Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
#3829485 - 08/30/13 06:02 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
AggressorBLUE Offline
Check out my
AggressorBLUE  Offline
Check out my

Jerz
Originally Posted By: milan_croatia
Are you shure you didn't have trouble like that with other equipment before ?

I know of such problem...it is reported...but I didn't found a solution yet.

What I was told is that windows is stupid enough so every new controler you hook is going to get ID 1.

Especialy a problem if you already have your old pedals pluged - and then you unplug them and plug mine...what happens it that windows move all controller ID-s....and then for some reason force a new controller ID to 1. That's what I've been reported.

Most notably...controller is from Ukraina and used in BRD pedals over two years...so I didn't consider a firmware bug at all.

I've seen some Hacks to overcome this for WinXP, but none for Win7.

One thing that is also is important how simulator , or a game assign controller. If a game assign controller by ID ( Rise of flight, Il2, Il2 COD...) then you have to reasign all controls.

FSX don't have such problem,,,and I've been told DCS don't have that problem either.

So, This is important now :
If you can please check if unplugging and plugging other game devices couse a same behaviour or not
Everyone can make such check by plugging some old stick, pedals or something and then unplugg again.

Owners of MFG crosswind can make a comparison of behaviour of other hardware and MFG crosswind too.

It's important to me to determine if there is a bug in firmware of controller forcing it to take game controller ID 1 assignment in windows...so I can push our Ukrainian producer to make a change of that behaviour...Now he is telling me that it's up to windows to assign ID's.

Hopefully we will find a solution to this together.

Milan

Milan,

Thanks as always for your quick feedback! It appears it was the recent DCS update that wiped my controls (frustrating, but clearly not your fault!).

-I confirm FSX works fine, maintaining all controls

-Rise of Flight has the same issue switching back to Saitek pedals, so you were right.. I've also seen this behavior before with games based on the Unity Engine (namely Kerbal Space Program). The fix should be relatively simply though: Look at my existing profile, and write down which Device number is assigned to what axis, and plug them in in reverse order. Example, If joystick axis (Pitch/Roll) are assigned to device 1, and throttle to device 2, plug in Device 2 followed by Device 1, and the assignments will line up again.

-Saints Row however, is still an outstanding issue. If I have all my standing controllers (CH Fighterstick, CH Pro THrottle, CH Throttle Quad, Track IR), the Xbox 360 controller, and the Saitek pedals plugged in, the game works fine: taking inputs from the 360 controller. However, if I un-lug the Saitek pedals and plug in the crosswinds, the game appears to listen to that device as opposed to the 360 controller. Note, I purposely plugged in the Xbox controller first, THEN the Saitek pedals, to see if SR4 was simply defaulting to Device ID 1. It still worked, which means it is 'smart' enough to sniff out the 360 controller. Of note, Windows also fully recognizes my Xbox 360 Controller as such (as opposed to a generic controller).

I'm going to try the Device ID fix for Rise of Flight. If that doesn't work, I would think there might indeed be a firmware issue.

Last edited by AggressorBLUE; 08/30/13 06:03 PM.

My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ W/ Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / GTX 1070/ 16 Gigs DDR3 RAM / A Few SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case

Other Assets Deployed:
HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 smile
TrackIR TIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro biggrin
Simpit: Obutto R3VOLUTION

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3829488 - 08/30/13 06:13 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: AggressorBLUE]  
AggressorBLUE Offline
Check out my
AggressorBLUE  Offline
Check out my

Jerz
Well, my above solution for RoF didn't work.

Notably, I input my controllers in the following order:

1st Rudder (crosswinds)
2nd Quad
3rd Stick
4th Throttle

As windows assigns new devices as ID 0, they should come out as:
0-Throttle
1-Stick
2-Quad
3-Rudder (Crosswinds)

And they actually came out as
Rudder-Device 0 (crosswinds)
Quad-Device 4
Stick- Device 3
Throttle-Device 2
Edit: THe above are with the 360 controller plugged in the whole time.

With the 360 controller Unplugged (and not re-plugged in), the devices come out as:
Stick-2
Throttle-1
Quad-3
Rudder-0 (crosswinds)

Then when the 360 controller is plugged in (without having removed anything else since the test above):
Stick-3
Throttle-2
Quad-4
Rudder-0 (crosswinds)
360 Cont- 1 <this SHOULD be zero, as it was the last plugged in!

