Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#3858400 - 11/04/13 10:15 PM DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs)  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

UPDATE: Version 2.00 is available. It is now released as an installer that will update you to the latest version.
Special thanks to Tercio Sampaio for developing the GUI.

Thank you everybody for funding my Warthog purchase so that I could create this profile. Since my funding goal has been achieved, please send any future donations to "https://www.fisherhouse.org/", a charity that supports disabled veterans and their families. Exception: if you want me to program for a module I don't have, or add programming for the TFRP, please PM me and we can discuss it.

DCS World TARGET Script for Thrustmaster Cougar or Warthog and MFDs is now available. Download it from:

This script for the HOTAS Cougar/Warthog and Cougar MFDs includes dedicated profiles for the A-10C Warthog, AV-8B Harrier, Ka-50 Black Shark, P-51D Mustang, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8 Hip, F-86 Sabre, Fw-190D9 Dora, Bf-109K-4 Kurfürst, MiG-21bis Fishbed, MiG-15bis, M-2000C, SA-342 Gazelle, L-39 Albatross, F-5E Tiger II, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, AJS-37 Viggen, Hawk T.1A, C-101, and Flaming Cliffs 3 profiles. The script is fully implemented with both code and custom keyboard and joystick LUA files. The included "Standard DirectX" profile can me used to create a versatile profile for anything else.

This script uses "https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/hotaswarthog-en/", so you need to install it (though Cougar users can leave Foxy where it is). I also recommend the latest "https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/mdfcougar-en/", as I have found fewer profile crashes with these enabled.

The script offers the following features:
  • New! Graphical User Interface (GUI) to save your settings and auto-generate script files.
  • Both HOTAS Cougar and Warthog Compatibility
  • All documentation (except for the Setup Guide) is in HTML with context-sensitive help in the GUI.
  • CommState routine allows for the selection of F1 through F12 keys with Hats 2-4 while the MIC switch is pressed
  • Hot-selectable “TriggerZoom” allows you to zoom into your target or HUD when depressing the first trigger stage
  • LED indications for airbrake, landing gear, TriggerZoom, CommState, and Teamspeak3 PTT
  • Compatible with TouchControl (formerly TouchIR), VAC, DCS Simpleradio Standalone, and all major Teamspeak radio solutions
  • Optimized for TrackIR, but compatible with Hat1 as POV
  • Individual HOTAS profiles are mapped as closely to their real world counterparts as practical
  • Flaming Cliffs 3 (FC3) HOTAS mappings correlate to the A-10C (attack aircraft) or F-16C (fighters) as closely as practical
  • FC3 Context Sensitive Autopilot routine that reverts to last used mode on toggle
  • A-10C Profile includes direct entry for CDU, CMSP, and UFC
  • Ka-50 Profile allows direct entry for ABRIS (RMFD) and Rubicon Datapad
  • Ability to automatically pause TrackIR while at the Door Gunner Station (UH-1)
  • Context sensitive communications menus based on crew station (framework in place for DCS implementation)
  • TARGET based Central Position Trimmer Mode that greatly improves upon the default trimmers when not using force feedback.
  • Analog and digital differential braking routines, including paddle braking and nosewheel steering.
  • Kneeboard mapping for all aircraft.
  • NVGs for all capable aircraft, including "bonus mapping for the A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, and F-86 (H/T Zaelu).
  • Simplified hot-selection of aircraft allows for potentially thousands of aircraft and variants in this script, along with audible feedback of aircraft selected.

I look forward to your feedback; any information that will help me improve this profile is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by HomeFries; 12/04/17 04:49 AM. Reason: Version 2.00 Released

-Home Fries

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
- Robert A. Heinlein

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3858997 - 11/06/13 01:24 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Version 0.36 has been uploaded. Version 0.36 fixes a bug that prevents you from hot-swapping aircraft profiles after using the SnapView function, and also allows the Cougar MFD backlighting to match your MFD settings in-game (A-10C).

-Home Fries

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
- Robert A. Heinlein

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

#3859727 - 11/07/13 10:21 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

0.37 is uploaded. Fixes a bug with the MFCD power buttons assigned to the SYM rocker switches on both Cougar MFDs.

