Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#4044007 - 12/01/14 05:42 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
Snakeyes Offline
XBL: sSnakeyes
Snakeyes  Offline
XBL: sSnakeyes

Arizona, USA
I'll try your latter suggestion for now. Is there anything that I need to know about Target or the MFD drivers? I won't install either until the MFDs are connected because I need to use the HOTAS in the meantime.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4044014 - 12/01/14 05:54 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

You can install TARGET independently of Foxy, and you can still use Foxy if TARGET is installed because they interface differently with the Cougar. Just make sure you have the stick set properly in CCP and your Foxy profile disabled before loading your TARGET profile. You can load the MFD drivers once the MFDs arrive and it won't hurt anything. I recommend the latest MFD drivers linked in the OP; I've had fewer profile crashes with those.

-Home Fries

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
- Robert A. Heinlein

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

#4061474 - 01/09/15 05:20 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

1.31 is released. Fixes include an init bug in FC3 and fixing the searchlight X axis in the Mi-8. Additionally, enhancements have been made to the Mi-8 profile (autopilot in particular).

Also added are the Bf-109K-4 and a very basic Hawk T.1A profile.

-Home Fries

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
- Robert A. Heinlein

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

#4061732 - 01/09/15 07:35 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

1.31a is uploaded; fixes some minor issues with LUA files.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4065816 - 01/19/15 12:29 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

There's an updated diff.lua file for the Mi-8 joystick configuration. It fixes an issue with being able to toggle the radio/ICS switch with S3+LOSB11.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4088847 - 03/07/15 03:26 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Version 1.33 is released. 1.33 fixes a few bugs, enhances the MiG-21 and F-86, and adds the option for analog braking using the cougar stick.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4095900 - 03/24/15 03:16 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

1.33a is uploaded. 1.33a is a hotfix that reintroduces Kneeboard controls to the LMFD Gain rocker and OSB20 for the Bf-109 and FC3 aircraft (including the Su-25T). Somehow these mappings were deleted with the 1.2.16 patch and I didn't catch it at the time of release.

You can either download 1.33a as a whole, or you can download the hotfix (linked at the top of the original post) and then install the updated diff.lua files.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4107540 - 04/17/15 02:11 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

1.34 is uploaded. 1.34 adds the MiG-15, and enhances the Standard DX profile for the Hawk and C-101 (including trim!).

Due to Real Life(TM), I have only been able to perform cursory internal testing on this build. Please report any bugs or recommended changes (especially for the Hawk/C-101) so that I can improve the next version.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4131678 - 06/10/15 04:23 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Version 1.35 is released.

Change Log:
  • FC3: Fixed issue with DirectX PTT with CommState and Aries Radio disabled
  • F-86: Added default Brake Out indication if GearState Down (for cold start)
  • Added Left/Right axis only combined braking algorithm to DiffBraking() for Bf-109
  • Ka-50: Added numeric keypad direct entry for PVI-800. Updated Rotor Brake macro for 1.2.14+.
  • Ka-50: Added ability to reset trim forward of default (i.e. Hover Trim)
  • A-10C: Added direct entry for UFC without S3 (including numeric keypad). Updated A-10C CDU Direct Entry mode to deconflict with TS3_DX PTT.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4133590 - 06/13/15 05:33 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
kadiir Offline
kadiir  Offline

How close are you to your Warthog funding goal?

#4133668 - 06/13/15 10:19 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: kadiir]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Originally Posted By: kadiir
How close are you to your Warthog funding goal?

12%. If I get to 75% I'll probably suck up the rest, though.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4142037 - 07/02/15 08:31 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

The 1.35a hotfix is released. This fixes bugs with the FC3/Su-25T Kneeboard mapping.

EDIT: if you downloaded the file named "TARGET F-15C v135a.7z", please redownload the hotfix. It should read "TARGET FC3 v135a.7z".

