Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#3812620 - 07/22/13 12:43 AM Re: DaiZy Offline SinglePlayer mods *** [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
FrontierProject Offline
low-spec system simmer
FrontierProject  Offline
low-spec system simmer

Smalltown Minnesota
I think I'm doing something wrong, I can't get the edited shortcut I have to load mods, even though I have the "-mod = @XXX;@XXX;@XXX" lines added, no mods are loaded, I still have to manually load/unload them in the games "expansions" menu. The other command lines like -nosplash and -no Intro work fine.

I installed CoWarMod and JSRS and at the same time unloaded DaiZy because I was playing stock ARMA 2 for a few days, today I reloaded the mod and all my progression was lost. was this because I installed the other mods, or was it unloading the DaiZy mod, cuz if it was the former it's ok, but if it's the latter I'll have some srs issues as I'll probably be load/unloading it a couple times a week as I switch between it and stock ARMA.

edit: nevermind the second part of my post, as I was sitting here I realized I had created a new profile on my game, so I think it'll all be good if I just switch to my old one.

Last edited by FrontierProject; 07/22/13 12:45 AM.

"Burn them all."
--------------
Intel Core2 Duo E8200 @ 2.66GHz
4GB RAM
Sparkle Geforce GTX460
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3812677 - 07/22/13 05:56 AM Re: DaiZy Offline SinglePlayer mods [Re: FrontierProject]  
Harry-the-Ruskie Offline
Hotshot
Harry-the-Ruskie  Offline
Hotshot

Malaysia
Originally Posted By: FrontierProject
is there a way to increase bandit spawns?

I don't know how to do that. The spawn rates seem reasonable to me though. It used to be they were spawning far too quickly in the earlier versions.

also a script to clear all loot? I find stuffing cans into corpses to be way too time consuming and immersion-breaking.

You can just grab the loot and dump them all into one big pile out on the street if you don't care about cleaning them up. Fresh loot will still spawn as long as the old loot is not sitting on the old spawn points.

I just have a personal preference to clean them up when the situation permits because I'm obsessive. I don't do this all the time obviously, otherwise it will be tedious.

I'm trying to build a base at Elektro without cheating and loot farming is a viable way to get the raw materials I want. Still slow going but if you have a couple of friendly AI survivors in your squad they can keep the zeds off your back while you are looting.

#3812714 - 07/22/13 10:15 AM Re: DaiZy Offline SinglePlayer mods [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
FlashHeart Offline
Old fart
FlashHeart  Offline
Old fart

52°56'N 0°02'W (UK)
Thanks for the info in this thread, Harry.

I was a big fan of DayZ in the early early days (like only half a dozen servers at the time) but am not too keen on what it has become.

I tried the SP mod back then and it got very boring very quickly. That's about when I stopped playing. Been on servers about 5 times since and was very disappointed after each (though I found a Hive veteran server - 130, I think - a couple of days ago and that seemed much better).

This looks a much better SP game and well worth a try.

PS - won't let me download the 2GB Breaking Point mod, though cuss

PPS - downloading now. Yay! band

Last edited by FlashHeart; 07/22/13 02:50 PM.

"The way you keep forgeting things, you'd think you'd remember"
- my wife
#3812808 - 07/22/13 02:24 PM Re: DaiZy Offline SinglePlayer mods [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
FrontierProject Offline
low-spec system simmer
FrontierProject  Offline
low-spec system simmer

Smalltown Minnesota
Originally Posted By: Harry-the-Ruskie

I don't know how to do that. The spawn rates seem reasonable to me though. It used to be they were spawning far too quickly in the earlier versions.
yeah its pretty good, the reason I was wondering is I just travelled most of the way up to the NW airstrip from Cherno, and haven't seen a single bandit/survivor, dunno if that's standard fare online, but that's kinda what I'm trying to emulate. On that note, I believe the Northern bandit version of the mod - the one that turns survivors into bandits in the northern areas - would probably be the more "online authentic" version.

Quote:
Loot cycling is how you get it done. I have a console command written that does it now, but before that, I did the following: Lure a zed to the building you are looting and kill it. Your new buddy -- let's call him Lenny -- is going to be the receptacle for all the junk you want to cycle. Pick everything up and deposit it on Lenny's corpse. Lenny will hold the junk a while until he despawns. This way, you don't leave unsightly piles of junk all over the map. With the loot spawns clear, more things will spawn the next time you are nearby.

Nowadays, I use a console command to wipe everything. Get stra_debug2.pbo and put it in the @DayZ folder wherever your ArmA2 OA application lives. This console is quite handy and makes for a fun learning tool as well. Once you have the console working put something like this in an exec line:

{deleteVehicle _x} forEach nearestObjects [position player,["WeaponHolder","WeaponHolderBase"],20];

This deletes loot on the ground for 20 meters from the center of the building you are nearest to. If you want to mark the building as having never been looted, you can execute the following:

nearestBuilding player setVariable["looted",0,true];

This last line you will find particularly useful if you change the time the wrong way or have some other bug that breaks the loot spawns. Use the scripts to grind an area, or don't, your game, play it your way. I find that it gets pretty close to killing immersion, but not quite. It's possible to be more sophisticated about which loot to delete, but I have never really needed it. Hope this helps!

