and WWII, so far as I know, no award was given out more than once. They way it worked was, you started at the bottom, and slowly worked your way up.

If you already had the Iron Cross 2nd class, your next award was the Iron Cross 1st class. The board game, "Dawn Patrol actually has a list of how the Prussian awards were handed out. For the German air service it was based on the number of victories. At least for fighter pilots. I don't know what the criteria was for bomber/recon pilots and gunners.

FYI, The blue max was first awarded at 8 victories when Immelmann and Boelcke got theirs. By the time MvR got his, the required number had been raised to 16. By 1918, it was 20. Some people mistakenly think it was raised beyond that late in the war, but that was only because it took longer, from the time the recipient made his 20th kill to the time it caught up with him.

I'm not sure what the standards were in WWII, but I'm sure it was something similar. Of course, as that war went on, they had to create newer and higher levels of the Knight's cross. Hence, oak leaves, swords, diamonds, and last, golden oak leaves. I think only Hans Ulrich Rudel got that last version. Then again, he did destroy 519 of tanks, sink a Russian battleship, and shot down 9 enemy aircraft. Mostly while flying a JU-87 Stuka.

Al Lowe
http://www.billybishop.net
http://www.redbaron3d.net/
Current System:
Windows 10
MSI 760GM-E51 mainboard with
AMD FX-8350 8 core processor running at 4.2 GHZ
16GB of DDR3 RAM @ 800 MHZ
AMD Radeon R9 285 GPU w 2GB of GDDR5 RAM @ 1375mhz
#3941792 - 04/19/14 09:34 PM Re: Issue with medals in the Campaign...? [Re: SSPEIPER]  
Leaf85 Offline
Leaf85  Offline

Calgary, AB. Canada
Al, is that the 'Dawn Patrol' of TSR fame? I used to have a copy of the ancient "Fight in the Skies" published by Tactical Studies Rules/Mike Carr. I've still got a tattered copy of Avalon Hill's Richtofen's War.

Last edited by Leaf85; 04/19/14 09:36 PM.

Currently dabbling in;
WOTR/BoF, Naval Action! also Run 8,
IL2BOS/BOM smile

"Once again we have failed to die."-- old naval toast
#3941848 - 04/20/14 01:07 AM Re: Issue with medals in the Campaign...? [Re: Leaf85]  
Al Lowe Offline
Al Lowe  Offline

Mason, MI USA
Originally Posted By: Leaf85
Al, is that the 'Dawn Patrol' of TSR fame? I used to have a copy of the ancient "Fight in the Skies" published by Tactical Studies Rules/Mike Carr. I've still got a tattered copy of Avalon Hill's Richtofen's War.
Yup, that's the one. I had an original FITS that Mike Carr had published himself, and then the later version published by TSR, that added a sort of role playing element. That copy, I still have.

Al Lowe
http://www.billybishop.net
http://www.redbaron3d.net/
Current System:
Windows 10
MSI 760GM-E51 mainboard with
AMD FX-8350 8 core processor running at 4.2 GHZ
16GB of DDR3 RAM @ 800 MHZ
AMD Radeon R9 285 GPU w 2GB of GDDR5 RAM @ 1375mhz
#3941854 - 04/20/14 01:26 AM Re: Issue with medals in the Campaign...? [Re: Al Lowe]  
Leaf85 Offline
Leaf85  Offline

Calgary, AB. Canada
Originally Posted By: Al Lowe
Originally Posted By: Leaf85
Yup, that's the one. I had an original FITS that Mike Carr had published himself, and then the later version published by TSR, that added a sort of role playing element. That copy, I still have.

Brilliant. That brought back a lot of good memories. Going to see if I can't find a copy somewhere. Cheers for that.

Appologies to the OP for off-topic.

Kind regards,
Dave

Currently dabbling in;
WOTR/BoF, Naval Action! also Run 8,
IL2BOS/BOM smile

"Once again we have failed to die."-- old naval toast

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.