Hop To
#3928579 - 03/22/14 06:58 PM PzBtl911(v) AAR SBPro PE "Punching Dragon V3"  
Duke911 Offline
Schlappeseppel
Duke911  Offline
Schlappeseppel

Hessen/ Germany
Servus,

Before we start, go for a coffee and take a seat. You can now enjoy the 84 minutes with me in an EagleIV.

Attack/Reconnaissance

Units:
1 plt Ulan
1 Sect Leopard 2A5
1 plt EagleIV with Lemur and cal.50 RWS

Enemy: UK

Time Limit: max 100min or by Trigger

Terrain: AUTUMN

Map: BERGEN-HOHNE

Situation:
Enemy:
Two hours ago British paratroopers landed at FREIFLAECHE, 2000m west of CAMP LANGEMANNSHOF. It is suggested
that those airborne units secure FREIFLAECHE for further offensive actions from mechanized forces advancing
from the north. Air operations could recognize an enemy tank company 15km north of LEHMBECK-LUEHRSBOCKEL which
is actually on the march in S-direction.
Enemy´s intention is most likely as described, to secure FREIFLAECHE and Gr. ASCH with infantry units until
heavy units can attack via RENNBAHN and HANDWEISER towards FISCHENDORFER BACH passes and to build and secure
an own bridgehead, waiting for further reinforcements.

Friendly:
PzBtl911(v) has taken positions west of FISCHENDORFER BACH passes with 4th and 5th company. The CO plans an
attack towards BECKLINGER HOLZ with Bravo plt 5./911 and a section of Bravo plt 4./911 in order to over watch
FREIFLAECHE and firing lanes 20/21 (SB 20/21).
A Recon platoon is assigned to the InfPlt and should recon FREIFLAECHE and then deploy a forward position
north of firing lane 20 (SB20).
The reinforced InfPlt secures along planned security line und prepares for delay action. At HANDWEISER
(IntOBJ) a distribution point has to be set up, support vehicles will poceed to this position.

A battery from German PzArtBtl 915 is still on the march and likely will be operable in one hour.
5./911 will get access to one plt with 3 tubes.

Mission:
-Take Intermediate OBJ.
-secure IntOBJ until own support vehicles have arrived.
-Take positions along security line (SL) and prepare for delay operation.
-Deploy forward positions (FP) with HAWK.

Execution:
-according to ALPHA-PltLdr

ArtSupport:
-1 plt á 3 tubes: HE/Smoke/FASCAM (operable in about app. 60mins)

Assignments:
-1 mech Inf plt - CV90/35 (2.Co/44 PainBtl)
-1 Tank section - Leopard 2A5 (4.Co/42 TkBtl)
-1 plt - EagleIV with Lemur and cal 50.RWS

By Trigger:
-1 ARV

Callsigns:
brevity list: KILO-BRAVO
4./911 - KANTATE
5./911 - ROTLICHT
PzArtBtl915 -GEMÜSE

Time:
max. 100min

Mission ends when:
-Trigger "End Mission"
-FP has been deployed.

Hints:
Trigger can only be activated by ALPHA and DELTA (Auge).
Triggers concerning the FP can only be activated by DELTA (Auge)

Weather:
occasional rain, Temp. 14°C
Visibility around 1500-2500m

The mission is made by Gladiator. Yes our tank nut from the Zahme Ratte V3, Lappland, First Clash, Bissiger Serval and Schwarzer Scorpion mission.
This time he was not asking for a tank, this time he lead us through the battle in an IFV Ulan.

His plan was simple. We start moving with DELTA (me and my 3 EagleIV) as point platoon till ZZ.
Behind me was ALPHA (4x Ulan) and behind ALPHA was Bravo (2x Leo2A5).
After taking ZZ we split in two groups. DELTA and ALPHA 2 (Dr.Thodt) on the right side over PL POSAUNE to SL and ALPHA and Bravo section on the left side.
After SL DELTA move forward to establish the combat outpost. ALPHA and BRAVO over watch the open area.
My Job was to report enemy and to fall back to SL if they attack my position.

x+1:

EagleIV commanders place

I`m moving out.

x+2:

x+3:

Here you can see the cal.50 RWS TIS. I had 2 EagleIV with cal.50 RWS and 1 EagleIV with Lemur and a 40mm grenade launcher.

x+4:

Here you can see me near ZZ. I moved as fast as possible. Now the Mikromanagement started.

x+5:

Lemur weappon station

I took one callsign to check the situation in front of me.

x+6:

I checked to my left and to my right, everything was ok. "Driver move forward and to the right, next bp behind the house". CONTACT...

"Gunner fire at will, Driver stop" "ALPHA this is DELTA enemy Inf eastern part of ZZ, plt strenght, need help immediatly, over"

x+7:

in fire fight...

x+8:

ALPHA support me and started to engage enemy airborne soldiers.