I then un-plugged the stick/throttle and re-plugged them in. The 360 controller and the pedals remained as device 1 and 0 respectively.

Finally, I un-plugged everything EXCEPT THE CROSSWINDS, and plugged in the 360 controller followed by the other devices. the 360 controller still showed as device 0.

Based on the above, I'd say it's pretty clear that the Pedals are "hogging" device 0, but that the 360 controller is also designed to always assign itself as device 0. This is probably the Issue Saints Row 4 has. It's programmed to always listen to Device 0, as the 360 controller should always be device 0. In this case however, the crosswinds are over-ruling the 360 controller. Saints row (as I fear many other games) lacks a way to change controller assignments, as it's designed to use the 360 controller and/or mouse and Keyboard.

For what it's worth, it's understandable that the 360 controller works this way. For many games it's the default controller, and this assures users can just pick up and play without have to deal with setting it up. For me, this would be fine except the crosswinds and the controller will always be fighting for the device 0 slot. frown

For now, the solution seems to be: Setup controls for ROF (without the 360 controller plugged in), then simply swap the 360 controller for the pedals when I move between sims and controller based games. Both devices should assign themselves the device 0 slot, but that won't reassign my other controllers so long as I make sure there's always 1 plugged in when the computer starts. Only thing is I HAVE to make sure I NEVER plug both in at once (or else everything gets bumped up a device number)

Is it possible to deploy a firmware update Milan?

Last edited by AggressorBLUE; 08/30/13 06:43 PM.

My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ W/ Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / GTX 1070/ 16 Gigs DDR3 RAM / A Few SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case

Other Assets Deployed:
HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 smile

#3829525 - 08/30/13 07:25 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
milan_croatia Offline
milan_croatia  Offline

Split, Croatia
Thanks for all that plugging and checking. And sorry about your trouble.

I just sent an e-mail to Ukrainian controller producer to check this out. I'll also send e-mail to other buyers to do this check too...so we find out if it's isolated issue at your machine or it's controler forcing itself as ID 0.

Anyway...if it's a controller I'll make shure to get a firmware upgrade.
On the other hand...I don't know If it can be upgraded from windows...I'll check with controler and firmware manufacturer and let you know.

#3829686 - 08/31/13 12:52 AM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
Originally Posted By: milan_croatia

What I was told is that windows is stupid enough so every new controler you hook is going to get ID 1.

Milan,

AFAIK this is not the way Windows enumerate controllers, they are listed by vendor product ID in firmware.
The lowest number are device ID1 (some games recognize as 0)

These ID number can be check with Dxdiag command, look at Input tab.
Or using VKB Show_HID software:

http://vkb-pro.ru/downloads/programs/viewdownload/3-programmy/5-show-hid

Sample - how some controllers are listed by Windows:

Their vendor ID:

Mjoy8 DIY (9 axis...) - firmware ID 0x002 > in decimal: 02
Thrustmaster T.16000M - firmware ID 0xB10A > in decimal: 45322
CH Fighterstick USB - firmware ID 0xC0F3 > in decimal: 49395

How game (il-2CloD in case) seem them:

Joystick 0 (seem by CloD as Joystick only = Mjoy (9 axis...)
Joystick 1 = Thrustmaster T.16000M
Joystick 2 = CH Fighterstick USB

In this case the last controller plugged are CH Fightestick USB and and he was not moved to ID1.

Quote:

Just to ilustrate: I am used to assemble some Mjoy(ATmega) DIY USB controller and his original firmware are planned to show then as first device for Windows, so use number 01 (this on above example are planned to by the second).

In case I plan use this controller in rudder, but needed to appear as the last device Windows (since in old il-2 1946 if the joystick is not ID1 is not possible to adjust the response curves in game - since the GUI show rudder instead).

So I change this ID number in HEX code - in case I use 9999 (but in binary number) - and rewrite the microcontroler ATMEGA and work as expected. Obviously this is not possible in major or controllers since they dont allow firmware rewrite. (Beyond Mjoy (obsolete) I think are possible in L2 controller).

Ask for your controller manufacturer to write firmware ID with the hight as possible.

