Page 41 of 63 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 62 63
#4253120 - 04/26/16 12:33 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF ***** [Re: Polovski]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
Originally Posted By: Polovski
We know Hasse. Problem is actually making them (or any craft) takes a L o n g time.
if I can click some fingers they'd all be in now.
And then there's other people who would rather see a different aircraft (many of those :)) and there's those that are needed for certain squads too and so on. biggrin

Honestly Pol, is "EVERYTHING, YESTERDAY" really that much to ask? biggrin

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4253134 - 04/26/16 01:13 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Polovski]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

We know Hasse. Problem is actually making them (or any craft) takes a L o n g time.

We know, Pol - that's why we keep pushing! duck biggrin

And then there's other people who would rather see a different aircraft...

Simply not ignore those, I say. biggrin

...and there's those that are needed for certain squads too and so on.

Well, a Caudron G.IV would
a) look great and totally different to any other two-seater
b) be a long used French two-seater
c) be also most welcome as a variation of cannon fodder for my twin Spandaus! Mmuahahahahaaa!!!

Vice-President of the BOC (Barmy OFFers Club)
Member of the 'Albatros Aviators Club' - "We know how to die with Style!"
#4253140 - 04/26/16 01:21 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Hasse Offline
Hasse  Offline

Yes, just like marathon, this is an endurance sport.

For example, I've been pushing for the French two-seaters and Belgians for years now, and I can tell you it isn't easy. biggrin

"Upon my word I've had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers."

James McCudden, Five Years in the Royal Flying Corps
#4253142 - 04/26/16 01:42 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Banjoman Offline
Banjoman  Offline

Antigua, Guatemala
Hasse, I'm right there with you brother. The addition of just two French two-seaters would elevate WOFF to such ethereal heights.

Member and provider of banjo music for the Illustrious BOC
#4253222 - 04/26/16 06:05 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Polovski]  
Roudou Offline
Roudou  Offline

French countryside
if I can click some fingers they'd all be in now.
And then there's other people who would rather see a different aircraft (many of those :)) and there's those that are needed for certain squads too and so on. biggrin

Of course there allways be a missing plane, but to have a nearly complete career experience, french two-seaters are the biggest missing thing for years 1915 and 1916. And in 1917-18, but now we know Breguet 14 or Salmson 2 will come.

I think i'm objective, even if i'm a french man. For exemple, i saw people asking for a Morane N; to be honest Red Baron (the game) made its legacy more than itself. A few were built, and in facts, it was not an important aircraft. That's why i'll never wish it.

For those who doesn't know Voisin III and Caudron G.4, click to see a small preview. I think it explains well why those aircrafts were importants in 1915-16.

Have a nice day.

Last edited by Roudou; 04/26/16 06:06 PM.
#4253236 - 04/26/16 07:01 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Polovski]  
dutch Offline
dutch  Offline

EURO-zone
Originally Posted By: dutch

nope that is not the case, read my postings back. I had the same this weekend flying a German DFW 2seater. The gunner AI is programmed defencive and not offensive.

So still stands, a commando key to give the gunner a command he can act also offensive to the nearest enemy plane
salute

Actually it's not programmed "defensive" but it will not fire at it's own tail or wires or wings etc, or when being sick from too much aircraft movement and so on.

If flying a Fee and approching a German eindecker headon in a QC mission, he is not shooting with his front gun, here No wings, no wires and he can not be sick, only the pilot because of this.

Last edited by dutch; 04/26/16 08:27 PM.
#4253281 - 04/26/16 09:28 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: dutch]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
If flying a Fee and approching a German eindecker headon in a QC mission, he is not shooting with his front gun, here No wings, no wires and he can not be sick, only the pilot because of this.

Dutch, if you observe the rear facing gun you'll notice that the observer is trying to use it first and he is swinging it forward, but is obviously unsuccessful. When he realizes that this won't work he switches to the front mounted gun, but the Eindecker is long gone from field of view by then. The solution would be to have the observer use the front facing gun as default, or at least better routine for selecting the appropriate gun mount for front and rear facing threats.

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."
#4253282 - 04/26/16 09:34 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
I would like to see German career pilots having to go back to flight school before switching to the Dreideckers and train on Eindeckers to get familiar with the rotary engines. I don't know, 1 or 2 days could do it?

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."
#4253365 - 04/27/16 05:54 AM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Fullofit]  
JJJ65 Offline
JJJ65  Offline

Czech Rep.
Originally Posted By: Fullofit

Dutch, if you observe the rear facing gun you'll notice that the observer is trying to use it first and he is swinging it forward, but is obviously unsuccessful.

Maybe the code is inherited from back seater gunners, where rear facing gun is default?

#4253587 - 04/27/16 07:23 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
hoongadoonga Offline
hoongadoonga  Offline

When a new mission is generated WOFF assigns a plane to each pilot and selects one pilot to be the flight leader. I would much prefer that both decisions be based on the same criteria. They currently seem to be opposites.

The best planes are always given to the historical aces first, regardless of rank, seniority, or number of victories. The flight leader selection seems to be based on rank, with the human pilot having priority over equal-ranking HAs.

This means that I often end up being the flight leader. However, I'm stuck with an old model plane while everyone else in my flight has the latest and greatest model.

This doesn't make sense. If the HAs must have priority on plane assignments then they should be at the top of the list of flight leaders as well.

