Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#3858400 - 11/04/13 10:15 PM DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs)  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

UPDATE: Version 2.00 is available. It is now released as an installer that will update you to the latest version.
Special thanks to Tercio Sampaio for developing the GUI.

Thank you everybody for funding my Warthog purchase so that I could create this profile. Since my funding goal has been achieved, please send any future donations to "https://www.fisherhouse.org/", a charity that supports disabled veterans and their families. Exception: if you want me to program for a module I don't have, or add programming for the TFRP, please PM me and we can discuss it.

DCS World TARGET Script for Thrustmaster Cougar or Warthog and MFDs is now available. Download it from:

This script for the HOTAS Cougar/Warthog and Cougar MFDs includes dedicated profiles for the A-10C Warthog, AV-8B Harrier, Ka-50 Black Shark, P-51D Mustang, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8 Hip, F-86 Sabre, Fw-190D9 Dora, Bf-109K-4 Kurfürst, MiG-21bis Fishbed, MiG-15bis, M-2000C, SA-342 Gazelle, L-39 Albatross, F-5E Tiger II, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, AJS-37 Viggen, Hawk T.1A, C-101, and Flaming Cliffs 3 profiles. The script is fully implemented with both code and custom keyboard and joystick LUA files. The included "Standard DirectX" profile can me used to create a versatile profile for anything else.

This script uses "https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/hotaswarthog-en/", so you need to install it (though Cougar users can leave Foxy where it is). I also recommend the latest "https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/mdfcougar-en/", as I have found fewer profile crashes with these enabled.

The script offers the following features:
  • New! Graphical User Interface (GUI) to save your settings and auto-generate script files.
  • Both HOTAS Cougar and Warthog Compatibility
  • All documentation (except for the Setup Guide) is in HTML with context-sensitive help in the GUI.
  • CommState routine allows for the selection of F1 through F12 keys with Hats 2-4 while the MIC switch is pressed
  • Hot-selectable “TriggerZoom” allows you to zoom into your target or HUD when depressing the first trigger stage
  • LED indications for airbrake, landing gear, TriggerZoom, CommState, and Teamspeak3 PTT
  • Compatible with TouchControl (formerly TouchIR), VAC, DCS Simpleradio Standalone, and all major Teamspeak radio solutions
  • Optimized for TrackIR, but compatible with Hat1 as POV
  • Individual HOTAS profiles are mapped as closely to their real world counterparts as practical
  • Flaming Cliffs 3 (FC3) HOTAS mappings correlate to the A-10C (attack aircraft) or F-16C (fighters) as closely as practical
  • FC3 Context Sensitive Autopilot routine that reverts to last used mode on toggle
  • A-10C Profile includes direct entry for CDU, CMSP, and UFC
  • Ka-50 Profile allows direct entry for ABRIS (RMFD) and Rubicon Datapad
  • Ability to automatically pause TrackIR while at the Door Gunner Station (UH-1)
  • Context sensitive communications menus based on crew station (framework in place for DCS implementation)
  • TARGET based Central Position Trimmer Mode that greatly improves upon the default trimmers when not using force feedback.
  • Analog and digital differential braking routines, including paddle braking and nosewheel steering.
  • Kneeboard mapping for all aircraft.
  • NVGs for all capable aircraft, including "bonus mapping for the A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, and F-86 (H/T Zaelu).
  • Simplified hot-selection of aircraft allows for potentially thousands of aircraft and variants in this script, along with audible feedback of aircraft selected.

I look forward to your feedback; any information that will help me improve this profile is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by HomeFries; 12/04/17 04:49 AM. Reason: Version 2.00 Released

-Home Fries

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
- Robert A. Heinlein

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3858997 - 11/06/13 01:24 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Version 0.36 has been uploaded. Version 0.36 fixes a bug that prevents you from hot-swapping aircraft profiles after using the SnapView function, and also allows the Cougar MFD backlighting to match your MFD settings in-game (A-10C).

-Home Fries

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
- Robert A. Heinlein

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

#3859727 - 11/07/13 10:21 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

0.37 is uploaded. Fixes a bug with the MFCD power buttons assigned to the SYM rocker switches on both Cougar MFDs.

If you already have 0.36 and you have tweaked DCS World.tmc to your own ends, then you don't need to replace DCS World.tmc with the one in 0.37. Just update the following line:
Code:
int MinorVersion=37;

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#3864344 - 11/18/13 08:48 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Bump for 0.41, which now includes the Ka-50 Black Shark.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#3864522 - 11/19/13 03:05 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

0.41a is uploaded. 0.41a fixes a bug with the MiG-29 joystick LUA profile. Just update your ingame controller profile for the MiG-29 variants with the new version.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#3881125 - 12/21/13 08:16 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

0.50 is uploaded. 0.50 adds a dedicated P-51D profile, makes the controller LUA profiles directly compatible with DCS World 1.2.6 update 4, and fixes minor bugs.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#3885087 - 12/28/13 02:35 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

0.51 is uploaded. It fixes a bug with T1 for the P-51D causing issues with other aircraft profiles.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#3887919 - 01/02/14 02:27 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
Burton Offline
Burton  Offline

Hi HomeFries, I registered just to post this so hopefully you'll see it.

Firstly, huge kudos to yourself for the work done on creating the target profile, I've had the cougar for about 4 years now, and it sat in the box due to it not "working" when I first got it.. I randomly got it out and tried it and hey, it works now...
I tried a few profiles out for Foxy but no joy, and then I found this beautiful piece of art - So thanks, you've made it possible to play DCS now, when previously I had about 10 minutes played I think I've put 20 hours in the last 3 days alone.

I do have one question, perhaps it's something I've misunderstood, perhaps it's the way it's meant to be.

Padlock views - I've set this to 0 as I use TrackIR and it doesn't interest me, you say in the PDF supplied with the profile that this will enable rudder trim on the hat without a tempo control.

I'm not sure if it's me or what, but I just cannot get my rudder trim to work. I even tried setting padlock to 1, but no joy...
Also with padlock set to 0, the hat up switch, to control nose trim doesn't work, unless shifted. I got the impression that with padlockviews set to 0, I wouldn't have to shift any trim controls apart from rudder (which doesn't work for me) and to reset the trim

Is this how it's supposed to work, or is there an(y) issue(s) here that I need to figure out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and keep up the great work, Thanks.

Last edited by Burton; 01/02/14 02:29 PM.
#3887927 - 01/02/14 02:38 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
Snakeyes Offline
XBL: sSnakeyes
Snakeyes  Offline

Arizona, USA
This looks like an awesome profile HomeFries! I just downloaded the file and I'll be loading it up later today. Thanks for making it available.

#3888219 - 01/02/14 08:35 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
specialksl Offline
specialksl  Offline

Baltimore, MD USA
These are great! Any chance on making a file that will work with my HOTAS Warthog? I love the MFD graphics.