Logitech provide a software - that work with another brands - caled JoyID that promises alter this ID enumeration.
Supposedly dont work for il-2:1946/CloD, I dont know if work in anothers games (or Win7/8 64 since are old):

http://www.wingmanteam.com/latest_software/gadgets.htm:

Related topic, that suggests edit register key to change ID: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=27113

Sokol1

Last edited by Sokol1; 08/31/13 12:59 AM.
#3829697 - 08/31/13 01:22 AM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
milan_croatia Offline
milan_croatia  Offline

Split, Croatia
Thanks Sokol...helpfull as always :-)

So In your opinion best to make Pedals ID high enough - in hope to always get the latest ID in windows. By doing so you make an assumption that pedals will always be a last gear to plug. If any user switch for a new joystick he'll be rewriting everything in game all over - no matter that pedals use high ID.

Based on your data I might guess that both my controller producer and Xbox 360 producer used very low ID ...like decimal 1,2,3 or similar...possibly they both use same ID and now collide in some games.

AgressorBlue, now you have one more way to test it. I'll be home tomorrow evening to test on my equipment too.

#3829705 - 08/31/13 02:19 AM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
AggressorBLUE Offline
Check out my
AggressorBLUE  Offline
Check out my

Jerz
Thanks to both of you for your (always!) helpful advice!

That said, based on how things populated in RoF, I'd say it's a mix of two things with how windows assigns device ID: The manufacturer can specify an ID, or Windows can assign one. The CH controls seem to let Windows assign them one, as they do jump around based on the order they're plugged in.

I hope to try these fixes tomorrow, but the next few days are getting pretty packed so no promises.

Other Assets Deployed:

#3829796 - 08/31/13 12:26 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
AggressorBLUE Offline
Check out my
AggressorBLUE  Offline
Check out my

Jerz
Update: it appears that RoF is indeed not assigning ID's in the 'right' way, as FSX and DCS do. It's using it's own proprietary numbering system.

That said, I did use the JoyID app that Sokol1 mentioned, and the Pedals showed up as device 5. So it appears more and more the problem is with these two specific games, Saints Row 4, and Rise of Flight (I don't have CloD installed to test this more, perhaps some other users can weigh in?)

The solution I'm looking at now, is getting a powered USB hub that has each channel on a switch, so I can quickly and easily swap around devices, including plugging them in in the order they're assigned in games like RoF. I also want to get into racing sims down the road, so this way I can also manage all those controllers without making joystick assignments a nightmare.

Other Assets Deployed:

#3829948 - 08/31/13 08:04 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
Slaw Offline
Slaw  Offline

Poland
Hi,milan_croatia.
Can you show the test of pedals as this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_yxvfONhBY&feature=share.
It is mine.
PS. It not advertizing.

Last edited by Slaw; 08/31/13 08:05 PM.
#3830044 - 09/01/13 02:10 AM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
milan_croatia Offline
milan_croatia  Offline

Split, Croatia
Of course slaw :-)
Especialy on Joytester 2...we could play "catch the tail" or "copy what you did in previous run" so snake apear like nothing changed there.

But, I won't publish such test. I'll let my customers do it, it will add credibility to the test. That test can look all sorts of ways...on my pedals with different cams and spring strenghts.

P.S. It is advertising, and I don't mind

EDIT ! - for Slaw
I am maybe rude to you. I just try to be honest here and expect the same. Your post is welcome here but don't tell people it's not advertising when it is. I did a look at your built pedals and I am not ashamed to say Well done ! I know how much engineering it take so I can only congratulate you on your pedals. Only thing I really dislike is centering. It's similar to VKB, Simpeds, Baloo style...and it can provide fine centering with a weaker spring stiffnes but you cannot avoid center "bump". And it's not realistic either. Also, you published very little info about your pedals, no timeframe, predicted price etc....and I published a lot. So I found iritating when you ask me for some sprecs when in general you want publicity. It's ok, I don't mind people knowing for your product too.

On behalf of your question...I can reproduce your pedals behaviour in joytester 2 with my cam6 and very low spring tension on pedals. Hovewer...Not a single user of my pedals use that configuration when they fly.

Last edited by milan_croatia; 09/02/13 02:36 AM.
#3832808 - 09/06/13 03:21 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
milan_croatia Offline
milan_croatia  Offline

Split, Croatia
I closed 2nd preordering process and I put some news on my web so take a look for info.

Onfortunately I think some of my mail with preorder offer ended in spam filters becouse some interested people didn't respond at all. I did respond to all e-mails I recived.

