Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#3856869 - 11/01/13 03:42 AM SimHQ & DCS World Fly-In, November 15, 2013  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
Happy to announce the next SimHQ and DCS Fly-In that starts Friday, November 15, 2013.

NOTE: The SimHQ Teamspeak server will be off-line on Saturday and Sunday, November 16 & 17. The replacement TS server connection information will be posted here once we get it confirmed.

We plan to use the SimHQ Teamspeak server for tonight, Friday. Another TS server will be available for the rest of the Fly-In. The connection details will be posted here.

Alternate Teamspeak server:
IP/URL: tiburtius.dyndns.org
Password: Warthog

Please note the Rule Addition below -- Client customized loadouts are not allowed.

-- WC

This event will go into Sunday, with folks from all over the world, participating at different times throughout the weekend. Two servers will be available, Eno's Firehouse and Hollo Pointe.

Quote:
SimHQ.com is providing the Teamspeak channels; there are separate channels for both servers with Blue and Red sub-channels. To use the SimHQ Teamspeak you must be a registered member -- registration is free and easy. Join us in DCS World discussions at SimHQ.com.

SimHQ TS will be off-line -- watch here for the TS connection information.

The office -

Driving to work -

Fishing expedition -

Time to pit -

Eno's Firehouse Server
The Firehouse will host COOP missions for the A-10C, F-15C, Su-25T, UH-1H, Ka-50 and Mi-8T. Some missions feature opposing Combined Arms players in Ground Commander and JTAC roles. A few titles to look forward to -- Eastbound & Down, Killbox, Donkey Kong and Welcome To The Suk. Eno may debut his campaign, Georgia Peach Pit.

General Vaz -

Thirsty bird -

That didn't hurt -

There's a pair -

Bad Baby Blue -

The Ring -

Convoy -

Oh, boy -

Night ops -

Hollo Pointe Server
The Hollo Pointe server will host five Head-To-Head "S'paign Campaign" missions, starting Friday @ 1600 MST (UTC-7 Mountain Time US & Canada). This campaign pits Blue vs Red between Blue Kobuleti Airbase on the coast and Red Tbilisi City in the east. Combined Arms has a big role in this Head-To-Head campaign. For this campaign, everyone should choose a side and stick with that. Red is Red, Blue is dead, oops I mean Blue is Blue. Decide if you want to fly Blue in an A-10A, F-15 or a UH-1H against the Dark Side Red Mig-29S, Su-25T and Ka-50 threats. Both coalitions get A-10Cs, Ground Commander and JTAC slots. Choose a coalition for the duration -- help your team all the way through to victory! Join when you can -- this campaign should run a couple of days, at least.

Bomb away!

Cover me -

---

Rules:
In order to ensure fun play for everyone, there are some ground rules and/or guidelines listed below. In general, if a player is disrupting everyone else's good time, they will be kicked and/or banned.

Shoot to Kill, Play to Have Fun. It's not just a motto, it's...ok, well, actually it is just a motto, but it's a pretty good one. Play nice.

No team-killing, consensual or otherwise. People may be banned for offenses.

Rule addition: No custom loadouts. You must use the mission available weapon loadouts. Do not use LOPE or any other external tool to change the ordnance on your aircraft. If you do then you will be asked to jettison the load or exit the a/c, or you will be Kicked from the mission.

No obscene language, VOIP or text. Not all folks enjoy obscene language, even if meant in good humor. Other folks may have friends/family reading the chat messages over their shoulder or listening in on external speakers and may hear what you intended as a closed room comment.
Use push-to-talk on your VOIP program.

Read the chat bar and send text messages for important comms in addition to broadcasting over VOIP (not everyone may using the same VOIP program). Be sure to program your chat key for the DCS modules.

Know how to start your a/c and use the active runway.