Main PC: ASUS P8Z77 - Intel I7 3770K OC to 4.4GHZ - Thermaltake Water2.0 Pro
GeForce GTX 970
16 Gig G.Skill Ares DDR3
Samsung EVO SSD 500GB
Plenty of storage
Windows 7 64bit
ASUS PB278Q @ 2560x1440

SIMPIT: ASUS Prime Z370-A, I7 8700K, H80i-V2 watercooler
ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080
Windows 10 64bit
32GB 2400 DDR4 memory
Thrustmaster Warthog - 2-TM MFDs
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals,4 -FIPs, TPM, Radio, Multipanel, Switch Panel, Pro Flight Yoke
3 - 32" Samsung monitors-1920x1080, 22" Samsung monitor
#3888487 - 01/03/14 06:11 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

I don't have a Hog, so I have no way to test it. However, I am planning on updating some of my routines in the future so they can be easily applied to both the Cougar and the Warthog.

That said, most of the MFD functions are DirectX based, so you could easily apply one of your hog buttons as a modifier in DCS, then assign your modifier plus the MFD button to a function in DCS to double the functionality of your MFDs.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#3888505 - 01/03/14 08:32 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
NamelessPFG Offline
NamelessPFG  Offline

Originally Posted By: HomeFries
That said, most of the MFD functions are DirectX based, so you could easily apply one of your hog buttons as a modifier in DCS, then assign your modifier plus the MFD button to a function in DCS to double the functionality of your MFDs.

There's just one problem with that...assigning a button to act as a DCS modifier means you can't use it to perform standalone functions at all. Imagine your boat switch not working like it's supposed to in the A-10C...

Incidentally, this has been the main hindrance for my Lua-only DCS profiles (trying to see if I can implement all needed functionality without touching TARGET so that I don't have to worry about switching TARGET profiles between different aircraft). That context sensitivity is needed to make the TMS function like the F-16C would (different scan patterns for dogfight/WVR, target lock/unlock for BVR), but moving the mode switch should also change the master mode accordingly, which can't be done if the mode switch is used for DCS modifiers.

That said, your profile has been exceedingly helpful in figuring out what the important FC3 commands are and where I might want them, even if I haven't had my hotrodded Cougar for a long while now.

#3888730 - 01/03/14 04:57 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
Burton Offline
Burton  Offline

Any ideas HomeFries?

Original Post

#3888737 - 01/03/14 05:09 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Sorry, Burton. I missed the post during the Holidays.

In what sim are you trying to do rudder trim with padlock = 0? I know the A-10C rudder trim is not modeled (I didn't want to apply something not directly on the A-10C HOTAS). Also, try padlock = 1 and let me know if it works. If it does I'll double check my code and LUA files. I generally use padlock = 1 myself for testing, so I may have broken something in the process.

Thanks for the heads-up.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#3888742 - 01/03/14 05:15 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
Burton Offline
Burton  Offline

Ah! There lays the problem then. I wasn't aware that the A-10 didnt have a trim control available. Darn!

I'm not using pedals (yet), not until I move back to Canada anyway,

For the time being can you think of something that would enable me to use the rudders on the HOTAS whilst still using your TARGET profile? Whilst keyboard might be the easiest option, it's not very precise, kind of an all or nothing affair.

thanks for your hard work

#3888744 - 01/03/14 05:17 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: NamelessPFG]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Originally Posted By: NamelessPFG

There's just one problem with that...assigning a button to act as a DCS modifier means you can't use it to perform standalone functions at all. Imagine your boat switch not working like it's supposed to in the A-10C...

Incidentally, this has been the main hindrance for my Lua-only DCS profiles (trying to see if I can implement all needed functionality without touching TARGET so that I don't have to worry about switching TARGET profiles between different aircraft). That context sensitivity is needed to make the TMS function like the F-16C would (different scan patterns for dogfight/WVR, target lock/unlock for BVR), but moving the mode switch should also change the master mode accordingly, which can't be done if the mode switch is used for DCS modifiers.

That said, your profile has been exceedingly helpful in figuring out what the important FC3 commands are and where I might want them, even if I haven't had my hotrodded Cougar for a long while now.

Thank you for the kind words.

For starters, I would look at either S3 or S4 as your modifier. The Cougar (and the old F-16 FLCS) defaults to S3 for the modifier, though this is also NWS/Laser for the A-10C. Since S4 does not actually exist on the A-10C HOTAS this is a logical modifier, but I find it more difficult to do combinations with S4 versus S3 given that its location requires more time for your pinky to get to it.

The way I do the profile is use S3 as the modifier and use S4 for the Laser on the A-10C (it's actually a bit more complicated than that due to my wheel brake routine, but this would work for you without having to code in TARGET). I don't recommend using the boat switch or any switch with a steady (not instantaneous) on state as a DCS modifier because an active modifier will prevent you from using things like the comm menu. I did the U/M/D in the FC3 profile from within TARGET.

Last edited by HomeFries; 01/03/14 09:29 PM. Reason: clarity

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#3888757 - 01/03/14 05:31 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: Burton]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Originally Posted By: Burton
For the time being can you think of something that would enable me to use the rudders on the HOTAS whilst still using your TARGET profile? Whilst keyboard might be the easiest option, it's not very precise, kind of an all or nothing affair.

I've been toying with the idea of mapping the ANT knob to rudder and applying the differential braking routine, but only when the gear is down in order to facilitate taxiing for people without pedals. However, I have no plans to map ANT to rudder while in the air, as it is used for other functions of more immediate use. This kind of hoses people for helicopters, but I figure it's better than nothing. In the meantime, you can just map the ANT knob to the rudder in the A-10C joystick LUA file and remap FOV zoom to S3+ANT (or vice versa).

I'm hoping to put out another build in a week or so, and I'll see what I can do about putting this in.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#3901963 - 01/26/14 04:23 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
Burton Offline
Burton  Offline

Since the new patch the wheelbreak is no longer functioning for me. Is this able to be confirmed by anyone else?

I've tried re-doing the config but no joy frown

Keep up the good work HF!

#3902169 - 01/27/14 12:32 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Thanks for the heads-up, Burton. If you could tell me which profile gives you trouble, and if FC3, which aircraft in particular, then I can narrow down my search.

I was getting ready to release a new version of the script when DCS World 1.2.7 was released, so I've had to go back and tweak some things (particularly for the Huey). I hope to have 1.00 released by the end of this coming week.

EDIT: Burton, you'll be happy to know that the option to map ANT as rudder made it into the latest version!

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#3903023 - 01/28/14 11:41 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
Burton Offline
Burton  Offline

I only really fly the A-10C, so that's all I've noticed the paddle switch not working on.

Also - I knocked this up to keep on my desk (printer friendly) - Let me know if you'd like these included and I'll make the others/send you the .psd

http://i.imgur.com/Qxfbrhz.jpg

Last edited by Burton; 01/28/14 11:41 AM.
#3903361 - 01/28/14 07:14 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

That's awesome, Burton. I'd love the PSD.