If you already have 0.36 and you have tweaked DCS World.tmc to your own ends, then you don't need to replace DCS World.tmc with the one in 0.37. Just update the following line:
Code:
int MinorVersion=37;

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#3864344 - 11/18/13 08:48 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Bump for 0.41, which now includes the Ka-50 Black Shark.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#3864522 - 11/19/13 03:05 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

0.41a is uploaded. 0.41a fixes a bug with the MiG-29 joystick LUA profile. Just update your ingame controller profile for the MiG-29 variants with the new version.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#3881125 - 12/21/13 08:16 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

0.50 is uploaded. 0.50 adds a dedicated P-51D profile, makes the controller LUA profiles directly compatible with DCS World 1.2.6 update 4, and fixes minor bugs.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#3885087 - 12/28/13 02:35 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

0.51 is uploaded. It fixes a bug with T1 for the P-51D causing issues with other aircraft profiles.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#3887919 - 01/02/14 02:27 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
Burton Offline
Burton  Offline

Hi HomeFries, I registered just to post this so hopefully you'll see it.

Firstly, huge kudos to yourself for the work done on creating the target profile, I've had the cougar for about 4 years now, and it sat in the box due to it not "working" when I first got it.. I randomly got it out and tried it and hey, it works now...
I tried a few profiles out for Foxy but no joy, and then I found this beautiful piece of art - So thanks, you've made it possible to play DCS now, when previously I had about 10 minutes played I think I've put 20 hours in the last 3 days alone.

I do have one question, perhaps it's something I've misunderstood, perhaps it's the way it's meant to be.

Padlock views - I've set this to 0 as I use TrackIR and it doesn't interest me, you say in the PDF supplied with the profile that this will enable rudder trim on the hat without a tempo control.

I'm not sure if it's me or what, but I just cannot get my rudder trim to work. I even tried setting padlock to 1, but no joy...
Also with padlock set to 0, the hat up switch, to control nose trim doesn't work, unless shifted. I got the impression that with padlockviews set to 0, I wouldn't have to shift any trim controls apart from rudder (which doesn't work for me) and to reset the trim

Is this how it's supposed to work, or is there an(y) issue(s) here that I need to figure out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and keep up the great work, Thanks.

Last edited by Burton; 01/02/14 02:29 PM.
#3887927 - 01/02/14 02:38 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
Snakeyes Offline
XBL: sSnakeyes
Snakeyes  Offline
XBL: sSnakeyes

Arizona, USA
This looks like an awesome profile HomeFries! I just downloaded the file and I'll be loading it up later today. Thanks for making it available.

#3888219 - 01/02/14 08:35 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
specialksl Offline
specialksl  Offline

Baltimore, MD USA
These are great! Any chance on making a file that will work with my HOTAS Warthog? I love the MFD graphics.

Main PC: ASUS P8Z77 - Intel I7 3770K OC to 4.4GHZ - Thermaltake Water2.0 Pro
GeForce GTX 970
16 Gig G.Skill Ares DDR3
Samsung EVO SSD 500GB
Plenty of storage
Windows 7 64bit
ASUS PB278Q @ 2560x1440

SIMPIT: ASUS Prime Z370-A, I7 8700K, H80i-V2 watercooler
ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080
Windows 10 64bit
32GB 2400 DDR4 memory
Thrustmaster Warthog - 2-TM MFDs
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals,4 -FIPs, TPM, Radio, Multipanel, Switch Panel, Pro Flight Yoke
3 - 32" Samsung monitors-1920x1080, 22" Samsung monitor
#3888487 - 01/03/14 06:11 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

I don't have a Hog, so I have no way to test it. However, I am planning on updating some of my routines in the future so they can be easily applied to both the Cougar and the Warthog.

That said, most of the MFD functions are DirectX based, so you could easily apply one of your hog buttons as a modifier in DCS, then assign your modifier plus the MFD button to a function in DCS to double the functionality of your MFDs.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#3888505 - 01/03/14 08:32 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
NamelessPFG Offline
NamelessPFG  Offline

Originally Posted By: HomeFries
That said, most of the MFD functions are DirectX based, so you could easily apply one of your hog buttons as a modifier in DCS, then assign your modifier plus the MFD button to a function in DCS to double the functionality of your MFDs.

There's just one problem with that...assigning a button to act as a DCS modifier means you can't use it to perform standalone functions at all. Imagine your boat switch not working like it's supposed to in the A-10C...

Incidentally, this has been the main hindrance for my Lua-only DCS profiles (trying to see if I can implement all needed functionality without touching TARGET so that I don't have to worry about switching TARGET profiles between different aircraft). That context sensitivity is needed to make the TMS function like the F-16C would (different scan patterns for dogfight/WVR, target lock/unlock for BVR), but moving the mode switch should also change the master mode accordingly, which can't be done if the mode switch is used for DCS modifiers.

That said, your profile has been exceedingly helpful in figuring out what the important FC3 commands are and where I might want them, even if I haven't had my hotrodded Cougar for a long while now.

#3888730 - 01/03/14 04:57 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
Burton Offline
Burton  Offline

Any ideas HomeFries?