There is an active runway at each airbase that includes a preferred direction for takeoff/landing. Ask if you’re not sure; the Tower should direct you to it with the heading. Do not go against the flow, even if it means a longer flight or taxi. Declare an emergency in chat within ten miles of the airbase if you must go against the active runway heading and call for a clear runway and state how far out you are in miles and minutes.
Stop and announce intentions before rolling onto a runway, even if just taxiing “quickly” across. Tip: Check the surrounding area for other players using the F10 map view. Don't back taxi down a runway unless there's no other way to go. Even then, announce it to the group.
The priority order when there’s a conflict for runway or taxiway access is as follows:
1) Emergency (damage or low fuel)
2) Landing
3) Taking off
4) Taxiing to runway
5) Taxiing from runway
In the event of a priority tie “Got There First” and “Right of Way” (i.e., if the other vehicle is to your right, you let them go ahead of you) are the tie breakers.
Clear the runway as fast as possible after landing and then announce it: "Skippy5 is clear of the active runway!"

Remember, we're all here to have fun. If you find yourself not having fun, angry or upset, step away from the Warthog HOTAS for a few minutes, cool down, and then rejoin. And, of course, please let us know in the SimHQ DCS World forum or via Private Message what we can do better next time.

---

Eject! Eject!

Evasive maneuver -

Armor patrol -

JTAC -

Air threat -

Red SEAD -

A big thanks as always to SimHQ for the post of this announcement and to use the SimHQ TS3 server.

Eno
Wrecking Crew

---

The Firehouse and Hollo Pointe server admins are:
Eno
EinsteinEP
blindone
Molasses
tomcat
Wheel
XRay_Specs
Wrecking Crew
raven
Sweetest
Wesley

---

Here I come -

Shenanigans -

Huey Heaven -

Waiting for A-Bomb -

Hitting the silk for the night -

Last edited by Wrecking Crew; 11/15/13 11:26 PM. Reason: TS Server
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3856937 - 11/01/13 11:11 AM Re: SimHQ & DCS World Fly-In, November 15, 2013 [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
Fudge93 Offline
Fudge93  Offline

England
I'll try to be there this time, as long as I can sort out my warping issue from last night.

combtpilot.co.uk
#3856958 - 11/01/13 12:54 PM Re: SimHQ & DCS World Fly-In, November 15, 2013 [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
Weav Offline
Weav  Offline

Pennsylvania
Best news so far today. Got FC3 in the last sale so really looking forward to trying out some fast-mover missions in your server.

Screenshots are great, especially liked "Shenanigans".

#3857011 - 11/01/13 02:50 PM Re: SimHQ & DCS World Fly-In, November 15, 2013 [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
blindone Offline
Master of None
blindone  Offline
Master of None

Denver, Colorado
These have always been a ton of fun.

#3857023 - 11/01/13 03:14 PM Re: SimHQ & DCS World Fly-In, November 15, 2013 [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
pyro1975 Offline
pyro1975  Offline

UK
Sign me up. I missed the last fly-in as I believe I'd just bought FC3 that very weekend, and I didn't want to tool around while everyone else was getting on with it. Looking forward to it.

#3857113 - 11/01/13 06:18 PM Re: SimHQ & DCS World Fly-In, November 15, 2013 [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
near_blind Offline
near_blind  Offline

Sweet! I should be around for this one.

Off to greener pastures
#3857166 - 11/01/13 08:03 PM Re: SimHQ & DCS World Fly-In, November 15, 2013 [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

Trimming down the missions a tad to accommodate the issues we've learned about in the past month or so. Should be stable and smooth for everyone!

Looking forward to it! Tell your friends!

#3857377 - 11/02/13 09:13 AM Re: SimHQ & DCS World Fly-In, November 15, 2013 [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
T}{OR Offline
[DBS]
T}{OR  Offline
[DBS]

Croatia, Zagreb
Excellent! Will do my best to join in.

