Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#383639 - 01/05/06 09:56 PM Those Who Still Play  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered


I want to know how many of you play flanker (1, 1.5, 2 or 2.5)???....everyone i talk to says Flanker is sh*tty and to buy lock-on...but i still enjoy flanker very much and was wondering how many of you all still enjoying playing Flanker regularly...

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#383640 - 01/05/06 10:37 PM Re: Those Who Still Play  
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,790
453Raafspitty Offline
Senior Member
453Raafspitty  Offline
Senior Member

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,790
Australia,Sandstone Point
I,don't play it regularly because of of limited Pc memory(192megs) but when I do I thouroughly enjoy it.

#383641 - 01/06/06 04:29 AM Re: Those Who Still Play  
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 2,291
John P Offline
Member
John P  Offline
Member

Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 2,291
MN, USA
I still play it regularly. If the series had a campaign system, any type, I'd play it more than F4/AF.

#383642 - 01/06/06 07:28 AM Re: Those Who Still Play  
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,954
Reticuli Offline
Member
Reticuli  Offline
Member

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,954
Dayton, OH, USA
I do, even more than LOMAC.


The term "necroposting" was invented by a person with no social memory beyond a year. People with a similar hangup are those o.k. with the internet being transient vapor.

http://www.openfuelstandard.org/2011/12/methanol-wins-open-wager.html

Saitek X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

http://library.avsim.net/register.php

X52 + Silicone Grease = JOY stick
#383643 - 01/06/06 08:24 PM Re: Those Who Still Play  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered


yea...i wish my system could run F4/AF...because i hear that it is horribly awsome....i do agree though....a campaign system would be good for it...but i still love playing Flanker...realistic and just fun....my favorite

#383644 - 01/07/06 09:42 AM Re: Those Who Still Play  
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,954
Reticuli Offline
Member
Reticuli  Offline
Member

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,954
Dayton, OH, USA
I have F4AF and don't use it that much, partly because of the huge amount to learn when I already am very into a lot of other sims, and also because I'm not real impressed be the speed of the graphics for what you're getting. Lomac is much prettier than Falcon, and smoother, too.


The term "necroposting" was invented by a person with no social memory beyond a year. People with a similar hangup are those o.k. with the internet being transient vapor.

http://www.openfuelstandard.org/2011/12/methanol-wins-open-wager.html

Saitek X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

http://library.avsim.net/register.php

X52 + Silicone Grease = JOY stick
#383645 - 01/07/06 10:40 PM Re: Those Who Still Play  
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 2,291
John P Offline
Member
John P  Offline
Member

Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 2,291
MN, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Reticuli:
I have F4AF and don't use it that much, partly because of the huge amount to learn when I already am very into a lot of other sims, and also because I'm not real impressed be the speed of the graphics for what you're getting. Lomac is much prettier than Falcon, and smoother, too.
The Flanker series/Lomac has the best sensation of speed, at any height, of any flight sim past or present imo.

#383646 - 01/16/06 01:39 PM Re: Those Who Still Play  
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 203
kjuice Offline
Member
kjuice  Offline
Member

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 203
kroach@westman.wave.ca
I have it on my HD, but havent play in some time. Playing Trainz and DOD now. Should get back into planes by early summer.


Most people never look up
#383647 - 01/16/06 11:12 PM Re: Those Who Still Play  
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,954
Reticuli Offline
Member
Reticuli  Offline
Member

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,954
Dayton, OH, USA
I meant the speed of the framerates, but that too. I've been trying to get more into LOMAC, but the fps is not good in multiplayer and it's a lot of flying around then suddenly getting shot by a surface ship. Last night I spent two hours with a couple wankers who had comms and awacs on one side and nothing going on on the other. Hmm, why would anyone want to fly with these people is beyond me. I'd really like to get together and fly 2.51 on Hyperlobby with some people. We could use comms and do some ground pounding (with radar) and AA stuff.


The term "necroposting" was invented by a person with no social memory beyond a year. People with a similar hangup are those o.k. with the internet being transient vapor.

http://www.openfuelstandard.org/2011/12/methanol-wins-open-wager.html

Saitek X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

http://library.avsim.net/register.php

X52 + Silicone Grease = JOY stick
#383648 - 01/18/06 03:52 PM Re: Those Who Still Play  
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 2,291
John P Offline
Member
John P  Offline
Member

Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 2,291
MN, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Reticuli:
I meant the speed of the framerates, but that too. I've been trying to get more into LOMAC, but the fps is not good in multiplayer and it's a lot of flying around then suddenly getting shot by a surface ship. Last night I spent two hours with a couple wankers who had comms and awacs on one side and nothing going on on the other. Hmm, why would anyone want to fly with these people is beyond me. I'd really like to get together and fly 2.51 on Hyperlobby with some people. We could use comms and do some ground pounding (with radar) and AA stuff.
Anytime you want to fly F2 online, give me a yell.

If the timing works out, I'd like to too.

