Hop To
#3928773 - 03/23/14 09:20 AM PzBtl911(v) AAR SBPro PE "FALLBEIL V3"  
Duke911 Offline
Schlappeseppel
Duke911  Offline
Schlappeseppel

Hessen/ Germany
Servus,

This time action with a tank platoon Leo2A5.
The Scenario is made by Abraxas.
He is an excellent Scenario Designer and I like his missions very much.
He is also the father of Gladiator, yes the tank nut from the Punching Dragon, Zahme Ratte V3, Lappland, First Clash, Bissiger Serval and Schwarzer Skorpion mission.

We had 4 tank commanders and 2 gunners so I decided to play the ARV and Medic.

Orders for the demolition guard WOLTHAUSEN:

1.situation
a)enemy:
Is attacking from the SOUTH and has reached the river ALLER. We spotted BMP-3 and T-90s.
We think the enemy Intention is crossing the river ALLER and attacking the area of BERGEN.

b)own:
BG 913 delayed enemy successfully. Our MechInf lost contact and falles back and prepare for a time-limited
defense south of BERGEN. Attached Tanks delay the enemy . A recon patrol over watch the enemy 2km in South-
East direction. We have no radio contact.

2.orders
913 cover withdrawing forces in the area WOLTHAUSEN, delay enemy for 60min, to give the battailon zime to
prepare defense.
in cooperation: 1 engineer group
Arty: 3 plt à 6 tubes from PzArtBtn915 (HE, smoke, ICM)
4 target points prepared (Art1-4)

3.execution
Tank plt(1st plt/ 2./911) at the moment southern part of WOLTHAUSEN.
-secure WOLTHAUSEN and ÖRTZE bridges along B3 and K3
-secure demolition preparations of engineers bridge ÖRTZE in WOLTHAUSEN.
-take over barrier documentation and blow up bridge on btn orders (password: FALLBEIL -> Trigger "Sprengen")
-emergency demolition if necessary
-overwatch withdraw of 2./911 from battle positions along B3 and K3
-delay enemy units till 0800 o`clock
-withdraw over way VIOLINE-OBOE, junction is marked
-collect in area of RES, supply and prepare for future missions

4.supply
-first supply in area of RES
-attached ARV and Medic

5.leading elements
brevity list (look in the map)

time 70min

Falli was our platoon leader and decided to overwatch with his section along B3 and with the other section along K3 on battle handover line (ANL KATSCHAU).
On his order withdraw to PL Düdeldidü dü dü and from there to PL Schubidu. Sorry for the names, we played this mission during the german carneval time.

After mission start the tanks are in position and I move to supply area v1.

commanders place Wisent ARV

Damn box, I can`t see anything behind me.

x+1

On the road again...

Oh our attached engineer group is moving in, I reported it to my plt leader.

Lemur weapon station

supply area v1

I go in position, the Lemur station gave me the opportunity to overwatch the forrest in our right flank.

The plt leader and his wingman in position to over watch the demolition preparation of the engineers.

Here you can see our own withdrawing forces. You see the CHARLY plt and our company commander along B3 and our BRAVO plt along K3. Both are in contact with enemy units.

welcome back guys

x+8

Here you can see the first enemy units along K3, ALPHA 2 is in fire fight against this units.
But the enemy fired back.

Enemy recon units between K3 and B3. Falli gave his wingman the order to take the recon units out.

Our withdrawing company in march to the NORTH.

The engineers are still working, no own units in front of us, and the enemy recon element still in position.

The wingman of Falli was a newbie, He tried his best to take out the BRDM-2 but unfortunatly he hit the wrong tank.
Thanks god only light damages.

The pulsse goes up, Falli and his Gunner overwatched the road, main effort in the distance.
Suddenly a BRDM-2 came from the left.
During this time the enemy break through in the SCHNIEDELWOODS to the north. So he was in our deep right flank.
Falli decided to fall back with ALPHA 2 to PL Düdeldidü dü dü. ALPHA 2 was also running out of ammo and wanted to reload. ALPHA has to wait till our engineers finishe their job.

ALPHA 2 is moving back

x+21

Ah our engineers are ready and march back. ALPHA is still in position waiting for btn orders.

No orders from the Btn, but the first enemy units are attacking along B3. ALPHA in fire fight.

F... the wingman got a missile hit and Falli was alone. He decided to blow up the bridge and to fall back.

The enemy was pushing, so he covered his withdraw with smoke.
I got the order to move to supply area v2.

x+25

ALPHA plt together, but Falli needed some ammo and ALPHA 2 and 3 too. The enemy was attacking in company strenght.

ALPHA fire fight was good, but the enemy was pushing and pushing no time to reload.

Falli decided to break contact and to withdraw to the NORTH. We need some time to reload and we spotted enemy tanks too. He also sent me to PL Schubidu.

In the right upper corner you can see his ammo status. He has only 2 rounds DM53 (sabot)left.

x+30

New orders for me. I have to go to the north of ACHTERBERG in a hidden position. Falli wants to wait for the enemy in the area of ACHTERBERG.

x+32

We are not running away, we are only moving fast.
I parked my ARV and Medic and our now in response for our Arty.
I set up two blocking missions, to give us time to reload.

In the last picture you can see the status of your missions.