I couldn't duplicate the issue with the A-10C, but I did notice that 1.2.7 seems to be more sensitive in the order in which modifiers vs. buttons are pressed. I adjusted my routines accordingly for 1.00 by putting in a 10ms delay between modifiers and the active buttons.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#3904597 - 01/30/14 11:01 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Version 1.00 is released.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#3906947 - 02/04/14 03:36 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
Burton Offline
Burton  Offline

Hi HF, I'm just looking through the control guide for the FC3 profile.

I understand that relative to the position of the dogfight switch, the hat switches perform differently, UMD, I get that, but can you explain what DI, DO, MI, MO, UI are?

#3907145 - 02/04/14 08:32 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

No problem. This is just old FLCS/TQS and Foxy nomenclature. Though you already understand the basics, I'll spell them out for everybody else:

/I is for S3 in (pressed), /O is for out (default unpressed)
/U is for dogfight switch in the up position
/M is for dogfight switch in the middle position
/D is for dogfight switch in the down position

There are a possible six combinations for each button depending on the state of S3 and the dogfight switch. The 2 letters are just a possible combination.

For example, /DI is when S3 is pressed and the dogfight switch is down.

I'll be sure to explain this in the next version of the user guide.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#3907816 - 02/06/14 01:51 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
NamelessPFG Offline
NamelessPFG  Offline

Thank you for the kind words.

For starters, I would look at either S3 or S4 as your modifier. The Cougar (and the old F-16 FLCS) defaults to S3 for the modifier, though this is also NWS/Laser for the A-10C. Since S4 does not actually exist on the A-10C HOTAS this is a logical modifier, but I find it more difficult to do combinations with S4 versus S3 given that its location requires more time for your pinky to get to it.

The way I do the profile is use S3 as the modifier and use S4 for the Laser on the A-10C (it's actually a bit more complicated than that due to my wheel brake routine, but this would work for you without having to code in TARGET). I don't recommend using the boat switch or any switch with a steady (not instantaneous) on state as a DCS modifier because an active modifier will prevent you from using things like the comm menu. I did the U/M/D in the FC3 profile from within TARGET.

As a former F-22 Pro and Cougar owner, I'm fairly experienced in the old logical programming language and actually still prefer its simplicity in many regards. I would've preferred S4 to be the default /I /O shift modifier since I find it easier to hold down, but TM's decision was made years ago.

My hesitation for actually setting up a modifier for my profiles is pretty much the same reason I'm NOT using the boat switch as a set of modifiers; DCS itself will act as if they are modifiers for ALL aircraft modules, even where they aren't necessary, like in A-10C. It's less of a concern for FC3, but I'm pretty insistent on S4 for helicopter trimming as opposed to your use of H4, and even within FC3, it's proven quite useful for wheel brakes since Eagle Dynamics still refuses to implement analog axis mappings for wheel brakes, differential or not.

Fiddling around with the Su-27 a bit more gives me a clearer idea of what I want mounted where; however, it'll inherently require a repurposing of the Warthog's "mic switch" hat for WVR master modes with only the center click-down reserved for radio commands (or in my case, external VoIP push-to-talk).

Without resorting to shifts for the required context sensitivity, something will have to give in the F-15C. I can make the TMS loosely emulate either the F-16C's dogfight or MRM override, not both, but for the sake of consistency with the Su-27, which does NOT automatically lock up targets in its scan pattern like I expected and requires a manual designation, I'll shunt the WVR scan patterns to the mic switch.

I think I've come close to the ideal Warthog layout after a few key realizations like that and how reserving S3 for lasing isn't a requirement on the fighters that have radars and no tracking lasers to engage for LGB employment, alongside figuring out what axes actually respond to what radar functions. Turns out that "Radar Horizontal" does NOT shift the scan zone left/right on the Su-27, but actually adjusts the expected target size...also, "Base/Distance" apparently does nothing and "MFD Range" does exactly what you'd expect, corresponding to the "Display Zoom In/Out" button mappings.

Maybe after this, I should go pick up another CH Products Fighterstick/Pro Throttle pair and Saitek X-52 Pro (X-55 as well once it hits general availability) simply to create updated DCS profiles for everyone's convenience, if I don't remember all the default button/axis mappings off the top of my head and can't key them all in manually off memory. You'd think Eagle Dynamics would put in all the work there so we don't have to, at least to give us all a good reference point...

#3909870 - 02/10/14 04:57 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: NamelessPFG]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

As a former F-22 Pro and Cougar owner, I'm fairly experienced in the old logical programming language and actually still prefer its simplicity in many regards. I would've preferred S4 to be the default /I /O shift modifier since I find it easier to hold down, but TM's decision was made years ago.

My hesitation for actually setting up a modifier for my profiles is pretty much the same reason I'm NOT using the boat switch as a set of modifiers; DCS itself will act as if they are modifiers for ALL aircraft modules, even where they aren't necessary, like in A-10C. It's less of a concern for FC3, but I'm pretty insistent on S4 for helicopter trimming as opposed to your use of H4, and even within FC3, it's proven quite useful for wheel brakes since Eagle Dynamics still refuses to implement analog axis mappings for wheel brakes, differential or not.

It appears that 1.2.7 now allows aircraft specific modifiers (like we had in FC2), but I haven't explored this further. Even if you do have a boat switch for a set of modifiers for one particular aircraft, you still lose the ability to use the comms menu while the boat/dogfight switch is in any position other than center. That's why I use TARGET for the dogfight switch modes in FC3.

I originally had S3 or S4 as selectable modifiers in my profile, but went exclusively to S3 when I decided to use S4 for differential braking. This was really more of a Cougar issue, because a rudder with toe brakes attached to the Cougar still has to sacrifice 2 axes in the CCP before even entering TARGET programming, so there is no way to select 8 of 10 axes on the fly. S4 as wheel brake using the rudder position for differential braking modeled itself after many WWII aircraft, and in reserving S4 for wheel brake (while the gear is down) required removing it as a viable modifier.

The rationale for H4 as trim was based on the actual trim button location on the Ka-50 cyclic, which matches the H4 position. I wanted to match the actual aircraft HOTAS as much as possible, and since the Cougar does not have an H4 Z axis, I had to use one of the hat switch positions. Forward seemed logical because it is easy to hold in while still making fine adjustments with the controller.

Fiddling around with the Su-27 a bit more gives me a clearer idea of what I want mounted where; however, it'll inherently require a repurposing of the Warthog's "mic switch" hat for WVR master modes with only the center click-down reserved for radio commands (or in my case, external VoIP push-to-talk).

Without resorting to shifts for the required context sensitivity, something will have to give in the F-15C. I can make the TMS loosely emulate either the F-16C's dogfight or MRM override, not both, but for the sake of consistency with the Su-27, which does NOT automatically lock up targets in its scan pattern like I expected and requires a manual designation, I'll shunt the WVR scan patterns to the mic switch.

The TEMPO command was my workaround for this. With dogfight up, TMS maps to the WVR modes for TEMPO Short commands, and TMS Up Long is the manual lock. Dogfight down maps TMS to the BVR mode.