Original Post

#3888737 - 01/03/14 05:09 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Sorry, Burton. I missed the post during the Holidays.

In what sim are you trying to do rudder trim with padlock = 0? I know the A-10C rudder trim is not modeled (I didn't want to apply something not directly on the A-10C HOTAS). Also, try padlock = 1 and let me know if it works. If it does I'll double check my code and LUA files. I generally use padlock = 1 myself for testing, so I may have broken something in the process.

Thanks for the heads-up.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#3888742 - 01/03/14 05:15 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
Burton Offline
Burton  Offline

Ah! There lays the problem then. I wasn't aware that the A-10 didnt have a trim control available. Darn!

I'm not using pedals (yet), not until I move back to Canada anyway,

For the time being can you think of something that would enable me to use the rudders on the HOTAS whilst still using your TARGET profile? Whilst keyboard might be the easiest option, it's not very precise, kind of an all or nothing affair.

thanks for your hard work

#3888744 - 01/03/14 05:17 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: NamelessPFG]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Originally Posted By: NamelessPFG

There's just one problem with that...assigning a button to act as a DCS modifier means you can't use it to perform standalone functions at all. Imagine your boat switch not working like it's supposed to in the A-10C...

Incidentally, this has been the main hindrance for my Lua-only DCS profiles (trying to see if I can implement all needed functionality without touching TARGET so that I don't have to worry about switching TARGET profiles between different aircraft). That context sensitivity is needed to make the TMS function like the F-16C would (different scan patterns for dogfight/WVR, target lock/unlock for BVR), but moving the mode switch should also change the master mode accordingly, which can't be done if the mode switch is used for DCS modifiers.

That said, your profile has been exceedingly helpful in figuring out what the important FC3 commands are and where I might want them, even if I haven't had my hotrodded Cougar for a long while now.

Thank you for the kind words.

For starters, I would look at either S3 or S4 as your modifier. The Cougar (and the old F-16 FLCS) defaults to S3 for the modifier, though this is also NWS/Laser for the A-10C. Since S4 does not actually exist on the A-10C HOTAS this is a logical modifier, but I find it more difficult to do combinations with S4 versus S3 given that its location requires more time for your pinky to get to it.

The way I do the profile is use S3 as the modifier and use S4 for the Laser on the A-10C (it's actually a bit more complicated than that due to my wheel brake routine, but this would work for you without having to code in TARGET). I don't recommend using the boat switch or any switch with a steady (not instantaneous) on state as a DCS modifier because an active modifier will prevent you from using things like the comm menu. I did the U/M/D in the FC3 profile from within TARGET.

Last edited by HomeFries; 01/03/14 09:29 PM. Reason: clarity

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#3888757 - 01/03/14 05:31 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: Burton]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Originally Posted By: Burton
For the time being can you think of something that would enable me to use the rudders on the HOTAS whilst still using your TARGET profile? Whilst keyboard might be the easiest option, it's not very precise, kind of an all or nothing affair.

I've been toying with the idea of mapping the ANT knob to rudder and applying the differential braking routine, but only when the gear is down in order to facilitate taxiing for people without pedals. However, I have no plans to map ANT to rudder while in the air, as it is used for other functions of more immediate use. This kind of hoses people for helicopters, but I figure it's better than nothing. In the meantime, you can just map the ANT knob to the rudder in the A-10C joystick LUA file and remap FOV zoom to S3+ANT (or vice versa).

I'm hoping to put out another build in a week or so, and I'll see what I can do about putting this in.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#3901963 - 01/26/14 04:23 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
Burton Offline
Burton  Offline

Since the new patch the wheelbreak is no longer functioning for me. Is this able to be confirmed by anyone else?

I've tried re-doing the config but no joy frown

Keep up the good work HF!

#3902169 - 01/27/14 12:32 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Thanks for the heads-up, Burton. If you could tell me which profile gives you trouble, and if FC3, which aircraft in particular, then I can narrow down my search.

I was getting ready to release a new version of the script when DCS World 1.2.7 was released, so I've had to go back and tweak some things (particularly for the Huey). I hope to have 1.00 released by the end of this coming week.

EDIT: Burton, you'll be happy to know that the option to map ANT as rudder made it into the latest version!

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#3903023 - 01/28/14 11:41 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
Burton Offline
Burton  Offline

I only really fly the A-10C, so that's all I've noticed the paddle switch not working on.

Also - I knocked this up to keep on my desk (printer friendly) - Let me know if you'd like these included and I'll make the others/send you the .psd

http://i.imgur.com/Qxfbrhz.jpg

Last edited by Burton; 01/28/14 11:41 AM.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.