P.S. gallery on website is up, still a bit buggy but working :-)

Funny, how my end of preordering - kind of a small kickstarter....ended the day DCS WW2 kickstarter started....and my delivery date of preordered pedals is the same as DCS WW2 kickstarter end. It ended that way when last pedal set was preordered....weird ha

#3833771 - 09/08/13 03:51 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
milan_croatia Offline
milan_croatia  Offline

Split, Croatia
Win a set of MFG Crosswind by supporting DCS WW2 kickstarter with 40$ or more !!!!!!

It is initiative from ATAG Bliss on atag forum...here is info how it goes
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5635

And DCS WW2 Kickstarter site :
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/508681281/dcs-wwii-europe-1944

Idea is to get DCS WW2 funded...and one random will get a set of MFG Crosswind if there are more than 1000 pledges on ATAG Forum.

So spread the word, around all forums you know, let people know

Milan

Edit :
I joined the game to share expenses with Atag_Bliss, and I added a bit of spice :

Pedals will have S/N 0033 - with special engraving of the owners name, or his sqad name

Last edited by milan_croatia; 09/08/13 10:13 PM.
#3838582 - 09/18/13 07:39 AM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: IvanK]  
klem Offline
klem  Offline

UK
Originally Posted By: IvanK

only issue I had was figuring out where Win7 hides the calibration panel ! Here is the way to it for future refrence.............................

Hi IvanK smile

or you could:-
Start...
Devices and Printers...
Right Click on device and select Game Controller Settings

Last edited by klem; 09/18/13 07:40 AM.

klem
#3844255 - 10/01/13 04:10 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
BigC208 Offline
BigC208  Offline

Charlotte NC USA
I made a base for my crosswind rudder set. They kept moving around on the laminate floor. Used some plywood and kickboard that I had laying in the garage. Used woodscrews for now to test but will use nuts and bolts for the final version after I sand and paint the whole thing white. On the bottom of the base I put shure tape, anti sliding tape for rugs. It's rock solid now, no more sliding. The crosswinds are put together really well. No slop or slack anywhere. Very precise control is now possible compared to the CH Pro pedals I had for years. Very happy with the set. Thanks for putting these together Milan and keeping it priced competitively.

Last edited by BigC208; 10/01/13 04:13 PM.

5930k@4.5ghz, 32gb ram, gtx1080ti, Samsung 55 inch 4k, Warthog Hotas, MFG Crosswind, VKB Black Mamba, VKB Gunfighter MCE Ultimate, Reverb G2.
#3846722 - 10/06/13 03:48 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
milan_croatia Offline
milan_croatia  Offline

Split, Croatia
Thanks on pictures and comments BigC, I'm glad you're happy with a set.

Sorry for my late reply, I'm busy producing these days.

It seem like most of the buyers don't use wall spacers at all. And from pictures I see the obvious...you either have a corner table, or others sit far away from table with a floor mountet stick.

It's obvious that I can't ship such bit support to keep your pedals in place. More obvious small velcro pads would not do the job well especially if user like stronger - more realistic spring adjustment. What I can and what I will do when I have some more time is publish dxf and Pdf drawing of some sort of support plate with exact position of screw holes for pedals to make your life easier. I just want to think about it a bit more to come to some better solution than yours or others. Some people would like a posibility to easily detach pedals from support...like IvanK. I think wall spacers can still come handy somehow if you want to make easy adjustment of pedals distance from your seating position...will think of something, try, test and publish it :-)

------------------------------------

News about pedals !
I've made some slight modifications, mostly "under the hood". Important modification that upcoming buyers will have is electronics with bootloader and noise filtering for brakes axis for easier calibration and higher Controller ID in windows... I will speak more about it when I'm ready to publish specs.

For existing buyers, firmware upgrade only goes thru special kable, like PicKit2 programmer for PIC microchips. It doesn't bring much change now...but it's easier for future upgrades from windows - since it has bootloader. I'll send a firmware files etc as well as upgrade instructions for existing buyers who want to go thru that hassle.

-------------------------------------

Final price and availability of my pedals I'll publish in the evening or tomorrow on my website

#3846816 - 10/06/13 08:45 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
Brandano Offline
Brandano  Offline

Caput Mundi (well, it used to ...
The simplest possible anti-skid solution is to have a piece of carpet big enough to go under both pedals and chair, and to fit the pedals with adhesive velcro pads that will grip on the carpet. Or even to bolt the pedals to the carpet, with another piece of scrap carpet under the bolt heads to protect the floor. The weight of the chair will easily keep everything in place.