I think I've come close to the ideal Warthog layout after a few key realizations like that and how reserving S3 for lasing isn't a requirement on the fighters that have radars and no tracking lasers to engage for LGB employment, alongside figuring out what axes actually respond to what radar functions. Turns out that "Radar Horizontal" does NOT shift the scan zone left/right on the Su-27, but actually adjusts the expected target size...also, "Base/Distance" apparently does nothing and "MFD Range" does exactly what you'd expect, corresponding to the "Display Zoom In/Out" button mappings.

Yeah, finding the logical consistent mappings across aircraft with divergent functions was tough, but at least there is enough commonality with FC3 aircraft to make it work

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#3910967 - 02/12/14 10:38 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Version 1.10 is released. This release contains updated LUA profiles for DCS World 1.2.7 Update 1, consolidates and remaps much of the FC3 profiles, fixes a minor bug with the UH-1, and adds a Mi-8 profile (work in progress).

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#3947363 - 05/01/14 12:01 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Version 1.20 is released for DCS World 1.2.8.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#3958973 - 05/28/14 05:10 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Version 1.24 is released.

Change Log:
  • Enhanced Analog Airbrake routine (H/T Nicu) for FC3 (F-15C), DX, and A-10C profiles
  • FC3: Added Fuel Tank Selector and T/O trim to RMFD for F-15C
  • FC3: Updated S3+T1 Long to jettison fuel tanks regardless of dogfight switch position
  • FC3: Added relative microstick axes to dummy axes for Su-25T
  • UH-1: Set Snapviews to shifted H3R/L only (deconflicts with trim)
  • UH-1: Added context sensitive T1/T6 mapping and H1 searchlight
  • UH-1: Swapped mapping of searchlight and landing light
  • UH-1: Replaced RMFD RADALT and CDI OBS functions with electrical panel and radio functions
  • P-51D: Restored X/Y axes to joystick diff.lua file
  • A-10C: Reorganized most of MFD additional (shifted) functions. Added parking brake (T10)

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#3976036 - 07/02/14 06:11 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Version 1.26 is released.

Change Log:

• Added TARGET-based Central Position Trimmer Mode (TCPTM)
  • Revised Throttle-based Engine Start (S3 now required) and added Single Engine Option
  • Added flashing LED for Engine Shutdown
  • Added delays to "simultaneous" LED use to minimize profile crashes
  • Fixed ejection routine to prevent TrackIR from pausing after ejection.
  • Ka-50: Enhanced PVI-800 functionality (RMFD) and misc MFD functions.
  • Ka-50: Changed H4LR (Emer AP Discon) to TEMPO Long. Mapped S4 (gear st. up) to Emer AP Discon.
  • Ka-50: Added R-828/ARK-22 to HOTAS and Rotor RPM Warn light to LOSB5 long.
  • Ka-50: Added Engine Start routines when gear state is down
  • P-51D: Enabled T6 for differential wheelbrake (gear state down) and changed WEP to TEMPO Long.

I'm particularly proud of the Target-based Central Position Trimmer mode, which incorporates the advantages of both of the ED trimmer modes and minimizes both of their disadvantages. IMO, this is the best alternative to helicopter trimming short of force feedback. Be sure to read the User Reference for details.

Note: both the Installation Guide and User Reference now have a black line in the margin where contents have been changed since the last public release. You can now browse both manuals to quickly see what has been updated.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#3978448 - 07/09/14 01:21 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
maestro72x Offline
maestro72x  Offline

also anyone have a similar for the Warthog?

Last edited by maestro72x; 07/09/14 01:25 AM.
#3981261 - 07/15/14 05:33 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

All,

Please note that I have added a poll regarding how best to map the Ka-50 switches on the Autopilot panel. See the initial post for details on the options, and feel free to offer your rationale in this thread.

Please vote in the poll at ED or Combatsim

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#3994996 - 08/13/14 07:15 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Version 1.28 is released for DCS World 1.2.10.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4026154 - 10/23/14 04:30 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

1.29 is Released. The MiG-21 has been added, along with the following changes:
  • Forced Fw190 Gear/Flaps to LMFD for realism and functionality
  • Tied Digital Throttle sectors to ThrottleMin and IdleDetent values
  • Added "Binary-Discrete" airbrake type for use with MiG-21
  • Fixed padlock bug with non-TIR Hat1 (H/T cake_o_fruits)
  • Fixed bug with Ka-50 Microstick Offset affecting XM60 control in the UH-1
  • Changed Microstick_Offset to apply to all aircraft and added Helo_Microstick_Offset for the reverse throttle

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4034885 - 11/12/14 01:44 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

1.30 is released. 1.30 makes minor changes to the MFDs for use with the Su-27 PFM and Electrical Power for all FC3 aircraft, and fixes a bug when using FC3 with Aries Radio.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4042992 - 11/29/14 05:55 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
Snakeyes Offline
Snakeyes  Offline

Arizona, USA
HomeFries,

I don't currently own MFDs. Can I still use your TM Cougar profiles? Out of curiosity, what kind of MFDs do you use? Approx. how much do they cost and could they be utilized without a cockpit?

Thanks!

#4043441 - 11/30/14 05:30 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Snakeyes,

I use the Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs, the only TM MFDs available. Amazon sells the MFDs for about $70. You don't need a full cockpit; the MFDs can be propped up on your desk.

Depending on the aircraft you fly, you may need the MFDs. In any case, they are highly recommended, and required in order to change between aircraft profiles.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4043477 - 11/30/14 10:35 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
Snakeyes Offline
Snakeyes  Offline

Arizona, USA
I'll check them out on Amazon! Thanks for the feedback HomeFries.

#4043973 - 12/01/14 04:48 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
Snakeyes Offline
Snakeyes  Offline

Arizona, USA
HomeFries, I ordered a pair of TM MFDs from Amazon and they should be here on Wednesday. I'm anxious to try your profiles out! I'm happy to see that a few people are still using the TM Cougar and writing new profiles for it. Did you add anything to the center of the MFDs or fit them over some kind of display? I've read where some just add a cardboard insert painted either light green (like an MFD screen) or black.

matrix

#4043975 - 12/01/14 04:54 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: Snakeyes]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Originally Posted By: Snakeyes
HomeFries, I ordered a pair of TM MFDs from Amazon and they should be here on Wednesday. I'm anxious to try your profiles out! I'm happy to see that a few people are still using the TM Cougar and writing new profiles for it. Did you add anything to the center of the MFDs or fit them over some kind of display? I've read where some just add a cardboard insert painted either light green (like an MFD screen) or black.

I actually use 3M wall stickies (padded stickies used for posters) to mount my MFDs to a separate monitor, then have DCS display the MFDs separately to that part of the screen on the monitor. If you don't want to do that, you may print out the MFD graphics (included in the profile) at 100% scale, and the inserts will fit directly into the MFDs themselves. I highly recommend this until you learn where things are mapped for each aircraft.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4044007 - 12/01/14 05:42 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
Snakeyes Offline
Snakeyes  Offline

Arizona, USA
I'll try your latter suggestion for now. Is there anything that I need to know about Target or the MFD drivers? I won't install either until the MFDs are connected because I need to use the HOTAS in the meantime.

