Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 54 of 112 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 111 112
#4312881 - 11/17/16 02:39 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller ***** [Re: Sokol1]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
Follow this scheme, is the most recently posted (by MEGA-MOZG, 07/10/2016).

http://simhq.com/forum/files/usergals/20..._esquemtico.jpg

This TLE5010 on "Uncle Ali" looks like this one in Taobao (pictures bellow).
Check if has 4 resistor on back side of PCB, accord the above scheme they are no more need, and maybe need replace the other 2 (near TLE) by 1.5K like in the new scheme... ???

Taobao first version:
https://img.alicdn.com/imgextra/i4/441247242/TB2tcL7jVXXXXb9XpXXXXXXXXXX-441247242.jpg
Actual:
https://img.alicdn.com/imgextra/i1/441247242/TB2TVtMXYaI.eBjy1XdXXcoqXXa-441247242.jpg
https://img.alicdn.com/imgextra/i4/441247242/TB2c0XRXZeK.eBjSszgXXczFpXa-441247242.jpg
https://world.taobao.com/item/5213653128...040867.5.3wxEVA

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4312887 - 11/17/16 03:02 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
Sak75 Offline
Sak75  Offline

Madrid, Spain
Yes is similar, i make some pics later and try to up to the forum post.

Obrigado Sokol1

#4313122 - 11/18/16 09:22 AM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
Sak75 Offline
Sak75  Offline

Madrid, Spain
Good morning, i have some pics

first the TLE5010 is similar, maybe the finish is better.

Front

Back

The rest of the photos are of a diy gimball I'm working on based on a "scissor" lever with a spring

First photo the gimbal x-y

And the next two pics of z axis that will anger in the body of the stick.

sorry for the english.

#4313204 - 11/18/16 02:55 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
This don't use the same layout of Taobao as I think, no resistors/capacitors in other side of PCB.

This 102 resistor seems 1k.

Test in this way, if need add the 0,1uf capacitor between power (+) and gnd (-), as in linked scheme.
Interesting "twist" mechanism. smile

#4313656 - 11/20/16 12:55 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
Repvez Offline
Repvez  Offline

That's way ask, because I don't know what is the up to date or not. And I don't now how can modify if I get a different version like the spanish and taobao.
I'm not an electrician so I don't understand clearly shematic.
Can someone draw the FLCS+TQS specific connect diagram for use one pro micro?
Every axis or shift reg will have individual connection pin header to should plug and unplug easier.There could be a master PCB in the TQS base with pro micro and a slave PCB in the FLCS base.

I saw the OSH PCB, but I don't have any device or component to make that ready to use.
And There is the Joystick amplifier PCB, what is it do with PS3 thumbstick?

#4313666 - 11/20/16 01:40 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
What is you plan, fit one PRO Micro inside FLCS and another inside TQS?

Or use one PRO Micro for both (doable, but complicate wiring more)?

If the first case I advise forget Shift Register inside TQS - this only will add complication and maybe need re-sold wires in most or all switches.

Is more easy use the already done connector for Diode Matrix.

This OSHPark PCB "Joytick Amplifier" is only needed for use PS3 thumbstick with HALL sensor instead potentiometer, since their output voltage is very small for PRO Micro. This thumbstick (notice the 4 pins):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replacement-3D-Analog-Sensor-ThumbStick-Axis-Sensor-4-Pin-for-Playstation-3-PS3-/291205656671?hash=item43cd35b05f:g:GAoAAOSwcLxYMU9A

For use analog (with potentiomter) thumbstick (mini-joystick) this is not needed. Example (notice the 3 pins):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Pack-Replacement-3D-Analog-Module-ThumbStick-Axis-Sensor-3-Pin-for-PS3-/291205727370?hash=item43cd36c48a:g:aAMAAOSwcLxYMTQa

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3D-Controller-Joystick-Axis-Analog-Sensor-Module-Replacement-For-Xbox-One-mini-/322312430475?hash=item4b0b51638b:g:RJUAAOSwo4pYFzBn

#4313673 - 11/20/16 02:18 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
Repvez Offline
Repvez  Offline

I will plane the second one. One pro micro for both device .And it fit inside the TQS base.
I will have to re-solder all wires because I have been modificated earlier but it wasn't successful. And this is the reason , way I want to be more plugable wire, because I don't have to soldering a lot or It will be easier on the PCB .
And the original PCB's are damaged when I disassembly , so that's way have to replace the shift reg in the FLCS handle and TQS too.