Found this in a blog post on one of the early versions of the mod, if it still works I'll probably use it. I'm not particularly worried about cheating because I understand how the DayZ loot spawn system works and I'd use it in a very similar fashion, no loot grinding, I wouldn't even reset until I'd cleared a different town first.

"Burn them all."
--------------
Intel Core2 Duo E8200 @ 2.66GHz
4GB RAM
Sparkle Geforce GTX460
#3812871 - 07/22/13 04:05 PM Re: DaiZy Offline SinglePlayer mods [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
FlashHeart Offline
Old fart
FlashHeart  Offline
Old fart

52°56'N 0°02'W (UK)
Grrr!

After 600MB the Breaking Point download stopped "unable to read source".

Google downloads sux big time. cuss2

PS - I got it now biggrin

Last edited by FlashHeart; 07/26/13 09:26 PM.

"The way you keep forgeting things, you'd think you'd remember"
- my wife
#3813633 - 07/24/13 01:49 AM Re: DaiZy Offline SinglePlayer mods [Re: FrontierProject]  
Harry-the-Ruskie Offline
Hotshot
Hotshot

Malaysia

Found this in a blog post on one of the early versions of the mod, if it still works I'll probably use it. I'm not particularly worried about cheating because I understand how the DayZ loot spawn system works and I'd use it in a very similar fashion, no loot grinding, I wouldn't even reset until I'd cleared a different town first.

Interesting. Thanks for the heads up

#3814638 - 07/26/13 03:48 PM Re: DaiZy Offline SinglePlayer mods [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
D13th_Korn Offline
D13th_Korn  Offline

fyi downloading DayZ via torrent from the mod's site will NOT get you the latest version but an older one (1.7.3 i think).

I gave DaiZy a shot and was plagued with errors... finally i noticed that i did not have the latest version (although it was supposed to be... and ironically the torrent file is named latest.torrent lol). So stay away from the torrent download.

#3814938 - 07/27/13 04:46 AM Re: DaiZy Offline SinglePlayer mods [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
BeachAV8R Offline
Lifer
BeachAV8R  Offline
Lifer

KCLT
Any ideas on why my binoculars aren't working correctly? I get this view when I switch..almost like I'm looking over them instead of through them..with no magnification..

#3815593 - 07/29/13 03:30 AM Re: DaiZy Offline SinglePlayer mods [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
Airdog67 Offline
Airdog67  Offline

I think you hit your fire button to bring them up to your eyes, hit it again to lower them and B to put them away

Airdog

| Asus P8Z77-V Pro | i7 2600K @ 4.0 | 8 GB DDR3@1600mhz | EVGA 670GTX 4GB| Win7 64 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz 3D LED | 3x Acer 23" Touchscreens | HELIOS |
#3816038 - 07/30/13 07:37 AM Re: DaiZy Offline SinglePlayer mods [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
Harry-the-Ruskie Offline
Hotshot
Hotshot

Malaysia
Are you using the binoculars mod ? There's one bundled in the CoWar mod though I never used it. If I recall the instructions you look over the binocs until you are ready to activate them just like what Airdog mentioned.

What Arma game is that btw ? I don't recognize the UI

#3842010 - 09/26/13 08:46 AM Re: DaiZy Offline SinglePlayer mods [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
Eiriksvin Offline
Eiriksvin  Offline

Thank you sooo much, I had a really hard time trying install it until I uninstalled Arma 2 and did a fresh install, then used your tutorial and followed it by the letter. The very first time I ran DaiZy after I installed it, it worked perfectly! No more errors, missing files, just pure Single Player awesomeness.

Heathen.
#3842224 - 09/26/13 06:52 PM Re: DaiZy Offline SinglePlayer mods [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
HarryM Offline
Hotshot
HarryM  Offline
Hotshot

Paso Robles, CA USA
One thing I found irritating about the original SP DaiZy factions mod is that the bandit squads are on the same side as the zeds, so immune. I would get chased/pinned down by heavily armed bandits who would just walk through big groups of zeds. I just changed that (put them back in the bandit faction) and loaded a new game, interesting to see what will happen, hopefully some epic fights.

#3842316 - 09/26/13 09:14 PM Re: DaiZy Offline SinglePlayer mods [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
HarryM Offline
Hotshot
HarryM  Offline
Hotshot

Paso Robles, CA USA
Hmm, looking into it seems problem is pretty deep, probably won't work.

#3844097 - 10/01/13 07:21 AM Re: DaiZy Offline SinglePlayer mods [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
Harry-the-Ruskie Offline
Hotshot
Hotshot

Malaysia
There are deeper problems apparently.

DaiZy SP mods apparently hit a snag where the longer you play, the more lag you get in the game and the less Zombies will be spawned. I have experienced this myself and so have many players.

The No.1 guy in the dev team is working on a fix but this is voluntary work and he's caught up in other commitments so there's not really any deadline (if ever). He's working on a loot cleanup script but not sure at the moment if this is part of the problem or something else.

I have put this on the shelf for the timebeing and went back to other games that I never completed. Getting somewhat burned out with DayZ anyway. It's been constant DayZ for close to 1.5 years now. Time to go on a sabbatical with it and return refreshed when the Standalone is out (whenever).

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.