#4044014 - 12/01/14 05:54 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

You can install TARGET independently of Foxy, and you can still use Foxy if TARGET is installed because they interface differently with the Cougar. Just make sure you have the stick set properly in CCP and your Foxy profile disabled before loading your TARGET profile. You can load the MFD drivers once the MFDs arrive and it won't hurt anything. I recommend the latest MFD drivers linked in the OP; I've had fewer profile crashes with those.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4061474 - 01/09/15 05:20 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

1.31 is released. Fixes include an init bug in FC3 and fixing the searchlight X axis in the Mi-8. Additionally, enhancements have been made to the Mi-8 profile (autopilot in particular).

Also added are the Bf-109K-4 and a very basic Hawk T.1A profile.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4061732 - 01/09/15 07:35 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

1.31a is uploaded; fixes some minor issues with LUA files.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4065816 - 01/19/15 12:29 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

There's an updated diff.lua file for the Mi-8 joystick configuration. It fixes an issue with being able to toggle the radio/ICS switch with S3+LOSB11.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4088847 - 03/07/15 03:26 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Version 1.33 is released. 1.33 fixes a few bugs, enhances the MiG-21 and F-86, and adds the option for analog braking using the cougar stick.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4095900 - 03/24/15 03:16 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

1.33a is uploaded. 1.33a is a hotfix that reintroduces Kneeboard controls to the LMFD Gain rocker and OSB20 for the Bf-109 and FC3 aircraft (including the Su-25T). Somehow these mappings were deleted with the 1.2.16 patch and I didn't catch it at the time of release.

You can either download 1.33a as a whole, or you can download the hotfix (linked at the top of the original post) and then install the updated diff.lua files.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4107540 - 04/17/15 02:11 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

1.34 is uploaded. 1.34 adds the MiG-15, and enhances the Standard DX profile for the Hawk and C-101 (including trim!).

Due to Real Life(TM), I have only been able to perform cursory internal testing on this build. Please report any bugs or recommended changes (especially for the Hawk/C-101) so that I can improve the next version.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4131678 - 06/10/15 04:23 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Version 1.35 is released.

Change Log:
  • FC3: Fixed issue with DirectX PTT with CommState and Aries Radio disabled
  • F-86: Added default Brake Out indication if GearState Down (for cold start)
  • Added Left/Right axis only combined braking algorithm to DiffBraking() for Bf-109
  • Ka-50: Added numeric keypad direct entry for PVI-800. Updated Rotor Brake macro for 1.2.14+.
  • Ka-50: Added ability to reset trim forward of default (i.e. Hover Trim)
  • A-10C: Added direct entry for UFC without S3 (including numeric keypad). Updated A-10C CDU Direct Entry mode to deconflict with TS3_DX PTT.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4133590 - 06/13/15 05:33 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
kadiir Offline
kadiir  Offline

How close are you to your Warthog funding goal?

#4133668 - 06/13/15 10:19 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: kadiir]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Originally Posted By: kadiir
How close are you to your Warthog funding goal?

12%. If I get to 75% I'll probably suck up the rest, though.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4142037 - 07/02/15 08:31 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

The 1.35a hotfix is released. This fixes bugs with the FC3/Su-25T Kneeboard mapping.

EDIT: if you downloaded the file named "TARGET F-15C v135a.7z", please redownload the hotfix. It should read "TARGET FC3 v135a.7z".

Last edited by HomeFries; 07/02/15 02:27 PM. Reason: updated hotfix

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4142041 - 07/02/15 09:13 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
Alicatt Offline
Hotshot
Alicatt  Offline
Hotshot

Ice Cold in Alex or Eating in ...
A little something sent your way as I have been enjoying the use of your Cougar/MFD profiles.

had to go buy some MFDs to go with it too smile

Chlanna nan con thigibh a so's gheibh sibh feoil
Sons of the hound come here and get flesh
Clan Cameron
#4142153 - 07/02/15 02:31 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Thanks, Alicatt. cheers

BTW, please be sure to re-download the hotfix if you're one of the two who downloaded it previously. I was really tired when I made the fix, and I didn't even think to check to see if the other aircraft were affected (spoiler: they were duh ).

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4172863 - 09/24/15 03:10 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Development update:

As some of you may know, over the last couple of months I have had very limited free time. During this time, I have put a new version of this profile into limited beta testing, and also having achieved my 60% funding goal I purchased a Warthog on credit.

Now that my free time has increased, I intend to debug version 1.36 for short term release, then get to work on 1.40, which will be the first version of the profile to be Warthog compatible. Since I purchased the Warthog on credit, I'm hoping that a Warthog compatible profile will help achieve my crowdfunding target (at which point I will remove the donation link and request that all donations go to the Wounded Warrior Project).

Note that with exception of Rudder Pedals attached to the Cougar, 1.40 will not be a combined Cougar/Warthog profile. This means that you will set whether you have a Cougar or Warthog in the DCS World.tmc, and the script will assign buttons and axes based on those entries. I hope to have a combined profile (i.e. using both Cougar and Warthog throttles simultaneously for those so equipped) for 2.0, with the example concept of using the Cougar TQS for the MiG-21 throttle while using the switches on the Warthog throttle for things like nav mode, air start, etc.

Things are looking up!

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4175223 - 09/30/15 03:17 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

1.36 is released. This will be the last major release exclusively for the Cougar. All follow-on releases will include Warthog functionality as well.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4254315 - 04/29/16 06:51 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

1.50 is Released!

This is a major update that adds Thrustmaster Warthog compatibility to the profile, and also adds the Mirage 2000C.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4260785 - 05/16/16 05:28 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
specialksl Offline
specialksl  Offline

Baltimore, MD USA
I click on the download button and nothing happens. How do I download the files? Do I have to setup an account?

GeForce GTX 970
16 Gig G.Skill Ares DDR3
Samsung EVO SSD 500GB
Plenty of storage
Windows 7 64bit
ASUS PB278Q @ 2560x1440

ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080
Windows 10 64bit
32GB 2400 DDR4 memory
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals,4 -FIPs, TPM, Radio, Multipanel, Switch Panel, Pro Flight Yoke
#4260959 - 05/17/16 03:28 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Sorry, specialksl. Some people have trouble with Box.com links for some reason. There is another mirror available in the first post (just above the pictures).

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4261059 - 05/17/16 01:22 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
specialksl Offline
specialksl  Offline

Baltimore, MD USA
Sorry, specialksl. Some people have trouble with Box.com links for some reason. There is another mirror available in the first post (just above the pictures).

Thanks. I got it.