And the near future I would like to make a new gimbal for each one.
I saw the new topic here openjoystick and the lego kit style is very promising.
I would like anything like just with adjustable center spring.

My PS3 thumbstick is a normal 3 pin, but the another one is more durable , I think.
And this amp is usable for PSP joystick too

Last edited by Repvez; 11/20/16 02:30 PM.
#4313695 - 11/20/16 03:53 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Repvez]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
Analog PS3 (3 pins) thumbstick (or mini-stick) don't need amplifier.

The theoretical advantage of the PS3 HALL thumbstick is better signal stability and longevity, but don't know this worth the extra "complication". smile

But in any case is just matter of get Debolestis PCBs on OSHPark, are ready for use (errh solder). wink

For TQS - get one OSHPark Debolestis 2 chip Shift Register board, this is sufficient for TQS 10 buttons (counthing the mini-stick press).
Fit this board inside TQS handle - measure the available space first do avoid "surprises".

I don't think that worth change TQS "gimbal", the actual work OK for the purpose, even for contactless sensor - that require a play less movement. Unless you plan use something like GVL-224/Dvik throttle "mechanics".

About Fl6 FLCS new gimbal, first measure the available space inside base base to see if any of this designs that you plan use fit there.

Desktop joystick cases general has little height what can complicate use one or other gimbal not designed specific for a given case.

Pay attention too if the new gimbal designs allow you easily fit the PCB for TLE501x - the most commons PCB measure ~40 x15mm. But in any case you can design and make a specific size PCB for TLE's.

Maybe will be interesting - facing the work and cost do make a gimbal - get one BAUR BRD-DS (desktop) gimbal with case for FLCS. They are "bullet proof".

I find the ones in that mentioned topic... "non innovative". smile

Or, Debolestis are working in a 3D printed (for use ball bearings) "clone" of UberNXT, what was the best alternative gimbal for Cougar in their "hey days":

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2946868&postcount=149

#4313754 - 11/20/16 08:59 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
Sak75 Offline
Sak75  Offline

Madrid, Spain
Hola Repvez.

look this:

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Ship...0608.0.0.7hper7

This type of pbc is perfect if you do not want to complicate welding

#4313867 - 11/21/16 08:54 AM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
Sak75 Offline
Sak75  Offline

Madrid, Spain
Thanks sokol1, I'm also making a diy trigger to shoot.

But in relation to the TLE5010, I have no idea how to connect it to the Arduino. I understand that GND VCC are common and go to the corresponding pins, but the other four are also common? Which are the ones that detect the movement of the magnet and where to connect it?

This image also leaves me unclear.

can anybody help me?

Thanks

**** Sorry, in other forum i saw this:

TLE5010/5011---------->Controller ProMicro(AtMega32u4)
1) 4Mhz clock----------->Pin B6 - Generator 4Mhz
2) SPI-SCK-------------->Pin B1 - SPI-SCK
3) SPI-CS--------------->Any free pin
4) SPI-Data------------->Pin B3 - SPI-MISO
5) TST1----------------->To Ground
6) VDD------------------>To Power (VCC)
7) GND------------------>To Ground
TST2----------------->To Ground

all pins exept "SPI-CS" shared.

"CS" in my tle5010 i suppose that is the pin for each axis?

And i suppose that 3 pin (b6, b1 and b3) now cant be used like buttons or axis

Last edited by Sak75; 11/21/16 12:02 PM. Reason: add content
#4314040 - 11/21/16 07:15 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sak75]  
Repvez Offline
Repvez  Offline

Originally Posted By: Sak75
Hola Repvez.

look this:

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Ship...0608.0.0.7hper7

This type of pbc is perfect if you do not want to complicate welding

Yes I have this thoumbstick without PCB because it isn't fit in the TQS handle.

