Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#3808839 - 07/13/13 09:40 AM confirmed: luthier (RRG) and DCS are now workin on a new ww2 flightsim !!  
rootango Offline
rootango  Offline

everywhere
for those of us who are fans of oleg and luthier's previous flightsim series and had high hopes for a continuation of the series (and were dismayed that 1C lost their bottle when CoD was close to being fixed and just as the next BoM sequel was about to be released ) , there is the good news that it is now confirmed by luthier himself that he is indeed working in cooperation with DCS on a soon to be released ww2 flightsim. prior rumours from DCS had indicated in recent months that they had been joined by a "highly experienced group of ww2 flightsim creators", which for many oleg/luthier fans gave the hope this might have been lutheir and a group of MG coders/gfx-designers. this now seeems indeed to be the case !

it seems that this project will morph DCS's current p51 and fw190 stand alone aircraft into a fully featured ww2 sim with extensive new objects and theater environment (with new features), and it will combine DCS's 24/7 dynamic campaign engine (as functioning in their modern era fully integrated flightsim products) and the new DCS gfx engine (EDGE)

this is fantastic news for all il2 sturmovik fans, particularly since this project will be an improved and more advanced version of many of the new concepts and features we already have in CoD, rather then the dumbded down but more eye candy oriented RoF BS project that is focused on their "lucrative sales model"( where they drip feed you sales of scarves and other trinkets so you end up spending 500$ for a game that should only cost you 50 - 70 $). the track record of the DCS sales model in contrast is much more sensible and is a direct reflection of development costs for large new game elements.

by all indication the lutheir/DCS flightsim could be released fairly quickly, and it isnt starting from zero with a distant vague release date. it could well be released around the same time as the RoF BS thingy.

long live lutheir !! and welcome back !!

for il2-sturmovik fans its a big sigh of relief to see luthier come back into the ww2 flightsim development, and hopefully with DCS they might still develop the korean era sim in the future as well smile

Quote:

Today on the ED Forums from Luthier...

Hello folks,

Wow, what a big thread.

Sorry - this whole thing wasn't supposed to be public yet. A single misclick on my part set in motion a chain of events of such epic proportions, who could have ever guessed. And well, here we are.

I've been posting on a Russian forum a bunch last night since that's where the leak came out. Figured I owe it to you guys to actually post everything in English.

Here's what I talked about in Russian yesterday:

1. There’s a new project in development between RRG Studios (my company) and Eagle Dynamics.
2. We’re making a new WWII flight sim.
3. The general approach in the new sim is the same as in DCS: P-51.
4. Cockpit workload, cabin systems, levers-buttons-gears, reliance on actual historical manuals, and the flight model, will be the same as in DCS: P-51.
5. Modeling of various secondary internal systems, such as modeling the pressure inside each bend in the hydraulics, will be somewhat simplified.
6. The landscape in the new project will be based on EDGE.
7. The theater, planeset, screenshots, videos, etc – will come in due time.

And here's some new information:

1. Myself and a bunch of ED guys are flying in nice tight formation to the Flying Legends airshow tomorrow. We’ll go TSA on the vintage warbirds there. There’ll be lots of videos and photos.
2. The official project announcement, alongside screenshots, videos, schedules, and the most detailed feature description you’ve ever seen on any flight sim ever, will come no earlier and no later than September 1st, 2013. The date is very important for the project. We cannot miss it. Be there.

Other than that, I won’t be revealing any more details until Sept 1st.

I'll hang around here for a few more hours, and then I'm off to Flying Legends until Tuesday.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...&postcount=153

Be advised, we got zips in the wire
#3808848 - 07/13/13 10:10 AM Re: confirmed: luthier (RRG) and DCS are now workin on a new ww2 flightsim !! [Re: rootango]  
RedToo Offline
RedToo  Offline

Bolton UK
Yeah, just read about this. To me this sounds like typical Luthier hype. I like to contrast what he said and what he did when he was in charge of CoD (and Pacific Fighters), with what Team Fusion say and do now with CoD. wink

Good old Luthier:

Quote: Sorry - this whole thing wasn't supposed to be public yet. A single misclick on my part set in motion a chain of events of such epic proportions, who could have ever guessed. And well, here we are. Unquote.