GeForce GTX 970
16 Gig G.Skill Ares DDR3
Samsung EVO SSD 500GB
Plenty of storage
Windows 7 64bit
ASUS PB278Q @ 2560x1440

ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080
Windows 10 64bit
32GB 2400 DDR4 memory
#4261327 - 05/18/16 04:38 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Version 1.51 is released. This version adds the SA-342 Gazelle and fixes a bug with the Cougar ANT_ELEV knob not working when USB rudders are used.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4261744 - 05/19/16 03:02 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
Marcocom Offline
Marcocom  Offline

United States
I cant believe how solid this is working, even in Warthog, and even in DCS2.0! v1.5 really brought the warthog into the game for me, finally.

#4270144 - 06/14/16 09:10 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Version 1.60 is released!

You need to have the latest version of TARGET (v3.0.16.520). With the new aircraft selection, be sure to read the User Reference (starting page 61) as well as the Setup Guide regarding DCS_UserSettings.tmm.

I'm looking for feedback on this; I think you'll like it, but I'm open to suggestions.

Finally, if anybody has the new TFRP Rudder Pedals, they are excluded from the profile by desig (you get more axes as a result). There is only one reason to add the TFRPs to the profile, and that is for people who use rudder trim with the TCPTM (at the expense of totally independent toe brakes). However, if there is enough interest I will add the option.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4275513 - 07/02/16 08:11 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Folks,

In polishing the Gazelle profile, I would like to make the number keys (both numeric keypad and top of the keyboard) as direct entry keys for the NADIR and the UHF radio. The idea is that simply pressing the number key (or holding S3 while pressing the number key) will directly press the button on either the NADIR or UHF, just like how the A-10C UFC and the Ka-50 PVI-800 works now.

Here's the problem: 1 and 2 default to swtiching seats. I already have the seat swap mapped to the hat switch, but I don't like to change default mappings if I don't have to, especially for something like this.

So here are the options I can think of:
  • Use number keys for NADIR and S3+number keys for UHF and just use hat for seat swap
  • Use number keys for NADIR and S3+number keys for UHF and remap seat swap to other keys
  • leave default 1-2 for seat swap and make S3+number keys NADIR and S3+numeric keypad UHF radio

I'm open to other suggestions as well.

Finally, I'm having a tough time figuring out how best to map the non-numeric NADIR keys. I've tried something with the numeric keypad and the LMFD, but it just doesn't seem intuitive. I'm open to suggestions here as well.

EDIT: Here's the NADIR layout right now; any advice is welcome.

Last edited by HomeFries; 07/02/16 08:15 PM. Reason: added graphic

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4280256 - 07/20/16 01:55 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Version 1.62 is released for use with DCS World 1.5.4. 1.62 adds the L variant of the SA342 Gazelle, as well as new features with the M-2000C.

Also expanded in 1.62 is the dynamic backlighting. This is strictly cosmetic, but adds immersion. For example, switching on electrical power in FC3 aircraft using the APU switch on the Warthog Throttle will cycle the MFD and Throttle backlighting from off/minimal to on, as will applying battery power in the M-2000C by using RBRT. Most of the backlighting options are disabled by default, but I encourage you to enable them and try them out.

Also, just to reiterate, I'm still hoping to receive suggestions on how you would like the NADIR mapped on both the keyboard and MFD for the Gazelle. Please don't be shy.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4285250 - 08/05/16 11:23 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Version 1.63 is released. 1.63 adds the F-5E Tiger II and fixes some issues with the MIG-21 due to the module's recent change to toggle functions.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4295985 - 09/13/16 07:41 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Version 1.64 is released. 1.64 adds multicrew capability to the SA342 Gazelle and completes the Gazelle profile to include UHF and NADIR direct entry. Additionally, 1.64 updates the changes in mappings with the M-2000C.

Version 1.64 also adds compatibility for DCS SimpleRadio Standalone, to include intercom mapping for the Gazelle and L-39 Albatross.

Of note, the NADIR and UHF direct entry mapping in the Gazelle necessitated that I remove the default use of "1" and "2" to change seats. You must now use S3+Hat1 Long to change seats, as "1" and "2" are now used for the NADIR keypad.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4298500 - 09/23/16 08:54 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

1.65 is out. 1.65 adds INS direct entry functionality to the M-2000C and fixes a CommState bug with the Cougar.

Here's a Direct Entry teaser:

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4329574 - 01/19/17 08:13 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Version 1.66 is released. In addition to the Spitfire, v1.66 fixes a number of bugs, improves the M-2000C based on the latest avionics updates, and improves the FC3 autopilot logic (Warthog only).

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4334487 - 02/03/17 09:10 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Version 1.67 is released. V1.67 adds the AJS-37 Viggen to the list of selectable profiles. DCS World 1.5.6 (currently OpenBeta) is required to fly the Viggen, but the profile is otherwise fully compatible with DCS World 1.5.5.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4341090 - 02/28/17 05:31 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
Rangoon Offline
Rangoon  Offline

After decades using CH gear, I finally added a Warthg HOTAS w/Cougar MFDs to my setup. Having invested hundreds of hours into CH profiles, a) I don't exactly want to start over, and b) I understand what it takes to perfect a complex profile. Thanks for producing and sharing these with us, HomeFries!

I actually just recently downloaded the ones on the DCS site by Polaris and SchniX. I was surprised theirs didn't use TARGET, which made me suspcious that those profiles are likley a bit simplified because of it - maybe I'm wrong. So I wanted to ask a couple of quick questions if you don't mind:

1) any idea how yours compares to theirs regarding breadth of functions and possibly learning curve?

2) do your profiles prioritize each aircraft's ideal layout without regard to other aircraft layouts (the pc simmer's dilemma)? Or do they find common groun/themes whenever possible to make switching aircraft as intuitive as possible after mastering one?

Thank you!

#4341101 - 02/28/17 06:24 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Rangoon,

I haven't used the other profiles you mention, so I can't do a direct comparison. However, programming in TARGET has advantages and disadvantages; with my script I have tried to maximize advantages and minimize disadvantages.

Since the other profiles don't rely on TARGET, they rely on the ability to customize controllers within DCS. DCS is very powerful when it comes to flexible control setups, but there are things that you can only do with TARGET, such as double the functionality of a button with the TEMPO command (similar to how the A-10C has different commands for long and short button presses), assign multiple commands to a single button (macro), create arrays for cycling discrete state commands (especially useful for the MiG-21 and AJS-37), and reassigning button assignments on the fly. My script does all of these, and in fact it is the ability to change buttons on the fly that made me migrate to TARGET in the first place so I can change aircraft profiles with the push of a button. Of note, I also use the LED functionality on both the MFDs and Warthog throttle. Of note, I also have direct entry routines in some cases where if you use a particular snapview (like zooming into the A-10C CDU), you can use your keyboard to type in all of your entries. Once you release the snapview, the commands go back to their default state.