#3857571 - 11/02/13 09:15 PM Re: SimHQ & DCS World Fly-In, November 15, 2013 [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
FlukyStrike Offline
FlukyStrike  Offline

UK
Now that I have Combined Arms, I'm hoping to try my hand at FAC as best I can - I agree with Wesley's comments on the Firehouse/Hollo Pointe Lounge thread:
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3720036/291

I wonder if Eno and Wrecking Crew will make the JTACs invincible - it will be doubly hard trying to keep out of trouble as well as attempting FAC duties!

Hope to speak with some of you on the airwaves at the fly in.

Fluky

ps. Hi to everyone on the forum, this is my first post on SimHQ.

#3857684 - 11/03/13 03:20 AM Re: SimHQ & DCS World Fly-In, November 15, 2013 [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
Hi FluckyStrike -

Welcome to SimHQ!

There are JTAC slots in many missions on Hollo Pointe, but a Combined Arms slot itself can't be made invincible. With the GC or JTAC roles you can get into almost any vehicle, but none of the vehicles in my missions are invincible.

This is helpful -- a Combined Arms KB Map -
http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=112134

I was in a Stryker MGS tonight and found an overlook that was far enough away from the AI and an opposing GC. I used F10 View to get into position. From there I directed artillery and other ground forces to the enemy. If A-10s had been in the mission at the time I could have used my IR Pointer to spot targets and my laser to guide their Mavs and GBUs.

Hope to see you during the Fly-In and before!

WC

#3857692 - 11/03/13 03:35 AM Re: SimHQ & DCS World Fly-In, November 15, 2013 [Re: eno75]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
Originally Posted By: eno75
Trimming down the missions a tad to accommodate the issues we've learned about in the past month or so. Should be stable and smooth for everyone!

Looking forward to it! Tell your friends!

Which means a patch released on the 14th to add new ones! Or fix old one...and make new ones! which ever is 1st. Will attempt to be there or be square.

#3857695 - 11/03/13 03:42 AM Re: SimHQ & DCS World Fly-In, November 15, 2013 [Re: FlashBurn]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
Originally Posted By: FlashBurn
Which means a patch released on the 14th

OH STOP THAT! biggrin

#3857708 - 11/03/13 04:37 AM Re: SimHQ & DCS World Fly-In, November 15, 2013 [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
What mission or whatever will be getting played anyways?

#3857768 - 11/03/13 09:47 AM Re: SimHQ & DCS World Fly-In, November 15, 2013 [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
FlukyStrike Offline
FlukyStrike  Offline

UK
Hi WC,

Thanks for the link to the KB layout, I'll be using this for sure.

I'll keep your strategy in mind for the fly in now I know about the CA slots being mortal!

Will the F10 map view only be showing opposing forces that are within line of sight of team mates? Or is it based on range?

FlukyStrike

#3857876 - 11/03/13 04:23 PM Re: SimHQ & DCS World Fly-In, November 15, 2013 [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
Below are the five mission briefings for the Hollo Point campaign. We start in the middle with #3 -- Zesti Highway. If Red wins then we go to #2 then #1 and then a campaign victory for Red. If Blue wins missions then we go from #3 to #4 then to #5 and finally to a Blue victory. On any mission, either Red or Blue can take the victory and the next mission will load. Blue could get all the way to #5, lose that and then get defeated in the campaign at #1.

The S'paign campaign uses F10 Fog Of War. You won't see opponent forces until some of your forces get close to them.

---

S'pain Campaign Missions - these missions begin with #3, and go forward or backward depending upon a Blue win or a Red win, respectively.

S'paign Campaign: #1 - Kobuleti Maru
Sequence: Kobuleti Maru-2-3-4-5
Clients: A-10A/C, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mig-29S, Su-25T, CA GC & JTAC
Settings: June 25, full moon, 0500, F10 FOW, H2H, SimHQ Teamspeak

---
Summary
Blue is against the wall on the coast and mounting final defenses. Blue naval forces are on route.