Now if Oleg were to return ...

RedToo.

My 'Waiting for Clod' thread: http://tinyurl.com/bqxc9ee

Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.
Elie Wiesel. Romanian born Jewish writer, professor, political activist, Nobel Laureate, Holocaust survivor. 1928 - 2016.

Indeed the safest road to Hell is the gradual one - the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts. C.S. Lewis, 1898 - 1963.
#3808872 - 07/13/13 12:32 PM Re: confirmed: luthier (RRG) and DCS are now workin on a new ww2 flightsim !! [Re: RedToo]  
Bumfluff Offline
Bumfluff  Offline

Yes I read this misclick stuff. What horsh&t. Make the game or don't. But don't start pulling people's chain from day one.

#3808938 - 07/13/13 04:05 PM Re: confirmed: luthier (RRG) and DCS are now workin on a new ww2 flightsim !! [Re: rootango]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

Load of old bollocks.

#3808985 - 07/13/13 06:08 PM Re: confirmed: luthier (RRG) and DCS are now workin on a new ww2 flightsim !! [Re: rootango]  
NECyclone Offline
NECyclone  Offline

Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
Two Weeks. For sure. biggrin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb." - Benjamin Franklin
#3809001 - 07/13/13 06:51 PM Re: confirmed: luthier (RRG) and DCS are now workin on a new ww2 flightsim !! [Re: rootango]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Sounds good to me

Looking at a sim as described above could be a lot of fun

I could care less about the hoopla

#3809002 - 07/13/13 06:52 PM Re: confirmed: luthier (RRG) and DCS are now workin on a new ww2 flightsim !! [Re: rootango]  
SlipBall Offline
disillusioned
SlipBall  Offline
disillusioned

East Coast U.S.A.
Could be real good time will tell, I wish him luck...he has a family too

Post composed with speech to text, it woks grape!

Clod
OEM screenshots & videos of Eu release..So I fly the original game because I am a off-liner and the game's AI was broken after the last good patch, game version 1.0.13954
GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
#3809026 - 07/13/13 07:40 PM Re: confirmed: luthier (RRG) and DCS are now workin on a new ww2 flightsim !! [Re: rootango]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Hype is cheap and meaningless. When they have something to show, or more importantly sell, I will make an evaluation of its worth. Ditto BoS.

No need to preorder now.

Oh, I WOULD caution against any possible Kickstarter/Indiegogo campaign they might decide to try, though. I certainly won't give them money ahead of time.

I did that for CloD, preordered for full price.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#3809319 - 07/14/13 01:13 PM Re: confirmed: luthier (RRG) and DCS are now workin on a new ww2 flightsim !! [Re: rootango]  
steeldelete Offline
steeldelete  Offline

Switzerland
I think in this day and age we should be conscious to be flying in an other WWII area. With planes that old we would be polluting the skies even more.

uuups, I'll leave..

cogito, ergo zoom
#3809382 - 07/14/13 03:52 PM Re: confirmed: luthier (RRG) and DCS are now workin on a new ww2 flightsim !! [Re: rootango]  
Smokin_Hole Offline
Smokin_Hole  Offline

Originally Posted By: "OP"
...and it will combine DCS's 24/7 dynamic campaign engine (as functioning in their modern era fully integrated flightsim products) and the new DCS gfx engine (EDGE)...

Dynamic campaign? I missed that feature.