The downside is that, like CH, Thrustmaster creates an integrated virtual controller (in this case the stick, throttle, and both MFDs). The problem is that DirectX is limited to 8 axes and 32 buttons, so you lose a lot of directx functionality between the stick, throttle and both MFDs. (as opposed to them being four separate controllers). I work around that limitation with modifiers, and I assign key commands to most switches on the warthog throttle base. This brings up both a feature of the throttle switches that can be an advantage or disadvantage with TARGET, depending on what the game supports. If you have the A-10C, you've seen that the switches on the warthog throttle base map directly to their in-game counterparts, and the in-game switch automatically matches the state of the WH throttle base. If you use TARGET, you must map these switches to DirectX to get the same funcitonality, and you lose directx functionality on the other controllers. I don't do this. However, if the module doesn't support discrete switch states like this, then TARGET is the only way to provide both on and off commands to the switches. This is how I do switches whenever possible, and even though they don't sync with the game, you still have discrete control.

One last thing: while TARGET is great, the FAST middleware that Thrustmaster uses is sometimes unstable. I use workarounds to get the instability out of my profiles (like not using two LEDs at the same time, for instance), but it isn't perfect. If you don't use TARGET, having your profile crash is one less worry you have.

Regarding layouts, my philosophy is to match the aircraft's control scheme as much as possible, and if the commands don't support this I revert to the TMS/DMS/CMS philosophy for the A-10C and F-16 and group things that way. I also have a philosophy of mapping controls that are hard to reach using the mouse; a clickable cockpit should be an option for convenience, not a rite of passage. So I guess my philosophy on control schemes is a mix of the two extremes you ask about. There are some consistent functions I try to maintain across the profiles, but you may experience some learning curve between modules.

Hope this helps,
HF

Last edited by HomeFries; 02/28/17 06:28 PM.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4341105 - 02/28/17 06:47 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
Rangoon Offline
Rangoon  Offline

Sounds great, thanks Home Fries. I'm just now going through your documentation. I'm sure anyone who can/would put that material together as well as you have is doing some very high-level, well-thought-out profile design. I'm looking forward to trying these out.

#4343506 - 03/10/17 07:26 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Version 1.68 is out. 1.68 adds basic VR capability (mouse buttons to POV hat), enables optional use of the Warthog afterburner detent, and fixes some bugs (including the gear transition bug in the AJS-37 that could crash the profile).

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4353884 - 04/27/17 12:10 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
Rangoon Offline
Rangoon  Offline

For some reason I'm not able to download the 1.68 file. I tried clicking on the center download as well as in the upper right corner, but nothing happens. I tried turning off my AV protection, but no difference. Something I'm missing?

EDIT: I assume it's just a monthly bandwidth limit issue. Can anyone with the file please pm me a dropbox link or something? Have the day off today and tomorrow, but will be out of town next week when the new month begins. Was excited to get this set up!

Last edited by Rangoon; 04/27/17 01:06 PM.
#4354555 - 04/30/17 10:34 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: Rangoon]  
pjgs Offline
pjgs  Offline

Same for me. Can't download.

#4354559 - 04/30/17 11:33 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: pjgs]  
cichlidfan Offline
cichlidfan  Offline

Woodbridge, VA, USA
Originally Posted by pjgs
Same for me. Can't download.

Try again, after the first of the month.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
#4354838 - 05/01/17 10:09 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

I should have 1.69 ready to go shortly, but the issue was likely bandwidth. Apparently the profile is getting popular!

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4356780 - 05/11/17 11:17 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
skreedk Offline
skreedk  Offline

Hi,

I'm all new to DCS World. I've played Falcon BMS in the past, and getting the controls right, is a puzzle.

Now, I'm giving this a try, but I'm having issues figuring out how to get the stuff working. Here's what I have:

- TrackIR4
- Trustmaster HOTAS Cougar - no rudder pedals

I've installed the Joystick with drivers and all, and it works, but I really need a "guide for dummies" on how to configure the Cougar CCP, the TARGET and finally the controls in DCS.

As it is now, I've figured out how to load a control scheme in DCS, but I don't think that's the right way to do it.

I've never used TARGET before, but when I load a profile, and test the input, it gives me nothing...I guess that isn't as it should be, right?

PLEASE, help me set this up, so I can get airborne and start spending money on more aircraft wink

#4357253 - 05/14/17 02:40 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

skreedk,

The Setup Guide is your best bet, although I don't cater it as an " guide for dummies" but rather a checklist of things you need to do. Still, use that as a reference when going through step-by-step.

One thing I will say that you may (understandably) overlook: TARGET creates a virtual joystick controller when a profile is activated. The controller will be called Thrustmaster Combined. This is the controller that needs to be tested with the device analyzer and for which diff.lua files must be imported in DCS. The TARGET profile must be running before configuring in DCS. Also,do you have the MFDs? These should be considered mandatory for using the profile for more than a single aircraft.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4369307 - 07/15/17 04:41 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

At long last, 1.70 is released. This build incorporates the 1.69 changes and refines the AJS-37 Viggen controls (especially useful with FunkyFranky's switch mod, which is included in the package with permission).

Now I can get back to my Master's thesis and then focus on the Mi-8 and VAC.

EDIT: If you downloaded 1.70 before July 15 and get an error on execution, download the following file and replace your existing version.
DCS_UserSettings.zip

Last edited by HomeFries; 07/15/17 11:23 PM.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4380736 - 09/22/17 08:05 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Version 1.71 is released. This build brings the Mi-8 up to the latest command structure, applies the new Mi-8 throttle routines to the Ka-50 (Warthog only), and improves the M-2000C and AJS-37 Viggen.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4382178 - 09/30/17 12:30 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Version 1.72 is released. 1.72 adds a dedicated Su-33 profile in conjunction with the PFM/Standalone module release.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4383131 - 10/04/17 07:33 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

The 1.72a patch is available.  The patch fixes some Warthog assignment bugs with the M-2000C and updates the audio routine to directly use the EXE instead of a batch file.
The patch can be downloaded from here.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4384105 - 10/10/17 03:08 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
Rangoon Offline
Rangoon  Offline

Thank you!!!

#4384569 - 10/12/17 04:09 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
Rangoon Offline
Rangoon  Offline

Home Fries, do you happen to have any further insight into the issue described at the ED forums here?

It's where Windows 10 sees both the descrete Thrustmaster controllers and the combined virtual controller after running the script. DCS also sees all of them the same. Is this normal behavior? In the Windows 10 game controllers window, when I test each controller, the combined controller doesn't work but the individual ones do.

Could it have anything to do with the "filter drivers"? All four of mine error out, e.g.
"Installing filter driver to VID... Please Wait...Done!"
"Error:(internal) cannot associate a filter with the selected USB HID device..."

I get this four times, each with a unique VID

Last edited by Rangoon; 10/12/17 04:17 PM.
#4384572 - 10/12/17 04:43 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Rangoon,

What you describe is not unique; a number of people have issues like this with Windows 10. The ball is in Thrustmaster's court, and I haven't heard any progress on the issue. You may try the latest drivers and TARGET build to see if that helps. I use Windows 7, so I have no way to test it.

