Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3815711 - 07/29/13 02:44 PM Need your help to boost Clod reviews on Amazon.com  
OlofK Offline
OlofK  Offline

Dear SimHQ members

Clod needs your help to look more attractive on Amazon.
Clod surely has bugs etc etc but but currently on Amazon it has more 1 star ratings than it deserves and these bring down the average rating. As a matter of fact, it has more 1 star ratings than anything else. I agree that Clod in 2011 deserved 1 star but this is no longer the case!

In order for us to improve the playability experience we need more players and to attract those Clod players that abandoned the game in 2011 and have never touched it since. Most of them are not aware of the new Team Fusion patches and how it made the game the great game it is today so im urging you to help us out to get those players back!

Go to www.Amazon.com (the international site is the best as it is the biggest)
And when you are there, search for "Cliffs of dover" and first of all, give "thumbs ups" to all the postive reviews you read there as the reviews that people found most helpful will be the ones that are on the top. We dont need lots of negative reviews from 2011 to show on on top for new people who havent yet bought the game.

Once this is done, please take the time to write your own positive review and be sure to also mention Team fusion and what they have done but also what they are still doing and please give a link to the>SimHQ or ATAG forum so people easily can find the Team Fusion patches easily!
Please also paste some links to some really good youtube videos made after TF patch 3.0

Short version:
1.Give thumbs up to postive Clod reviews(the ones with 5 stars)
2. Sign up and post your own review.
3. In your own review, paste a link to ATAG (subforum Team fusion)
4. Paste some good youtube videos of Clod with TF3.0

Best regards
Kling

Last edited by ATAG_Kling; 07/30/13 03:03 AM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3815786 - 07/29/13 05:13 PM Re: Need your help to boost Clod reviews on Amazon.com [Re: OlofK]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
The problem with Amazon reviews is they assume a static product. A re-release of the game, a GOTY version or something, would allow a new set of reviews without all that old junk in there, but that's not happening.
There's no mechanism to separate the review of the product as it stands now vs what was expected/promised vs how it was on release.

As it is, Amazon reviews are about everything, so they can mislead. Example: a low rating for a new DVD. Are people low-rating the film itself, even if the transfer, sound, and extras are superb ie a great copy of a crappy film? Or is it a great film that the DVD does no justice to, so while the film is a classic that most people like, it's grainy, sound is shallow, and there's nothing on the disc but the film and a trailer.

In the first case, the review is blasting the content without regard for the work done on the actual product, the polish on it. In the second, the review isn't saying the film is bad but that THIS copy of it is junk.

Smart people know to take Amazon ratings with a grain of salt for those reasons. And let's face it, stupid people don't fly CloD. smile

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#3815807 - 07/29/13 05:49 PM Re: Need your help to boost Clod reviews on Amazon.com [Re: Jedi Master]  
OlofK Offline
OlofK  Offline

With that said...I hope you wrote a good review;)

#3815974 - 07/30/13 12:52 AM Re: Need your help to boost Clod reviews on Amazon.com [Re: OlofK]  
BirdDogICT Offline
BirdDogICT  Offline

I'll take a stab at writing a good review...just installed CloD with the TF MOD this weekend, and am enjoying myself, although I haven't tried any online play yet.

I wrote an Amazon review for CFS3 with the Over Flanders Fields mod several years ago, and Amazon had no problems posting it.

There are no accidents and no fatal flaws in the machines; there are only pilots with the wrong stuff.

— Tom Wolfe, The Right Stuff,1979.
#3815997 - 07/30/13 02:51 AM Re: Need your help to boost Clod reviews on Amazon.com [Re: BirdDogICT]  
OlofK Offline
OlofK  Offline

Originally Posted By: BirdDogICT
I'll take a stab at writing a good review...just installed CloD with the TF MOD this weekend, and am enjoying myself, although I haven't tried any online play yet.

I wrote an Amazon review for CFS3 with the Over Flanders Fields mod several years ago, and Amazon had no problems posting it.

thx bud

#3816008 - 07/30/13 04:00 AM Re: Need your help to boost Clod reviews on Amazon.com [Re: OlofK]  
FS_Lewis Offline
FS_Lewis  Offline

Sheffield, UK
Done!

Great idea kling..

For me this is the most realistic and immersive WWII flight sim out there at the moment...I have over 700 hours on this sim and am still amazed by the game play and graphics...There have been a few patches since its release notably by Team Fusion who are taking this sim to where it should have been in the first place...

This has now set the benchmark for any WWII flight sims that come out in the future...I can understand how folks dismissed this when it was released but the sim we have now is totally different due to the patches...

Best by far at the moment....and I dont see much that will touch it in the near future..

...lew...

PS..check ATATGs website for patches, tips and community discussion too...

and BirdDog...MAN!!..what are you doin?...you just gotta fly online...once you've done it there's no going back...that first kill...the adrenalin rush...they don't fly straight and level like AI mate...you get on their 6 and they throw that stick around like they're throttlin a naughty monkey!!

Last edited by FS_Lewis; 07/30/13 04:02 AM.
#3816411 - 07/31/13 01:27 AM Re: Need your help to boost Clod reviews on Amazon.com [Re: FS_Lewis]  
BirdDogICT Offline
BirdDogICT  Offline

FS_Lewis,

Give me a few days...I'm getting my feet wet. Already logged 20 hours since Sunday when I first installed it. Amazing sim, this. Will be flying online soon.

There are no accidents and no fatal flaws in the machines; there are only pilots with the wrong stuff.

— Tom Wolfe, The Right Stuff,1979.
#3816428 - 07/31/13 02:30 AM Re: Need your help to boost Clod reviews on Amazon.com [Re: BirdDogICT]  
OlofK Offline
OlofK  Offline

thx BirdDog, we appreciate it!

And we look forwards to seeing you online! Thats where the real learning curve starts. And download TeamSpeak as well! Lots of guys who are willing to help new guys!

Last edited by ATAG_Kling; 07/31/13 02:32 AM.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.