#3902816 - 01/28/14 12:48 AM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: Brandano]  
milan_croatia Offline
milan_croatia  Offline

Split, Croatia
MFG CROSSWIND UPDATE - CUMULATIVE CHANGELOG

Hi all
First I apologise for Inactivity here. I focused on pedals production, firmware development, making upgrades to the pedals and responding to e-mails, listening to customers suggestions ... ... ... ... ...

This post is cumulative update to the work that is presented in this thread so far...as well as on my website. I've shipped pedals with upgrades already...but didn't publish such info yet...so here it is.
I will separate it in 5 sections : Hardware upgrades, software and firmware upgrades, Extra cost options, future upgrade announcments and status

HARDWARE UPGRADES

Rudder tension spring hook change to allow more tightening of the screw - more force on the pedals to accomodate airliners more realistic behaviour
Old vs new :

Old with maxed out force :

NEW with maxed out force :

Changed the way braking spring is hooked
This was done mainly becouse some springs are produced a little out of tolerance which sometimes coused squeeking sounds...so I "forced" the spring to behave like I want it to

Some of the first sets shipped with a sharp edge where cable is exiting the front lever which might couse the cable to wear out prematurely. I've First made a service bulletin to those customers to make a loop with the cable like this :

After that...I smoothen those sharp edges. Tests confirmed the big radious cable loop is a way to go.
Still...all cables which twist extensively will eventualy loose contact. I thought about that a lot since rest of the pedals are made to last much much longer. After Testing various cables I found the right one. Test result was a suprise. Main advantage of new cable is that cores are shielded with quality polyurethane instead of PVC. It has coper shielding net around...and thicker rubber all around. Cable diameter is larger while coper cores are actually smaller...preventing cable to swing in very small radious. Due to the material useed cable is still very flexible. Shrink tube is used to prevent any movement around connectors. All of that makes it as robust as it could possibly be.

new cables with sensors and connectors attached :

These cables are already being shipped in pedals for a while. It's easy to replace old cables with the new...if old customers ever need to.

Serial Numbering
Every set from S/N 0003 has a engraved serial number...but I think I did not post a picture of it yet.

There are also some other minor changes "under the hood". Owners of the first sets will notice that holes for wall spacers on this picture are beweled, while on their pedals these are not beweled. Also on this pic too :

You can see beveled screw holes on braking shaft...normaly not seen after assembly...but there happend some chipping while machining in production. Some of the first customers know about it.
It could be said that I've polished my production technique to prevent minor imperfections and remove sharp edges on many places.

SOFTWARE AND FIRMWARE UPGRADES
"Brain" of the pedals got the most attention.

- BOOTLOADER : firmware is easy to upgrade from windows. When new firmware is published...customers update it in a few clicks. This proved to be important not only becouse of new features.
- Resolution is increased to full 12 bit - 4096 true positions on all axis
- MFG Configurator tool - pedals have it's own software to adjust them. I present you what is now already V1.3

Such application is made to tweak the settings of the MFG Crosswinds. More important...to abandon windows calibration completely. Once pedals are set up to your liking settings are saved within electronics of the pedals and will stay there even if you move to another PC. Software is not necessary unless you want to tweak it again or change the angle of the pedals...as software is requied to calibrate the "viewing angle" of the braking hall sensor which is changed every time you set up angle of the pedals...simply recalibrate.

I'm proud of oversampling features in the firmware as well as averaging and decimation method used to filter the noise on the axis. Customer can turn it on/off...or tweak the strenght of the filtering.

DEADZONES - some users think that there should be some small deadzone to prevent accidental braking...some think there should be none. Also some users prefer to know that pedals are perfectly at 50,00% in the middle while other admire response to the slightest imput around the center. Well...I've made it possible to tweak it to customer liking like no other manufacturer.
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
You think I did nothing special there ? Or maybe you think your joystick don't have a deadzone ? Well THINK AGAIN.
Simple test...move your joystick very slowly around the middle of the axis while you look at the reading in something like DIVIEW software. You will definitely notice a small portion in the middle where joystick movement don't react in windows. EVEN ON WARTHOG !!!... That's "deadzone center" Number of positions which will not be read by windows in.In MFG Configurator you can turn it off or set it up to 40 positons. My Default is 8 positions out of 4096 - that much is almost impossible to notice by your feet

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Also...within firmware...you can revers axis...turn centering on/off, calibrate sensors (start-stop button), view the version of the firmware and see if pedals are connected or not. More features to come :-)

Previous firmware had "autocalibration"...every time you replug pedals or turn on your PC pedals autocalibrated. That didn't work well...now I prefer that calibration is stored within electronics....but will possibly add checkbox for autocalibration if customers request.