Best,
HF

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4384595 - 10/12/17 06:35 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
EjectEject Offline
SBD
EjectEject  Offline
SBD

USA
Been having that same issue lately. Finally got some time to play around with it.
Went into device manager without the script running and deleted all the non-connected devices under Human Interface Devices and Other devices.
Specifically, the HID-Compliant game controller under Human Interface Devices and all the Thrustmaster HID Filter under Other Devices, there were multiples of those.
To see them you need to go to View, and check Show Hidden Devices in Windows Device Manager. They will show up after that in a light gray color under those categories.
Rebooted
Ran the script and received a warning about filters missing. Waited about a minute and rebooted with the script still active.
Rebooted again, ran script, and everything went back to normal.

Tested after another reboot and it was still working fine. Windows is hiding and showing the devices again when the script is started/stopped.

Edit: Running TARGET version v.3.0.16.615 with latest drivers from Thrustmaster.

Last edited by EjectEject; 10/12/17 06:37 PM.
#4384648 - 10/12/17 11:17 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
Rangoon Offline
Rangoon  Offline

Thanks, EjectEject -

I walked through your steps and see no change in behavior. I saw several (more than a dozen light-gray HID entries and maybe 6 or 8 filters under "other") of these and clicked "uninstall".

I still have discrete physical devices shown, plus the virtual combined device (which does not function), when the script is running. I also saw no change in the reporting of the filters when running the script - I see the same text as my post above, i.e., errors on all four. When you run your script, I assume you don't see these errors?

Another thing I tried is getting rid of all USB 3.0 on my system (it's an older Z98 board). I disabled 3.0 in the bios, have everything connected to 2.0 ports and hubs. That didn't help either.

Any other ideas out there? I have contacted tech support, but no reply yet.

#4384659 - 10/13/17 12:12 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: Rangoon]  
EjectEject Offline
SBD
EjectEject  Offline
SBD

USA
Well, I'm still running on a Z-87 board. I did uninstall everything that was greyed out under both.
Did get a filter error on the first time running the script but after the reboot it corrected itself.
Also noticed that before I did the cleaning, it would take a while for the script to run. Only on the filter part, usually almost instant, but was delayed 20 or so seconds.

Here's pics of running script and no script.

Script running
[img]https://imgur.com/F5qeADN[/img]

Script:
https://imgur.com/snbBUu5

No script:
https://imgur.com/rhrzSuO

Last edited by EjectEject; 10/13/17 12:13 AM.
#4384669 - 10/13/17 12:50 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
Rangoon Offline
Rangoon  Offline

Interesting. So before script, you have the same 4 devices I have. After script, you still show the MFDs while I still show all 4 (plus virtual device).

During the script, ours are also very different:

script image

Edit: EE, did you get the filters showing back up in the "Other" category of device manager after you got everything working again?

Also, I found this thread which suggests making a registry edit should fix the filter driver errors. However, it has no effect on mine.

Edit: I seem to be having some success. For the third time (this time *after* doing the reg edits, which initially yielded nothing) I reinstalled the TARGET software. I uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted, then ran TARGET again. At first it errored out and the script actually stopped itself. The second time it seemed to work. I restarted, tried again, and this time it definitely seemed to work - no filter driver errors. However, my game controllers list is still populated with the discrete physical controllers (all 4) in addition to the virtual one. The main difference is that the virtual device actually functions. The physical ones do, too... I'm sure this isn't helpful for DCS, but it's a step in the right direction.

Edit: At last! I stopped the script and started it again (third time since reinstalling TARGET, or fourth?) - now the list populates correctly. The script ran quickly, no errors, and the physical devices are replaced (all 4) with one virtual device.

Last edited by Rangoon; 10/13/17 04:24 AM.
#4384714 - 10/13/17 11:09 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: Rangoon]  
EjectEject Offline
SBD
EjectEject  Offline
SBD

USA
Originally Posted by Rangoon
Interesting. So before script, you have the same 4 devices I have. After script, you still show the MFDs while I still show all 4 (plus virtual device).

During the script, ours are also very different:

script image

Edit: EE, did you get the filters showing back up in the "Other" category of device manager after you got everything working again?

Also, I found this thread which suggests making a registry edit should fix the filter driver errors. However, it has no effect on mine.

Edit: I seem to be having some success. For the third time (this time *after* doing the reg edits, which initially yielded nothing) I reinstalled the TARGET software. I uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted, then ran TARGET again. At first it errored out and the script actually stopped itself. The second time it seemed to work. I restarted, tried again, and this time it definitely seemed to work - no filter driver errors. However, my game controllers list is still populated with the discrete physical controllers (all 4) in addition to the virtual one. The main difference is that the virtual device actually functions. The physical ones do, too... I'm sure this isn't helpful for DCS, but it's a step in the right direction.

Edit: At last! I stopped the script and started it again (third time since reinstalling TARGET, or fourth?) - now the list populates correctly. The script ran quickly, no errors, and the physical devices are replaced (all 4) with one virtual device.

That's good to hear. Yea, the filters had the error. After the reboots and running the script again is when they cleared and the filters showed up correctly. And everything went to normal.
The scripts are different so of course look different, but managing the virtual devices should remain the same.

#4384811 - 10/13/17 05:39 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

thanks guys.

Since I don't have Windows 10 on my gaming rig, could I implore you to write up a step by step procedure for what you did? I can make this an appendix to the setup guide, and I'll give you full credit.

EDIT: feel free to PM me with your response, as well as how you would like your name listed in the guide.

Last edited by HomeFries; 10/13/17 05:40 PM.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4384854 - 10/13/17 09:49 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
Rangoon Offline
Rangoon  Offline

Well, for what it's worth, I have had to repeat this entire process several times throughout a handful of sessions (multiple uninstall/reinstall/restart/run script/fail/restart/run script/restart/etc etc cycles) but at least each time I know I will get it back working again within 5-15 minutes...

Edit: HomeFries, for some reason I didn't see your post until after I wrote this one. I can certainly do my best. The only concern I have is that each time it seems to require a slightly different method, so I'll try to account for that in what I pm you with. I'm also not 100% sure at what point whatever I was doing started actually working (like the registry edits etc., so I'll try to include those steps with an appropriate caveat).

Last edited by Rangoon; 10/13/17 11:03 PM.
#4384994 - 10/14/17 08:08 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

If you have to do different things every time and manipulate the registry, making an appendix for this may be a bad idea. When it comes to registry edits, people usually need "by the numbers" instructions or bad things tend to happen.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4389551 - 11/14/17 03:36 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

All,

Version 2.0 of this script will include both a GUI to customize your profiles and save your settings, as well as the recently added update feature, which will download the latest files from a server on demand. This release candidate is currently in internal testing (particularly the updater), so the plan is to have the 2.0 release coincide with the profile for the upcoming Harrier module.

Stay tuned!

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4392317 - 12/01/17 09:40 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

2.0 is finally here! whoohoo

Changes are abundant and really can't be summarized. Oh, and there's a Harrier profile now!
tomcat

See the original post for details.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM
Food Safety and Bad Roommates
by KRT_Bong. 04/04/24 02:16 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.