Red forces have blood in their noses and want to push Blue off the land. Red will advance air defenses and artillery from Kutaisi to capture Kobuleti Airbase.

The mission objectives are simple -
Blue must clear Kutaisi Airbase of Red RDR units.
Red must clear Kobuleti Airbase of Blue BLF units.

The Bullseyes are on the main targets.

###

S'paign Campaign: #2 - Streets Of Kutaisi
Sequence: 1-Streets-3-4-5
Clients: A-10A/C, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mig-29S, Su-25T, CA GC & JTAC
Settings: August 5, 0900, F10 FOW, H2H, SimHQ Teamspeak

---
Summary
Blue is getting pushed to the west towards the coast.

Blue must destroy the Red convoys that are advancing on Kutaisi City.

Red will attempt to take Kutaisi City and use artillery from within the city to attack Kutaisi Airbase. Red aircraft must clear Kutaisi Airbase.

###

S'paign Campaign: #3 - Zesti Highway
Sequence: 1-2-Zesti-4-5
Clients: A-10A/C, Su-25T, Ka-50, UH-1H, Ground Commander, JTAC
Settings: Oct 17th, Full Moon, Clear, 0700, F10 FOW, H2H, SimHQ Teamspeak

---
Summary
All mission targets are in a circular zone between Khashuri on the east and Zestafoni on the west.

Use Combined Arms to advance armor units and aircraft available for tasking. Both sides have built up armor. JTAC units are on the map waiting for direction.

###

S'paign Campaign: #4 - Gori Gap
Sequence 1-2-3-Gori Gap-5
Clients: A-10A/C, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mig-29A, Su-25T, CA GC & JTAC
Settings: January 21, F10 FOW, H2H, SimHQ Teamspeak, No Moon, Noon

--- Summary
Blue was victorious in the Zesti Highway mission! The focus shifts right to Agara and west to Kareli, Gori and Khashuri. The terrain offers a gap for armor at Gori, between Kareli and Kaspi that can be exploited by either coalition.

Blue must push east to Kaspi and destroy the Red RDR headquarters facilities that are located east of the city. Blue has to wipe out the Red threat in this mission - and corner the RDR at Tbilisi next spring.

Red only has to infliltrate the area beyond Kareli on the western side of the Gori Gap battlefield to win this mission. If Red can get that far west then Blue will surely lose this zone over time; and a Blue extended fight would be pointless.

###

S'paign Campaign: #5 - Tbilisi Thunder
Sequence 1-2-3-4-Tbilisi Thunder
Clients: A-10A/C, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mig-29A, Su-25T, CA GC & JTAC
Settings: April 22, F10 FOW, H2H, SimHQ Teamspeak, Spring Rains, Sunrise in a few minutes -- grab a cup of coffee

--- Summary
Blue is pushing Red eastward. The hard road through Gori Gap was tough on the forces, but that Blue victory is providing strength to see the final battle won at Tbilisi! Clear Tbilisi Airbase to win the campaign!

Red forces have pulled back to the Tri-State Airports at Tbilisi. Red has a lot of tactical aircraft but is low on armor, and has no artillery left for this battle.

Red must hold off the Blue forces from capturing the airbase. Protect the SA-10 site! Heavy Blue SEAD and high-level bombers are expected.

crew

#3858427 - 11/04/13 11:17 PM Re: SimHQ & DCS World Fly-In, November 15, 2013 [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
NOTE: There will be a change to the Teamspeak server. The SimHQ TS server will be off-line Saturday and Sunday, November 16 & 17.

The first post in this thread will show the TS connection info when we have it all sorted out.

WC

#3858529 - 11/05/13 04:45 AM Re: SimHQ & DCS World Fly-In, November 15, 2013 [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

Firehouse JTACs are generally invisible- however obviously a human controlled vehicle will be able to see it so guys are still advised to be sneaky.