Last edited by HomeFries; 07/02/15 02:27 PM. Reason: updated hotfix

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4142041 - 07/02/15 09:13 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
Alicatt Offline
Hotshot
Alicatt  Offline
Hotshot

Ice Cold in Alex or Eating in ...
A little something sent your way as I have been enjoying the use of your Cougar/MFD profiles.

had to go buy some MFDs to go with it too smile

Chlanna nan con thigibh a so's gheibh sibh feoil
Sons of the hound come here and get flesh
Clan Cameron
#4142153 - 07/02/15 02:31 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Thanks, Alicatt. cheers

BTW, please be sure to re-download the hotfix if you're one of the two who downloaded it previously. I was really tired when I made the fix, and I didn't even think to check to see if the other aircraft were affected (spoiler: they were duh ).

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4172863 - 09/24/15 03:10 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Development update:

As some of you may know, over the last couple of months I have had very limited free time. During this time, I have put a new version of this profile into limited beta testing, and also having achieved my 60% funding goal I purchased a Warthog on credit.

Now that my free time has increased, I intend to debug version 1.36 for short term release, then get to work on 1.40, which will be the first version of the profile to be Warthog compatible. Since I purchased the Warthog on credit, I'm hoping that a Warthog compatible profile will help achieve my crowdfunding target (at which point I will remove the donation link and request that all donations go to the Wounded Warrior Project).

Note that with exception of Rudder Pedals attached to the Cougar, 1.40 will not be a combined Cougar/Warthog profile. This means that you will set whether you have a Cougar or Warthog in the DCS World.tmc, and the script will assign buttons and axes based on those entries. I hope to have a combined profile (i.e. using both Cougar and Warthog throttles simultaneously for those so equipped) for 2.0, with the example concept of using the Cougar TQS for the MiG-21 throttle while using the switches on the Warthog throttle for things like nav mode, air start, etc.

Things are looking up!

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4175223 - 09/30/15 03:17 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

1.36 is released. This will be the last major release exclusively for the Cougar. All follow-on releases will include Warthog functionality as well.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4254315 - 04/29/16 06:51 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

1.50 is Released!

This is a major update that adds Thrustmaster Warthog compatibility to the profile, and also adds the Mirage 2000C.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4260785 - 05/16/16 05:28 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
specialksl Offline
specialksl  Offline

Baltimore, MD USA
I click on the download button and nothing happens. How do I download the files? Do I have to setup an account?

Main PC: ASUS P8Z77 - Intel I7 3770K OC to 4.4GHZ - Thermaltake Water2.0 Pro
GeForce GTX 970
16 Gig G.Skill Ares DDR3
Samsung EVO SSD 500GB
Plenty of storage
Windows 7 64bit
ASUS PB278Q @ 2560x1440

SIMPIT: ASUS Prime Z370-A, I7 8700K, H80i-V2 watercooler
ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080
Windows 10 64bit
32GB 2400 DDR4 memory
Thrustmaster Warthog - 2-TM MFDs
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals,4 -FIPs, TPM, Radio, Multipanel, Switch Panel, Pro Flight Yoke
3 - 32" Samsung monitors-1920x1080, 22" Samsung monitor
#4260959 - 05/17/16 03:28 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Sorry, specialksl. Some people have trouble with Box.com links for some reason. There is another mirror available in the first post (just above the pictures).

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4261059 - 05/17/16 01:22 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
specialksl Offline
specialksl  Offline

Baltimore, MD USA
Originally Posted By: HomeFries
Sorry, specialksl. Some people have trouble with Box.com links for some reason. There is another mirror available in the first post (just above the pictures).

Thanks. I got it.

Main PC: ASUS P8Z77 - Intel I7 3770K OC to 4.4GHZ - Thermaltake Water2.0 Pro
GeForce GTX 970
16 Gig G.Skill Ares DDR3
Samsung EVO SSD 500GB
Plenty of storage
Windows 7 64bit
ASUS PB278Q @ 2560x1440

SIMPIT: ASUS Prime Z370-A, I7 8700K, H80i-V2 watercooler
ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080
Windows 10 64bit
32GB 2400 DDR4 memory
Thrustmaster Warthog - 2-TM MFDs
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals,4 -FIPs, TPM, Radio, Multipanel, Switch Panel, Pro Flight Yoke
3 - 32" Samsung monitors-1920x1080, 22" Samsung monitor
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.