I didn't find such a thoumbstick like a cougar where the microswich is located in the center of minijoy.
And I don't know how can put in the TQS replace the eraser head , because there is difference place than in the cougar .
Now, it isn't a stable position there.

or IT is better choice than PS3 minijoy?
PSP minijoy
This is PSP minijoy . Yes, I know that there isn't extra button , so it has to do there

#4314048 - 11/21/16 07:53 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
Difficult you will find a mini-stick that fit in place of "eraserhead" without do some modification there, will need be creative. wink

Look PSP 1000 size fit there with some trim, removing internal parts, making a support with Epoxy putty....
The small press button for click leave in the actual place.

Or get a analog mini-stick PS3 like and trim out their press switch - in practice in games, move axis e.g. radar and simultaneous press result awkward. Just use the original small switch for "click".

Apls thumb stick RKJXK122000D (22x23mm) is without center click:

http://www.alps.com/prod/info/E/HTML/MultiControl/Potentiometer/RKJXK/RKJXK122000D.html

Or ALPS 4/5 way "navigation switches" is very compact ~10mm size.

http://www.protostack.com/buttons-and-switches/5-way-tactile-navigation-switch

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10063

Ten year ago when I "feed up" with that dammed "eraserhead" I make a HAT with 4 tactile micro switch to replace then.
Trimming the top side - in plastic (the box was done with model plywood, and the "HAT" from toothpaste lid smile ) fit nice in the place. And work better that the Tm HAT's ("heavy to press in F22 PRO), the micro-switch for click remain in the original place place.

upload picture

#4314198 - 11/22/16 11:19 AM Re: MMJoy - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
masaV Offline
masaV  Offline

im new at forum and i have guestion, i looking interesting mmjoy but not understand all good. i have at hoem now arduino micro board, mega32u4 chip, and what more i need can use ?
i need only all analog pin input, i made my own yuoke,bedals,trottle,trimm wheels, and brake to cocpit.
but im not sure what i need and can i add all 12 analog pin use my FSX ?
sorry my english not good i no understand good all text at forum but interesting how i make own cocpit panel ?
need me sift register chip ? or can i add all potentiometer to right micro input ?
what external parts i need ?
i have at home arduino uno 3 pcs, nano 5 pcs,mega whit ch340 chip 3 pcs, micro 1 pcs, and dream when can orden wery expensive teensy 3,x board to my flight sim project.
newbie guestion have now, how i can start first analog input board test and what i need all micro 12 analog pin working
and have code hex file ? how i burn code to micro ? need me usbasp ( i have) or other parts ?
yesteday run mmjoy program but no understand lot, this has only 8 input to axis , why ? if my micro can use 12 pin analog input software have only 8 axis ?
or need me add drivers and micro connected too to my laptop and then select chip have micro 32u4 and then come all 12 input axis ??
sorry many guestion for me, but this is my first time i try understand how make biggrin

#4314229 - 11/22/16 12:37 PM Re: MMJoy - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
masaV Offline
masaV  Offline

i no understand what maniac people have need lot buttons to same chip
?
better way i thi nk have use all analog input to mmjoy and use other board all buttons and switch if made real full cocpit to flight.
new mobiflight software i use all buttons, need only mega board or 2 or 3, and have buttons lot what need smile
and mobiflight can use 7-segment display nac/com radio panel too easy.
and stepepr motor and servo motor gauges.
and all analog pin only use hall sensor or potentiometers mmjoy, come better and easy way build you own cocpit all.
this my radio panel test [img:right]https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6fpBSKeeyqfNWNOM083Tlk5b00[/img]
this switch panel [img]https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6fpBSKeeyqfN1FCb3B3bi1pQ1k[/img]
test https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6fpBSKeeyqfWGRPMU9pOF9KN0E
mobiflight not support analog input and mmjoy have better way use analog input yukoe,rudder,trottle,trim wheels,brake, to sim.
but all digital input, buttons,switch,encoder,output leds have easy and better way use fsuip and mobiflight software.
my switch panel i use 6 pin switch left side use input to arduino and rigth side come 5V power to led indicate led switch on/off, easy and mobiflight can use all annuincator or other led what fsuip support.

