Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3862222 - 11/14/13 12:11 AM Excellent Customer Service!!!!  
RogueSqdn Offline
USAF Veteran
RogueSqdn  Offline
USAF Veteran

Advance, NC
Guys, I just wanted to post about something. Maybe this will influence your decisions, maybe it won't. But I thought it was worth posting about.

I own an Obutto R3volution, and have since Feb/Mar of this year. I ordered it from Main Performance PC.

If you're not familiar with it, it comes with a racing seat that has side supports for both the shoulders and the thighs. A few weeks ago, one of the thigh supports broke and started sagging down and to the right. I took the seat off and looked under it, and two of the support braces inside the frame had broken. There was nothing I could do to fix it, I could only rig up a crude piece of wood to put next to it to hold up the side.

I looked up the warranty info, and found that the seat is excluded. I started looking for generic racing seats on Amazon, but gave up as they all seemed expensive and I wasn't sure if they'd work.

Last Saturday, I decided to email Chris Dunagan at Obutto and see how I'd go about getting an official replacement, even if it required payment. At least this way, I'd be assured that it would work. (I first tried calling MPPC, but they weren't open).

I wasn't expecting to get a quick response, since it was the weekend and since Chris is in China. I got a response from him a few hours later, saying he'd like some pictures and he'd get me sorted out. After I sent him the pictures, he said that he was sorry I'd had the problem, but he'd get MPPC to send me a replacement seat free of charge! He also stated that he'd take the pictures to the factory to try and prevent this from happening again.

I just wanted to publicly thank Chris for the excellent service, even though he wasn't obligated to do so. My new seat was shipped out Monday, and should be arriving on Saturday.

Thanks to Obutto and to Main Performance PC!

Jared
-----
FalconNW MachV, Obutto R3volution

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3862314 - 11/14/13 05:06 AM Re: Excellent Customer Service!!!! [Re: RogueSqdn]  
Flying_Colander Offline
Flying_Colander  Offline

Rogue,

Good on you for praising publically. I read your note just after hanging up after spending 20 minutes on hold with my insurance company and VISA. Customer service my eye. They don't even answer phones over there. Companies have to understand customer service is hard to measure but customer loyalty is critical. So, bravo Chris Dunagan at Obutto.

F.C.

#3870092 - 12/02/13 12:22 AM Re: Excellent Customer Service!!!! [Re: RogueSqdn]  
shan2 Offline
Veteran
shan2  Offline
Veteran

Maryland, USA
Well, that did it. I ordered a R3volution based upon this and other similar stories about Chris and Obutto.

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.
#3876332 - 12/13/13 04:00 PM Re: Excellent Customer Service!!!! [Re: RogueSqdn]  
RAF74_Raptor Offline
Jurrasic
RAF74_Raptor  Offline
Jurrasic

TN
I can also speak for Chris and Obutto. Although I just have the Ozone Chris has always been there to answer any questions I could have had.

Ahh CLOD never in the history of Simming has so much been promised and so little given.

However I want to thank Team Fusion for keeping the Dream Alive.
#3879273 - 12/18/13 10:25 AM Re: Excellent Customer Service!!!! [Re: RogueSqdn]  
Zippo Offline
Zippo  Offline

Australia
Can confirm re great product and great customer service.

One of the forward frames of my R3 had one hole just a tad out of alignment. It was one of the holes nearest the floor so it was never going to be a problem, I connected it with zip ties and that is a fairly permanent and good solution. I could have used a rat tail file to shave away a tiny amount of metal.

Anyway I informed Chris, thinking that if a jig is out, there could be multiple frames being welded with an incorrect angle (less than half a degree) and that he should know. As I found out, this is not the case, mine was a one off.

Even though I had a good solution that I was happy with (I love the product!), Chris sent me (in Australia) a replacement frame from China via Air Express. It was a large box and it wouldn't have been inexpensive.

I wish Chris all the best and encourage all who are considering buying his product that you won't be disappointed with the Obutto or the great service.

I bought through Simparts in New Zealand and Brendan was excellent to deal with.

Kind regards,
John

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.