#3809453 - 07/14/13 06:34 PM Re: confirmed: luthier (RRG) and DCS are now workin on a new ww2 flightsim !! [Re: rootango]  
toonces Offline
toonces  Offline

Honolulu, Hawaii

Originally Posted By: Smokin_Hole
Originally Posted By: "OP"
...and it will combine DCS's 24/7 dynamic campaign engine (as functioning in their modern era fully integrated flightsim products) and the new DCS gfx engine (EDGE)...

Dynamic campaign? I missed that feature.

^ +1.

Last edited by toonces; 07/14/13 06:35 PM.

"A week or even a month for someone basically saying "shucks, this is pants" maybe. But their banhammer only has the forever setting. Gotta set phasers to stun for the localization of female undergarments, not kill yo." - Frederf
#3809471 - 07/14/13 07:52 PM Re: confirmed: luthier (RRG) and DCS are now workin on a new ww2 flightsim !! [Re: rootango]  
Bando Offline
Bando  Offline

[quote=rootango]this is fantastic news for all il2 sturmovik fans, particularly since this project will be an improved and more advanced version of many of the new concepts and features we already have in CoD, rather then the dumbded down but more eye candy oriented RoF BS project that is focused on their "lucrative sales model"( where they drip feed you sales of scarves and other trinkets so you end up spending 500$ for a game that should only cost you 50 - 70 $). the track record of the DCS sales model in contrast is much more sensible and is a direct reflection of development costs for large new game elements.
[quote]

Each to his own. I think I Love ROF, and I love the way they approach the genre.
What Luthier tried to do with CoD was great, the way they delivered was not. The game was bugged and almost unplayable for most. ROF was too in the beginning but everything they (the ROF devs) promised on the forum was delivered after some time. Luthier was a bit less trustworthy to say the least.

I don't know why you trust this beyond the ROF development of the BoS, for their weekly update gives a lot of trust to me. Luthier will have to earn that trust all over again.
Buseness model or not, I love the way ROF does it's thing.

I do hope that Luthier will pull this one off and delivers something great. The only real winners in that case are us, the simmers..

Bando

#3809483 - 07/14/13 08:20 PM Re: confirmed: luthier (RRG) and DCS are now workin on a new ww2 flightsim !! [Re: Bando]  
Lasstmichdurch Offline
Lasstmichdurch  Offline

Germany, Frankfurt
Originally Posted By: Bando
[quote=rootango]this is fantastic news for all il2 sturmovik fans, particularly since this project will be an improved and more advanced version of many of the new concepts and features we already have in CoD, rather then the dumbded down but more eye candy oriented RoF BS project that is focused on their "lucrative sales model"( where they drip feed you sales of scarves and other trinkets so you end up spending 500$ for a game that should only cost you 50 - 70 $). the track record of the DCS sales model in contrast is much more sensible and is a direct reflection of development costs for large new game elements.
[quote]

Each to his own. I think I Love ROF, and I love the way they approach the genre.
What Luthier tried to do with CoD was great, the way they delivered was not. The game was bugged and almost unplayable for most. ROF was too in the beginning but everything they (the ROF devs) promised on the forum was delivered after some time. Luthier was a bit less trustworthy to say the least.

I don't know why you trust this beyond the ROF development of the BoS, for their weekly update gives a lot of trust to me. Luthier will have to earn that trust all over again.
Buseness model or not, I love the way ROF does it's thing.

I do hope that Luthier will pull this one off and delivers something great. The only real winners in that case are us, the simmers..

Bando

Sign that...and also 777 Studios and Jason are smart guys...so i will support them further on...

Give me one ping Vasili, only one ping...
#3809484 - 07/14/13 08:21 PM Re: confirmed: luthier (RRG) and DCS are now workin on a new ww2 flightsim !! [Re: rootango]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
Happy Birthday komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Absolutely with Bando here.
All the shiny things in ROF are optional. Can't understand the heat...

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#3809499 - 07/14/13 09:05 PM Re: confirmed: luthier (RRG) and DCS are now workin on a new ww2 flightsim !! [Re: komemiute]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Originally Posted By: komemiute
Can't understand the heat...