Art2: (abgeschlossen) -> finished
AB004 (bereit) -> they are firing now
AB007 (auf Abruf) -> I can call when I need this mission

x+41

brevity list and our VRV (forward edge of the battle area [FEBA])

During the next time, we heard a lot of Arty fire. It gave us time to reload and now all tanks are full of ammo in the turret.

The Arty was firing and firing, I checked our Arty status and saw it was not our Arty which was firing.

I deleted all missions but the Arty was firing again and again...

ALPHA 2 in bp. You can see in the lower right corner the tank symbol and the 2 names.
You can see Dr.Thodt is the commander and Gladiator his Gunner.

I´m in position, ready to help.
The enemy was not attacking again, because there was still a blocking Arty fire in their way.
I could not stop our Arty, they were running amok.

In the next pictures, you can see the waiting enemy units.

T-90

destroyed BMP-3 and a T-90 along B3

MT-55, and our bridge

So we decided to stop here.

Delay action is hard to play, you have to find out the right time to withdraw. This time we had also the order to wait till the Btn Cdr decided to blow up the bridge. But Falli managed this situation very good.

Thanks for reading.

cheers

Duke

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3928958 - 03/23/14 09:53 PM Re: PzBtl911(v) AAR SBPro PE "FALLBEIL V3" [Re: Duke911]  
enigma6584 Offline
enigma6584  Offline

Wisconsin, USA
Again, superb and detailed AAR!

#3928981 - 03/23/14 11:11 PM Re: PzBtl911(v) AAR SBPro PE "FALLBEIL V3" [Re: Duke911]  
Gibsonm Offline
Gibsonm  Offline

Sydney, NSW
Nice warm up.

Should the Wisent have the Lemur RWS or just a MG3?

(not a complaint just an enquiry) smile

Last edited by Gibsonm; 03/23/14 11:12 PM.

Mark (}-:
LTCOL RAAC
IAW the Defence Communication Manual 2016, Chapter 3, paragraphs 3.28 - 3.30 - The views expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of the Department of Defence.
#3929111 - 03/24/14 08:11 AM Re: PzBtl911(v) AAR SBPro PE "FALLBEIL V3" [Re: Duke911]  
Ssnake Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Ssnake  Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Hotshot

Germoney
The Wisent represents the current Danish configuration, which is equipped with a remote weapon station (optional).

Visit the home of Steel Beasts!
...the ultimate armor sim...
#3929123 - 03/24/14 09:49 AM Re: PzBtl911(v) AAR SBPro PE "FALLBEIL V3" [Re: Duke911]  
Gibsonm Offline
Gibsonm  Offline

Sydney, NSW
Ssnake,

Yes understood, just trying to get a feel for what the norm is so that the Wisents in Rolling Thunder (i.e. German vehicles) aren't either undergunned or too powerful.

Mark (}-:
LTCOL RAAC
IAW the Defence Communication Manual 2016, Chapter 3, paragraphs 3.28 - 3.30 - The views expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of the Department of Defence.
#3929148 - 03/24/14 11:15 AM Re: PzBtl911(v) AAR SBPro PE "FALLBEIL V3" [Re: Duke911]  
Ssnake Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Ssnake  Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Hotshot

Germoney
Remote Weapon Stations are a relatively new development. The question is in what time frame your scenario is set. If your Wisents represent the Bundeswehr, I think that the Bw is also beginning to equip logistics vehicles such as the ARVs with remote weapon stations, probably the FLW100 or 200 by KMW. The former would still be an MG3, the latter would probably be equipped with cal .50 (40mm AGL appears unlikely to me).

A very quick and cursory internet research has not yielded any hint about remote weapon stations on Bundeswehr owned ARVs (both BPz2 (a.k.a. Wisent) or BPz3 (based on Leo 2 chassis)). But the absence of proof is no proof for absence, of course.

Visit the home of Steel Beasts!
...the ultimate armor sim...
#3929157 - 03/24/14 11:37 AM Re: PzBtl911(v) AAR SBPro PE "FALLBEIL V3" [Re: Duke911]  
Smithcorp Offline
Smithcorp  Offline

Oz
You have been busy Duke! Great read as always.

#3929158 - 03/24/14 11:43 AM Re: PzBtl911(v) AAR SBPro PE "FALLBEIL V3" [Re: Ssnake]  
Gibsonm Offline
Gibsonm  Offline

Sydney, NSW
Originally Posted By: Ssnake
The question is in what time frame your scenario is set. If your Wisents represent the Bundeswehr, I think that the Bw is also beginning to equip logistics vehicles such as the ARVs with remote weapon stations, probably the FLW100 or 200 by KMW. The former would still be an MG3, the latter would probably be equipped with cal .50 (40mm AGL appears unlikely to me).

Time frame is present day so I'll stick with the current setup which is the default.

Thanks as always.

Mark (}-:
LTCOL RAAC
#3929177 - 03/24/14 12:34 PM Re: PzBtl911(v) AAR SBPro PE "FALLBEIL V3" [Re: Duke911]  
Duke911 Offline
Schlappeseppel
Duke911  Offline
Schlappeseppel

Hessen/ Germany
Hi Mark,

Sorry Mark I´m still at work.
Yes, no RWS for the Wisent.
But it would be nice in future to use the MG3 by Human player.
See you on Thursday.

cheers

Duke

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.