We won.

x+9:

ALPHA is over watching my movement to eastern part of ZZ.

x+10:

So I secure ZZ to the right, we are now going in attack formation for the second part and waiting for our supply callsigns.

x+11:

I don`t like to wait for the ARV and the ammo truck, so I asked for an recon mission along my attack route.
Gladiator gave me the permission, but only recon no fire fight. So I prepared a route for my EagleIV.

x+12:

I´m planning again...

x+13:

I´m moving out with 2 EagleIV.

x+14:

x+15:

x+16:

A short break, engines of, but I can hear nothing.

x+17:

I set up my speed to low.

x+18:

There is something in front of me. "ALPHA this is DELTA over...

x+19:

We are under small arms fire, "Gunner fire... Driver backwards, quick.

Driver I said backward and not forward, Gunner hold down infantry...

My gunner was good.

x+20:

These airbornes are tough fighters, but not with me.

We are holding our position and my 3rd callsign is moving forward to reinforce us.

x+21:

Gladiator gave me permission to move forward to PL POSAUNE if I have no contact.

I had a bad feeling, so I was very carefully.

x+22:

There was an airborne plt around me, backwards was no option. I gave Gladiator a SITREP and he ordered a section of Ulans forward to support.

x+23:

40mm Lemur in action.

My Eagle break through the lines but my other 2 were in trouble.

x+24:

I lost one callsign and decided to fall back with the second. I found a good way and ALPHA 2 was now in the area.

x+25:

x+26:

The good news, I can say ALPHA 2 where the enemy is situated, so he could start his work.

ALPHA 2 started his attack with his Grunts in front.

x+27:

They took out the enemy infantry and I started to collect my platoon. I also heared some special engine sound between me and ALPHA. Enemy Scimitars are in the area but where?

x+28:

x+29:

Our job was now to recon to SL. The group of ALPHA had also contact with enemy airbornes, but where are the Scimitars?

x+30:

I can see area of SL in my sector.

Damn, SITREP of the ARV commander "ENEMY SCIMITARS MOVING IN..."

x+31:

Gladiator our leader answered very cool. "This is ALPHA copy, stop crying!, stay hidden, engines off, use your cal.50; out", "ALPHA this is ARV, I have no cal.50, over", "ARV this is ALPHA good luck; out"

x+32:

Back to my business, I started to find a good position to overwatch the open area and ALPHA 2 wait.

x+33:

I spotted enemy infantry and some vehicles behind, maybe Warriors. I gave my leader a SITREP and he stopped me.

x+34:

ALPHA 2 called his Grunts back.

x+35:

Yes there is an enemy mechinf plt with Warriors in the area and we have no Arty. Gladiator decided to attack with the complete ALPHA plt. They destroyed also 2 Scimitars between our postions.

x+36:

x+37:

Ulan in action. I had now also the ALPHA 2 Ulans, because Dr.Thodt dropped. I like Mikromanagement.

x+38:

Now some impressions of the fire fight with my Ulan.

Gunners place IFV Ulan

x+39:

We destroyed the Warrior plt in our crossing fire, but 1 Scimitar survived. No SITREP from the ARV commander.

x+40:

The situation on SL was under control, we secure the area with 4 Ulan, 2 Leo and 3 EagleIV.

x+41:

Now I collected my EagleIV plt to start recon along the right border.

x+42:

Good news from ZZ. Our ARV commander is still alive, and whispered "3 Scimitars north of ZZ, over watch to the main crossroads in ZZ, Out"

X+43:

x+44:

I gave my IFV Ulan to Gladiator and started recon to our combat outpost bp.

x+45:

Our ARV commander hold contact to the Scimitar plt. confused

x+46:

x+47:

I split the plt, to check the area behind KLEINER DELLBERG.

x+48:

x+49:

Last edited by Duke911; 03/23/14 07:04 AM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3928584 - 03/22/14 07:07 PM Re: PzBtl911(v) AAR SBPro PE "Punching Dragon V3" [Re: Duke911]  
Duke911 Offline
Schlappeseppel
Duke911  Offline
Schlappeseppel

Hessen/ Germany
x+50:

x+51:

x+52:

I was now in position to start to go in the combat otpost bp.

x+53:

I dismounted my Teams and started recon by foot.

I used my Grunts because I heared the Scimitar was still in the area and there was something else, maybe Tanks.

x+54:

x+55:

x+56:

Where are the tanks?

x+57:

x+58:

Pardauz Kardengel... 1 EagleIV destroyed, why from where?????

x+59:

An enemy tank plt (Challenger2) in front of me, moving in.