I believe personal feelings have been hurt in the construction of previous flight sims. Might be best to focus on the end product, if for nothing else than our mental health.

It would appear this luthier fellow has stript from some of us simmers the basic enjoyment of flight simming. Too bad for those. Their innocence is gone. Let's get on with it. smile

#3809516 - 07/14/13 09:53 PM Re: confirmed: luthier (RRG) and DCS are now workin on a new ww2 flightsim !! [Re: rootango]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
Happy Birthday komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

LOL, Bisher you are right. Thanks for opening my eyes!
There I was with my 3 weeks old newborn in my arms, thinking these were just computer games... biggrin

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#3809543 - 07/14/13 11:36 PM Re: confirmed: luthier (RRG) and DCS are now workin on a new ww2 flightsim !! [Re: rootango]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Yes these are interesting times. Team Fusion is proving that the COD game engine isn't as bad a many suggested. Studio777 after receiving COD's funding appears to making decent headway with BOS. If BOS can make big improvements to the ROF FMB, and allow enough object placement at playable frame rates, it will be a winner. Luthier's new project could well be a winner aswell considering all the benefits of the DCS World game engine, especially if DCS's new EDGE graphic engine pans out.

In the past, all else being equal the difference maker for most combat flight sims was the FullMissionBuilder, which allows the community to build endless missions and campaigns. There is also a new difference maker on the horizon, the Oculus Rift virtual reality headset. This could bring an immersion level ten times higher than Track IR provided, with its high resolution, 3D, and low latency headtracking. Now, all else being equal, the team that delivers the best VR experience will be the next leader in the combat flight sim market.

Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
#3809586 - 07/15/13 02:22 AM Re: confirmed: luthier (RRG) and DCS are now workin on a new ww2 flightsim !! [Re: Chivas]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: rootango
for those of us who are fans of oleg and luthier's previous flightsim series and had high hopes for a continuation of the series (and were dismayed that 1C lost their bottle when CoD was close to being fixed and just as the next BoM sequel was about to be released ) , there is the good news that it is now confirmed by luthier himself that he is indeed working in cooperation with DCS on a soon to be released ww2 flightsim. prior rumours from DCS had indicated in recent months that they had been joined by a "highly experienced group of ww2 flightsim creators", which for many oleg/luthier fans gave the hope this might have been lutheir and a group of MG coders/gfx-designers. this now seeems indeed to be the case !
it seems that this project will morph DCS's current p51 and fw190 stand alone aircraft into a fully featured ww2 sim with extensive new objects and theater environment (with new features), and it will combine DCS's 24/7 dynamic campaign engine (as functioning in their modern era fully integrated flightsim products) and the new DCS gfx engine (EDGE)
this is fantastic news for all il2 sturmovik fans, particularly since this project will be an improved and more advanced version of many of the new concepts and features we already have in CoD, rather then the dumbded down but more eye candy oriented RoF BS project that is focused on their "lucrative sales model"( where they drip feed you sales of scarves and other trinkets so you end up spending 500$ for a game that should only cost you 50 - 70 $). the track record of the DCS sales model in contrast is much more sensible and is a direct reflection of development costs for large new game elements.
by all indication the lutheir/DCS flightsim could be released fairly quickly, and it isnt starting from zero with a distant vague release date. it could well be released around the same time as the RoF BS thingy.
for il2-sturmovik fans its a big sigh of relief to see luthier come back into the ww2 flightsim development, and hopefully with DCS they might still develop the korean era sim in the future as well smile

I don't know about all that... I spent $147 and I have every single seat fighter in RoF, every map, most of the mod packs and the extra things like the scarves and such sell for $3 and that is when there is no sale. I don't fly floats or bombers so I didn't uy them... Anyone who spent $500 on RoF or says they did is most likely either a liar or a fool. You don't have to buy every aircraft and the sim will automatically update your version of the sim with any new AC.. You just have to buy it if you want to fly it.. If it is not on your list then wait for a sale and get it at half price. I think the RoF model s great and RoF is a decent piece of kit.. I wish Luthier all the best in his new endeavor and it is good to see him back in the mix but there is no need to trash BoS or keep that silliness going...