#4253718 - 04/27/16 11:35 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Roudou Offline
Roudou  Offline

French countryside
I've just seen you were speaking of 230lbs bombs for the american two-seaters career. That reminded me DH.4 was in service with AEF. Completely forget about that.

But i'm still hopping you'll give to Aéronautique Militaire some more two-seaters. At least as AI.

BTW, keep up the good work.

#4254713 - 05/01/16 05:49 AM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
dutch Offline
dutch  Offline

EURO-zone
For the future if releasing a add on pack for Woff3, please include more skins. Right now as a sample the Fokker DII from the Motley crewpack seems to have only one default skin.

Last edited by dutch; 05/01/16 05:51 AM.
#4255311 - 05/03/16 12:22 AM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
Maybe just a question, but maybe a wish.

Many 2-seaters will pickle their bombs (and allow you to pickle them) in increments smaller than their total bomb load count, then come around for another pass. Other two 2-seaters can only drop their entire load (ie: the DFW can only drop all three 50kg bombs at once).

Is this already historically accurate for each plane, or is there room for improvement on some of the 2-seaters (I guess this would be the case for the bomb carrying fighters also).

It would be great to be able to pickle the bombs in smaller increments on the planes that don't allow it, but only if historically accurate.

Thanks either way!

Dogfighting is what you do "after" you drop your bombs and blow something up!
Can you say "JABO!" thumbsup
#4256119 - 05/04/16 06:56 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
vschoell Offline
vschoell  Offline

Hello,

Flooded Area around Dixmude would be very great. And surely Belgian Air Service...

vschoell

#4256160 - 05/04/16 08:14 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: vschoell]  
Hasse Offline
Hasse  Offline

Originally Posted By: vschoell
Hello,

Flooded Area around Dixmude would be very great. And surely Belgian Air Service...

vschoell

Yes to both from me too! (Surprise!) smile

Unless I'm mistaken, WOFF 3 will be the final WOFF version, so it sure would be great if one of the add-on packs for it turned out to include the air force of Brave Little Belgium...

"Upon my word I've had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers."

#4256166 - 05/04/16 08:22 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Banjoman Offline
Banjoman  Offline

Antigua, Guatemala
Hasse, don't give up on begging for French two-seaters, as it is, there are only two French two seaters in WOFF. They only need to add two more and they could be done with the French.

Member and provider of banjo music for the Illustrious BOC
#4256180 - 05/04/16 08:33 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Hasse Offline
Hasse  Offline

I won't settle for anything less than at least *four* new French two-seaters. Five would be even better. biggrin

#4256226 - 05/04/16 09:33 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
lederhosen Offline
lederhosen  Offline

Germany
WOFF 4

make mistakes and learn from them

I5 4440 3.1Ghz, Asrock B85m Pro3, Gtx 1060 3GB
#4256266 - 05/04/16 10:57 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: lederhosen]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
Originally Posted By: lederhosen
WOFF 4

Maybe someday, but more likely we will be treated to some nice plane add-on packs once in awhile. Personally I'm hoping for a couple more French Two Seaters and one or more Allied heavy bombers to match the Germans Gothas. Time will tell.

In the meantime, I will be happily flying WOFF 3 for many, many years to come. I remember I was just hoping someone would make an updated Red Baron 3D. WOFF blew past those standards long ago as far as I'm concerned.

So after WOFF 3 gets patched for a little bit, the Devs will go dark for awhile as they work on their new project, but we will still have awesome modders adding great options to the sim, like OldHats (and GEEZERS) Airfield crews and items Mod, LOU's historically accurate airfields and Olhams rivers, facemasks, etc. I would like to see that Archie mod for crossing the front. I'm hoping someone can make that! wink

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4256311 - 05/05/16 01:26 AM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Hellshade]  
MeneMene Offline
MeneMene  Offline

Originally Posted By: Hellshade
Originally Posted By: lederhosen
WOFF 4

Maybe someday, but more likely we will be treated to some nice plane add-on packs once in awhile. Personally I'm hoping for a couple more French Two Seaters and one or more Allied heavy bombers to match the Germans Gothas. Time will tell.

In the meantime, I will be happily flying WOFF 3 for many, many years to come. I remember I was just hoping someone would make an updated Red Baron 3D. WOFF blew past those standards long ago as far as I'm concerned.

I agree, although the big thing about the missing French two-seaters is that they make careers with certain squadrons at certain times pointless, at least IMO. WOFF is all about the time-machine aspect. Every career you have below Flanders and the British region has the glaring flaw of pretty much no two-seaters to engage or meet or add to your victory counts. Start a career with a Jasta in Alsace or southern France, and you'll be up against nothing but fighters and the occasional strutter, which really isn't very realistic and feels silly to me. If we could just get a Breguet 14, Dorand AR, and maybe one of Caudron/Voisin/Farman for earlier periods, even as AI only, this problem with disappear. You'd then be able to start a career with any squadron anywhere along the front at any time, and be up against a representatively correct enemy. As it is now, their ommision is incredibly glaring. I would happily pay for a two-seater AI mega pack that would flesh out the two-seater rosters (doesn't need to be flyable), and it would be the single biggest thing that this wonderful sim could improve on.

For my money, the DH4 was the best addition with WOFF 3, and I haven't even flown it yet (and might not for a while, I prefer fighter campaigns).

Last edited by MeneMene; 05/05/16 01:40 AM.
Page 41 of 63 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 62 63

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM