Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 142 of 240 1 2 140 141 142 143 144 239 240
#3853846 - 10/24/13 06:04 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge *** [Re: eno75]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

I'll have to look and see if I have it set to invincible- I don't think so... it was supposed to be a "looming" threat on the horizon to prevent people from heading out to sea too far... clearly whatever I've done has not made it quite "looming" enough!

I think that's a mission I might be able to tighten up for timings a bit... stagger the landings a bit more so that there isn't so much time to roam around sinking ships. That will help the land battle get started... as people start focusing on that, then the various landings can occur and the pace can accelerate.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3853867 - 10/24/13 06:53 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
blindone Offline
Master of None
blindone  Offline
Master of None

Denver, Colorado
yeah i've shot around 20 mavs at the carrier.. its pretty impossible to kill

its a fun mission in the A10...

#3853870 - 10/24/13 07:04 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: blindone]  
mrskortch Offline
mrskortch  Offline

Originally Posted By: blindone
yeah i've shot around 20 mavs at the carrier.. its pretty impossible to kill

Use AGM-65K or AGM-65G whenever you want to destroy a ship. The AGM-65H and AGM-65Ds have way less explosive damage in comparison to the two heavier missiles.

Last edited by mrskortch; 10/24/13 07:05 PM.
#3853890 - 10/24/13 07:43 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
Originally Posted By: eno75
Well you should be able to now- that's the thing. Wish you'd used nothing BUT anti radiation missiles wink

How was the mission last night anyway?

Was my 1st MP DCS stuff in a LONG time. Until the server went kaput!, was having a decent enough time in the BS.

The mission ran wonderful in terms of performance IMO. Only little lag spikes when things spawned in. I like the fact that things where spawning in. Not 101321027412074 units at start.

I personally would prefer more legit war fighter experience. Not just cargo ships popping in 1 by 1. But a bloody battle group pop up and give those a10 and su25 a WORK OUT. LOL. And IF there was a way to assign limited weapons stock pile per air frame and pilot. IE... so peeps do not drop a 100000 dollar bomb on 1 infantry guy.

When unit come ashore....... if maybe they have an objective other than stand there?

But I like the concept... Just HIGHER tempo and maybe unit numbers in line with number of pilots?

I was sort of confused why one mi 8 would pop up by itself waiting to get shot down with no top cover? Would it be better perhaps more like a legit flight to insert guys on an objective? Maybe a flight of 4 with 2 gunships and a couple fighters over their heads? Better if by script such things where adjusted by human pilot type?

Actually readjusting to BLUE ai force amphib assault the coast would be a blast! I know not the focus of the mission. biggrin

Ill probably become a fixture on your server LOL!

#3853907 - 10/24/13 08:40 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

Eh Flash- saw you over in ED as you know and spoke a little bit about it there but I'll address some of the specifics here.

The cargo ships are staggered somewhat. As I run the mission I'm learning that people are REALLY flying out to sea a long way which wasn't supposed to happen. I then put the Kuz battle group out there to try and keep people from heading out there too far. This didn't quite work as I see Mol was plugging it full of missiles and then tried to land on it.

Not really the desired affect. Once aircraft pass a certain line the Kuz group are supposed to light them up and then if they pass another line the Kuz group is supposed to knock the offender out and then go back to being relatively silent. There are a variety of flags to help accomplish this- none of which apparently worked. Hence some of my issues explained over at ED regarding the dependence on the AI.

Your feedback about making it a little more intense is valid and I'd already started contemplating moving everyone close enough to shore that there simply isn't time to thwart them all. Too close and the whole "invasion" concept is lost. Too far and the "intensity" is lost. I'm trying to find a balance and in fairness the mission hasn't run as much as some of the other more popular missions like Killbox and Wartweasle. As I get more feedback (like yours), I can make adjustments and trim it to suit the tragedies of perfection.

As for why they all sit pat- basically they do their landing and hold their positions at various areas along the coastline until all 3 segments of the assault force have landed. Once the three tiers have landed, they'll move off towards an airbase.

The attack chopper suggestion isn't bad... but again we just don't QUITE have the numbers to mass a coordinated effort. I'd like to do a stepped mission where if certain numbers of players are available, then the level of difficulty increases... but I'm having enough of a hard time establishing a stable platform with my single step mission.

I am going to look into making things a BIT more intense- but bear in mind I'm spinning a lot of plates with the variety of skill levels in the server as well as the platforms I involve to try and keep everyone relatively happy and engaged.

#3853911 - 10/24/13 08:49 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
tomcat Offline
tomcat  Offline

Halifax, NS, Canada
..This didn't quite work as I see Mol was plugging it full of missiles and then tried to land on it...

That made me lol!! Hahaha awesome.

#3853930 - 10/24/13 09:42 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: tomcat]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
Originally Posted By: tomcat
..This didn't quite work as I see Mol was plugging it full of missiles and then tried to land on it...

That made me lol!! Hahaha awesome.

Was that the a10 CRASH message a bit before Kaput?

SO that's what was going on OUT there. I was TEMPTED to load up a couple kh25's on the shark and head out to sea but seemed a REAL bad idea....

Juggling the skill levels is Totally legit issue. I did not even know there was a battle group out there... Alas we did not get far enough to see much forces landed. Just infantry and some mtlb's. Oh and a couple zu23-2 from what I could see.

#3853938 - 10/24/13 09:59 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
Eh Flash- saw you over in ED as you know and spoke a little bit about it there but I'll address some of the specifics here.

The cargo ships are staggered somewhat. As I run the mission I'm learning that people are REALLY flying out to sea a long way which wasn't supposed to happen. I then put the Kuz battle group out there to try and keep people from heading out there too far. This didn't quite work as I see Mol was plugging it full of missiles and then tried to land on it.

Not really the desired affect. Once aircraft pass a certain line the Kuz group are supposed to light them up and then if they pass another line the Kuz group is supposed to knock the offender out and then go back to being relatively silent. There are a variety of flags to help accomplish this- none of which apparently worked. Hence some of my issues explained over at ED regarding the dependence on the AI.

Your feedback about making it a little more intense is valid and I'd already started contemplating moving everyone close enough to shore that there simply isn't time to thwart them all. Too close and the whole "invasion" concept is lost. Too far and the "intensity" is lost. I'm trying to find a balance and in fairness the mission hasn't run as much as some of the other more popular missions like Killbox and Wartweasle. As I get more feedback (like yours), I can make adjustments and trim it to suit the tragedies of perfection.

As for why they all sit pat- basically they do their landing and hold their positions at various areas along the coastline until all 3 segments of the assault force have landed. Once the three tiers have landed, they'll move off towards an airbase.

The attack chopper suggestion isn't bad... but again we just don't QUITE have the numbers to mass a coordinated effort. I'd like to do a stepped mission where if certain numbers of players are available, then the level of difficulty increases... but I'm having enough of a hard time establishing a stable platform with my single step mission.

I am going to look into making things a BIT more intense- but bear in mind I'm spinning a lot of plates with the variety of skill levels in the server as well as the platforms I involve to try and keep everyone relatively happy and engaged.

You know what... DOes DCS world model the curve of the earth? I never looked? I know edge stuff is suppose to. IF it does...which I do not think so. 28 miles out from where the action is. If a plane flys to high would get engaged by the navy ships.

#3853940 - 10/24/13 10:01 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

Yes, those are the "advance landing parties" that give folks a bit of a heads up that site is a potential landing zone.

Now that I've learned a thing or two about randomizing... I can make it so that only a few of those zones get landed on... so it's not as easy as just finding the sites, hanging a 90 degree turn, flying in a straight line and hitting a ship.

There is a lot of info in the briefings- they can seem long but the "situation" really covers a lot of ground while the individual aircraft briefings are separated into their own little task section. You can skim through the ones you don't want to read... and touch on them later if you're curious about what others are up to. Of course, it's easier to just ask over TS3- assuming you have it.

#3853963 - 10/24/13 11:11 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
FYI - my post re Win8.1 update on my 'spare' DCS computer --
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3853962#Post3853962

WC

#3853992 - 10/25/13 01:25 AM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
Yes, those are the "advance landing parties" that give folks a bit of a heads up that site is a potential landing zone.

Now that I've learned a thing or two about randomizing... I can make it so that only a few of those zones get landed on... so it's not as easy as just finding the sites, hanging a 90 degree turn, flying in a straight line and hitting a ship.

There is a lot of info in the briefings- they can seem long but the "situation" really covers a lot of ground while the individual aircraft briefings are separated into their own little task section. You can skim through the ones you don't want to read... and touch on them later if you're curious about what others are up to. Of course, it's easier to just ask over TS3- assuming you have it.

I just read the brief for my part of the pie. biggrin

#3854282 - 10/25/13 11:38 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
Mission requests for Hollo Pointe?

It is the weekend!

WC

#3854326 - 10/26/13 03:34 AM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
Have been in The Highway for the past four hours.

TS just lagged out on my end, DCW was pretty bad just now, too. Looking at the server all is OK there.

Friday night blues.

WC

#3854385 - 10/26/13 11:00 AM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Molasses Offline
Molasses  Offline

Missouri
Had fun on the highway last night.

However I was frustrated by the SU-25t weapons. First the ability for a Tor or Tung to shoot down a kh-58 or MLU is pretty far fetched in my opinion. They stopped them from shooting down mavericks but not the much faster missles designed to kill them. So if you manage to shoot a missle that doesn't take down the server. Then you have to hope the missile makes to past the front of your plane without premature detonation. If all goes well from there and the missle manages to dodge the volley fire from the tors and tungs then you may get a sead kill.

In spite of this and my computer problems I did have fun. Thanks for the mission Crew. That was the first mission I ever flew at the firehouse and it's just as fun now.

Last edited by Molasses; 10/26/13 11:02 AM.
#3854441 - 10/26/13 05:01 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

The missile taking down the server issue has been resolved (I think) so that shouldn't be as much of an issue anymore. I've re-enabled the MPU in EB+D now as well.

I've got Georgia Peach up now for a light run in- to see how it responds during various periods during the mission. It is very heavy on script compared to previous works. I invite anyone with some spare moments to head over there and give it a shake. I suspect that will be my contribution to an upcoming event that hasn't yet been announced but will be upon us soon!

I have a 3 mission campaign so far, the first two are pretty big and more involved while the subsequent missions are lighter, less involved. Part of this is the grim realisation that the netcode simply can not sustain the AI action that it used to be able to. No idea how that works, since the rest of the sim has expanded its capabilities while transmission of data from AI maneuvering and doing battle has collapsed.

Anyway- I'm trying to keep the mission content somewhat dynamic and interesting while not always trending towards "fly here, blow this up, fly home." The problem is that if I move too far away from that concept people who don't read the briefing get bored, think the mission is broken and leave.

Sigh.

Anyway, go give GP a whirl and let me know if you see anything that needs adjustment.

#3854442 - 10/26/13 05:13 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
I got a call last night right as I was ready to leave Gelen. A friend who loves to yak... Two hours later and I was still sitting on the runway -- sorry guys, I shoulda taxied back to the parking area.

---

rant-on-off
I started ripping out all of the uncontrolled a/c from the S'paign Campaign, but did not like the results so I'm starting the modification over. What a PITA to have to do this -- because the stenken GCs can't control AI a/c -- that absolutely positively SUCKS. The fact that it works in testing in SP but not in MP is inexcusable!
rant-on-off

crew

#3854542 - 10/26/13 11:31 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
My head hurts.

Apparently when I made these S'paign missions I'd just started using Mist. There's no fricken way they would have worked right with the old events -- scheesh.

All fixed now. Let's give them another go.

I'm putting up the middle mission of the five -- Zesti Highway. If Red wins the missions move west to the coast and Kobuleti Airbase, until Blue is pushed off of the land. If Blue can win the missions move eastward towards Tbilisi.

Zesti!

#3854682 - 10/27/13 01:00 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
tomcat Offline
tomcat  Offline

Halifax, NS, Canada
Just FYI Eno I got booted from GP yesterday with a "Connection Interrupted" message. Might have been due to user input on your end, not sure. Just wanted to let you know in case it was an issue worth looking into.

#3854699 - 10/27/13 02:22 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: Molasses]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
Originally Posted By: Molasses
Had fun on the highway last night.

Thanks for the mission Crew. That was the first mission I ever flew at the firehouse and it's just as fun now.

Thanks, Molasses!

---

A few of us ganged up on the Blues last night in Zesti -- managed to win it for the Red dogs. That took the series over to Streets Of Kutaisi, where artillery can play a big role. I called it a night around 2100. Streets starts at 0900, and checking in on it -- the mission is still running with a local time of 2000.

This scene is from Zesti -- good thing there were no Blue A-10s around...

WC

#3854717 - 10/27/13 03:09 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

GP was a script error on my side and I'm looking into it. How'd the mission feel up until then?

Page 142 of 240 1 2 140 141 142 143 144 239 240

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM
Food Safety and Bad Roommates
by KRT_Bong. 04/04/24 02:16 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.