#383649 - 01/18/06 09:33 PM Re: Those Who Still Play  
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 320
Bars Offline
Member
Bars  Offline
Member

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 320
Today i fly a La-5F!
Count me in too! \:\) /under the same nickname on HL/


"Therefore, in Korea, we did not view the Americans as enemies, but only as opponents. Our motto in the air was 'Competition - with whomever.'"
#383650 - 01/19/06 07:23 AM Re: Those Who Still Play  
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 68
Erawan Offline
Junior Member
Erawan  Offline
Junior Member

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 68
I played Flanker 2.5 once. It was awesome game. It is similar to LOMAC, but different from LOMAC. You can fly SU-33, MiG-29, and SU-25 on LOMAC, but you can only fly SU-27 and other Sukhoi (?) variant on Flankers. However, combat mode on both games are pretty much similar. Too much complicated. Well, I have played many simulator games, especially, Flight simulator, either combat or non-combat, since I was 15 years-old. The control was easy. Now, the control is almost similar to real life. The bottom line is LOMAC is continuing from Flanker 2.5. If you could play Flanker 2.5, you could play LOMAC.


Erawan "Eri" Sujana
#383651 - 01/19/06 08:49 AM Re: Those Who Still Play  
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 320
Bars Offline
Member
Bars  Offline
Member

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 320
Today i fly a La-5F!
Quote:
Originally posted by Erawan:
I played Flanker 2.5 once. It was awesome game. It is similar to LOMAC, but different from LOMAC. You can fly SU-33, MiG-29, and SU-25 on LOMAC, but you can only fly SU-27 and other Sukhoi (?) variant on Flankers. However, combat mode on both games are pretty much similar. Too much complicated. Well, I have played many simulator games, especially, Flight simulator, either combat or non-combat, since I was 15 years-old. The control was easy. Now, the control is almost similar to real life. The bottom line is LOMAC is continuing from Flanker 2.5. If you could play Flanker 2.5, you could play LOMAC.
In Flanker 2.5 you can fly Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29K /naval version of Mig-29, no such in LOMAC/.


"Therefore, in Korea, we did not view the Americans as enemies, but only as opponents. Our motto in the air was 'Competition - with whomever.'"
#383652 - 01/20/06 12:33 AM Re: Those Who Still Play  
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,954
Reticuli Offline
Member
Reticuli  Offline
Member

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,954
Dayton, OH, USA
There's also ground radar, a better helmet sight, better landing physics, and less canned cobras. The stalls are more canned, but if you want flankers you're better off with Flanker, I think. It's also less glitchy and runs a lot faster. And you get R-77's. The Flankers are horribly disadvantaged without active AAMs in Lomac.


The term "necroposting" was invented by a person with no social memory beyond a year. People with a similar hangup are those o.k. with the internet being transient vapor.

http://www.openfuelstandard.org/2011/12/methanol-wins-open-wager.html

Saitek X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

http://library.avsim.net/register.php

X52 + Silicone Grease = JOY stick
#383653 - 01/20/06 03:45 AM Re: Those Who Still Play  
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 2,291
John P Offline
Member
John P  Offline
Member

Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 2,291
MN, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Reticuli:
There's also ground radar, a better helmet sight, better landing physics, and less canned cobras. The stalls are more canned, but if you want flankers you're better off with Flanker, I think. It's also less glitchy and runs a lot faster. And you get R-77's. The Flankers are horribly disadvantaged without active AAMs in Lomac.
You think they're disadvantaged in Lomac, you should see Allied Force, and it's not just Flankers \:\)

#383654 - 01/27/06 04:16 PM Re: Those Who Still Play  
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 490
Da.Spungie Offline
Member
Da.Spungie  Offline
Member

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 490
Chilliwack B.C. Canada
I have it I play it
but not ehough to have memorized all the keys I need to.
mostly play strike fighters good group of online fellas
some il-2 fb an pacific fighters but too many vultures and noone willing to help a noob enjoy the game just people looking for easy kills
I enjoy janes ww2 fighters online alot as well again great bunch of online guys to crash and burn with
fighters anthology is dated but playable and fun
and more good fellas too

but if there were some regulars on h/l in the flanker room I would be more than happy to let them kick me around the sky

see ya there


There is no such thing as too much firepower
#383655 - 01/31/06 09:05 PM Re: Those Who Still Play  
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1
Sherzod Dadaboyev Offline
Junior Member
Sherzod Dadaboyev  Offline
Junior Member

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1
199 fifth street, Columbus AFB...
Those who play Flanker, pls join online, it will be fun guys!


Sherzod Dadaboyev
#383656 - 04/03/06 11:50 AM Re: Those Who Still Play  
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 40
CVW11_Lobo Offline
Junior Member
CVW11_Lobo  Offline
Junior Member

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 40
Berlin
I know it'S a bit late, but I'm still looking for some people to fly 2.51 online. It has more A/G capabilities than in Lomac. Maybe we can meet in HL, weekdays would be good, just for some testing. Anyone who's interested, send me a message to ICQ 858-90-205 or pof1@freenet.de!!!

Greetings,
Lobo


Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
The Darwin Effect
by vonBaur. 07/15/19 04:02 PM
Rare Sperm Whale Encounter with ROV
by Blade_RJ. 07/14/19 10:51 PM
Anyone play War of Rights?
by Ajay. 07/14/19 09:55 AM
Top Gun Spoof "USS Cardizem"
by Coot. 07/14/19 03:30 AM
The hidden truth about he-man
by Blade_RJ. 07/13/19 10:45 PM
Storm Barry and Jim Cantore
by Cajun. 07/13/19 02:07 PM
a really old car
by KraziKanuK. 07/12/19 01:46 AM
Greatest child actor performances in movies?
by PanzerMeyer. 07/11/19 06:39 PM
MotoGP rider Marc Marquez makes it a perfect 10
by Patrocles. 07/10/19 12:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0