I need only help how i start my first mmjoy ardunio micro and all analog pin use
i no understand all and how start what chip and parts need ?
i have 10 pcs 10K potentiometers now and digital and analog hall sensor, (what this used? digital or analog? )
need me other chip too if use all micro 12 analog input ?
how burn code and firmware to chip ?
what programmer and software need ?
usbasp? atmel flip ? or what need ?

Last edited by masaV; 11/22/16 12:42 PM.
#4314247 - 11/22/16 01:45 PM Re: MMJoy - Build your own USB controller [Re: masaV]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
Originally Posted By: masaV
im new at forum and i have guestion, i looking interesting mmjoy but not understand all good. i have at hoem now arduino micro board, mega32u4 chip, and what more i need can use ?

Make sure that your Arduino board is ATMEGA32u4, 16 MHZ, 5V. 8MHZ or 3,3v is not compatible.
Check the compatible Arduinos models in first postage of this topic.

You don't need nothing more than download MMJOY2 firmware package and "flash" the ARDUINO using their USB cable.
After configure your "joystick" parameters (name, number of axis, number of buttons...) using MMJoy2Setup and are ready to add potentiometers, swtiches... and use in games.

Quote:

i need only all analog pin input, i made my own yuoke,bedals,trottle,trimm wheels, and brake to cocpit.
but im not sure what i need and can i add all 12 analog pin use my FSX ?

Arduino PRO Micro pinout limit analog inputs to 6 axis.
Other Arduino versions, example Teensy++ 2.0 increase for 8 axis - what is Windows D.Input limit, for use 12 axis you need use two Arduinos.

Quote:

need me sift register chip ? or can i add all potentiometer to right micro input ?
what external parts i need ?

Shift Register is optional- for convenience - for hook switches, encoders, but is not required. In the same way Arduino "shield" *support PCB is for convenience, look, use or not depends on your assembly skills.

For connect axis (potentiometer, sensors...) you just need wires and PLUG - what can be made with "2.54mm Single Row Female Pin Header".

Quote:

newbie guestion have now, how i can start first analog input board test and what i need all micro 12 analog pin working
and have code hex file ? how i burn code to micro ? need me usbasp ( i have) or other parts ?

No USBASP need, just the Arduino (example PRO Micro), USB compatible cable (Arduinos use mini-USB) and download the MMJoy2 package (MMJoy2Setup and firmware). No code knowledge or manipulation is needed.

Quote:

yesteday run mmjoy program but no understand lot, this has only 8 input to axis , why ? if my micro can use 12 pin analog input software have only 8 axis ?
or need me add drivers and micro connected too to my laptop and then select chip have micro 32u4 and then come all 12 input axis ??

Again, 8 axis is Windows limit, their "Game Controllers" in Windows Control Panel see only 8 axis.

Quote:

i no understand what maniac people have need lot buttons to same chip ?
better way i thi nk have use all analog input to mmjoy and use other board all buttons and switch if made real full cocpit to flight.

Some people want no use more the keyboard, so need a lot of buttons. Falcon 4.0 for example count hundreds of commands. smile

Quote:

I need only help how i start my first mmjoy ardunio micro and all analog pin use
i no understand all and how start what chip and parts need ?
i have 10 pcs 10K potentiometers now and digital and analog hall sensor, (what this used? digital or analog? )
need me other chip too if use all micro 12 analog input ?

MMJoy2 can control 8 axis (for 12 use two Arduinos).
This axis can be analog: potentiomters or HALL sensor (Allegro a 1324EUAT, Honeywell SS495A1...)
Or digital using TLE5010 or TLE5011 contact less magnet resistive sensor.