EXTRA COST OPTIONS

CAM5 centering profile = 11 eur
Cam's are explained in a PDF document that you can open here on my google public folder
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5U6NoLzIkn9elZlLWJ4Rmk1Rk0&usp=sharing

Width adjustment plates set = 19 eur
These are explained in youtube Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mrSWkC_1Hk

FUTURE UPGRADES AND ANNOUNCMENTS - STATUS

Current extra cost options are in stock, but I will develop and produce more of these. First to see the daylight are :

CAM7 - cam that was requested by the customers to be like CAM6 cca 30% around the center and then continue toward end of deflection without progressive increase in strenght at all. It's purely COMBAT CAM ...not realistic :-)

US FIGHTER COMBAT STYLE FOOT PLATES - a.k.a. F16...don't know yet how to call these. It's been on my priority list for a while but ever since I started producing I lack of time to make them. My own wish is to make these very soon.
- new customers will be able to choose what foot plates style to ship with pedals
- also...will be able to buy additional set with pedals
- existing customers will be able to buy a set as an extra to ship separately

GREY/BLACK Color of the pedals. Now I can make a definiteve announcment that this will happen...don't have a time frame yet...and don't know if I'll continue to produce WHITE/BLACK or not.

CUSTOM ENGRAVING EXTRA COST OPTION.
Winner of ATAG Bliss MFG Crosswind giveaway is finally in contact with me. I will make some custom engraving on the pedals for him as promised and will set the price for such work and make it possible.

MORE FIRMWARE UPGRADES....I have a few more ideas there...we'll see what is doable so I won't announce each feature...but will simply send a link to customers whenever it's ready so they can upgrade.

PEDALS AVAILABILITY
I'm still booked up front. Currently I'm booked cca 1 month up front. I'm working on it to satisfy demand and have pedals in stock so that will hopefully happen soon.
In a meanwhile...all info about ordering from my website is stil valid :
http://www.mfg.simundza.com/

Last edited by milan_croatia; 01/28/14 01:35 AM.
#3903877 - 01/29/14 05:32 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
Vorlander Offline
Vorlander  Offline

South Africa
Thx for a great update Milan.

#3904402 - 01/30/14 06:09 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
Lausbub78 Offline
Lausbub78  Offline

Good news,thanks for the Update.

#3916136 - 02/24/14 07:13 PM Re: Rudder pedals ( Edited : in production : MFG Crosswind ) [Re: milan_croatia]  
milan_croatia Offline
milan_croatia  Offline

Split, Croatia
MFG CROSSWIND UPDATE

Giveaway pedals from ATAG Bliss initiative shipped today. Choosing a winner was delayed a few times, you can read about it on ATAG forums. Now, with Klem's permission I wanted to show you his pedals...custom engraved "KLEM 56RAF".

I figured I did not post any new pictures of complete pedals for a while so this is a nice oportunity to do it. On these pictures you will notice some of the recent upgrades on complete pedals.

UPDATES ARE :
1. Brake sensor CAP ( separate picture) - modified the cable entry to the cap so no gluing or fixing is necessary to keep the cable in place. The way that cable is going thru the sensor cap prevent it to be accidentaly pulled out. Most important reason for this update is to prevent any cable movement around the sensor, but retain easy servicing if necessary in the future.

2. Both front and rear main bearing assembly got changed. You will notice on pictures that rear assembly don't have circular support but rectangular all the way. This change was introduced to make assembly even more rugged, but also alow me to better and simplier align all parts resulting in quicker and better assembly process.

Of course...both upgrades are fully backward compatible with older pedals.

Also, with some final changes under the hood I finished polishing the main design of the pedals. Now I already have a lot of experience producing pedals which allowed me to make parts to a little bit tighter tolerances. Don't get me wrong, all pedals before function just great and these recent changes is just like fine tuning of already a great violin

#3916195 - 02/24/14 08:54 PM Re: Rudder pedals ( Edited : in production : MFG Crosswind ) [Re: milan_croatia]  
Lausbub78 Offline
Lausbub78  Offline

Congratulations to KLEM 56RAF

Great updates Milan.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.