I reported everything to Gladiator. He decided to stay hidden, no fire fight against the tanks.

x+60:

We are holding contact.

x+61:

Damn, pushed the wrong key...

x+62:

Enemy tanks moving to our left border, I can hold conatact with my Grunts and my last EagleIV is on the way. The other Team is still overwatching from our combat outpost.

x+63:

x+64:

x+65:

My EagleIV is in position and my Grunts going back in the combat outpost. Good news we have not Arty support.

x+66:

Always watch your 6.

x+67:

He, He I was reporting the movement of the tanks so our Tanks were perfect prepared to say Hello.

x+68:

Enemy tanks behind Dellberg and I was reporting and reporting...

x+69:

x+70:

x+71:

Our Arty sent a smoke mission, they are still sleeping, we wanted an ICM strike. Oh man...

x+72:

The first Chally came up and our both Leos started a perfect fire attack and destroyed the first Chally.

x+73:

Our tanks destroyed the second Chally too and the third was falling back.

x+74:

I follow the last Chally.

x+75:

x+76:

I lost contact for a short time.

x+77:

Gladiator decided to take out, the last Chally and ordered our tank section forward.

x+78:

x+79:

Our Leos finished the job.

x+80:

Time for me to go back to my combat outpost. My Grunts reported Scimitar sounds.

x+81:

During the tanks fighted against the Challys, Gladiator sent a section of Ulans back to ZZ.
They destroyed 3 Scimitars, so our ARV commander was happy.

x+82:

My Grunts reported an Scimitar in front, I was moving in and took him out with my 40mm Grenades.

x+83:

x+84:

Yes, we got it.

scoring

last positions

There were some enemy infantry units left in front of our combat outpost.

mortar

So thats all, hope you enjoyed it and it was not to boring.

If you want to play this mission, we have a english version and a dutch version available (The name is Blaffende Honden).

English and Dutch Version

cheers

Duke

#3928628 - 03/22/14 09:23 PM Re: PzBtl911(v) AAR SBPro PE "Punching Dragon V3" [Re: Duke911]  
Gibsonm Offline
Gibsonm  Offline

Sydney, NSW
Nice AAR Duke!

Did you guys and UK Armour have a disagreement that made the UK and Germany enemies?

Mark (}-:
LTCOL RAAC
IAW the Defence Communication Manual 2016, Chapter 3, paragraphs 3.28 - 3.30 - The views expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of the Department of Defence.
#3928641 - 03/22/14 10:13 PM Re: PzBtl911(v) AAR SBPro PE "Punching Dragon V3" [Re: Gibsonm]  
crusty Offline
crusty  Offline

Whitstable, Kent, UK
Originally Posted By: Gibsonm
Nice AAR Duke!

Did you guys and UK Armour have a disagreement that made the UK and Germany enemies?

It's probably something I said. I have that effect on people biggrin

Regards
Crusty
UK ARMOUR (SB)
#3928748 - 03/23/14 07:14 AM Re: PzBtl911(v) AAR SBPro PE "Punching Dragon V3" [Re: Duke911]  
Duke911 Offline
Schlappeseppel
Duke911  Offline
Schlappeseppel

Hessen/ Germany
Hi Mark,

yes I have a disagreement with some of these guys, but we are going Off Topic and it´s not the reason for this mission.
Everytime to destroy russian equipment is boring, so Gladiator decided to use the UK equipment.
If you play the english or dutch version you have dutch equipment for Blue.
Hi Crusty next year or in two years I come to Bovington and we drink some beer together. cheers

cheers

Duke

#3928955 - 03/23/14 09:51 PM Re: PzBtl911(v) AAR SBPro PE "Punching Dragon V3" [Re: Duke911]  
enigma6584 Offline
enigma6584  Offline

Wisconsin, USA
Superb AAR!

#3929105 - 03/24/14 07:09 AM Re: PzBtl911(v) AAR SBPro PE "Punching Dragon V3" [Re: Duke911]  
crusty Offline
crusty  Offline

Whitstable, Kent, UK
Originally Posted By: Duke911
Hi Mark,

yes I have a disagreement with some of these guys, but we are going Off Topic and it´s not the reason for this mission.
Everytime to destroy russian equipment is boring, so Gladiator decided to use the UK equipment.
If you play the english or dutch version you have dutch equipment for Blue.
Hi Crusty next year or in two years I come to Bovington and we drink some beer together. cheers

cheers

Duke

Hi Duke, I'd like that a lot mate cheers

and well done on another great AAR, very enjoyable, you feel like you
are there when you read it, you are rather good at these smile2

Last edited by crusty; 03/24/14 07:10 AM.

Regards
Crusty
UK ARMOUR (SB)
#3929353 - 03/24/14 05:48 PM Re: PzBtl911(v) AAR SBPro PE "Punching Dragon V3" [Re: Duke911]  
enigma6584 Offline
enigma6584  Offline

Wisconsin, USA
I think Duke911 and Gibsonm are the reining AAR gurus. Going to be hard to do ones as good as they.

#3929557 - 03/24/14 11:41 PM Re: PzBtl911(v) AAR SBPro PE "Punching Dragon V3" [Re: Duke911]  
Gibsonm Offline
Gibsonm  Offline

Sydney, NSW
Well after the 5th there maybe some new ones. smile

Mark (}-:
LTCOL RAAC
IAW the Defence Communication Manual 2016, Chapter 3, paragraphs 3.28 - 3.30 - The views expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of the Department of Defence.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.