Originally Posted By: Chivas
Yes these are interesting times. Team Fusion is proving that the COD game engine isn't as bad a many suggested. Studio777 after receiving COD's funding appears to making decent headway with BOS. If BOS can make big improvements to the ROF FMB, and allow enough object placement at playable frame rates, it will be a winner. Luthier's new project could well be a winner aswell considering all the benefits of the DCS World game engine, especially if DCS's new EDGE graphic engine pans out.

In the past, all else being equal the difference maker for most combat flight sims was the FullMissionBuilder, which allows the community to build endless missions and campaigns. There is also a new difference maker on the horizon, the Oculus Rift virtual reality headset. This could bring an immersion level ten times higher than Track IR provided, with its high resolution, 3D, and low latency headtracking. Now, all else being equal, the team that delivers the best VR experience will be the next leader in the combat flight sim market.

I don't know about that either Chivas.. There are a lot of sim pilots who prefer to have access to their sticks.. I am one of those.. OR would be great for FPS or RPG but Flight Sims ... I think there would be more who would forgo it than one might think initially. TIR is hard to beat for me.. and I never have been a fan of clickable pits.. the idea of waving my hands in the air flicking non existent but virtual switches and levers just doesn't appeal to me.. Don't get me wrong.. OR is a great piece of hardware.. and it has a future.. but it is not for me when it comes to sims and I am not alone.

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
#3809640 - 07/15/13 07:22 AM Re: confirmed: luthier (RRG) and DCS are now workin on a new ww2 flightsim !! [Re: Bearcat99]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Originally Posted By: Bearcat99
Originally Posted By: rootango

I don't know about all that... I spent $147 and I have every single seat fighter in RoF, every map, most of the mod packs and the extra things like the scarves and such sell for $3 and that is when there is no sale. I don't fly floats or bombers so I didn't uy them... Anyone who spent $500 on RoF or says they did is most likely either a liar or a fool. You don't have to buy every aircraft and the sim will automatically update your version of the sim with any new AC.. You just have to buy it if you want to fly it.. If it is not on your list then wait for a sale and get it at half price. I think the RoF model s great and RoF is a decent piece of kit.. I wish Luthier all the best in his new endeavor and it is good to see him back in the mix but there is no need to trash BoS or keep that silliness going...

Originally Posted By: Chivas

I don't know about that either Chivas.. There are a lot of sim pilots who prefer to have access to their sticks.. I am one of those.. OR would be great for FPS or RPG but Flight Sims ... I think there would be more who would forgo it than one might think initially. TIR is hard to beat for me.. and I never have been a fan of clickable pits.. the idea of waving my hands in the air flicking non existent but virtual switches and levers just doesn't appeal to me.. Don't get me wrong.. OR is a great piece of hardware.. and it has a future.. but it is not for me when it comes to sims and I am not alone.

I'm sure your not alone. There were plenty of skeptics with TrackIR aswell. Personally I don't have to look at my HOTAS system to use it, just as world WW2 pilots were trained to pilot their aircraft without having to look. I'm currently using a MSFF2 joystick, Cougar throttle, and a three lever throttle/trim/whatever with extra buttons. I don't need a keyboard but could use that blindfolded aswell. If need be I could throw another lever/button bay between existing throttles for easy access with my left hand. I'm sure once people try the Rift they'll give their TrackIR to their kids.

Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
#3809652 - 07/15/13 09:26 AM Re: confirmed: luthier (RRG) and DCS are now workin on a new ww2 flightsim !! [Re: rootango]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

All well and good Chivas, but how do i reach for my beer? smile

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.