#3858548 - 11/05/13 06:26 AM Re: SimHQ & DCS World Fly-In, November 15, 2013 [Re: FlukyStrike]  
Wesley Offline
Wesley  Offline

I'll be doing my best to be there, even if I have to book the weekend off! I have all modules excluding Mi-8, Su25, A-10A and FC3 (not on steam). However, I have only flown A-10C and jump in CA from time to time. If I have an experienced CA player like Crew around to teach me some tips & tricks and coordinate with then I'll jump into CA to benefit the mission. My other main goal will be flying the A-10C mostly as an airborne FAC.(see below)

Originally Posted By: FlukyStrike
Hi to everyone on the forum, this is my first post on SimHQ.

Hello & Welcome to you too! I've only been here a couple months but this the best group I've worked with in a simulator, and I think you'll find the same if you stick around!

Originally Posted By: FlukyStrike
Now that I have Combined Arms, I'm hoping to try my hand at FAC as best I can - I agree with Wesley's comments on the Firehouse/Hollo Pointe Lounge thread:
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3720036/291

I have since confirmed that the message and tasking system in the A-10C do work in multiplayer, and it's quite useful too - you can send coordinates to A-10s waiting to takeoff or finishing startup on the ramp so they can immediately fly to a target. If you are working as a FAC, I'll gladly relay anything through the SADL to other A-10s for you. I'm also considering working as a FAC in the A-10C myself - just help everyone else get to target and keep the missions moving forward.

IN REGARDS TO TEAMSPEAK:
I'm not sure if/what you guys have in mind, but setting up a TS3 server isn't very difficult - I do have my own but my connection speed on the upload end is limited (35-75Mbps DOWN & 1.5-3.0Mbps UP).

Question to those planning to show:
I've been able to set up my PC to be able to stream, record and play DCSW all at the same time in 1080p, so if stability is all in order I can do that. If anyone is interested I'll consider live-streaming parts of the fly in and trying to take some highlight videos for anyone that misses the action! The questions are - would anyone be opposed to it? (Capture would include TS3 comms) and is anyone interested?

#3858560 - 11/05/13 07:18 AM Re: SimHQ & DCS World Fly-In, November 15, 2013 [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

The teamspeak server thing isn't difficult... it's just that we don't want to bog down our server comps with it. I think we have that angle figured out as Bliss has offered their TS3 server for the event- well, Sat and Sunday anyway.

AS for the streaming... I think that would be great but I think folks are going to need to continue to be mindful of the language. I have to be honest, I know EVERYONE on Hollo Pointe and the Firehouse (especially on TS3) work really hard to keep the foul stuff to a minimum and I think we are ahead of the curve in that regard.

I too am much happier sitting up at 25k spotting targets for the strikers- I can do that all day long. Give me a few smoke rockets, 2 mavs and 4 38s and I'm happy as a clam for hours.

And in acknowledging the simplicity required in this latest run of 1.2.6, I am revamping the missions to be interesting, insightful and POSSIBLE. Make them intense, short(er) and though maybe lacking in all the sound wizardry etc... should encourage broadband teamwork on a scale that will make the experience enjoyable for everyone.

#3858661 - 11/05/13 03:13 PM Re: SimHQ & DCS World Fly-In, November 15, 2013 [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
NamelessPFG Offline
NamelessPFG  Offline

I want to join in, hopefully putting my new PC to the test while I'm at it...

...except my GTX 480 that I was using as a holdover graphics card died on me, which leaves the new PC with nothing more than an 8800 GT. Not exactly the best way to enjoy DCS there.

I don't want to buy a new graphics card before Maxwell/GTX 800 hits the market, either. Guess I'll just have to run this fly-in on low settings across the board.

Meanwhile, this would be a great time to learn what bindings people find important in all the FC3 aircraft and how to arrange them for the Warthog Lua profiles I'm working on...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.