Quote:

how burn code and firmware to chip ?
what programmer and software need ?
usbasp? atmel flip ? or what need ?

You need:
Compatible Arduino board (check first postage).
MMjoy2 firmware.
Software: MMJoy2Setup (pay attention that firmware and sofware have the same date in version number).
USB A - USB mini-B cable: (check in your Arduino, some versions can use different socket), sample of cable: http://www.liquidware.com/shop/show/USB-M/6+inch+Type+B-Mini+USB+Cable - but get one with ~1,5 meters if available or will be need A/A extenstion.

RTFM Read the instructions:
http://www.geneb.org/mmjoy2/pro-micro-instructions.pdf
https://github.com/MMjoy/mmjoy_en/wiki/Firmware-upload

#4314606 - 11/23/16 05:00 PM Re: MMJoy - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
Kissman Offline
Kissman  Offline

Why is not possible to create 3 slider setup? I am creating TQ with my Micro and isnt possible to add 3 sliders frown How solve this?

#4314694 - 11/23/16 09:29 PM Re: MMJoy - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
masaV Offline
masaV  Offline

thanks you answer but i try today again whit genuine arduino micro, port found, game controller found but any test whit potentiometer or button no working, only joytes,joytest2,joytest3 run somethink and click itself all buttons and axis ok.
now i try add all 8 intventro or what has under virtual? and port number .
i must read tutorial if have.
what i must do next. i add 8 port f0-7 and 12,11,10,9,8,6,4 have too micro pins at analog, how use this too ?
ok,no support, but what i must do next, i go firmaware site and bush button arduino but nothing happen ,no burn ?
site have firware i looking what has zip file, atmelmega32U4 and ok, then looking have flip,avrdude,teensy2 test all but nothing happened, now i no understand what need do.
not easy frown
i has try test mmjoy lot and some other soft too gamecontroller found have arduino micro controller, game controller found too micro, but any button or axis not work.

ok,thanks i found pro-micro instruction and have same chip than arduino micro i follow this intruction procedure next tes tomorrow.

Last edited by masaV; 11/23/16 10:10 PM.
#4314722 - 11/23/16 11:14 PM Re: MMJoy - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
masaV

If you flash the firmware, after set joystick name, VID/PI etc. in MMJoy2Setup and save for device and this is whow in Game COntrollers, all is done, the issues is wrong joystick configuration, don't need do the flash again.

Post pictures of your MMJoy2Setup configuration, is the only way for others see what is wrong.

Kissman,

What you mean with "sliders", axis?

If yes you can use up to 6 with Arduino PRO Micro (8 with other Arduinos), see various examples in this topic.

And again, when have issues you guys need post pictures of yours MMJoySetup configurations to help "debug".

#4315027 - 11/24/16 11:41 PM Re: MMJoy - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
erichos Offline
erichos  Offline

Slovakia
Hi mega_mozg_13,
I downloaded new version of MMJoy2 .... MMJOY2[v20161101].rar but I have a problem with "Auto-bind" function. Disabling this function is not working correctly, if switch on-on is connected to board, this function is still enabled. I am one toggle switch on-on (buttons 7-8) and I am not able to set any buttons since there is new auto-bind function.

So double-click always put button 7 or 8 due to switch on-on. Can you advise me some solution please? When I used normal switch on-off, everything was working properly. Maybe I will have to replace this on-on switch during configuration :-(
Thank you very much.

Last edited by erichos; 11/25/16 12:09 AM.
#4315119 - 11/25/16 02:05 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
egel Offline
egel  Offline

I am new to MMJoy and want to use it to replace the outdated Thrustmaster Cougar controller.

For test I have setup a Leonardo and programmed it for 2 buttons.

In MMJoysetup I see the button box turn red when I press the button on the joystick.
I have assigned this button 01 to Joystick Button 1 H/W.button 1 Mode switch.

When I look in the windows devices I see the MMJoystick with the buttons.
Only, when I press the button it doesn't turn red in the windows configuration, only in the MMJoysetup.

What am I doing wrong?

Page 54 of 112 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 111 112

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.